All Comments on 'When'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 248 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Finish please.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

I was between three stars and four on this one. Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban23 days ago

It’s just a matter of time till she cheats. She’s been “run through” by a hundred dicks or more. She offer's her body to other men without hesitation, yet refuses the man she claims to love. That’s fucked up. I would have cut the cord much earlier. Dude is fucked! 4/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not reasonable that he so clearly sees Kelly for the shameless, narcissistic slit she is, tells her he won't marry her and yet doesn't take measures to cut her out of his life. He clearly sees the disaster waiting if he marries her yet does. This is the very dictionary definition of stupid. At this point I've lost interest in what happens to him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This one's just hanging waiting for a shoe to fall.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I think I dated Patty-Ann in grad school. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I didn't propose to her.

Crisis averted!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Had almost as much fun reading the comments as the story. I laughed so hard at the guy who said the author was female and written for wimps who get their peepee hard. I'm literally wiping tears from my eyes.

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

Sorry but he was right the first time. He should have run for the hills.

mfbridgesmfbridges4 months ago

I got a bad feeling about that "relationship?". She's gonna cheat within a few years, I just hope there's no kids.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well that was something I didn’t expect from them

I gave it a four because I was still waiting for the reality of the situation to come out

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have no clue why he ever married her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think his gut instinct was probably right on.

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

I have read this before and like our MC I've not had much experience with girls or women, even when I was much younger.

The story rings true though when you are introduced to a very attractive woman and you say why me? when you wind up in the sack. Well, you take what you can get when you're horny but of course you wind up paying for it, one way or the other. Our MC was intelligent and saw that but woman know there way into your soul and he didn't have much of a chance. I guess the sequel to this has been done so onward to his eventual tortuous downfall, I assume.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A few sayings, "it can ALWAYS get worse", "it's ALWAYS to good to be true", "there is no bottom", unfortunately, women are man's joy and curse. People (male or female) who practice all that annoying, irritating trickery (sexual or emotional) deserve to loose.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was a complete piece of crap that I wasted 10 minutes on. Writen by a woman for for wimps who get their peepee's hard 5hinking about big jocks fuck8ng their women

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I don’t think the comments have this story exactly right. This is a long drawn out version of Dirty Harry’s classic line “Are you feeling lucky, punk?”

I mean, Patti-Ann’s motives for marriage are either opaquely romantic or transparently self-serving. Her continuing to date and copulate kinda makes it lean to the latter. Maybe she’s intrigued by him because he’s exactly what she’s never had: a nerdy guy who is emotionally withdrawn from her. Is it something she needs to have *because* he’s reluctant? Possibly.

What’s going on in Gregory’s head is a bit more complicated. Pretty clearly, he knows he’s over his head and set up for failure. But… remember, many people do things that they *know* is not a good idea. Her relentless pursuit of him and duplicitous tricks are probably a bit flattering. This person is actively trying to trick you into doing something you actively want. Like all normal people, he’s justifiably suspicious. It’s too good to be true. But, what if it isn’t? I mean, it totally is, but is there a chance that it’s possible?

Will it be a good marriage? Likely, no. Based on his track record, he has a foot out of the door already. Her past probably will repeat itself (or at least rhyme). So the marriage indicates that he did feel lucky. He ran the risk-reward analysis and tossed the dice. How does it end? It’s an RG specialty: Schrödinger’s marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good writer..but totally fucked up in the head. I can guess what your growing up must have been to turn u into what u r now!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Contradiction killed this one,but no surprise,its in line with what most of your MCs are like in your stories...You had him go against his beliefs, morals and integrity as you presented him throughout this tale..you really are messed up with reality as to mens reactions..other than that,again you wrote well.....Suggestion: get away from where you live.Move to where your influenced by normal realistic men.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You just can't help yourself can you? You write well and almost made it with this one, but you fell at the last fence, literally

JimQ2JimQ210 months ago

BTDT! Been there, Done that! As an accounting nerd I married one of the "Beautiful people" during my junior year. 5 years later she started dating. I said, "Bye!!" Took 2 years for divorce to clear. I have now been married 48 years to my second wife. A gal I met the evening it became final.

RimmerdalRimmerdal10 months ago

Nope. Doomed to fail.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written but a complete betrayal of our mc's character. He said he didn't want to marry a slut and his reasoning was sound. He's a smart husband so the story was great till the very end then it failed miserably. I don't even understand his motivation for enduring her humiliating behavior, fucking anyone who's athletically gifted, while shutting him down for 2 years. No, sorry, this piece just doesn't work in a real sense.

WoodencavWoodencav11 months ago

I can’t believe he married her. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny11 months ago

This is well written but this fictional man is in for a lot of fictional pain. What would possess a woman to sleep with all these jocks, then not sleep with her boyfriend for 2 years at the exact same time, but then expect him to marry her? That is purely narcissistic . He was 1000% right to mitigate his pain now rather than when they have a Rugrat and he is trapped in a financial dungeon. She will always crave Alpha type douchebags, it's who she is, she admitted it to him. As much as she wants to love him, her libido will assassinate their love.

vicelordvicelord11 months ago

This is a fascinating role-reversal story. We're so used to the guy sowing his wild oats and then winning over the virginal young woman with a love poem and a promise of fidelity that we get offended when it's the other way around.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Why would he marry the slut, why would he even date her if she’s putting out for others but not him, far more likely she would have a slap to the chops, hopefully hard

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I would've never married her. Dating (and sleeping with) others at the same time as she dated him? Sounds like she settling for him because he has good job prospects, not because she really loves him. She would stay with him long to get a couple of kids before draining him dry in a divorce.

tomol111tomol111about 1 year ago

Well written but I had faith that greg had the common sense to stay single, considering the manipulation of this bitch. He knew deep down that this marriage was doomed, but he secumbed anyway. We readers deserve more…3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
yea

agree with that other comment. author is just a troll. nothing worthwhile here.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

RG is the master at tweaking readers. And the comments are the gift that keeps on giving.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

No more. It doesn't take much to only do naturalistic endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would love to see a sequel to this with your take on it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

A fool to say Yes because he knows Patti Ann will break his heart, bank account, and the 2 children she just "Has to have."

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

Please no Part 2

The objective vs. the subjective. The rational: based on observed behavior this can't work, vs. the irrational: love conquers all. The past doesn't predict the future. Unfortunately, the rational too often gets it right. Probably because the irrational person rarely demonstrates objective thinking while the rational person is cursed with emotions and can never prove before the fact that the irrational is doomed to failure.

A part 2 where they live happily everafter would satisfy the sentimentalist. But the likely outcome would be that Patty Ann is still Patty Ann. In that case Greg will be correct and devastated.

But the saddest part of this story is that Greg will give in, but never be fully committed to the marriage because the rational part of him will always be waiting and watching for "the change". His attitude will be just as destructive to the marriage as Patty Ann's belief that she will magically be transformed into a monogamous loving spouse and mother by saying the words "I do".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Patty Ann is an odds on certainty to cheat on him down the line. Beautiful women feel entitled to constant adoration and, in a marriage, that external rush they experience from a suitor is never going to be there. They have to have the rush of external adoration to feel they still can attract a man. This girl was one such.

Oh, if that girl had hit me she would felt the return payment. Women are NEVER entitled to hit a man except in self defense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
𝐋𝐎𝐋

She would have sex with other guys but not with him 'cause dude was SPECIAL!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stories are about character development. I don't know that we saw all of the development in Patty-Ann, but it is perhaps not unreasonable to posit at that age. Can poetry influence a wild spirit? Perhaps.

This story, like many other good stories, gives the reader a different perspective and set of circumstances to consider. We can hope for the best for this couple. Will Patty-Ann find love with her husband, their children, and the children she teaches and loves every day?

-jog

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So gross.

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

I liked this a lot. But as to why you don't have a second part, I can only ask "why the fuck not"?💋

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I sort of like this, it has a lot of potential but for me it just seems to be missing something

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well... the village idiot will deserve every consequence he will receive from his slut who everyone, with a wit of common sense, knows will never be faithful... might as well start looking for a PI and divorce attorney and have them ready on retainer... unless he's willing to become a compliant cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a fucking moron this man is.

First of all for letting himself get into this so deep in the first place. When she went out with some football player on Friday night and fuckrd him all night. Then he took her out on Saturdat night? Why the hell would he? Tell her "no. I don't wanna get leftovers from every jock in college."

Then he's a bigger moron for falling for the poetry shit she was slinging around his dorm room.

Why the fuck would he believe her? She's She's slut. And her friends even know she's a slut. They can't even defend her except get upset that he dares vocalize it to their face.

The wrestler friend realizes it and at least gives him some respect for not accepting the future of being a cuckold.

Then he married her anyway. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I still think she is a cheater and will break his heart

4/5

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

He’s stupid if he’s not keeping a close eye on her.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Campus slut falls for 18 century romantic poetry recitation. This is like when people fall in love with falling in love. Since this feeling is just a skin deep so this story needs to be finished.

Trials and tribulations of real life are the only way to see if there is a love. Americans, in particular, use "I love you" almost like a greeting, it is so worn out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write well of angst, hard not to feel it.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

Great story even if in the last 20 lines he seemed to lose his freaking mind WTF would he ever trust the skank

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice beginning, but would have preferred he hold out longer... more emotional drama all around..Too short, even as a first half.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Do you get pegged at home? Asking for a friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You wrote well. A intelligent And shy nerd who has those contrary characteristics in excess.

He knows she is a slut But keeps dating her!

What intelligent person is going to do that unless she is sharing sex with him. Not happening.

So is he just a nerd or what?!

Wimp submissive masochist etc???

Accident waiting to happen.

No empathy for that kind of character from me But some must or so many authors wouldn't have MC like that. I keep hoping that storyline twists and they stand up as "The mouse that roared" So being a dumbass I give you a low score for good writing when My fault for keeping reading Won't do that in future. If dumb enough to read will either not vote or vote on story not My aversion to it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You said: Ok, not the usual love story but let me know what you think, and before you ask I don't as yet have a second part.

Ok, what i think is 'what a load of crap'. Jesus!

And if there is NO second part... thanx God!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

THIS CUCK WRITER WRITES ABOUT WEAK WIMP MCs!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'd say it's decently written, but it's just.. depressing.

The moral feels like "if you're I secure, take whatever abuse you have to as long as it's for a pretty woman"

She cheats for like a year, while blue balling him and he just shrugs it off? Because he's a nerd?

It just felt like it was glorifying toxic traits because teenage romcom movies say it's okay as long as the toxic one is attractive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
dude is

clearly challenged

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Where exactly is that beautiful love of waiting until marriage when she's fucking other people on the side? Not much wait there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Crazy story, He should have run away from her, he's headed for serious emotional turmoil and a lot of feminine manipulation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had high hopes for Greg sticking to his standards. Disappointed he married her. They have no future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

had i been a nerdy guy

i would have gone for a shy nerdy prudish chick

married her banged her to unlimited orgasms until she and her body submits to and cant resist my cock

she would a secret sex slave in my bed but my prudish introvert forbidden princess to the worlds eye

just mine to fuck and love as much as i want till the worlds end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4 stars

i think both of them are right on their part and they both deserve better

the guy deserves a virgin girl as he himself is so that he can trust her

and the girl deserves a guy who actually respects her,is eager to marry her and trust her and does not humiliate her by calling campus slut in front of others

peace

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another male character with no backbone, giving in by marrying the campus slut.

A cuck character by a cuck writer

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

foolish move to marry her. just a few years before restricted sex, working late, girls nights out, college girl friends weekend spa trips, trade him in for a more suitable man and take at least 1/2 his money

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
WHEN ONE SEES SMOKE BEFORE THE NUPTIALS

the wedding ring could be the. BIC lighter. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looking for the sequel to the bridge, that one got away from the emasculator and the man stayed strong in the end. No raising other mens children or futures with other mans sheathes.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

I look up and notice a continuation to this story...and my heart breaks.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

He should have run away as fast as he could. She will not change and will break his heart and talke over half if his shit. Sure am glad this is not rwal life😏

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

You set the table but cries out for a finish. His intincts are spot on, he should have just used her and then moved on.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Question

The question here is can a leopard change its spots?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poor dumb slup. Now he can look forward to playing daddy to a bunch of babies that have none of his DNA. LP

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Whatanidiot. Story summary:

"You're special"

"Yeah, but your pussy's too special for me. Bye"

The End

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

A very bright man overwhelmed by a very assertive woman used to messing with guys heads to satisfy her own wants and needs. We only need remember that LOVE is a four letter word. Good story, on to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why is anyone surprised about a woman or girl jerking a guy around and messing with his heart and mind, they're trained by their mothers, etc... to do so from birth.👺

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She still didn't explain herself, that if she felt their relationship so special from the start than why she continued to cheat on him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You do realize that she was just another pretty girl looking for a guy with a bright future who would be able to support her lifestyle of cheating around on him?

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 for this story.

I hate it for the simple fact that it plays upon the supposed relationship between a nerd and a cheerleader - which in reality NEVER happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I had the same problem in College . Difference being I am a CPA . So to Me this is believable ,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a genuinely terrible story and you need to rethink your development of male characters.

1*

bigurnbigurnabout 3 years ago

Why would anyone want to marry someone who has slept with a whole bunch of other guys, while "dating" you ? She is a selfish slut and will not change, just because she gets married... RUN !

Blueballs777Blueballs777about 3 years ago

Just you mentioning her has democratic had half ass RAAC like and favorated this story I Guess ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Am Giving this 5 stars mostly because of how original the idea is. Everything the main character used for his reasons to say no were legitimately realistic in a mature young man with intelligence. However like the character if I were faced with a cheerleader that could memorize and choose such eloquent poetry in her explanation of her reasons for loving me, I would have said yes too....That's not the kind of depth of soul one normally associates with a cheerleader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She decided I should marry her. She was 31 to my 30

It lasted 1962 to 2009, with neither of us having cheated that I know of. But now I am relatively happy, and it is too late for me. Greg should have stuck with his guns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I Liked it until the End .. Who wants to be married to the Town Pump .. He Should have stuck to his guns and found someone faithful to Him and Only Him .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I already know how this will end.... just like all your others. She will sleep around and he will accept it like a wimp....

I am beginning to wonder if the author lives the same lifestyle because this truly sick...

texxmantexxmanover 3 years ago
Agree with others - stick with NO

He was right, she’s sleeping around and won’t even throw him a bone. Fuck that! I hope he has an ironclad prenup.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryover 3 years ago
So

Does she start sleeping around the day of the wedding or shortly after her honeymoon?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Reminds me

of an old joke. What's the difference between a slut and a bitch? A slut will fuck anybody. A bitch will fuck anybody but you.

peter944peter944almost 4 years ago
He was right when he said no

You know this only will end badly. When she dates ( and fucks) around while dating you (while putting you off) there is no way this will end up well.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Poor bastard

Almost made a clean getaway...almost.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is a...

...senseless story. She is a woman of easy virtue and leads a lifestyle many steps removed from his. He seems to be motivated by her popularity, but it is partly based on her amorality. He'd be wise to run. Two stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmm....

I wonder if he’s being played?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT.........

Started good then finished with absolute shit. This smart guy marries a slut that he had all the appropriate reasons to stay away from? Not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You got to be kidding

A well know slut who puts out for others but denies you. And you marry her , she will cheat and make your life miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Human worth

Patty-Ann's friend calls him worthless and assaults him. Well, if he really is worthless, why can't she leave him alone? Why should he want to marry someone simply because they fit into some beauty standard? Why would a person's status in the school pecking order determine their ability to as a spouse? And why doesn't he report her assault, or at least hit her back?

"Look what happens the minute she does not get what she wants."

This testament to Patty-Ann's immaturity and selfishness alone is reason enough to not marry her. She isn't ready. She needs to grow up.

She uses sex as a bargaining tool. Another red flag. If I was ever subjected to that kind of treatment, I would ask for a price list, so that I could determine if I wanted to buy sex from her, or if I could get a better deal with another prostitute. That should make my stance on that idiocy pretty clear. Luckily, no partner of mine has ever gone down that route.

"You have got to understand. I've always been a pretty girl, who was attracted to well-built men."

Clearly insinuating that she does not see him as a one of those well built men. Run! The signs of an abusive relationship are already here. No one should ever accept treatment like that.

Greg's instincts are right. She simply isn't marriage material, and his infatuation with her, because that is all it is, does not change that. It isn't a question of whether or not he can make her happy, but that he will not be happy with her.

They talk about love, but none of them seem to know what it means. This is a tragedy in full progress, and I am looking forward to chapter 2!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I can on;y repeat a comment I made a few years ago, that if she loved him, while fucking dozens of other guys, she could have fucked him right there and then to seal the deal, not make him wait for the wedding night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope, no way in fucking hell

she loves him? shes loved him since he read that poem in class nearly two years ago?

If she loves him so much why did she fuck (quick math here 18 months, 1 date a week) why did she fuck nearly 75 OTHER men all the while dating him and refusing him sex?

cucks get one star, functionally retarded morons would get zero but that isnt an option

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Marriage may well be the worst of all tragedies. "

Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
No way...

Train wreck ahead.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Too bad

This story needs followup because he flat won't make her happy past 3 to 4 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Please my love, don't throw our love away because you fear tomorrow," she said.

I'm not throwing 'our' love a way, I'm letting go of my love for you becuase you do not love me and never have

Becuase if you had loved me you wouldnt have refused to have sex with me for the entirety of our relationship while banging at least three other guys a week

Dumb ass shoulda dumped her the first time she spread her legs for someone else and just gone to a hooker

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
?????

Why do so many writers make the men look like idiots?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous