All Comments on 'When I Look Back'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
if

Twenty years ago she was guaranteed she would have current life. Successful career, wonderful children, perfect husband, she would gush about having all her dreams fulfilled. Like Eve she would live in Garden of Eden.

Everything one needs to know about females is detailed in the biblical Adam and Eve story. Eve had no wants, no unfulfilled needs, she live the perfect life in Paradise.

AND IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

THE STORY OF ADAM AND EVE IS A STATEMENT OF FACT ABOUT ALL FEMALES AND A WARNING TO MEN

As far as I know, I am only person to recognize true intention of that story. Religious sermons proclaim it is about Original Sin and why humanity must be forgiven. IT IS NOT

As a college instructor I lectured each and every class about my insight. NO FEMALE IS EVER SATISFIED EVEN IF SHE LIVES IN HEAVEN-yeah I knoe Eden is not Heaven.

The other original character flaw denoted in that story is for EVERY MALE THERE IS ONE FEMALE THAT CAN GET HIM TO DO ANYTHING FOR HER, EVEN THOUGH HE WILL CERTAINLY LIVE AN ETERNITY IN HELL HE WILL STILL FULFILL HER REQUEST.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
She Valued Her Marriage?

I don't think so.....if the guy didn't have an STP(STD), she'd of jumped his bones without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well written story

I also so enjoyed the back and forth in the comments.

Anon ''if'' was my favorite and found his EVE analysis original and enlightening.

While I am glad she had an epiphany at the end, she had already clearly defined a character flaw

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
at least...

She did not attribute her cheating-which she most assuredly did-to empty nest syndrome

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

“What about me?” – What about you? What about your husband? I’m sure HE’D like to have a little more excitement, too!

Couldn’t cut back much more on her relationship with her husband? Why would she want to? Why has she already?

Glad she came to her senses, realized what was really important!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Phone Call

I don't see the problem that some people have with the phone call. Yes, it had a double meaning in HER mind, but nothing to cause her husband any grief.

And there is a HUGE difference between a person who cheats, and a person who has a period of self-doubt who is ABOUT to cheat, but comes to their senses and doesn't do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@sbbrooks

Trouble with phone call was she made call not to want to talk with husband, perhaps lessen her resolve to cheat by hearing him tell her he loves her. She did not call to tell him she missed him or to check on family.

The only reason she even called him, as she had not planned on doing so, was to preempt him perhaps deciding to call her and interupt her cheating with co-worker...might have momentarily ruined mood!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
most telling

About her character was character of guy she selected as partner for infidelity. She knew other than physical appearance he had no attractive qualities and that he would brag about her seduction as just one more easy conquest.

One would think, if nothing else, she would have more respect for herself!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
malapropriate :-)

Sbrooks103x-she did not come to her senses as you state.

She thought long and hard about cheating and decided to do it. She was eagerly moving to engage in second kiss when informed of herpes.

Absent that declaration, SHE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE CHEATED!

Cleverly written story which I greatly enjoyed but comments praising wife for coming to her senses have no basis given facts of story. Her true character has been exposed.

If this story was real life account, a future time would come when the desired partner was disease free-or kept his mouth shut-and she would definitely cheat

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
A Very Debatable Story!

Here is a story that can be debated for a very long time (see other comments). Was she a cheater or did she really have an epiphany? I can see arguments for both sides and they both kind of make sense.

I personally think that she is a cheater. She had already decided to cheat and put more fun and excitement in HER life. She just had bad luck to settle on a guy who had an STD and told her about it. If he doesn't admit to it, what would have happened? She would have cheated without any qualms about dear old hubby. The STD stopped her from cheating, not anything she decided. The epiphany she had was just another form of rationalization for her actions. She will definitely try it again in the future with someone 'cleaner', after all, she is still a cheater.

Thanks for a very problematic and entertaining story that caused a lot of readers to think.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 6 years ago
Really thought provoking

If you plan and plot to shoot me, buy the gun, pratice target shooting, bring me to the shooting ground, then change your mind, it ain't murder, or attempted murder. Same thing here. Pretty good logic, and I liked the word play👍

Well done

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Harsh Critics (Commenters)

A woman a few days ago told me that she has a close female friend who to go check the mailbox has to call her husband to get his permission (and no not because she had cheated before). I told her I want my woman to always be tempted, but not to cheat because I mean that much to her. Is the cock in your woman's pussy the problem, or that she has the opportunity and temptation, but she chooses not to betray you because of her love for you and the fact she doesn't want to lose you. Plus I have a very dominant personality and if I was constantly worried about what my wife was doing she would be in control of the relationship and not me.

Anyway, in this story the woman was tempted. And from everything she says the reason she doesn't cheat in the end was not because he had an STD, which was dormant at the time, but because he was intellectually challenged and that was a major turn-off for her. She realized the emptiness she was feeling was midlife crisis and reevaluating her life. I feel like say the guy was not an intellectual lightweight and he didn't have an STD, maybe she would have fucked him. But after that she would have likely realized that what was going on was midlife crisis or maybe it would have been after the 10th time. Now I'm sure the husband cares very much that she realized before she fucked the guy, but as a human condition thing really the point is that there really wasn't anything major missing in her life and that's where the lesson is for the reader. The realization about the different stages we go throughout our life and the human condition.

But for many of the readers this is simply a moral story about a cheating wife. Did what she do constitute cheating or not. I mean from the fucking story (and it's the fucking author's story so we have to take it as a truism) this was the first time she was seriously tempted to cheat after a 20 year marriage. That's fucking damn good. How does that make her a slut or some whore?

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@Anon from 9/22/16 Otherwise Known As Nutcase

You go on about Adam and Eve and how women tempt men into evil and all that bullshit. First, men are twice as likely to cheat as women. Second, 93% of prison inmates are men. Who the fuck is committing evil? And the list goes on and on you fucking misogynistic little dicked moron.

Second, the story of Adam and Eve is a coming of age story and has nothing to do with the literal meaning. The tree of knowledge is growing up and learning the truth about things. Sexuality, that there are bad things in the world, that they have to provide for themselves, etc. They hide their nudity from one another because they discover the sexual context of nudity they didn't realize as children. Eden is their parents home. They are provided for, fed and protected. But as they get older, puberty (adulthood came at a younger age back then where they had to become providers themselves) they would eventually be cast out of their parent's home (father's really at that time) to provide for themselves. They no longer have the security of the parents home and protection and have to fend for themselves.

But, of course, morons like you cannot understand any story and take it literally and would prefer believing in a prick of a god that would not only punish two people for eating a fucking apple he told them not to eat, but also all their descendents for millennia. The sad thing is that morons like him actually are allowed to vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Woman was weak

She should have gone for it. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NFW!

If I was her husband, I’d of dumped her dumb ass as-soon-as I could. She could it all, the kids, the house, bank accounts, bills, everything, just not me. Then I would of gotten lost somewhere else in the world, just not there.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Glad

Glad she came to her senses. Just not sure if was for the right reasons.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951almost 5 years ago
make another call

The only way this could be better was for her to realize the best way to add excitement to her sex life would be to add excitement to THEIR sex life. Get back on the phone and have phone sex with her soul mate. When she got back home, she should have a (slightly edited ) talk about her feelings. Let him know of her love and desires for him. Let him know how much she respects , admires and enjoys him and his mind. This is a marriage that should last until death do they part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The wife is a slut!

The wife decided that she was going to cheat on husband. She only had second thoughts when her lover told her that he had Herpes. Then she changed her mind. If the lover had not told her about his STD, the wife would have fucked her big cock lover and probably got Herpes because she didn’t bring any condoms. What a lovely gift to give your husband. A gift that keeps on giving you sores for the rest of your life. What a loving wife she was! I guess when he noticed that he had Herpes, I’m sure the wife would tell her husband that it was only sexy and that it didn’t mean anything so he should forgive her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wife was an...

...almost slut. She is guilty of nothing more than resisting temptation at the very last moment, but she was, as she verbalizes, guilty of allowing things to go too far. Four stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
you people are nitwits.

The only reason she didn't cheat is because Don told her he had herpes, and he was an absolute moron. She would have fucked him, if he hadn't told her about the herpes. And most of you are referring to the phone call, which proves she was shows that she was planning on being fucked, and she didn't want her husband interrupting . so she is not a heroine , shes a cheating slut that picked wrong.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Still

Still not certain she pulled back for the right reason, but I read it more carefully this time and it was funny as heck. Just my objectional opinion.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Finally, the wife doesn't cheat

She didn't cheat because she saw him as an empty vessel while her home life, husband, children, and profession are what fulfilled her. And, it is all put together in a humorous package. ****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Interesting story.

I like the self-realization that led her to keep her vows, but her thoughts are almost mechanical in their cold, hard logic. She should be laughing at his ignorance and feeling superior. Her realization should be painful, accusatory. She arrives at her knowledge that she loves her life like a computer program instead of having joy at the realization that she has what she wants and she can make it better.

Anyway, that's my take on it. It was nice to read a story about a wife who does not cheat. We should have more of those.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
Thoughtful

A good read about a burst of midlife crisis averted by good sense, although she was lucky that her potential home wrecker turned out to a big dick in all senses of the term.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Best hilarious, almost cheating story I've ever read. Who knew that gentle herpes was one of then STDs?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Disgusting whore

trandall9991trandall9991almost 3 years ago

Well, at least she backed out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really liked this story of a women who realised all the excitement she wanted in life she already had.

To the scum BTB trolls who haven't commented yet this author hasn't published anything in quite a few years so the shit you spout will be wasted here.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Hmmm, so if he hadn’t had herpes what then?

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Good story.

She did cheat, but thankfully stopped before it got too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mrs. Malaprop thanks you for a funny story; she also wanted you to know that if you ever visit Egypt, you need to beware of the allegories along the Nile.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

2 stars - because she actually committed infidelity in her mind, (which is our largest and most powerful sexual stimulant) as well as verbally agreeing to and then meeting the man in her hotel room. The only thing she did not do was actual intercourse - on the scale of things, that was very small concession. This is a big time fail and an indicator that this woman is well on her way to adultery.

- the author may not read this, but all the other readers might

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

She is a cheater despite all the mental gymnastics. If she has any honor (which I doubt), she will tell hubby what she did and how herpes saved her. And let him decide her fate (and if she goes on more "training" missions).

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

What guy that tried to seduce a married woman would be honest about herpes? A person who is smart enough to rise in a corporate environment should be smart enough to discuss their feeling with their spouse... I think if the writer would have used the lesson she experienced to talk with her husband, I would have like the story. BTRH...

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
I love this story.

It has intelligent, character-revealing inner dialogue. A complex, analytical main character. A clear, moral choice is made, and the MC learns something vital about herself and her life.

I see some of the previous comments say things like “she’s still a cheater” and “she still committed infidelity”. I believe that if the MC had been male (and the story suitably altered to make it realistic), the comments would laude him for his restraint and morality.

Of course, those commenters are misogynistic chuckleheads, so, it figures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The readers who insist she cheated are bullshit artist misogynists. They can throw those stones when they have never fantasized about someone other than their spouse. This was a great story, well thought out and well developed ( and the comedy of Don’s ignorance was a bonus). 5*

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

She gets no credit from me. She was happy to betray her husband a certifiable idiot, but not with a diseased certifiable idiot. How is that a moral triumph?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 Star. Finally a story where the wife uses her own brain to bring herself back to reality before it is too late.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Liked it and glad she had enough control to see the danger, 4

kirei8kirei810 months ago

It's just a matter of time before she succumbs to temptation in the form of a male version of herself. Does she tell hubby about her lie on the telephone and subsequent actions. Hell no, because she would have fucked him if not for the herpes confession. All who praised her

"strength" in resisting are full of shit. It was only justification in her mind for the kiss. She is a cheating slut and I would love for Don Juan to tell her hubby, acting like he was praising a good wife for resisting him. Anybody???

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The herpes conversation eliminates any consideration that her decision not to cheat was based on her moral standards. Next time the chance presents itself she’ll become the slut she thinks she’s entitled to be.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous