All Comments on 'When God Closes a Door'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments (Page 2)
NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 2 years ago

Well-written, but Jacob walked away without serious consequence as hoped. 5 nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not really original but a nice read.

Bill S.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Well written. Liked how he did well even if he did not actually get full on revenge. But he found happiness that’s what counts. The bitch gets the husband a cheater deserves 🥴

John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He got the best revenge of all - got away with beating the hell out of him AND more happiness than he had ever had. Great tale, second time through!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That fucken Jacob lost again

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Read it again. I do like a happy ending! One thing - I think the time line is off. Married 7 years plus maybe 2 years between divorce and marriage, but the daughter that started it all is in 2nd grade? Did I miss something?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Seems like there should been a suit for violating a company morals clause.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wonder who the father is of Carol's second child it would serve the Asshole right if he had to pay child support for another man's child when Carol finally leaves him after he uses his job a year down the road

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Fan-Fuckin-Tastic!

11/10!!!!!

40fathoms40fathomsabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. Easy plot to follow a proper reference to revenge and BTB..Well done and thanks for the read

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

I loved it thank you. I loved the two main charactors, especially Kimberly. A wonderful friend and better wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wondering if Carol dumped her husband sooner than expected and got all types of money from him due to his adultery. One of the best stories I’ve read on this site. Well written and told. 5 stars. — Bob

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The story ended with Michael and Kimberly getting their happily ever after and Carol and Jacob got each other which in fact was a miserable marriage, just wat they deserved. 5/5

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Not sure anyone could forgive the ex even if he found a new love, if they were in his shoes and experienced what happened...

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

4 stars and one of very few stories with violence that got more than ZERO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kimberly was a gem and Michael had the joy of polishing her into a raving beauty. Carol and Jacob really got what they deserved - a marriage laced with cheating! Thank you for a great story. It was really good that Jacob got the living daylight kicked out of him. It happens too infrequently in these stories. 5+*s.

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

Just another repeat of a repeat of a repeat, same story as hundreds of others, just different names.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Realistic. Life seems complex, but then one day when the feces hits the fan, you realize that before you just THOUGHT it was crazy. People adapt and overcome on the path to seeking peace of mind. Stoney wrote such a story. 5+++++++++++/5!!!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A life well lived is the best revenge, it has been said many times. Another good story the second time around.

No BTB and miracle marriage recovery. Keep up the good work.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"I was still in love with Carol," - How can he still love her? He should be wishing a miscarriage and Jacob cheating on her!

\

"But when I discovered that I was pregnant with Jacob's child, I knew we were through." - It wasn't the break-up, it was the cheating that led to it. And why wasn't she using birth control while cheating?

\

"I never even considered how much it would hurt you." - That's such bull crap! How could she not? Let's not forget that he had already warned her about Jacob before she even started up with him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What is this bullshit, "You don't own me. I can do what I want with my body."?!!! This comes up quite often in LW stories when the cheating wife is caught; so if that's the contention, why get married?! Will any man (except a wimp), marry a woman with that attitude?! If that is her belief, she should be totally up front about it, BEFORE the marriage. In this story, how could Michael still love her, after her total disrespect and betrayal. Makes him look bad. Good story though and well told. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have a tough time swallowing that a childhood vendetta leads to the villain impregnating and marrying his rival's wife. Maybe an affair and some photos to blow up the marriage. Though despicable is it really worth the effort. Doubtful he gave a damn about Carol. MC should have been adamant about he and his wife quitting Zabba and moving out of town. Period. Or at he very least start using a PI from early on so he wasn't blindsided.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok story, but no real payback on Jacob.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

I'm glad it worked out for Michael and Kimberly. They're better off where they are. I guess revenge is living better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

3 for now. Maybe 2 more when I read the rest if it.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Kimberley is a delight - a loyal friend who becomes a true loving wife, fun and cute to boot. He got all the revenge he needs.

moultonknobmoultonknobover 1 year ago

For someone who supposedly runs the whole department he seems as thick as shit, with him running it I'm surprised it's still in business.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Ummmm is it just me or is this lame as shit but hey the guy was about as gullible and stupid as an old brick so whatever.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Not a big fan of stoney but this wasn’t too bad.

xhristianj it’s just you mate, have read with some amusement the comments you post, the word bigot spring’s readily to mind (amongst others).

nawtdognawtdogover 1 year ago

Just a worker bee, that runs a department??? The antagonist runs a tight ship, I guess except for the 4 men he hired, and wanted rehired...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Michal certainly didn’t use his smarts when he should have expected his wife was at risk. Almost a willing cuck.

Bill S.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Icily done. Thank

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

What is with the women and their threats to "cut your 'you know what' off" ? Do men also threaten about raping or cutting breasts off casually like this? Is it some cultural thing in the West?? Or was writer showing that Kimberly is a nutjob as well?

AzuraDelacroixAzuraDelacroixover 1 year ago

cliche story

no satisfying revenge for jacob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FaithfulToWife's comment brought back an interesting memory to me. When the infamous 'Bobbitt' story broke back in the nineties, I was working with a divorced mother of three. We got on well so when 'Bobbitt' came into our conversation I was rather surprised to learn that she not only approved of Mrs Bobbitt's actions but also believed that all cheating men should meet the same fate. I thought for a moment then asked her "What about cheating women? What part of their bodies should be surgically removed?" She blustered for a while then declared that women don't cheat. "So who are all these men cheating with?" I asked. I can't remember the outcome of this exchange but I do remember thinking there was something off about it. But that's the world we've been living in for the last few decades; ALL women can do no wrong and ALL men can do no right. Sucks to be us, huh?

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

That last comment is the best revenge he could have gotten.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

It was OK, -ish, if a little weak on originality, but quite strong with the clichés! The language was very good, and it was very well-written, I thought. To me, the ending seemed a bit week, but perhaps that may be just because of the cultural divide, as I am NOT a resident of the U.S.A, but am an "Old Worlder" from the other side of the ditch, and do appreciate that there are many varying distortions of meanings and spellings, just as there are with other English-speaking countries throughout the World. So we learn to be just as patient, & tolerant as we can be, after all, much of it is a rich source of humour, and yes, we do realise that there still remains an awful lot of fervent anti-English feeling around the World for us because of the anti-social behaviour of several of our former Leaders, and almost all of our more recent ones! But all that I will say in return is an old quote "People who live in Glass Houses should NOT throw stones!"

So, - "now have a good day, Y'all"!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For Gods sake MOST of you LW stop using this trope:

"I was still in love with Carol, and therefore, I was damaged goods. It was somewhat "

No man would feel that after what Carol did to him;ESPECIALLY after the hatred he had for her.

This kind of nonsense is an insult to your readers and cripples your story. Shopping this trope nonsense would advance the quality of your stories.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

I think that no matter what the prior relationship, her treatment of him would have killed any love. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any one who has the word “ cub” in their name, can’t be trusted. 5 stars, for such a great tale of cheating and revenge, in a classy way. And “ go White Sox!”

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every time I read the comments on LV I think less of myself for even being on the site. I swear if there is a dumber cohort of insecure nut jobs anywhere I haven’t seen or experienced them. Lots of “get a lifers” here.

Keep writing. We played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author loves turning the other cheek……forget it,,,,,,if possible do everything in your power to BURN THEM ALL IN HELL. Trust me you’ll feel much better as they fry. R. H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another 5 Must read for all the usual quality reasons.

Just note: Every time I read the comments on LV I think less of myself for even being on the site." Anon.

What a brilliant answer to people like "For Gods sake MOST of you LW stop using this trope:"

The man not feeling he was worthy of Kimberly would not be unusual since he felt somehow he failed.

After over 50 years as a counselor I have see too much low self-esteem, because someone close has crushed them.

Support the good authors like StoneyWebb who is in touch with real people living real lives.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

nawtdog brought up a good point. Jacubby hired 4 frat boys, who were “ useless eaters” and a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. At the very least, if he ran a “ tight ship”, he never would have stopped them being shown the door.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Betrayals like this story, particularly with leaving due to an affair pregnancy, are about as devastating to a spouse as humanly possible. That someone could deliberately and calculatedly devastate a spouse who put their ultimate trust in them is incredible if not so true. Stoneywebb's stories are sometimes a bit fantastical but capture this circumstance well. I think one of Dante Alighieri's levels of Hell was reserved for such adulterers. Before I met my second wife, I 'knew' a very pretty and charming divorcee for a short time until I found out about her cheating like that from acquaintances. The doubts about 'once a cheater' come into play more than you think to people dating for another spouse. Deservedly so. That divorcee was upset when I had a 'talk' with her about breaking up. The irony is that many of such Exs don't fully feel remorse until something like this happens. Some never learn, and I wonder if its a genetic propensity.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Again, this is one really good story about moving on and winning the war.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, I don't know why people don't realise you can't make someone love you, if they dump you for someone else, in any circumstances you just have to deal with it the way that suits you best, this may be passive acceptance or buying a gun, once you are dumped, you are the most important thing in your life, do whatever is best for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It suck! What killed it even more you put religion in to this.Micheal turned out to be 1 dumb guy,you let Jacob follow you through to little,high school an college.You didn't think 🤔 of future tense that he would fuck up your life,marriage an prego your wife. My image of this character is this! He's a 🐝 a low level sigma,any man that are in this level get fucked over.A tiger wasp is a alpha them type of men take no shit.Crossing men like these they seal their emotion and plan all out revenge to destroy,wreck havoc an scar the cheats for life.It's a nice soap story but! To me and other readers we wanted these cheat to be given scorch 🌍. That's the way I an other wants it.But! It's your story we can only hope that you right a loving wife stories with ausome consequences bye!

Norseman123Norseman12312 months ago

Simular to my own life story 5*****

reggmoreggmo11 months ago

Can't figure out the ending, "That fucking Michael won again."

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

reggmo,

Really??

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

@Anonymous Re: Lawsuit and morals clauses - I know it's common practice in LW, but in reality those kinds of morals clauses simply don't exist, and even if they did, third parties wouldn't have standing to sue.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"Then I left Sandy sobbing in the cafeteria." - Why the fuck is she sobbing? She's going steady with the MC, yet accepts a date with Jacob, the Prom no less, she should expect a break-up, and that's even assuming she doesn't know about the rivalry, which is unlikely.

\

"no one would take a chance on me with a felony conviction hanging over my head" - With his work record, I would think that an explanation of the felony charge could carry some weight.

\

"But when I discovered that I was pregnant with Jacob's child, I knew we were through." - She shouldn't even have been seeing, let alone fucking, Jacob, especially after Michael had warned her about him.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The way you described Kimberley kinda made me fall in love with her lol. She seems like the kind of woman a man should never let go of

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

Just a suggestion. You might not want to use the word slit anymore. It infers a very low level of vocabulary compared to the level you try to obtain in the context of your writing.

photogman18photogman188 months ago

Good story. I don't favorite many stories, but I did this one

For those commenting about the security clearance issue, I had an arrest with felony charges that were unsubstantiated and cleared. Every government security clearance forward required a detailed explanation and multiple interviews to overcome.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I feel that the longer term issues in this story were not addressed. Thus, here is one potential way forward.

After Sable acquire Zabba Security Software, Michael took over the security part of Zabber into his 'ownership'. That took out one part of Zapper making the original company smaller.

Later Sable gradually absorbed department by department of Zabba meaning the executives of Zabba were gradually being made redundant and the few that saw the writing on the wall were finding new jobs fast. A few were given jobs in Sable. However, at the end, a few years later, Jacob and Carol were out of a job along with the last of the executives. Zappa was no more, it was just Sable.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox6 months ago

I really get tired of the old "I still love her" trope. It is not possible for a sane person to love someone as vile, disrespectful and devious as his wife. He "still loves" the woman she pretended to be, not the despicable piece of shit she actually is. The woman he "still loves" never truly existed .. she is just a role a lying, cheating skank played.

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

the best part is Kimberly

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree wholeheartedly with JackInYerBox. Loving someone who treats you like that is not love. It's some weird psycho fucked up insecurity. He's "in love" with some fucked up idea he has of who the disrespectful, self-centered, selfish bitch she really is.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too fucking much of past history AND a stupid end.

MC is a dumb cunt in love with his skank cheating wife

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@anon below, where did it say Kim cheated? Where does it say that he still lives his ex wife? Guess with all that skipping you missed out on the story.

/

Its also funny reading the narcissist and psychos comments... Some people just can't turn off their feelings in the same way that you don't have any. Just try to be objective and think about how stalkers and obsession works. Love is something that everyone experience differently, there's no way of knowing that your love is the same as anothers. Irrespective of how that love is expressed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's ironic how Jacob always ended up with sloppy seconds. Honestly I don't know many self respecting people that would go for that on a repeating basis.

Doing it once because you've fallen in love with anothers girlfriend or wife is kind of understandable, and forgiveable during your teens, doing it multiple times to the same person is just a wierd fetish.

It's also a bit absurd that they both fancy the same kind of women. My mates wives are OK but I wouldn't want to fk them let alone marry them. I don't know whether this is a reflection of the kind of bland homogeneity that passes for good looking in america, but honestly I think it reflects an inadequacy in the MC and ultimately in the writer that they never make an MC that sees below the surface, through the layers of makeup etc. and into the personality of the women they date and marry.

Even Kim was initially dismissed as a fatty, and it wasn't until she lost all her weight that she became acceptable. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially as most long term fat people find it almost impossible to maintain their slimmed down size, especially after childbirth. So the MC's need to be validated by having a 'stone cold fox' on his arm really does show how superficial and lacking in genuine love the guy has, ironic when you consider his first wife 'trading up' is a cut off the same block.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story with a good life lived revenge

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa2 months ago

"Carol was standing behind her husband, and he didn't realize she was there. Jacob was staring at you when he said, "That fucking Michael won again."

This is a 5 star ending to a 5 star story

RileyKingRileyKing2 months ago

Fun story but I still like when they get a little more revenges

Psychman24Psychman24about 2 months ago

Well written. Best revenge is definitely living well

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

"That fucking Michael won again." Absolute soul rape of the cheater. It's delicious.

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

Very well done. Your best so far.

NorthHunterNorthHunter20 days ago

Excellent story I really enjoyed it 5 stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous