All Comments on 'When'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 249 Comments (Page 2)
Bo47Bo47over 7 years ago
Why?

Perhaps, because he got worn down, perhaps because he figured the pleasure would be worth the pain - some time in the far distant future, or perhaps he was jock enough to not pass up a dare. "Don't throw . . . because you fear tomorrow. "

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
I Don't Believe It!

They got married because of some stupid poetry? B.S.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Married A Girl Like Patty-Ann

We live in a small rural community. I was a virgin when I finished high school. My 'Patty-Ann' went to another school in the area. She barely passed, even after an additional year of school. But my 'Patty-Ann' had had sex with every boy in her graduating class (30+) For reasons that to this day are unfathomable for me to comprehend, she picked me as the one she wanted to marry. In fact, it was she, not I, who proposed. Shortly after our son was born, she left me for three weeks and had a renewed sexual relationship with at least two former boyfriends. Although she returned to me, it began a cycle until my son graduated high school and joined the service. 'Patty-Ann' wanted to maintain the appearance of a marriage with me and a fierce sexual relationship with a former lover. It surprised her when I was able to walk away. Nothing new in my life. No new women. I have remained celibate to this day (7 years!) Not by my choice. Just life taking control.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Feels unfinished

Definitely well writen and a fun read but the quick turnaround leaves me feeling for him. A sequel would help me get to 5.

Thanks for a fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Problem here is not his fear of tomorrow or the fact that the guy is a pussy.

The problem is that the dumb slut, WHILE THEY WHERE A COUPLE, slept with the whole world except him! Why would he want to marry her???!!! *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well, that was fun

Going through and giving all this piece of shit's stories a one. The second worst writer on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NFW!

She'll be cheating on him in no time at all...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Patty-Ann is not what we think she is.

Sure, she is wild and very experienced. That very fact makes her really appreciate what she has with Greg. I think that every boy she has been with knew she was a slut and only wanted her for one thing. None wanted her for a wife. She probably withheld sex from Greg purposely so he wouldn't just use her and leave like the others. She has seen the bad side of things now and it is not what she wants. She has found what she wants in Greg and as surprising as it may seem, she will probably be a good and faithful wife. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but Greg did! This writer is better than a lot of you philistines think. I see some real talent here and hope we get a second part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Deception and self deception

This whole story sets the hair on my arms sticking straight up! She is not faithful. She knows that and so does he. I can't tell what is greater, her self delusion that she truly loves him even when cheating on him or her convincing him that this is going to end well. And that's before I read the last paragraph. The potential for all sorts of bad things happening here are HUGE!

Thank you author. I'm off to read chapter 2.

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Loved this story of anxiety

I felt his resistance because I've been there but, fortunately, not as far as he went. Great writing. Thanks

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

He was right and should have run, I see failure all over this marriage... She has a wondering eye and eventually he will not be good enough. She is too hot and will succumb to future hot-jock type players in the schools, it's just time....

He had great insight buttttt eventually Hotty on a mission will wear him down. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nope

I wouldn't have married her. She is dating him for over a year and a half and is still dating other guys and having sex with them. She won't have sex with him until they marry? That would be a deal breaker for me...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

What complete garbage!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'll never understand

You seem like a mostly nice human being; with an unfortunate choice of mind regarding race relations. You're holding yourself back. Yes, the racists will flame me and support your separatist notions, but that doesn't change the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
At the edge

This is another well-written story by RG. He has a real gift of writing well. This is a cliff hanger. Maybe she does really love him because he appears to be bright, works hard at his life and has good judgment. Of course, love is a phenomenon that is difficult to explain and analyze. He is careful about his commitment for all the right reasons. Let's see what happens now that he capitulated.

Tiny Tim

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Danger! Danger!

Run away! Run away!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She will cheat on him again

She didn't offer him a valid explanation about her cheating. She just mesmerized him with her smile and some reassuring words. You portrayed a cake eater, not a girl who's in love with a man. So, as a romance story, you failed, because I didn't believe they were in love. Too many questions without answer, too many doubts. Actions speak louder than words. Nice touch the poem but a pre-nup would have been better.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 7 years ago
Always listing to those loud, 'red-alerts!" alarms...

Those alarms are your friends. They exists solely to protect you from your own, stupid dumbass.

Many men failed to listen to those sounds - most, because of their penises, but some, because of their hearts. Either way, they all ultimately learn they should have listen to their brains, which made those noisy bells ring louder and louder...

'Haven't even read "What?" yet, but I already know that Gregory Shelley will rue the day he stopped listening to those alarms... that's a sad guarantee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
am guessing

This is elitist's attempt at humour

This day and age expecting a girl to be virgin past 14 is almost delusional...

But when she is the all time campus punchboard, would be best to conclude the board is dead-gamblers will get metaphor.

Male or female no one would want to get married to someone when two dozen people wherever you go might come up to the spouse and reminisce about romps in the rack.

My wife was furious-almost divorce furious-for weeks when she was at MagicChef night at her sister's and a female I had known long before meeting my wife was introduced to her and ended up talking about how good I had been in the sack

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
This Works Fine As A Setup....

....To a cheating wife story, but I'm not feeling the romance. Patty-Ann talks a good game, but I'm not getting any strong "forsaking all others" vibes from her. Fuck half the jocks on campus, but hold out 'til your wedding night with the man you supposedly love? Even a crappy programmer knows "that doesn't compute!" ;-)

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
She's a cake eater

She wants to fuck whomever and whenever it suits her, but also wants to be with "the love of her life" and he is supposed to go along with her selfishness. He would be a fool if he doesn't run away as fast as he can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
racist????

Boy you liberal pc elitists are sensitive when you call one of your own racist. Pretty sure gerald's description of him as a tall black man who was point guard on basketball team was within your boundaries.

I am guessing when he added dumb jock is where you feel he crossed that your self-determined line.

If Greg were black and point guard was white and he called him dumb white jock would he still be racist. Of course story would have to have college scene at small land grant college in Indiana.

Wondering if the last sentence was also racist in your mind

Look at me defending rg

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

wimpy cuck shit.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE RENAISSANCE DAYS... THO LONG GONE

finds thru knowledge to open the lost arts, TK U MLJ LV NV

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
Why?

Why would you marry the campus slut who sleeps with everyone but you? She will literally sleep with every jock on campus except the person she claims she loves. That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkover 6 years ago
Call bullshit

1* his a wimp and she’s a slut, hate all her friends. Fuck em

Flar1958Flar1958over 6 years ago
You are wrong

EVERY collegeboy use the campus slut ,what a mean word, and fuck around a lot.

But the boys are big fish, i think they are male sluts, and a girl have to hide her past because all other are looking down on her. Especelly the boys how fucked her.

And these kids wants vergin. But she has to behave in bed like a slut. What is wrong with you? Take a girl you know and if she has experiance its only good for you. EVERYBODY can change from slut to loving wife and stay stride!

Excuse but english isnt my native language

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Leykis 101

As the almighty Tom Leykis states "Yea, verily, on the 20076 day, the lord said 'You can't turn a whore into a housewife"

Blessed be the word of our lord Tom Leykis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4 star for your writing and imagination

I don't judge writers by things that may not be what I might do.

"I'm not the kind of girl that you take home to meet your Mom. But I will give you a blowjob on the drive there."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
double standard argument

Many cry foul because a guy who has had sex with numerous females is stud while female bedding numerous males is a slut.

The fact is females CHOOSE AND DECIDE who gets between their legs. Guys merely accept the offer. Quite a difference between accepting many offers and making many offers.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 6 years ago
Typical of you

Women cheating and guys taking it. Awful story

rereadrereadalmost 6 years ago
So close to a story i could have loved

I love your writing style and truly enjoy your stories. I was certain that this was going to be a classic as the pretty girl finally doesn't get what she wants.

There is no trust, there can't be. If you had only had him stand his ground.

Alt. Ending.

"I do see that you really love me, now. I am happy that you now understand what love feels like instead of the lust you describe. But I can never feel comfortable that your candy store won't open up again in the future. You have helped me grow my confidence and now I have the skills and belief to go forward and find a beautiful women who wants me and only me. I will not settle for what the nerd should have. That's why I have accepted an entry level position with an IT firm in New York and I will be moving there after graduation."

"No please don't say that!" Patty-Ann yelled.

'I am thankful for the time we have spent together and I know Jason or any of the others you have been fucking would be happy to take my place as your husband. Unless that's the problem, are they not willing to be your cuckold?"

Patty-Ann shrank with that last comment, she was not used to hearing me talk like this or not getting her way.

I then opened the door and let her know I had to study for my final exam.

I was sad to see such a beautiful girl leave my life but I was looking forward to the beautiful woman that would take her place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
BEAUTIFULLY DONE REREAD....

He knows she spent a year fucking any jock who asked and shut him down. She intends to cuckold him at her earliest opportunity. The writer claims that Greg is smart. A smart guy would see what this skank is planning. Reread has just exactly what a smart guy would say and very realistic.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
COULD IT BE

Run-around-Patti

Cakes. unlike the leopard fooled nature and the poets, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Must admit

reread alt ending fits better with the story. I already read the second and I know what's going to happen, but to be honest I needed more than just a poem to take her back. He was right about her being the school slut. Girl's like her just don't change.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 6 years ago
That's why you always listen to that little voice in the back of your head

If a Slut won't do you but says she loves you then she is getting it from somewhere else. Only a fool walks into a trap that he knows is going to snap at him.

She is like that Scorpion riding across the river on the back of the dog and stings him, killing them both. When the dog asked why, the scorpion said it was in his nature. It is in this woman's nature to cheat, lie, and manipulate for her and only her, personal gain.

I don't even need to read the 2nd part to know how this is going to collapse lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@ double standard argument

That argument is the biggest line of absolute horseshit. It is exactly the same argument a third grader would use when caught doing something they know is wrong. If you wouldn't accept little Tina's argument that the goddamned Finklestein shit kid Jenny was also throwing rocks at cars driving down the road, why do you think it's fine to use the same argument some place else?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I think

If you did not have an ending, you should not have started this story. Or at least not put it out there until you had an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Richard

Always searching for that perfect cuckold is actually a real man rational.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

So he married the campus bicycle...nothing could go wrong. Could you write any more of a pussified male lead?

Joey_BloodJoey_Bloodover 5 years ago
Toxic

That girl is a pile of shit waiting to happen, i know because my best friend was ingaged to someone exactly like her. The best thing he ever did was to kick her ass out 2 weeks before the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I really liked the story

...but I'm scared to read the second part! Fingers crossed for a happy ending, here we go...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Dumbass

She literally fucks a dozen guys over the course of their relationship, he confronts her with this fact and she doesnt deny it

If she can be faithful to him at the very start of a relationship when emotions are the strongest, and he knows this why the hell is he going forward with it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
PASSION

With passion so great, death becomes her.....bill

5 for now and 5 for latter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
lol

Greg: "I am not dumb enough to marry you."

Narrator: "He was."

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
JB

My congratulations to your friend.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
He gets all the pain he deserves

Cuckold

Puts out for everyone but him get real

No real man would stick around after first time let alone continuing

Wait. He is masochist!

No or yes Cucky or masochist

USMC Fuck him and her

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death we fear no evil for we are the meanest mother fuckers in the valley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The other comments miss the point!

Her greatest sin was not that she fucked and sucked others. No, it was WHO she fucked and sucked. ATHLETES! Black athlete's! Let her and those like her go live with the OJ's! Let her get the shit kicked out of her and cheated on as payment for her chasing her dream of temporary glory. To think she wants to be a teacher! A TEACHER to corrupt generations if impressionable minds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
?????

Why do so many writers make the men look like idiots?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Please my love, don't throw our love away because you fear tomorrow," she said.

I'm not throwing 'our' love a way, I'm letting go of my love for you becuase you do not love me and never have

Becuase if you had loved me you wouldnt have refused to have sex with me for the entirety of our relationship while banging at least three other guys a week

Dumb ass shoulda dumped her the first time she spread her legs for someone else and just gone to a hooker

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Too bad

This story needs followup because he flat won't make her happy past 3 to 4 years.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
No way...

Train wreck ahead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Marriage may well be the worst of all tragedies. "

Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope, no way in fucking hell

she loves him? shes loved him since he read that poem in class nearly two years ago?

If she loves him so much why did she fuck (quick math here 18 months, 1 date a week) why did she fuck nearly 75 OTHER men all the while dating him and refusing him sex?

cucks get one star, functionally retarded morons would get zero but that isnt an option

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I can on;y repeat a comment I made a few years ago, that if she loved him, while fucking dozens of other guys, she could have fucked him right there and then to seal the deal, not make him wait for the wedding night.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Human worth

Patty-Ann's friend calls him worthless and assaults him. Well, if he really is worthless, why can't she leave him alone? Why should he want to marry someone simply because they fit into some beauty standard? Why would a person's status in the school pecking order determine their ability to as a spouse? And why doesn't he report her assault, or at least hit her back?

"Look what happens the minute she does not get what she wants."

This testament to Patty-Ann's immaturity and selfishness alone is reason enough to not marry her. She isn't ready. She needs to grow up.

She uses sex as a bargaining tool. Another red flag. If I was ever subjected to that kind of treatment, I would ask for a price list, so that I could determine if I wanted to buy sex from her, or if I could get a better deal with another prostitute. That should make my stance on that idiocy pretty clear. Luckily, no partner of mine has ever gone down that route.

"You have got to understand. I've always been a pretty girl, who was attracted to well-built men."

Clearly insinuating that she does not see him as a one of those well built men. Run! The signs of an abusive relationship are already here. No one should ever accept treatment like that.

Greg's instincts are right. She simply isn't marriage material, and his infatuation with her, because that is all it is, does not change that. It isn't a question of whether or not he can make her happy, but that he will not be happy with her.

They talk about love, but none of them seem to know what it means. This is a tragedy in full progress, and I am looking forward to chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You got to be kidding

A well know slut who puts out for others but denies you. And you marry her , she will cheat and make your life miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT.........

Started good then finished with absolute shit. This smart guy marries a slut that he had all the appropriate reasons to stay away from? Not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmm....

I wonder if he’s being played?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is a...

...senseless story. She is a woman of easy virtue and leads a lifestyle many steps removed from his. He seems to be motivated by her popularity, but it is partly based on her amorality. He'd be wise to run. Two stars

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Poor bastard

Almost made a clean getaway...almost.

peter944peter944almost 4 years ago
He was right when he said no

You know this only will end badly. When she dates ( and fucks) around while dating you (while putting you off) there is no way this will end up well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Reminds me

of an old joke. What's the difference between a slut and a bitch? A slut will fuck anybody. A bitch will fuck anybody but you.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryover 3 years ago
So

Does she start sleeping around the day of the wedding or shortly after her honeymoon?

texxmantexxmanover 3 years ago
Agree with others - stick with NO

He was right, she’s sleeping around and won’t even throw him a bone. Fuck that! I hope he has an ironclad prenup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I already know how this will end.... just like all your others. She will sleep around and he will accept it like a wimp....

I am beginning to wonder if the author lives the same lifestyle because this truly sick...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I Liked it until the End .. Who wants to be married to the Town Pump .. He Should have stuck to his guns and found someone faithful to Him and Only Him .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She decided I should marry her. She was 31 to my 30

It lasted 1962 to 2009, with neither of us having cheated that I know of. But now I am relatively happy, and it is too late for me. Greg should have stuck with his guns.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Am Giving this 5 stars mostly because of how original the idea is. Everything the main character used for his reasons to say no were legitimately realistic in a mature young man with intelligence. However like the character if I were faced with a cheerleader that could memorize and choose such eloquent poetry in her explanation of her reasons for loving me, I would have said yes too....That's not the kind of depth of soul one normally associates with a cheerleader.

Blueballs777Blueballs777about 3 years ago

Just you mentioning her has democratic had half ass RAAC like and favorated this story I Guess ....

bigurnbigurnabout 3 years ago

Why would anyone want to marry someone who has slept with a whole bunch of other guys, while "dating" you ? She is a selfish slut and will not change, just because she gets married... RUN !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a genuinely terrible story and you need to rethink your development of male characters.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I had the same problem in College . Difference being I am a CPA . So to Me this is believable ,

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 for this story.

I hate it for the simple fact that it plays upon the supposed relationship between a nerd and a cheerleader - which in reality NEVER happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You do realize that she was just another pretty girl looking for a guy with a bright future who would be able to support her lifestyle of cheating around on him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She still didn't explain herself, that if she felt their relationship so special from the start than why she continued to cheat on him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why is anyone surprised about a woman or girl jerking a guy around and messing with his heart and mind, they're trained by their mothers, etc... to do so from birth.👺

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

A very bright man overwhelmed by a very assertive woman used to messing with guys heads to satisfy her own wants and needs. We only need remember that LOVE is a four letter word. Good story, on to the next part.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Whatanidiot. Story summary:

"You're special"

"Yeah, but your pussy's too special for me. Bye"

The End

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poor dumb slup. Now he can look forward to playing daddy to a bunch of babies that have none of his DNA. LP

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Question

The question here is can a leopard change its spots?.

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

You set the table but cries out for a finish. His intincts are spot on, he should have just used her and then moved on.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

He should have run away as fast as he could. She will not change and will break his heart and talke over half if his shit. Sure am glad this is not rwal life😏

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

I look up and notice a continuation to this story...and my heart breaks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looking for the sequel to the bridge, that one got away from the emasculator and the man stayed strong in the end. No raising other mens children or futures with other mans sheathes.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
WHEN ONE SEES SMOKE BEFORE THE NUPTIALS

the wedding ring could be the. BIC lighter. TK U MLJ LV NV

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

foolish move to marry her. just a few years before restricted sex, working late, girls nights out, college girl friends weekend spa trips, trade him in for a more suitable man and take at least 1/2 his money

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another male character with no backbone, giving in by marrying the campus slut.

A cuck character by a cuck writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4 stars

i think both of them are right on their part and they both deserve better

the guy deserves a virgin girl as he himself is so that he can trust her

and the girl deserves a guy who actually respects her,is eager to marry her and trust her and does not humiliate her by calling campus slut in front of others

peace

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

had i been a nerdy guy

i would have gone for a shy nerdy prudish chick

married her banged her to unlimited orgasms until she and her body submits to and cant resist my cock

she would a secret sex slave in my bed but my prudish introvert forbidden princess to the worlds eye

just mine to fuck and love as much as i want till the worlds end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had high hopes for Greg sticking to his standards. Disappointed he married her. They have no future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Crazy story, He should have run away from her, he's headed for serious emotional turmoil and a lot of feminine manipulation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Where exactly is that beautiful love of waiting until marriage when she's fucking other people on the side? Not much wait there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
dude is

clearly challenged

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'd say it's decently written, but it's just.. depressing.

The moral feels like "if you're I secure, take whatever abuse you have to as long as it's for a pretty woman"

She cheats for like a year, while blue balling him and he just shrugs it off? Because he's a nerd?

It just felt like it was glorifying toxic traits because teenage romcom movies say it's okay as long as the toxic one is attractive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

THIS CUCK WRITER WRITES ABOUT WEAK WIMP MCs!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You said: Ok, not the usual love story but let me know what you think, and before you ask I don't as yet have a second part.

Ok, what i think is 'what a load of crap'. Jesus!

And if there is NO second part... thanx God!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You wrote well. A intelligent And shy nerd who has those contrary characteristics in excess.

He knows she is a slut But keeps dating her!

What intelligent person is going to do that unless she is sharing sex with him. Not happening.

So is he just a nerd or what?!

Wimp submissive masochist etc???

Accident waiting to happen.

No empathy for that kind of character from me But some must or so many authors wouldn't have MC like that. I keep hoping that storyline twists and they stand up as "The mouse that roared" So being a dumbass I give you a low score for good writing when My fault for keeping reading Won't do that in future. If dumb enough to read will either not vote or vote on story not My aversion to it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Do you get pegged at home? Asking for a friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice beginning, but would have preferred he hold out longer... more emotional drama all around..Too short, even as a first half.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous