All Comments on 'When God Closes a Door'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Living your life well is the best revenge.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

There are a LOT of Plot holes in the story. Is no possible way that the wife of Jacob could have all's accounts frozen simply because they're having a marital dispute. It doesn't work that way.

.

Why would the husband not tell his wife about the guys hired by Jacob there were sexually harassing one of the husbands assistants?. How could something like that not come up and the normal every day marriage conversation between 2 adults when they're discussing what's going on at work?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story

Well written. But it felt flat. Yeah he punched him in the mouth. But Jacob still took his wife. And cost him his job. Michael may have landed on his feet but that didn't make the journey anymore pleasant. Given that this is the LW section I would have liked a little more drama or outright violence or clever revenge. Moving to Florida provided none of those things.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago

Meh.

This has been done to death and absolutely nothing original about it.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

A pretty good story but it seemed to be missing something. What his ex wife did was disgusting and although it was obvious her married life would turn to shit she really didn't suffer in any way. Instead she also turned into a cheating slut. I think both cheaters deserved a bit more pain for what they did. Still 4 stars

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago

Good Story, Thank You 5***** I think I have read too many L.W. stories as I kept expecting Jacob to entice Kimberly into his bed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was ok. No BTB no RAAC but best of all no CUCKS.

Carol and Jacob deserved each other

4/5 stars

SpideySpeaks

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

A good, interesting plot

and well detailed.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story, a pleasure to read, luved the point of view. Keep up the witing

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

That story clarifier didn't belong. It was unnecessary and a distraction

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Great story 5 stars all the way.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race. Michael wins in the long run. He needs to find a reason to cut Jacob loose. He is toxic and will damage his new company. Firing him would be a sweet task for Michael.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 3 years ago

Thank you for the enjoyable read! Will certainly be looking forward to your next one.

Killian

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

And here I was expecting Carol’s first kid to be Michael’s after all.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

It was good, but the revenge needed to be much harsher.

Maybe Jacob being rendered sterile after the beating, then Carol miscarrying the first pregnancy due to stress over her boyfriend being hospitalised. When they all meet up again 8 years later, Carol tells Michael that he was right all along about Jacob... that he's an abusive cheater, but she got her revenge because both "his" kids are bastards.

When her kids turn 18, she tells Jacob he isn't their father and she wants a divorce. Then her cuckolded husband blows his brains out because he realises his entire life is a joke. Michael attends the funeral and thanks Jacob for being such an asshole, because without him he couldn't have traded up with Kimberly.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

I just plain love the way you tell a story. Thank you sir and no nitpicking here. #5

ReaderectionReaderectionabout 3 years ago

It goes overboard with the idea of not seeking revenge. Jacob committed perjury to cover an adulterous affair he pursued with an employee’s spouse, hired incompetent buddies who sexually harassed another employee, and now regularly cheats on his wife. Any one of those is a reason enough his employment should not have continued, especially in a security company where they reflect his lack of trustworthiness and could make him susceptible to blackmail. Saying he “runs a tight ship” doesn’t begin to excuse all that.

Jacob is so keen to prove he moved on that he completely fails his current employer here.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Just got halfway down page two, his wife is pregnant with someone else’s child so we assume she’s been cheating for a while and the moron is in jail wondering how to win his wife back.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Still I’ve got a couple of bridges that he might be interested in, both going cheap.

ker63469ker63469about 3 years ago

An enjoyable read, but this story is almost identical to "Justin we need to talk". Do all of your stories revolve around cyber security firms? Just saying. I actually read this story first, then read about Justin and August. Knowing what was going to happen definitely had an impact tho

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

He did the honorable thing and the last line makes it worthwhile. He should keep Jacob around just so he knows how second best he truly is.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Hilarious end. A good story Stoney, I enjoyed it immensely.

5/5

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

5*****

That worked well for me. The betrayal was painful and the revenge was sweet, but it was the development of a new and better relationship that really put this story over the top. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent. I would point out a few minor technical issues, the following being the most egregious. When trying to convey a feeling of uncertainty in a sentence, it should end with a period, not a question mark, and you made that error several times.

Then there was this...

"Carol chocked out a harsh laugh"

A chock is placed under a tire to keep a vehicle from rolling. The word you wanted was "choked". Other than the few distracting errors, which an editor should have found, I'll end this where I started it. Excellent!

COYSCOYSabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed

What a good story! Really liked the characters and had a real feel to it. A life well lived. Thank you

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Ho hum story with very little excitement. Cheating wife wins by getting a rich husband. Doesn't matter if she divorces him she still ends up rich and set for life. Michael moving to Florida seemed to be the highlight of the story.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Good story, an easy feel good read.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

Sweet, sweet karma.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was like children playing games. Two grown men fighting for nothing really. No winners here. Silly long story. I will give you **** because I liked your writing.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Excellent Story! It's believable and so very real-life! Yes, good stories can be written, devoid of all the tropes, and stereotypes! Keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story but weak and predictable. An enjoyable LW fluff piece.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Yet another homerun for Stoney webb

kencorokencoroabout 3 years ago

I agree with Readerection.

'Running a tight ship' does not excuse his previous conduct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked this story. 5 stars.

Although it was easy to see where the plot was going, it was written better than most similar LW stories. Liked the characters of Kimberly and Michael; Carol and Jacob not at all. Main surprise to me was that Carol and Jacob actually got married and were still together after all the years, even if it was only for the kids.

Opinion of Carol sunk even lower for me when she admitted to cheating on Jacob every time she caught him cheating. How low can one's self esteem sink too!

Main flaw in the story was Michael's last night with Kimberly before moving to Jacksonville, when he went to her guest bedroom. He had had his own apartment in her complex for some time by then. Why would he be going to her guest bedroom rather than heading back to his apartment?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Might want to give Just Plain Bob credit if you use his plot. You kind of have a habit of doing that, don’t you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Martian Slut Ray? Don't bother; who cares?

It was a decent story. Jacob and Carol will deserve all the shit that their dysfunctional marriage will cause for them, but especially their children. I can see Jacob and Carol being almost bankrupted by alcohol and drug intervention and rehab for their children, not to mention the kids living off mommy and daddy for as long as they can milk the tit.

I hope Kimberley and Michael start sending Thank You cards to Jacob and Carol on Kimberley and Michael's wedding anniversary. Schweet!

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

"It's my body, and I can do what I want with it!" she screamed at me. "You don't own me."

Tired worn out over used phrase to rile up the reader.

Stopped reading right there, might have been a great story but the same ole cliches get old quickly.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Well written and entertaining light read. Thank you SW.

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago

Good Story... Gave It 5 Stars!

There is so much you can choose to focus on in life. If you focus on the people that hurt you, you can't focus on being happen and getting shit done you need/want to get done. If anything you should use the anger garnered from the people that wronged you to fuel the energy needed for the new life you want to create for yourself. Not to exact revenge! Although, easier said than done.

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What simplistic, unsympathetic characters.

icebreadicebreadabout 3 years ago

you do what you do very well, thank you for my enjoyment, another 5 from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Too bad Michael didn't go further on Jacob and hire a martial artist woman to nearly finish Carol, kid or no kid. With Kimberly, though, he got a thousand times better wife. She truly is his WIFE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"That fucking Michael won again."

The envy of your enemy is the best revenge of all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Now that is what I call a story.well done.e

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956about 3 years ago

Not bad. I was hoping the child did turn out to be Michael's.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"our story wasn't that memorable, and it's all irrelevant now anyway." - Thank you! So many stories waste with describing every detail of how the MC and his wife dated, which has nothing to do with the story.

/

He should have listened to his gut. When his wife rips into HIM for protecting a co-worker from sexual harassment, there's something hugely wrong.

/

"wondering how I could win my wife back" - Why the fuck would you want to? Good riddance to bad rubbish!

/

The accounts are frozen, I didn't see anything where he was kicked out of the house.

/

Getting meta talking about other stories is lame.

/

We don't need excruciating details, but not even a mention of a divorce settlement? He gets blackballed from employment for punching out the guy that stole his wife? Even after he's found not guilty?

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

DIdn't go the way I expected, given the opening. That's a good thing. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for a good, entertaining story. 5*

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Karma works in mysterious ways!!!

baulloyder68baulloyder68about 3 years ago

Very good read, well written and loved the ending. Michael won again. FIVE

meucimeuciabout 3 years ago

Very enjoyable well written story, 5 stars!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

I’ve read this story twice and thought about it for 36 hours, which, for me, is unusual.

I liked it but it didn’t explain anything and events were described which had no relation to the story.

It starts with senior prom. A seminal event for high school students and one that is planned for months in advance. There is no explanation why his girlfriend would accept a prom proposal from Jacob. Was she in love with Jacob? And how did Jacob plan on explaining the addition of a second girl to his girlfriend? Clearly this wouldn’t have happened and was only included as foreshadowing.

Second: carol was highly intelligent and went to college to learn....to be a secretary? Again? How many secretarial school are there in the US? Why is it that all college girlfriends only seem to become PAs or secretaries to CEOs? Like, come on! And if they were having an affair, it would have been common knowledge very quickly.

Third: why did Carol cheat on Michael? How did she go from being in love with Michael to cheating on him with a guy she KNEW hated him? And why did Jacob marry her? That makes no sense. He’s a multi billionaire with his choice of hot women, why would he settle for Michaels ex wife?

Lastly, how tight of a ship can he run when he allows or tacitly encourages sexual or physical harassment of a secretary? That is a horrible CEO because that is what will destroy a company. Can you imagine the lawsuit?

A good CEO would have had HR fire those asshats on the spot and the idea that Michael would hide in the closet to record their behaviour is...ludicrous. Their actions would have been common knowledge because it’s a small to mid size shop.

All in all, the story falters along reasons and expects us, the reader to generally just accept that the good guy was good and the bad guy was bad and hated the good guy so much that not only did he impregnate Michaels wife but he married a woman he wasn’t in love with.

Give Jacob credit, that is some strong commitment. I mean I hate this guy from high school but I wouldn’t marry his wife just to spite him.

And who names their son Mikey jr? You literally asking him to be bullied. Would have been better to name him Sue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

was hoping that somehow all these years later like in other stories the good guy destroys the cheating couple financially and also drives them apart.

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesabout 3 years ago

Great story and a perfect example of Karma being a first class bitch.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

The hero of the story was quite dense, but behaved honorably. We never hear how these supposedly intelligent women keep betraying him for the snake. Could have been a more emotional story if that had been fleshed out a bit. Being so clueless about Kimberly and leaving her crying on the curb was pretty heartless. This fellow lucked into a happy ending.

JacktacularJacktacularabout 3 years ago

For all those who believe nothing but BTB, remember living well and being happy is the best reward. After years of my ex trying to fuck me over after our split my kids are now old enough to realize and comment on how much of a bitch she is. The true example of this is when my oldest turned 18 and moved in her brother 16 said he was coming too. Which allowed me to redo support and now she pays me lol and yes the oldest is still in school so she counts too. So truthfully I can say I get to sit back and watch her burn from the match she struck herself

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Very good story, with some karmic revenge for the victim. He traded up to a better wife and a better life. You told it well, but Jake is such an unvarnished asshole that I wish that his payback could have been a little more harsh than some facial injuries. A *5 from me for another good one from Mr Webb.

779117psr779117psrabout 3 years ago

Pretty boilerplate honestly. I get every story to be told has been told at this point. But this just felt no different from hundreds of others.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

thats what i was waiting for the btb crowd. this seemed to be more in reality than some. in reality revenge for something like this rarely happens bc ppl know that it will end up in prison or dead or just make the person just as bad as the cheaters or worse

mletroutmletroutabout 3 years ago

An enjoyable enough story. Well written technically. A lot of the usual stuff, you know, contrived and convenient circumstances. The characters are all familiar. Three stars in its genre, very middle of the road.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

****Very entertaining read good storyline excellent storytelling. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1. I read on a site an 62 years old grandmother's letter. She is churchgoing wife and grandmother. She has being cheated for almost the first time in her marriage. Her children and her husband are clueles about her secret activity.

I think the cheaters are TIME THIEFS. This grandmother stole a lot of years from her clueles husband, which time would have been enough to find other woman to live with her instead of the cheater wife. The cheater spouses stoles time from the faithful spouses.

2. Stories as this it may be not a smartass husband BTB procedings, but a succesful healing to avoid an LONG TIME TIME STEALING. When there is a cheater spouse avoiding the TIME STEALING is most important.

3. I think nowdays the romance almost left the the everyday life, but to find happiness after a cheating spouse

became one of the most ROMANCE at all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Oh yeah, the Good Guy wins again. Nicely written with a silver cloud to look forward to should a person take a dump on your shoes. 5*s. Thanks for sharing.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 3 years ago

Sometimes the best revenge is to live a good life and never look back. Not the standard BTB revenge story but quite enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm not gonna rate this story because I never made it past the second paragraph, He's hated someone since the first grade , but he decides that he's ok working for the prick. Stop right there, didn't even try to hear your contrived reasoning for that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

After reading so many cuck stories that end poorly (to my view at least) for the originall husband, so nice to read a story where the wife gets hers as well as the asshole man. Thank you for writing this and sharing it here.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Why

Why did he not sue the company for Jacob and his wife breaking the moral code conduct rule?.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@Nitpic Re: "Why?" - Because he has no standing to sue the company. If an employee breaks a company rule, the company MAY punish the employee, at their discretion. If the wife is lower than the other guy SHE can sue for sexual harassment. An example: A company has a rule that if you're late more than three times in a month you may be terminated. You're late for the fourth time. The company MAY fire you, or they may not. Maybe you're a valuable employee; maybe you're the boss's son-in-law or golfing buddy; maybe he just got laid and is in a good mood. Nobody can sue the company for not firing you, with the possible exception of another employee who WAS fired for the same reason, who can make a case for unequal treatment.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Messuage?

I checked and there IS such a word. Spell checker only takes us so far, the rest is up to proof readers. Overall, a very well written story. Thanks

Keep 'em comin'.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

A really well told story that shows all the things that are important in such an ugly drama. Good work! I confess that I am a BTB fan and secretly wished she had been infected with HIV, but as I said, this is not real life. In real life he did just the right thing, he started a new life. However, the fact that he condescends to dance with this woman and have a nice conversation is too much of a good thing for me! I could not do it!

DGHear2DGHear2about 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story, well told.

DG Hear

misogynistwithcausemisogynistwithcauseabout 3 years ago

WTF are YOU readers MORONS HOW IS THIS A GOOD STORY!

wife cheats has the other bustards baby, almost got him in jail and she still supports bastard.

No real rage or hurt feeling, years later chuckle its all good, I hope you each loose someone you love to something and then after say 5 years you can chuckle with the abuser - so either your a pussy or a human, look up self respect....gotta say most of you readers are shit for logical reactions. when you tell a story, but as here the hero did nothing but survive, no reaction, no self respect, we can all be friends- WTF.

WHY go to party? how would your employer not know the shit that went on-between you and ex and why not tell them. So, the compony is all oh were gonna buy Y, but do no corporate digging...... the logic falls on its face, and his non-reaction and his wife's teehhee reaction to his ex, I stand by the readers are morons because they basically find a well written dictionary a good story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Needs some actual payback. An easy option was not picking the company. Whatever the douchebag running a tight ship means, he is still an ammoral douchebag who has had way too much success.

Who cares if Michael had a more beautiful wife than Jacob, after all Jacob is busy banging other women on the side so he isn't losing much. Only kind of justice would be if his testicles were permanently injured and the second kid wasn't his.

Just living well is boring and limp wristed, in a story I want something more exciting than that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

MICHAEL ARNOLD IS SUCH A LOSER....HE SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED HIS ASSETS BEFORE JUMPING HHS BOSS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Michael should have taken the gloves off against Harvard prick, when he adulterated his married subordinate, and when his minions sexually assaulted Kimberly. He had moral high ground in both cases, and would have been able to gain a significant settlement from the company, and forced them to fire Jacob and Carol the slut-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

GREST STORY!!!! LOVED THE PART WHERE MICHAEL GAVE JAKEY BOY A BEATDOWN, SOMETIMES A MAN DOESNT PLAN JUST GOES OUT AND BEATS SOME ASS.. THEN MOVED ON WITH HIS LIFE, UPGRADED THE WIFE AND ACTUALLY HAS A HAPPY MARRIAGE WHILE THE SCUM EX AND JAKEY BOY ARE MISERABLE.

5 BIG FUCKING STARS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

MICHAEL THE WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. I thought that when Carol and Michael were dancing that she was going to drop the bombshell that Tammy was actually his daughter and that she'd lied to him. I'm not a BTB fan but in the fantasy world I think Carol and Jacob needed to be hurt more for the betrayal and treatment of Michael.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

What a great tale. True love was lost and then it was found. It was written in the stars.

Ha. What bullshit. The ex'wife was charmed by a loser and realised it later.

Great tale and now a favorite.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bullshit his wife Carol would not be a wild card if subpoenaed to testify. Carol would be found guilty of perjury if she lied about her affair with Jacob. The court could require a DNA evaluation of the baby prior to continuing the trial. That would prove that Jacob committed perjury. The author screwed this part up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He could have had Jacob fired when Zabba was taken over. It is against the law for a supervisor to hit on a subordinate for sexual favors. It’s called sexual harassment. In this case a marriage was broken up by it. All three people worked at the same company. It doesn’t matter that the supervisor married the subordinate. Her ex-husband still worked at the company.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

But Jacob is just a charming manipulator. He uses people and then discards them.

I know you stupid bitch, I told you that the minute he came back into my life

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 3 years ago

A pretty good story...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - yes, you followed the BTB script, just like every other romance novelist out there. I am surprised that Michael did not have a small dog for Jacob to kick, while they were growing up - because he certainly did almost everything else you could think of.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Very good story. Love it. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A pleasant 5-star excursion into the land of best revenge is living well. Familiar territory, well worth returning to. Kimberly is a sweetheart. Michael ain't too bad himself. Well done, StoneyWebb!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Not too long , yet it covered everything needed. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Carol eventually got hers, the whore. Jacob got his first and was a hurting unit. Michael got his, from a person everyone threw away. That person ended up the love of his life and rewarded him with two children. She'll also fight for her husband and kids, because she realizes they are her life. Carol and Jacob deserve incurable diseases, and when they kick off, some loving family will raise their kids. Maybe even Michael and his beautiful wife!

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I like these stories where people who married camouflaged narcissists move on and find someone truly worthy.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Really good.

Real life

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good tale, enjoy it every time I read it. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

This story's got a "take that ass hole" ending and I enjoyed it, even the blossoming of the heavy girl into the dream. Not answered was the fatherhood of Carol's daughter - I guess dna will tell some day.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good story and an ending without the fire an brimstone was done very well. One can consume ones self when indulging in self doubt about a failed marriage. Plotting revenge or something even worse is also waisted time and energy but it's something we do when we are hurting because of someone's selfish and unthinking actions. 5 stars and keep writing.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareover 2 years ago

We do like it when a working class son beats an upper class twat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story on all levels. Doubt Jacob'll be COO in next corp. LP

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous