All Comments on 'What's on Your Mind?'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 295 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Great except for two things

Get a post nupt and make sure she knows ANY contact with Jill is grounds for a divorce.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Bot sure the kids are a reason to stay

U do not walk to his car without intention to have sex. These r adults. He may have stopped it but that was intent. I could not get past that behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Great story!!! Need more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WELL, IT'S HIS MARRIAGE, I GUESS

MY HUGE PROBLEM WITH THIS IS ALL THe PLANNIG SHE DID TO GO OUT. HAVE A "SPONTANEOUS" NIGHT OUT-OK. BUT REFuSE TO GO TO THE HUSBAND'S BAR-NO WAY! IT'S SIMPLE, PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SCRUTINY. BUT SHE GOT A NEW, SLUTTY OUTFIT, SHE SLAPPED HER HUSBAND AND THREATENED NOT TO COME HOME. SHE GAVE THE A-HOLE HER PAINTIES. SHE DID TOO MUICH ON THE DANCE FLOOR! SHE WAS GOING OUT TO HIS CAR-DRUNK AS A SKUNK! ROBIN WAS THE ONLY HALF-SENSIBLE ONE, BUT ONLY HALF. AS I RETHINK THIS TO WRITE IT DOWN I THINK THE WIFE DID TOO MUCH. ALSO, WHAT IF THEY HAD GOTTEN AWAY WITH THE 1ST NIGHT? WOULD THIS BE AN ON-GOING SITUATION? NOPE, JUST 2 MANY PROBLEMS WITH HER ACTIONS. THERAPY OR NO THERAPY, DID SHE TRY TO COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE SHE REALIZED WHAT SHE DID OR BECAUSE SHE GOT CAUGHT? ALWAYS A BIG QUESTION? A REALLY GOOD WRITER BUT I ALWAYS GET INVOLVED IN THE SITUATION PORTRAYED...

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Good story, thanks for sharing. I was surprised that Paul didn't bring up how she treated their son before she left. Her slutting around was preceded by her telling her child to leave her alone and stop bugging her and when told that he was crying she didn't seem to give a crap.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

What a great story! It was an interesting approach to have the husbands be so proactive about protecting their marriages.

It was sad that the other wives let Jill talk them into behaving like sluts, but women do seem to be heavily influenced by their friends. I think he did the right thing in forgiving Maggie, basically for the sake of the two kids, but it would've been hard to get past the disrespect she showed him. She'd need to become a stepford wife to avoid getting divorced when the kids turned 18.

One thing I was curious about... Was Mark actually the father of his daughter? Jill was a psychotic slut and it's a shame she didn't suffer far worse consequences for all the suffering she inflicted on everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Had to quit on this one. After announcing a "girls night out," getting the reactions of their husbands, knowing that they were suspicious and furious, it is just unbelievable that they would go ahead with their plan. How stupid were these women? The stupidest women on the planet must be married to the stupidest men on the planet. Were none of these men even aware that their wives were completely brainless before this? How could they miss the the drool coming from the mouths of these morons? Wow.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 4 years ago
I'm more of a BTB guy

However, I can actually see the appeal to women who want the accomplishment of getting a guy to buy a drink. It's a poor idea, but it's an 'I still got it' moment. (Kind of a cheat on the guy paying, though)

hugplxhugplxalmost 4 years ago
The entire premise of the story is faulty

Like...what? You can't wave it away as 'cuck shit' if you rightfully divorce your wife over this. A lot of attention was put on the fact that she didn't actually fuck the guy like that's even relevant at that point.

She broke trust and lied. Breaking trust is what's bad about adultery - you can still have a healthy relationship and fuck other people, lying is the issue.

Lying isn't a pothole on the road of marriage, this is the wife taking the wheel and driving the car off the cliff. Trying to commit suicide doesn't prove anything, it just means she belongs in counseling.

I feel like a story like this could work, but it fails the second she leaves for the club and gets aggressive. I honestly thought, based on the title of the story it was just gonna be about a husband and wife talking about why she wants a girl's night out etc.

Unfortunately, this story didn't pass the sniff test for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You are talented BH and offer an easy but compelling story

The anonymous mob will shit on the reconciliation of course but that is what they do. They are like a Greek chorus only instead of providing context and background, they are simply irritating. :)

Anyway, you handled a familiar tale well and you did what so many complain about. You know what your wives are doing so why just get pictures, why not attempt an intervention. There is always a Jill around. She was likely trying to get her friends to cheat to alleviate some of her guilt. It is a surprisingly common coping behavior. Spreading misbehavior around somehow alleviates responsibility. Yes, its irrational but it only has to make sense to the person doing it. Weak personalities are easy targets. In your story Robin wasn't. Maggie and Kelly however....

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 4 years ago
Nice of him

To take her back given that she was obviously going to fuck her cowboy in the car and lied about it to the end. The answer he ultimately got to his final question about trust was "you can't trust me" but he is suddenly OK with that. Must've been one helluva counselor!

Too bad we the readers didn't get to sit in on those counseling sessions. We didnt get to see how they made their way back. Instead the author simply declares them reconciled on the basis of a very unconvincing Jill-as-Svengali throwaway line, followed almost immediately by The End.

Good Story! 5 big bright stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One discordant note:

The men were all adamant that their wives weren’t going to be allowed to go out . . . while they went out golfing in the morning. How do the wives know that their husbands aren’t getting a hole in one with some cutie? RR

penneydog55penneydog55almost 4 years ago
Wowee!

You know I really enjoyed this story. I myself would've liked an explanation for the slap on his face!?...I'm here to compliment the Author for an extraordinary story and not to nit pick

Thanks 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I agree with your comment at the beginning. Half the guys who call "cuckold" on stories expect you to shoot the dude your wife fucks but heaven forbid you actually have the balls to try stopping them from cheating and proving you're the better man. Thanks for the good story though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So now what does he have?

He is married to someone who wanted to get laid by another man so badly that she was hostile, snuck to a different bar, told her son to stop bugging her, slapped her husband, bought new slut clothes for the occasion and now knows not to let him know her plans when she wants to step out in the future.

This is a success?

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago
liked the story

well written and enjoyable. the progression was concise and pacing was mostly good.

not sure if intended but the characters were a bit artificial; the women were like a gradient with Robin (good), Maggie (decent), Kelly (indecent), Jill (bad) and their relationships were likewise. Paul aside, the men were a bit nondescript.

the ending was decent but felt a little bit rushed for me. imo, reconciliations are about the journey so would've liked to read about all the effort, sacrifice and mistakes Maggie made to win Paul back.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I realize that LW world is different, why are so many readers opposed to GNOs in REAL life. Don't husbands go out with the "boys?" What about golfing or fishing outings?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Realistic.

So many LW stories are so fanciful and crazy it takes huge leaps to believe anything in them. This story is packed with very realistic situations and the no win scenarios that follow infidelities. A very thoughtful story and an enjoyable read.

I do agree with one previous commenter, what about the ‘boys morning out’ golfing and the dialogue about the beer girls hmmm? Believe me, those girls are selected for sex appeal and phone numbers are sometimes exchanged. Just sayin’.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago

I hate to be stupid, but what is "SAHM's Club." I know what a "click " is, and of course I know what a clique is. I am part of the best. This story was pretty good. I found it believable, which is a good thing . One wife acted like a wife, two like complete sluts, while the other one was well over the line. No murders. No suing companies for bullshit reasons. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great concept

Having the man live up to his vow to protect instead of being a coward who lets her destroy their family. the only weakness was letting it go as far as it did. I have no respect am very tired of the stories where everyone is a bad guy as is the problem with almost all btbs. The only cuckold is the one who allows it to happen so stop it if you can.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A strange fact.

How come all your men are so alcohol dependent ? It seems they are pissed all the time how on earth can they make a rational decision? that is way beyond me. BTW smoking is for losers kissing an astray is disgusting, no wonder your women in your stories are running away.

Still nice story line, just less grog and smoke please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I liked it !

A much better angle than a lot of LW stories, it was more realistic from the point of view that; if the husband suspected this was going to happen, he would do everything to prevent it. However I do have to say that Jill was a bit too far out there to be real and the other girls were too easily led by her ideas in my opinion. However, I hope this is the first in a series of stories with more determined husbands in them :)

JayDiverJayDiveralmost 4 years ago

THE REAL LOSER.

IMO, most of the commenters and the author seem to miss the real loser in this story. That's Damon and his children, staying in a bad marriage for the kids is seldom worthwhile. While Kelly is portrayed as less evil than Jill, her black check-marks in this incident total the same as Jill's. Most people that stay in a bad marriage for the children seem to forget that life is a lifelong endeavor, and something done for the short term is quite often worse in the long run.

I agree that the story seems to rush to a conclusion. But in the lead in to the finish it was pretty evident what would be the conclusion. Most people don't realize that when an author's 'free' work starts succeeding 15 K word count it ceases to be fun and becomes a job.

All commenters seem to be glossing over the real purpose of this story. A GNO dancing is nothing more than sexual foreplay without the husband. As the police say, any crime needs three things. Motive, means, and opportunity and a GNO dancing is all three wrapped in a ribbon and bow. Not only is it motive means and opportunity for the wife, it's also MMO for the seducer. A GNO is handing a child a hand grenade with the admonishment not to pull the pin. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
If it quacks like a duck

The men aren’t cucks? Cucks stay with wifes who cheat and men burn the bitches. You sure you aren’t cuckprof? This reads like cuckprof story of wimps going on about feelings instead of taking action. As soon as bitches were in the car, bamm bomb goes off and its 5 stars. How stupid are those cucks to not know they fucked the guys already in the club thats why he had her panties. Probably blew the bouncer following them so he wouldn’t tell. Cuck stories get one star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Acted too soon

I think Paul should have waited about another 30-40 seconds to see if Maggie got into the backseat of the asshole’s car. If she refused to get in, it would have gone a long way towards supporting her claim that she was not going to get physical with the guy. Of course, if she did get into the car, drunk and sans panties, then it’s game over. I would NOT have given her time to get her feet in the air! I would have dragged her cheating ass out of the car as soon as she closed the door.

As to staying married for the sake of the kids, that’s really rough. In Paul’s circumstance, I’d give counseling a try. If that worked, kids benefit. I would never stay in a miserable marriage because I believe that would damage the kids more than a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope

If my wife gave her knickers to some guy she was dirty dancing with.

I would consider her his from that moment on.

I would never trust her ever again.

Repercussions yes.

Sadly so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
hmmm

This one makes you think, so well done.

You almost wrote it as to much evidence against her.

Planning the nite

Knowing at least one friend is going to cheat and going along.

Buying a whore/slut outfit.

Yelling at her son and ignoring the husband.

Ignoring husbands concerns.

Saying she may not come home that night.

Planning on a different club so they wouldnt know what was happening.

Ignoring her 1 friends urging them to leave.

Dirty dancing.

Giving up her panties.

Getting drunk with a guy.

Walking to a car with the guy.

Telling the guy she was divorcing.

And the guy said he understood they would be having sex.

Thats just to much evidence to overcome in a story.

You really didnt write much to get her out of this hole other then a suicide attempt that may or may not have been planned, he would have to think about that fact.

Basically he was forced by finances and children to keep her.

I really liked it but needed more to justify the forgiveness.

Overall great job.

Danger09Danger09almost 4 years ago
I feel the guys shouldn't of interrupted

I feel the guys should've sat and waited to see what the wives were going to do. They will always have doubts. I've had girls night outs. It never occurred to us to dance with other guys. We danced with each other. If one wanted to leave, we all leave. One goes to the bathroom one of us would go with them. It was all about having fun and protecting each other. I didn't know girls night out meant other things until I started reading these stories. My husband always knew who was going, where we were going and when we'd be coming home. There's nothing wrong with girls night out--- unless you're a slut wife. I feel like the husband's all should've gave the wives enough rope to hang themselves. Now they'll have doubts at what was going to happen. The problem with stopping things before they get too far is, you are now stuck with doubts. You can't trust what the wives are saying cause their actions say otherwise. The one that had her panties off, I think she was going to bang him in his car. I have never once dressed like a whore or taken my panties off at a girls night out or any night unless it's for my husband. I wasn't even a mother then!. These wives acted like they were single. Using alcohol as in excuse to take off your panties over an alleged dare is kinda scary to me. If you can get so drunk and forget you have a husband and kids at home, you shouldn't be married or drinking. I have NEVER gotten that drunk. I just don't know how these guys would be able to trust these wives? I really wish the guys waited and see what happens. See, now I have doubts

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago

I've never seen your work before, but this was a far better than average LW story. Good characters, interesting storyline, different enough to keep it interesting. It was also fairly realistic (divorces seem to run in my family & my friend group. I've seen some crazy shit and this was very representative of some of that.)

Nice work.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 4 years ago

A believable story. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and it appears that Maggie is too influenced by her friends. That's pretty common. I think what saves the story is that Paul clearly points out her faulty thinking. Just after she comes home it is clear that she is still trying to justify parts of her thinking that got her into trouble. She is still defending JIll, i.e. the restraining order is wrong. She is taking Jill's explanation over her husband's. Having a close friend who is a sult is not good. She didn't get that. Stepping out on your husband to troll other men is not OK. Being angry with your husband because he doesn't want you to do bad things is not OK. She is not thinking for herself and upholding proper principles for a wife and mother. Paul points all this out at one point or another.

The question was, would counseling help her clear up her faulty thinking and gain a little maturity? According to the story, it did to her husband's satisfaction. Hopefully he made it crystal clear that a repeat of such behavior would NOT be tolerated. The story doesn't give us all the details so we have to give Paul credit for not being a dope. He wasn't throughout the story so that's believable. Jill has been ditched by the other 3.

I can accept a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I appreciate that

. . . .you did not get bogged down in the tears and anguish of therapy once the decisions had been reached. It stopped at a good point.

I appreciated this more for the lack oof the common tropes and the gray that life can be. We find our happiness in the moments.

Norman _Sands

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I wouldn't stay just for the kids

They can divorce and the kids will be just fine. She did cheat even if she didn't have intercourse. As someone else stated the trust was broken and she crossed the line when she planned this night and who knows how far she would have gone had he not intervened. All he knows now is that she will just be smarter and harder to catch next time. I mean if she was really a loving wife and mom a slut like Jill would not have been able to sway her just by stories of being a slut. What happens when she runs into a young handsome guy that sweet talks her? This loving wife planned an evening of being a slut but got caught.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Harddaysknight

SAHM,s club = Stay At Home Moms club.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago
Congrats on a great story...

I don't know... I don't think I could have stayed with her. Honestly, I don't think it'd be possible to completely restore what they had before "slut's night out": that kind of damage leaves scars. The kid's welfare carries a lot of weight, true, but still...

He had to know, like your readers know, that she was headed to that car for sex, regardless of what she says. Maybe now the stories where the husband watches to see how far she'll go, maybe those stories aren't so silly? A spouse needs to believe they can trust their mate.

Perhaps your story was a little too jarring. The wonderful loving wife suddenly turns into Shrewish McSlutpants, the husband forgives her, they do some counseling, a few months later they're walking in tall cotton, everything's hunky-dory again. A lot of out-of-character zigzags and, after the author's description of her behavior, you'll see why it's hard to swallow.

That said, everybody responds differently to a crisis, so, yeah, it's possible she went insane and he decided to stay with her when her brain woke back up. I liked the story and your writing, you get a 5 from me. Well done, I enjoyed it.

Next time though, maybe you could let us eavesdrop on the counseling, see and hear how she tried to look trustworthy again, stuff like that. It would help your readers believe a reconciliation was deserved.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistalmost 4 years ago
Good

The most accomplished storytelling I’ve seen here in some time. And I’m always happy to see a dramatic tale that doesn’t involve insecurity-driven ego kibbles (“uh, he’s a cop who everybody loves...and he was special forces...did I mention everybody loves him....boy, women sure are horny for him all the time...anyway everybody loves him....”). You crafted (mostly) very believable people dealing with their problems in (generally) believable ways. Well done.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Very good effort. 5*****

I thought the story very believable, sadly too believable. The ending seems about right in my mind. There are people who are overly influenced by others and forget their core values. I think they have the greatest regret when it's done. Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pretty good

Maggie was way over the line by her behavior before the event and during it. So, how could the author write: "Yeah, well she is right that it never went too far, but that's only because I stopped it." Then toward the end you have the husband remember all of the non-fucking over-the-line behavior. The inconsistency is a problem.

The husband later contradicts himself later by seeming to accept that she might not have been going to do what Kelly did. Of course, it's not credible at all that in her panty-less, inebriated, aroused condition that she would have kissed the cowboy goodnight (that's over the line, too) and not have gotten fucked (remember her sober threat as she left?).

I realize you tried to come up with different levels of infidelity. Robin was guilty of disrespect and aiding and abetting cheating, but didn't indulge and partly redeemed herself. Kelly was on the way to behaving like Jill and, I guess, was supposed to represent how the legal system forces bad outcomes. Jill was simply the over-the-top slut. Maggie was supposed to be the most ambiguous case.

I think the author realized that any rational man would see, rightly, that Maggie was going to be as slutty as Kelly and Jill (but not as overall crazy as Jill), so he had to resort to the "medical emergency" cliche to try to avoid having the situation look like a RAAC. I don't think it works. It would have been more interesting if working out the aftermath hadn't been short-circuited by an hoary LW cliche.

BTW, why do some authors think that family law can force child support through college? I don't know of a state that does because of the jurisdictional issues. 18 is the age of majority. No more "child"; no more child support. If there is an exception, I'd like to see it (If there is, I would suspect rotten states like NJ, NY, and CA).

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

I am writing this comment before reading the story

.

"I don't understand it. If you know she's going to cheat, and hasn't yet, why not stop it? "

Because if you have to stop it you'll nee know if she will be faithful, will you have to spend the rest of you life policing her behavior? If she wants to fuck around on you sooner or later she will find a way when your guard is down or you are distracted/ If she doesn't have the will power to say NO without her husband showing up every time to say no on her behalf is she worth it? A wife is supposed to be a partner, not a burden you have to monitor to make sure she wont stab you in the back

.

"If you know a line was crossed, why not pull her back to your side?"

Becuase the line was crossed

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 4 years ago
Thanks for the read !!!

Hope I make it passed the censorship poice, The problem I see with stopping her at the club is you will never know the truth . He should have waited ,Do I think she would have cheated YES . As far as I'm concerned she cheated when the planing started. She knew what was planed and went along with the plans. When she slapped him the marriage was over and how can she prove his phone number in her phone wasn't from screwing him before that night . I like a real reconnection but to many things don't add up .

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

pg3

Around dinner-time Dale called and after some small talk asked, "Paul, how about we bring over a couple of pizzas and see if we can't help you along to a resolution."

***Dale, sounds great, I've always wanted to fuck the shit out of Katja, once I'm done fucking over your marriage you can lead by example rather than empty words, sound like a plan?

.

.

I'd have stayed married for the girls, divorce the slut once they was in college, and cheated on her relentlessly

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Unbelievably good!

Well written, well crafted, like a good storyteller.

Too real at times. How you managed to create four different couples with differing stories is a testament to your storytelling. Wow!

Well done!

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 4 years ago
Refreshing

There are a lot of stories on here where the husband does not make it clear beforehand or does not try to stop it. This is more of what I would do, however, I would have already been in that parking lot when the messages of inappropriateness came in.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Complete story from start to finish. Do wonder how it would have ended had he waited ten minutes, and than approached the guys car.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Great and dramatic story.

I'm still a little amazed that Maggie lost her damn mind like that. It didn't occur to her at any point that treating her husband like shit and even slapping him was a great way to end her marriage and destroy her family?

Fine tale!

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 4 years ago
Thank you for this

I really dislike stories where hubby inconceivably just stands there in vapor lock or walks away. If you came home early and found an arsonist about to light the match, would you stand there and allow it so you'd know his intent? Allowing more physical crap you may not get past to happen seems a death wish for the relationship.

York1234York1234almost 4 years ago
Good story

yes, she made a mistake, influenced by her slut friend...but she showed her regret even attempting to take her life....Guess she deserve a second chance..

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 4 years ago

Well done. Easily the best story submitted in days. I liked the range of infidelities and their husbands reactions. Maggie showed her contrition and saved her marriage, but I sure wouldn’t give her a second indiscretion.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Great story! I believe the free flowing abuse of alcohol led to some poor decision making.

5

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 4 years ago
Interesting Story, However...

Not much depth or motivation to the characters. Maggie particularly seemed to be walking through the tale in a drug-induced haze. Would like to see a sequel with the main characters showing real passion regarding their decisions.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Awesome - 5 stars!

I love the conundrum: what would have happened if he hadn't interrupted his wife's walk with the other guy? She says she wasn't going to do anything sexual (he's right, she was already cheating, so she can't say she wasn't going to cheat) but she had already lied about their plans and what she was going to do. Paul will never know.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
A very good story

!!!!

hapmarriedhapmarriedalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyable

I lean toward stories of relatable people from everyday life, and you delivered. 5*. The behavior in the tale was extreme, but it sometimes is in real life. A writer owns the characters and situations, so I don’t understand critics who want a different turn. They can write their own, although I notice from biographies of commenters that some of the loudest don’t.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHEN THERE ARE....

children involved guys will stay with a wife who slipped. Why be a weekend daddy if the wife cleans up her act.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 4 years ago

@hapmarried (Enjoyable)

I agree with your comment.

Good story Bh76, thank you.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

a great read and well developed story... 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
OMG

Well that was a different take on the usual loving wives story, lol, l really liked it a lot, l had a thought about a different direction to what Bh76 had in mind at the beginning, now if it was me an l was a part of a similar group, when all of the wives announced their intentions to party without hubby's around, my thoughts would be,

"Why honey, that's a great idea" l reply to my wife. "Hey fellas lets round up all of the kids so they can have a sleepover with all of their grandparents in one house, then the girls can have their nightout at one place an us guys can have our nightout without the old ball n chain at another place so we can dirty dance with any of the available sluts an maybe even a cougar or two, lol, hell we can probably even get shit faced too, so we better organise an uber or two, so we don't get into too much trouble, trying to drive drunk, lol."

Then sit back n watch as the girls faces as they figure out what to do next as their plans spirals out of their control, lol, l would also like to invite any writer to come up with story around my brief paragraph, so come one, come all, l challenge anyone to write a story, l ya dare, that is if ya not a scaredy cat, lol, cheers from down under CGA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It's not over the top to require respect

"We're going out tomorrow night and that's it." tears it. No one person in a genuine relationship gets to make that statement. A real relationship requires respect and compromise.

And who da fuck wants to STOP being "a wife" for "a night?" (Or a husband, but in this case the assholes were female. You want to STOP being a spouse ? That can be arranged quite easily.

Realistic, perhaps, for the easily swayed. For the "led by the nose" crowd. But just, no. If I have to stage an intervention to gain the respect of my supposed "partner," just no. What happens to trust then ? Will you watch your "partner" for the rest of your life ?

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 4 years ago
As a life-long Chicagoan, I've played many a rounds of golf at Cantigny.

I smiled when I saw the course. Of course, Titleist makes a great set of clubs and Cantigny is a tough course so I assume you shoot in the low to mid-eighties. That's where I am.

As far as the story is concerned, I enjoyed it. I didn't really think you needed the suicide attempt to make the case for reconciliation, but it didn't hurt. I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A reasonable story with true life features

Men will go with the "cheaper to keep her" idea when small children are involved. Been there, done that. But at some point a man will need to either forgive and forget or plan and eventually move on. With the exception of Robin who really made the right choice before she crossed the line, I think most of these people will end up divorced. Good story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Job...

.... of portraying the trade offs and tensions of a situation where one spouse actively tries to prevent an impending “cheat”.

One huge weakness to Maggie’s assertions that she would not have followed thru on cheating is the simple fact that she was too drunk to engage any firm stop sign at any point. Her inebriation had already caused her to lie about her marital status; to take off her panties and give them to that guy; and then walk out with him to HIS car. Odds were that once in that car the guy would have succeed in getting her to allow him to take liberties with her pussy with his fingers, and probably to get her to jerk or suck him off. Yeah...maybe her conscience was telling her to “stop!”, but the booze had complete control of her actions by that time. Paul was 100% right to doubt that she would have stopped the carousel in that guy’s car.

Very good story and writing.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Great Story

I enjoy stories were the husband or husbands are proactive in stopping their wives from cheating. There are a few other really good stories like this on Lit that I've enjoyed in the past. Your story is very believable and real life. I'm usually a BTB type guy but having children really throws a wrench into it. I could see how each one of the marriages could continue or not in your story. Again thanks for a great loving wife story and I hope you'll do some more along this theme.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

5* Believable story. However, hubby should have had a post-nuptual which gives shared custody of kids and 65% of assets in the event of adultery. If she doesn't sign, then threaten to release video if she doesn't sign a divorce that gives him shared custody plus no alimony. The lying slut can get a job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Very Deep Story for LW, really well done

Very different approach to this niche of erotic stories, very believable and real. It earned the 5 I gave it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rubish

Domestic violence at its best. These women should flee the 5 guys all domineering control freaks. Ok to go on the grog and play golf boys but wives can’t go out. Total lack of trust. Small penis syndrome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Smelt the cum sucking cuckoldry by page 3

Sigh.

Such promise. Then brutally dashed. Hard to have any expectations when LE is flooded with cucks spreading their dogma. Even the commentators advocate keeping a straying wife, either citing a false pragmatism or supposed moral highground, when, in fact, its complete sacrifice of dignity, self respect, courtesy, trust and love. Everything that defines a person, their humanity, and what relationships are built out of, and on. And yet people advocate throwing them away for false arguments.

Was hoping author hadn't been supping from the cock cum fountain of cuckoldry, but alas, was not to be. His thirst was slacked thoroughly.

Thank for ruining an otherwise good story, author. Keep it up, soon you'll have your own following of yes-cuck-men and driven everyone else away, to live in your little bubble and echo chamber.

It makes me laugh when authors give a disclaimer about negative commentary being edited......heres a thought - if you're continually lambasted for the same issues, maybe you are indeed the problem. Try man up and take the criticism instead of pussying out and blaming everyone but yourself, akin to a child.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 4 years ago

GREAT STORY

I wouldn't change a thing. If she'd said to me "I might not come home tonight", I'd have replied, "If you're not home at a reasonable time, and in a reasonable state, then this won't be your home any more!"

But that's me, not your character, so forget it.

Thanks for the posting, we've had some poor stuff recently and this really made it all good again.

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 4 years ago
Bebop3

Good comment, it was bugging me to.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 4 years ago
A good story, but...

A good story, but I have a doubt if he won't ask himself all his life_ "What if I didn't have stopped her that night..."...4*

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

Back at the ambush meeting, one of the women said something about wanting to go out and "not be wives and moms". That one statement, to me, should have ended the debate to me.

The sentiment means they want to go out to a club, dance with men as if they were single. That means free to do anything they want without guilt. If they just wanted to go out dancing and have fun, they would still be doing it AS WIVES, meaning with respecting their vows. But no, they declared their intention to behave as if they had no vows at all.

If I heard my wife or one of her friends make that declaration, I would have been passed.

This story did a reasonable job of making the logical arguments against the desired outing, but I dont feel it went far enough. The behavior of Maggie to defend and rationalize the outing was not rational to me. She knew what they were doing was wrong.

Suicide seemed weird too. Her reaction fit more for a woman who cheated and knew it would come out. I enjoyed the story, but felt something was not as satisfying as I wanted it to be.

roneronealmost 4 years ago

real men will do anything for their kids

TXanyTXanyalmost 4 years ago
Interesting plot

I really enjoyed the brain teaser...what to do and what are the ramifications if you interrupt or prevent it from happening. I'm sure there has been another story with this plot line, but I don't remember it, and the further I read the more I came to understand how difficult the aftermath could be...you did a good job presenting the case. I thought the overdose was a little over the top, especially after that she still denied and failed to understand what her actions really said after coming home from the hospital. Loved the way you presented Jill...the more that was revealed the more we learned she was nuts. Anyway, don't want to nitpick. I thought the plot line was unique, well presented and I really enjoyed the story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

This is a powerful and well done story.

MToesMToesalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm....

I have no problem with drinking. Except, in this story, the men are drinking a lot. Mostly beer, but enough beer to be drunk and need help home. They have to take it to the golf course and complain that it is not enough for the whole 18 holes. The women were clearly wrong and the husband's actions prevented more damage. How is a wife so fragile to attempt suicide yet plan and act out a girls night out. Many wrongs here and men's are not addressed. If fact cheered. When a new guy arrives to the group, they are planning to corrupt him to there way of thinking. Is there a difference? Too many holes, all problems not addressed and yes, I am a guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Please get a proof reader!

There were a lot of typos through the story, some quite jarring and some making sentences hard to read.

An author with the number of stories you have I would have thought would know how to deal with dialogue. A few times I was confused as it took a moment to realise the new paragraph was still the same speaker.

It's simple all paragraphs in dialogue open with speech marks, but you only close the speech marks when they finish speaking, be it one word or a dozen paragraphs.

This is basic stuff that makes the story easier and more enjoyable to read.

As to the story, scream all you want but Mark was a cuckold, granted he wasn't willing, not a wimp he dealt with it as most would.

Given the situation before during and after I think you could take 10 men and in Paul's shoes would get 10 different reactions.

I think some was contrived, like tolerating being slapped, at that point I would have stopped her going out until she explained, even then the threat of not coming home would have got me threatening divorce and taking the kids... anything to get her head out of her arse.

Why play 18 holes when this is brewing, go to a cafe and discuss plans before getting home earlier than expected.

I am surprised Paul's lolyer didn't mention a post nuptial to cover him.

Many things done did not pass the husban test... can they get past that?

Staying for the kids in a broken marriage and a bitter relationship is often the worst thing for the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good take...

...on the girls night out thing. Enjoyable read. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

Rob5373Rob5373almost 4 years ago
Great story

Loved it but I’m a sucker for a good RAAC story When it’s deserved. Maggie was borderline. It could have gone either way. I feel certain she would’ve got into the guys car and had some type of sex with him. He already had her panties so she was wide open. Not sure I wouldn’t have made her sweat awhile longer. Maybe a separation til she got her head on straight And see if she wanted that life or to be married. Good story Well told. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A tremendous effort, . . .

but a really weak and awkward execution. Just a few points:

You have detail compulsion, but also detail imbalance. You seem to have a need to include details that add little or nothing to the story, and in several instances are distracting. But then you leave out critical details that you allude to, or that any rational person would have enhanced.

The wives were all joined at the hip since grade school? So they were all like sisters, who knew each others characters, personalities, histories, and fantasies. But later Maggie claims she didn't know Jill was a cheating whore, didn't know Jill could be a screaming harpy, believed Jill over Mark and her own husband about the causes of the restraining order?

Then the detail of the asshole being in her telephone contacts? And she claims he must have put his number in her phone without her knowledge? So its sketchy when and how he picks up and is messing with her phone when Maggie is not around, but how did the asshole get her password? And the huaband can see that Maggie has talked to all the other whores before he got her phone, so why didn't he ask her what they talked about? Remember you claim he can tell when she's lying. And she appears to lie when he asks about the asshole being in her telephone contacts, but he doesn't follow up with the obvious questions?

But then details about what beer he buys, who had their children in what order, and only 1 of them was a boy, exactly why he owes a $100 dollars and what it cost to play the course. What did any of that and similar details have to do with the story?

Then you tell us the girls are reminiscing about their pre-kid adventures, apparently in front of their husbands, but not one detail. We need to know the brands of beer, but not who and how often these wives were fucking before they got married? And then Maggie says

'it's about getting out and not being wives and mothers for a few hours," And that doesn't set off alarm bells? One way to forget those things for a few hours is to spend those few hours getting her brains fucked out, which it later looks like she was fully intending to do.

So many aspects of the interaction and the dialogue were puzzling in what they included, and equally puzzling in what was ignored and glossed over as insignificant. It makes the whole story feel incomplete yet containing many trivial details.

So I appreciate the effort. It was a great plot idea, I just wish you could have crafted the story with a more logic and coherence.

As to the epilogue, I can't be sure if Maggie is going to cheat again, commit suicide again, or eventually do both. But their marriage being back to normal is complete bullshit.

Again, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bh76 ....

Nice Cucky story .... hope you NEVER find a way out of your bedroom closet .... CUCK ASSHOLE .... PIECE OF SHIT .... LIMP DICK ASSHOLE!!!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
Maggie Went From Being A Complete Ditz To A Completely Horrible Mother

I'm assuming Maggie was in her late 20's or so. She is easily persuaded to go against her husband, then goes off getting felt up, from peer pressure (she says) she gives her panties to the guy, and then walks over to his car. Is she a junior high teenager ditz to be that stupid, or a grown woman with two children?

But there are a lot of stupid people out there, and someone has to marry them I guess. But what made me lose all respect for her is the suicide attempt. She has two young children, she is having some issues with her husband, and she tries to kill herself? On top of being that stupid, she is that selfish that she can do that to her children?

Do such stupid, unprincipled people with no character really exist out there? And if they do, is it worth writing and reading about them?

And she was definitely going to fuck or suck that dude in the parking lot. But, again, that is the lesser of her character flaws after the suicide attempt.

docbookdocbookalmost 4 years ago
Didn’t bother

No, I didn’t read it because I found the author’s premise stupid. Why should a husband have to “stop” his wife from cheating on her girl’s night out?

Whatever happened to vows, integrity, self control? If you have to prevent your spouse from cheating on you, your marriage is already doomed because you can’t watch her/him 24/7.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years ago
Yes this was powerful.

She clearly cheated on him. I also can't get the phrase: "If we didn't have children, then she'd already been kicked to the curb" out of my mind. Trouble lays ahead for him, just as it does for Damon, who Paul figures won't stay with Kelly once their children are gone. I think that same fate awaits Paul, she was going to get in that car and deep down, he knows it. Other evidence supports that conclusion: the guy's phone number in her contacts, the panties, and SHE'S walking HIM to HIS car? Get the fuck out.

Paul's love for his kids is forcing him to accept shit no man could stand, it will fester.

I'm giving this a good score for the inner debate that I was forced to wrestle with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liked it a lot!

5* Because it was interesting and had a good ending and decent sexual descriptons.

Have to agree on the need for better proofing. It was tough to follow in some places.

Also agree that the lawyer should have suggested a post-nup. It probably would've contributed to commitment from Mags and trust for Paul.

If course all these relationship suggestions from all the readers are for fictional constructs and not real people. Yet another reason it's a good story.

Thaks, Bh!

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Liked that

Good story Bh. I'm not much of a reconciliation fan but considering the whole tight knit family circumstances and two very young children (trust me it's an emotional nightmare to leave them), it's certainly worth a good try. Thank you for your work.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoalmost 4 years ago
An Interesting Story

This was an interesting story, but the answer to the author's question about pulling your wife back before (or perhaps just after) a line is crossed is actually quite simple and is very much illustrated in this story. If you see your wife doing something improprietous and you stop it before it goes further, she can feed you that "oh, nothing was gonna happen" bullshit like with Maggie and Paul (MC). In which case, you'll be left wondering what would've really happened if you let it continued. Or in a worse case, you'll be wondering if this will happen again if you're not paying attention. It's kinda like taking your wife back after she actually cheated on you. You'll live the rest of your marriage wondering, like Paul eventually realized. Whereas if you let it run its course, then you'll have your true answer on what would've really happen.

As for the story itself, the RAAC was written on the wall. It's digestible, I suppose. I defer back to the whole "should've let it run it course" thing, but honestly, any kind of future for the main couple could go either way. Also think that bitch Jill was a bit much for this story, but què sèra, sèra, I suppose.

Decent 4-star.

-JMFC

Flar1958Flar1958almost 4 years ago
Ok

Good read good plot, but... i am a little bit disapointed in the beginning you wanted to stop before something happens but she goes out and its the same like in nearly all stories. To stop such thing means before she lost her panties. And always a lot of drinking on bouth sites. It doesnt help to crawl in a bottle but every author writes this.

When she falls down on the parking lot is it on his mind maybe a drug is in play? Not only drunk. And the new guy shut smoke and drink ,why?

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Good story but seems to miss Maggie's mental instability

I gave the story a 5* because a 4* would be too low in the scheme of things. But story was inconsistent and I don't think captured the real issue of the Maggie personna. There was nothing in the story that explained why Maggie would dismiss her son or slap and tell her husband that she would not come home. This is not an action of a cheater, but the actions of someone mentally unstable. Attempting suicide is just another indicator of a serious mental problem, because she was jumping to fatal conclusions and was abandoning not just her husband, but her children. It could explain why Maggie was susceptible to Jill. I think that author missed the mental instability issue of his own story. This is why I am a bit uncertain a 5*, but gave the author the benefit of the doubt, because I thought that the outcome was well-thought through.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
It's your story...

...but it's not believable that his wife didn't intend to carry on that night.

If she had honourable intentions, she would not have sided with the other sluts when Robin, the only one to do the right thing, tried calling them out on their behavior.

Robin did the fast dances, no slow ones. Robin told them they were doing wrong. They all called her a pussy. Robin left.

Maggie stayed. Maggie dry jumped on the dance floor. Maggie gave up her panties. Maggie was wrapped around some swinging dick, heading to his car, a guy to which she had told that she was in the middle of divorce. A guy she had lied through her teeth to.

Even if she deluded herself that she wasn't going to cross a line, at that point, it was near impossible.

The lead-up to the night also spelt zero respect, and selfish intentions.

The only evidence on the other side of the ledger is the story she spun after the fact. A story that was unlikely, to put it mildly.

A suicide attempt is not serious if you do it within the reach of people who can bail you out. In that case, it becomes a sympathy ploy. Not saying that is what you wrote in this story, it's your story after all. What I am referring to, is real world conditions. Many people attempt suicide in the hope that they are 'saved'. Being saved is the main aim. It creates sympathy, and draws attention.

To me, that's what she was swinging for. A get-out-of-jail-free card to garner support and to distract the hubby from their main concerns.

In my book, that's even more of a concern than the original set of issues. It's a problem of immense proportion that she would play a game like this in an attempt to sway things in her favor, she's not above causing danger to life itself to get her way. She may be every bit as unbalanced as Jill... Just with a different agenda.

This is a RAAC, and an unsuccessful one to my mind.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I haven't read this yet, but I basically agree with JoeMoe, that if you "fight" for your marriage by stopping your wife before she cheats, then you never know if she WOULD have cheated if you didn't stop her. SHE must fight for the marriage by NOT cheating, better yet, by not putting herself in such a position that her husband has to worry about stopping her.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 4 years ago

Liked the way you developed the story with the deflections and the pace. The RACC was never apparent until the end. Well done and enjoyed it

Thanks

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Classic LW's tale of woe.

I liked it. Very well done. Looking forward to your next story author. Thanks for sharing your talented skills as a wordsmith.

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
With red flags like that, why?

You certainly paved a road with crappy intentions. That road will not go to heaven. The only wife in the bunch that had any morals, and wanted to stay true, was Robin. She was treated shabby in my books. She voted with her feet when she called her husband to pick her up. If that wasn't a wake up call to her cheating friends, I don't know what is.

The fact that Maggie was planning on cheating, remember the phone call. She disrespected her family, children and husband, weeks before. She was doing everything in her power to get fucked that night. All women have to say is yes, when a guy hits on them, that is their power. She even gave him her panties, thats not subtle, that more then an invitation. Then the suicide attempt, thats just a red flag she needs more help then a fuck will cure. Is she going to be a good mother, wife, person. I doubt it, I wouldn't let that disaster near my children. But this guy decides that everything will be ok after a few couples counseling. Thats like fixing a beheading with a bandaid. The only ones I feel sorry for are the children and Robin, the rest are just primed for bad decisions.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
Mr Brooks asked:

"I realize that LW world is different, why are so many readers opposed to GNOs in REAL life. Don't husbands go out with the "boys?" What about golfing or fishing outings?"

That's just it: in this story, the husbands had their boys' day out, playing golf.

But remember: in LW, most main character husbands are immensely loyal, hard-working, professional and overly trusting. They could be thrown into a room full of naked redheads and emerge untouched.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
Anony wrote:

"I wouldn't stay just for the kids: They can divorce and the kids will be just fine."

Really? In the divorce, the wife gets physical custody the vast majority of the time. Dad gets every other weekend and maybe two weeks in the summer.

The kids? They get two parents using them as weapons against the other, and then a step-father rearing them, while their real father is stuck, away from home, not bringing up his own children. Don't kid yourself into thinking that mom can't move away. Some move across the country, and some only a couple of towns away. A judge can, if he chooses, prohibit her from moving too far away, far enough away that the father cannot visit with a car ride, but just three towns away can be over 100 miles.

That is, if they even get a step father; if there's alimony involved, the wife can't remarry without losing it, so what the kids get is a succession of 'uncles,' mom's live-in boyfriends.

The kids will be just fine? Eventually, they will . . . but they'll be calling another man "Dad."

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Great GNOut tale. It covers the major stages of the phenomenon. Low end ... don’t mind drinking (up to a buzz) with the girls and fast dancing with strange guys. Lower Middle ,,, drink liberally, dirty dance, and decide, after buzzed, accompanying guy to parking lot with likelihood of dual orgasm but no screwing (yet). Upper middle ... same as LowMid, except go with the intent of all of that+ boffing. High end ... plan and convert friends to all of that - add a steady kickstand or two -bareback!

The question of how to ‘cut it off at the pass’ is a bitch. Generally acceptable - a Friday PM glass of wine or a beer with the colleagues for a hour or two, then home - and OK for hubbies to just can drop in. When it gets past that, or anything similar like gym or bowling club, it gets problematic. Negotiating limits and conditions (like composition of group, communication) is important. Maintaining those is crucial and limits will be tested. Several very thoughtful comments about character consistency and relevant vs irrelevant detail should be seriously considered by the author.

I would have (given I have the chance to consider it) replied to Maggie’s parting challenge with ‘When your GNO is over, return to your parents’ house. The locks will be changed here. I am calling your Dad as soon as you go out that door about how you just threatened this family. Your divorce papers will be served there sometime tomorrow!’

5*. several things coulda been better. Agree Jill was overplayed much more than needed. .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good effort

Interesting story, well written. A few inconsistencies but it didn’t stop me from reading it start to finish. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
i exected

That Jill was on drugs, that is why she would go wacko. But you did not bring that up. Then I expected the wife was on ecstasy, but you did not bring that in.

Just mental instability all around. In this country it seems weak, so many are self medicating.

4/5

rawallacerawallacealmost 4 years ago
Interesting Perspective

It's interesting that alcohol consumption plays such and important part- for both the women and men. The women use it to prepare themselves for having a good, wild time, and the men to ease their fears that their wives will cheat; potentially dulling their ability not only to deal with the situation with their wives, but also taking care of their children. For fathers that love and care for their children as much as is suggested it rings hollow. Mark was obviously clueless if she had been involved with other men and didn't know it; she certainly would have shown signs of dissatisfaction. I agree that Maggie was too susceptible to Jill's suggestions; given her previous track record during her marriage no real good rational is provided to explain her reckless behavior towards her children and husband. The story does illustrate that a single breach of trust can have horrible consequences for a marriage and one's self esteem afterwards.

The story had glitches in regards to needing a tighter edit and word-smithing. It was distracting for a story that was otherwise well written. Some of the swearing and sex was gratuitous and didn't add value to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Many men don't understand

Most wives, me included, periodically crave a hard fucking from someone other than the hubby. That's what a "girls night out" is all about. Live with it or get a divorce.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago
the aftermath

Nice approach to focus on the aftermath of the girls getting caught. You captured the conundrums faced by the husbands in trying to decide how to proceed. Was Maggie's pill swallowing a desperate strategic move to get back together with her husband?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow.

The volume of misogyny, entitlement and paternalism is pretty staggering. Reads like an MRA wet dream. Do you really fantasise about a woman ready to kill herself over you?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories