All Comments on 'When I Look Back'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The herpes conversation eliminates any consideration that her decision not to cheat was based on her moral standards. Next time the chance presents itself she’ll become the slut she thinks she’s entitled to be.

kirei8kirei810 months ago

It's just a matter of time before she succumbs to temptation in the form of a male version of herself. Does she tell hubby about her lie on the telephone and subsequent actions. Hell no, because she would have fucked him if not for the herpes confession. All who praised her

"strength" in resisting are full of shit. It was only justification in her mind for the kiss. She is a cheating slut and I would love for Don Juan to tell her hubby, acting like he was praising a good wife for resisting him. Anybody???

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Liked it and glad she had enough control to see the danger, 4

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 Star. Finally a story where the wife uses her own brain to bring herself back to reality before it is too late.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

She gets no credit from me. She was happy to betray her husband a certifiable idiot, but not with a diseased certifiable idiot. How is that a moral triumph?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The readers who insist she cheated are bullshit artist misogynists. They can throw those stones when they have never fantasized about someone other than their spouse. This was a great story, well thought out and well developed ( and the comedy of Don’s ignorance was a bonus). 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
I love this story.

It has intelligent, character-revealing inner dialogue. A complex, analytical main character. A clear, moral choice is made, and the MC learns something vital about herself and her life.

I see some of the previous comments say things like “she’s still a cheater” and “she still committed infidelity”. I believe that if the MC had been male (and the story suitably altered to make it realistic), the comments would laude him for his restraint and morality.

Of course, those commenters are misogynistic chuckleheads, so, it figures.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

What guy that tried to seduce a married woman would be honest about herpes? A person who is smart enough to rise in a corporate environment should be smart enough to discuss their feeling with their spouse... I think if the writer would have used the lesson she experienced to talk with her husband, I would have like the story. BTRH...

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

She is a cheater despite all the mental gymnastics. If she has any honor (which I doubt), she will tell hubby what she did and how herpes saved her. And let him decide her fate (and if she goes on more "training" missions).

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

2 stars - because she actually committed infidelity in her mind, (which is our largest and most powerful sexual stimulant) as well as verbally agreeing to and then meeting the man in her hotel room. The only thing she did not do was actual intercourse - on the scale of things, that was very small concession. This is a big time fail and an indicator that this woman is well on her way to adultery.

- the author may not read this, but all the other readers might

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mrs. Malaprop thanks you for a funny story; she also wanted you to know that if you ever visit Egypt, you need to beware of the allegories along the Nile.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Good story.

She did cheat, but thankfully stopped before it got too bad.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Hmmm, so if he hadn’t had herpes what then?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really liked this story of a women who realised all the excitement she wanted in life she already had.

To the scum BTB trolls who haven't commented yet this author hasn't published anything in quite a few years so the shit you spout will be wasted here.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 3 years ago

Well, at least she backed out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Disgusting whore

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Best hilarious, almost cheating story I've ever read. Who knew that gentle herpes was one of then STDs?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
Thoughtful

A good read about a burst of midlife crisis averted by good sense, although she was lucky that her potential home wrecker turned out to a big dick in all senses of the term.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Interesting story.

I like the self-realization that led her to keep her vows, but her thoughts are almost mechanical in their cold, hard logic. She should be laughing at his ignorance and feeling superior. Her realization should be painful, accusatory. She arrives at her knowledge that she loves her life like a computer program instead of having joy at the realization that she has what she wants and she can make it better.

Anyway, that's my take on it. It was nice to read a story about a wife who does not cheat. We should have more of those.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Finally, the wife doesn't cheat

She didn't cheat because she saw him as an empty vessel while her home life, husband, children, and profession are what fulfilled her. And, it is all put together in a humorous package. ****

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Still

Still not certain she pulled back for the right reason, but I read it more carefully this time and it was funny as heck. Just my objectional opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
you people are nitwits.

The only reason she didn't cheat is because Don told her he had herpes, and he was an absolute moron. She would have fucked him, if he hadn't told her about the herpes. And most of you are referring to the phone call, which proves she was shows that she was planning on being fucked, and she didn't want her husband interrupting . so she is not a heroine , shes a cheating slut that picked wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wife was an...

...almost slut. She is guilty of nothing more than resisting temptation at the very last moment, but she was, as she verbalizes, guilty of allowing things to go too far. Four stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The wife is a slut!

The wife decided that she was going to cheat on husband. She only had second thoughts when her lover told her that he had Herpes. Then she changed her mind. If the lover had not told her about his STD, the wife would have fucked her big cock lover and probably got Herpes because she didn’t bring any condoms. What a lovely gift to give your husband. A gift that keeps on giving you sores for the rest of your life. What a loving wife she was! I guess when he noticed that he had Herpes, I’m sure the wife would tell her husband that it was only sexy and that it didn’t mean anything so he should forgive her.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951almost 5 years ago
make another call

The only way this could be better was for her to realize the best way to add excitement to her sex life would be to add excitement to THEIR sex life. Get back on the phone and have phone sex with her soul mate. When she got back home, she should have a (slightly edited ) talk about her feelings. Let him know of her love and desires for him. Let him know how much she respects , admires and enjoys him and his mind. This is a marriage that should last until death do they part.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Glad

Glad she came to her senses. Just not sure if was for the right reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NFW!

If I was her husband, I’d of dumped her dumb ass as-soon-as I could. She could it all, the kids, the house, bank accounts, bills, everything, just not me. Then I would of gotten lost somewhere else in the world, just not there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Woman was weak

She should have gone for it. 1 star.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@Anon from 9/22/16 Otherwise Known As Nutcase

You go on about Adam and Eve and how women tempt men into evil and all that bullshit. First, men are twice as likely to cheat as women. Second, 93% of prison inmates are men. Who the fuck is committing evil? And the list goes on and on you fucking misogynistic little dicked moron.

Second, the story of Adam and Eve is a coming of age story and has nothing to do with the literal meaning. The tree of knowledge is growing up and learning the truth about things. Sexuality, that there are bad things in the world, that they have to provide for themselves, etc. They hide their nudity from one another because they discover the sexual context of nudity they didn't realize as children. Eden is their parents home. They are provided for, fed and protected. But as they get older, puberty (adulthood came at a younger age back then where they had to become providers themselves) they would eventually be cast out of their parent's home (father's really at that time) to provide for themselves. They no longer have the security of the parents home and protection and have to fend for themselves.

But, of course, morons like you cannot understand any story and take it literally and would prefer believing in a prick of a god that would not only punish two people for eating a fucking apple he told them not to eat, but also all their descendents for millennia. The sad thing is that morons like him actually are allowed to vote.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Harsh Critics (Commenters)

A woman a few days ago told me that she has a close female friend who to go check the mailbox has to call her husband to get his permission (and no not because she had cheated before). I told her I want my woman to always be tempted, but not to cheat because I mean that much to her. Is the cock in your woman's pussy the problem, or that she has the opportunity and temptation, but she chooses not to betray you because of her love for you and the fact she doesn't want to lose you. Plus I have a very dominant personality and if I was constantly worried about what my wife was doing she would be in control of the relationship and not me.

Anyway, in this story the woman was tempted. And from everything she says the reason she doesn't cheat in the end was not because he had an STD, which was dormant at the time, but because he was intellectually challenged and that was a major turn-off for her. She realized the emptiness she was feeling was midlife crisis and reevaluating her life. I feel like say the guy was not an intellectual lightweight and he didn't have an STD, maybe she would have fucked him. But after that she would have likely realized that what was going on was midlife crisis or maybe it would have been after the 10th time. Now I'm sure the husband cares very much that she realized before she fucked the guy, but as a human condition thing really the point is that there really wasn't anything major missing in her life and that's where the lesson is for the reader. The realization about the different stages we go throughout our life and the human condition.

But for many of the readers this is simply a moral story about a cheating wife. Did what she do constitute cheating or not. I mean from the fucking story (and it's the fucking author's story so we have to take it as a truism) this was the first time she was seriously tempted to cheat after a 20 year marriage. That's fucking damn good. How does that make her a slut or some whore?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 6 years ago
Really thought provoking

If you plan and plot to shoot me, buy the gun, pratice target shooting, bring me to the shooting ground, then change your mind, it ain't murder, or attempted murder. Same thing here. Pretty good logic, and I liked the word play👍

Well done

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
A Very Debatable Story!

Here is a story that can be debated for a very long time (see other comments). Was she a cheater or did she really have an epiphany? I can see arguments for both sides and they both kind of make sense.

I personally think that she is a cheater. She had already decided to cheat and put more fun and excitement in HER life. She just had bad luck to settle on a guy who had an STD and told her about it. If he doesn't admit to it, what would have happened? She would have cheated without any qualms about dear old hubby. The STD stopped her from cheating, not anything she decided. The epiphany she had was just another form of rationalization for her actions. She will definitely try it again in the future with someone 'cleaner', after all, she is still a cheater.

Thanks for a very problematic and entertaining story that caused a lot of readers to think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
malapropriate :-)

Sbrooks103x-she did not come to her senses as you state.

She thought long and hard about cheating and decided to do it. She was eagerly moving to engage in second kiss when informed of herpes.

Absent that declaration, SHE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE CHEATED!

Cleverly written story which I greatly enjoyed but comments praising wife for coming to her senses have no basis given facts of story. Her true character has been exposed.

If this story was real life account, a future time would come when the desired partner was disease free-or kept his mouth shut-and she would definitely cheat

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
most telling

About her character was character of guy she selected as partner for infidelity. She knew other than physical appearance he had no attractive qualities and that he would brag about her seduction as just one more easy conquest.

One would think, if nothing else, she would have more respect for herself!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@sbbrooks

Trouble with phone call was she made call not to want to talk with husband, perhaps lessen her resolve to cheat by hearing him tell her he loves her. She did not call to tell him she missed him or to check on family.

The only reason she even called him, as she had not planned on doing so, was to preempt him perhaps deciding to call her and interupt her cheating with co-worker...might have momentarily ruined mood!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Phone Call

I don't see the problem that some people have with the phone call. Yes, it had a double meaning in HER mind, but nothing to cause her husband any grief.

And there is a HUGE difference between a person who cheats, and a person who has a period of self-doubt who is ABOUT to cheat, but comes to their senses and doesn't do it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

“What about me?” – What about you? What about your husband? I’m sure HE’D like to have a little more excitement, too!

Couldn’t cut back much more on her relationship with her husband? Why would she want to? Why has she already?

Glad she came to her senses, realized what was really important!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
at least...

She did not attribute her cheating-which she most assuredly did-to empty nest syndrome

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well written story

I also so enjoyed the back and forth in the comments.

Anon ''if'' was my favorite and found his EVE analysis original and enlightening.

While I am glad she had an epiphany at the end, she had already clearly defined a character flaw

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
She Valued Her Marriage?

I don't think so.....if the guy didn't have an STP(STD), she'd of jumped his bones without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
if

Twenty years ago she was guaranteed she would have current life. Successful career, wonderful children, perfect husband, she would gush about having all her dreams fulfilled. Like Eve she would live in Garden of Eden.

Everything one needs to know about females is detailed in the biblical Adam and Eve story. Eve had no wants, no unfulfilled needs, she live the perfect life in Paradise.

AND IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

THE STORY OF ADAM AND EVE IS A STATEMENT OF FACT ABOUT ALL FEMALES AND A WARNING TO MEN

As far as I know, I am only person to recognize true intention of that story. Religious sermons proclaim it is about Original Sin and why humanity must be forgiven. IT IS NOT

As a college instructor I lectured each and every class about my insight. NO FEMALE IS EVER SATISFIED EVEN IF SHE LIVES IN HEAVEN-yeah I knoe Eden is not Heaven.

The other original character flaw denoted in that story is for EVERY MALE THERE IS ONE FEMALE THAT CAN GET HIM TO DO ANYTHING FOR HER, EVEN THOUGH HE WILL CERTAINLY LIVE AN ETERNITY IN HELL HE WILL STILL FULFILL HER REQUEST.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
cheater

NON THE LESS NOT JUST PHYSICAL SHE INTEBED TO CHEAT ON WOULD HAVE IF NOY FOR HERPES ALERT.

GIVEN SAME SITUATION SHE WILL DO THE DEED.

DOES NOT MATTER SHE HAS ALREDY CHEATED

AND IS QUITE BLITHE ABOUT IT.Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Road she is headed down

Good writing though

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
She was definetly unfaithful

to her husband, but not irreversibly so. She was lucky that the guy was such an idiot that he put her off enough to notice what she was doing. Hopefully hubby will never talk to the other people who were there or no one he knows was at the same place she was and saw her being an idiot. But say she gets away with it this time, no harm no foul right? Maybe not, depends on whether she talks to her husband about what is poisoning her mind and gets some workable resolution in place. If she just lets it go, could be a disaster waiting down the line for her. If hubby can refinish a basement he might be able to put up a false wall made of brick and therefore sound proof. Might be a place for wife to spend a few years getting her head and ass in line again. He's a deep thinker is her hubby and that is the theme of several old novels, isn't it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fact is

Thoughshe did not engage in sex, she wanted to cheat, she planned on cheating, she stopped because herblover had herpes. That is the only reason she did not fulfill her desire to look back at age 70 and remember the hot night with the big dicked younger man.

At some future date, her urge will re-emerge and she will fulfill it.

She has already cheated. Case closed

Time will come when her loving husband will be devastated and she will beg for understanding.

My only hope is he willrecover and find someone else while she livesout her days alone and diseased

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Annony you dear dumb fuckin fag!! These are fictional stories!!

That means they aren't real. You are pathetic and a sad excuse for even a old, ugly, sad, lonely fat fag! So fag I gave this a 5 to offset your dumbass fag vote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Try, Try, Try Again Until You're Successful

She will, she's not happy with her marriage and she doesn't seem like she wants to talk to her husband about it. To bad, so sad...

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 8 years ago
Nice analysis in this story

And I was surprised and pleased by the ending. I was so sure it would be yet another case of the wife being discovered and slung out. Most amusing set of malapropisms; she suddenly realised how much she respected her hubby and pulled back from the brink. Well told, very cryptic. Despite her initial yielding to temptation, perhaps a true loving wife after all.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
but if....

If your life is that busy, and you are so determined to "climb the ladder of success" why wouldn't you hire a maid service?

Why spend whatever time away from work in drudgery instead of with your family? You do remember them?

The ones you theoretically are working for the betterment of.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

agree with the previous comment. Had this guy been smoother, and std free, she would have boned him. No doubt. She benefited from moral luck.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 9 years ago
Good Read

A really good read and for once a story about a trie loving wife !

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

fortunately, she ran into a guy that was honest about it. how many aren't?

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Epiphany...

It wasn't a epiphany, it was a damn luck, the guy had genital herpes!!! If he was clear of that, no epiphany would save her from cheating and destroy her life for ever.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

still a beauty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
fidelity

She didn't threaten to fool around, if he hadn't had herpes it was a done deal.

Still it was tongue in cheek and funny while making a point .

In a just world she would be penalized,but this is a story in which she got once in a million lucky.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
I loved the word play

unfortunately it reminds me of too many stories and the comments in response to them here on Lit.

Well said rpsuch.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
late to the debate

Professor S. I. Hayakawa must be rotating in his grave like a water turbine at the ignorance of people who say things such as: "Threatening to cheat is the same as doing it" as they lack the capacity, heck, the competency for semantic definition.


So, that map I drew on a napkin, with a crayon, is the same thing as the actual property it roughly describes?


If i write a fairy tale does that make me a fairy?


If I write a story about a ferryboat does that make me a ferryboat?


if I write a story about ignorant trolls would that make me one if the adolescent commentators on this site?

How did FinalStand put it “Standing in a Church does not make you a Good Christian, anymore than standing in a garage makes you an automobile.”

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Very well done

This is one of the best written stories here. At first I thought you had a couple of misspellings until I realized that Don Juan was an imbecile.

I would have like a bit more character development, but I understand that this story had a different intent. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Funny "closet-cuck" commenters

Those virgins read LW stories to server their closet-cuck fetish: not going to let the actual text of a story get in the way of a good read, spank, comment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Funny commenters

They just can't stand it when the wife does NOT cheat so they just have to fantasize that not cheating is just as bad as cheating, anything just so they can keep hating on women. Why? Because no woman has ever wanted them? Why? Because they're inadequate, unlovable losers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
self serving to the end

even stopping short is another way to feed her own ego

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

My second time reading this and truly a favorite. If all of us married folks were honest, we have all been tempted and even fantasized about an affair. I am fairly sure it is human nature. She nearly got herself into big trouble. I have nearly gotten myself into big trouble. Fortunately, she took time to reflect and weigh the value of her family against the potential risk. Reason and devotion won out in this case, but I am smart enough to know that reason is flawed. Did reason really win out, or was she simply lucky the guy couldn't stop taking his foot out of his mouth? Had he been a smooth talker, it is unlikely that she would have resisted the power of that first kiss. It too, reminds us that sometimes well reasoned and devoted people make mistakes. If not for her moral luck, we would be condemning her rather than applauding her.

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenalmost 11 years ago
Well that was a switch

How about that an intelligent woman. You don't see many of those here. Refreshing!

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 11 years ago
Hmmm

She dodged a bullet here and she may have scared herself enough to realize what almost happened.

But if the guy wasn't a complete idiot she may not have come to her senses before it was too late.

She got lucky and she was smart enough to know it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Communication Issues

Great story.

Seems people are forgetting that a long term marriage can (not necessarily will) fall into a routine where neither party is communicating enough. This lady should have been talking with her husband about these things long before it got to this point, but fortunately she realized what she was jeopardizing before it was too late.

Never start taking your spouse for granted and never let them take you for granted. That way lies 'loving' wives and husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A faithful wife

She had a chance and did the right thing. She's a better wife, woman and human being than any of the commenters on this story. They desperately need to feel like real men because they can't find jobs, they can't see their flacid little pee-pee's underneath their middle-aged guts and no woman wants them because they're such pathetic losers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
betrayal

his cornhole reamed, he smoked the meaty cock, betrayed!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Future slut

All I can say is, she thought about it once and decided not to. When she thinks about it again, She just might.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
She's still

a cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
So let me ask you,

If the guy that the wife picked up was more like Warren Beaty, what then?

Sorry, but she spoke to her husband and enquired about her kids, moments before Romeo made it to her room. And yet she still opened the door for him.

Lucky for her, Romeo was dumb enough to behave just stupid enough for her to achieve her epiphany.

So let me ask you, if he was Warren Beaty instead? No, your writing was excellent and pretty much at the top of it game here. The characters you wrote about however were not.

Her fidelity is not based on all the things that make marriages last. It's based on dumb luck.

VickieTernVickieTernover 12 years ago
The most intelligent

and witty (and wise) "Loving Wives" story I've encountered on Literotica. You fixed the deck by setting up a Mr. Malaprop to bring her back to her own self-respect and self-re-perception, but it was all the more asmusing for that. I have to rate this a five out of five (as very rarely, even Shakespeare or Faulkner wouldn't achieve that every time with me, all-in-all), and I regret that the system won't let me register it

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Great comments

Great story to draw so many intelligent comments. I stick with another writer's comment. Cheaters cheat because they decided to and they can when they want to. I think it is always decided they will before it actually occurs. Everything else before or after the actual event is just rationalization or dialogue from the writer. Most marriages that work do so because the cheater does not get caught and doesn't do it too often. That way there is no hurtful confrontation that forces the betrayed to take action or not because of wounded feelings.

This wife did not get caught whether she mean't to go all the way or not. We all come close to doing the same thing in our marriages...

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 13 years ago
Wasn't it Wilson Shakespeare

who said that "It's better to be lucky than....:" I forget what comes after "than," but you kow what I mean. What I mean to say is that the lady sure got lucky in her choice of a guy to fuck around with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

The only thing that saved her from damaging her marriage and family was this looser's STD...or in his words a "STP". Nevermind that he was mind numbingly stupid that was all overlooked because he gave her compliments. Sure she finally had her lightbulb moment in the end but she was ready and willing to go there before he dropped his little bomb.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
A head snap is in order.

She gets seduced, and then has to listen to a warning before she gets put to bed. I think the only thing that saved her was the warning. I have always thought that the women that one would meet on a buisness trip would be STD breeding factories. Why wouldn't a woman feel the same way about the men she meets. Don was hitting on several women, so that along should have sent her running. In the end, she got the wakup call, but nearly too late.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Hmmm ... interesting story ... liked it.

Rpsuch,

I enjoyed the story. I cracked-up over the STP comment.

I guess it's true that sex is mostly in the head, I mean the big head not the little head, although ... after reading one of your other stories about what you learn on this site I could be wrong.

I liked the ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice

Finally a woman who actual thinks and considers what she's doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
great story

she's lucky she didn't do it and realised in time. An hour later and she would never forgive herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What if?

What if he didn't have the STD? After the first kiss, she admits this is the excitement she is missing. They keep kissing and she doesn't have second thoughts. Where is the saint? It was only a matter of circumstance that she didn't cheat on her husband. It was great that she had her epiphany and came to realize what was important. Unfortunately, for me, she already cheated on her husband. How does she think he would have reacted if he walked in on her in Don's arms? I don't think we would have had the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I totally agree with Alvaron53

What more can I say. Where I cum from every-one is great!

Why am I reading these storeys - to get on up high (top storey) or what?

No - I think I read this because I am filthy minded and now I came accross a writer who is sharp and refreshingly clean and who will never pick up a STP what's to say AIDES, Gonaway or sightlust.

Here you have another comment worth reading - I write for Ezinearticles!

Jan Meyer

HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorribleabout 15 years ago
The story is good, but...

...the comments are even better.<p>

Nice argument we've got going here. Is she a saint or a slut? Somewhere in between, like most of us, I guess, but I'm still a bit surprised by the 'saint' crowd. It's as if they went into the story expecting a gender reversal of 'Midlife crisis', so that's what they're commenting on. 'She changed her mind,' they say. No, she didn't. Read it again. She didn't change her mind about cheating, she just lost her appetite for her lover. Her remorse (at least at first) doesn't so much say 'oh no, I almost cheated' as 'oh no, I almost cheated <i>with the wrong guy</i>'. That doesn't strike me as particularly sincere.<p>

Of course, she isn't as bad as some of the women from other RPSuch stories ('Fifth place', 'Kent Clark or Superman', 'Wimp', and 'Too Far') and indeed the majority of the women in these stories, but that doesn't make it right.<p>

That doesn't mean she's Hitler, of course. Her internal monologue at the end points to her being a usually decent person, who lost her way, but is on her way back. She was lucky no damage accrued, but she was not an upstanding wife who stood up to temptation and refused to cheat.

grogers7grogers7over 15 years ago
Good Humor with a serious side

Probably a real experience for many women. I loved the malaprop humor, but wht got me laughing out loud was the comment "Terrible" by anonymous. Don't read anymore rpsuch stories, knucklehead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Terrible

I don't think you should write anymore.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
Read it several times before, decided to comment

Superb thinking man's story that touches a lot of bases and asks a lot of questions for which there are no certain answers. It's good fiction because the prose is well-crafted, the characters believable (though Mr. Malaprop was too good to be true :), and the resolution of the plot credible. Whether you agree with the ideas presented by the author or not, there is no denying the fact that "he gotcha" -- he made you think. If that's not good fiction, I don't know what is. Thank you, rpsuch, for a story very well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good Story

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. How many of us, married or single, have looked at someone and thought "Wow, he/she is hot, what would it be like to have my way with him/her?" AS some readers have said, we are all subject to temptation, we may even set up the situation but that doesn't mean we will fall. We are human, we will make mistakes, sometimes we will make the right decision for the right reason, sometimes for the wrong reasons, that's the luck of the draw. One reader said that "It is the difference between shooting a person with a gun and being stopped by a bus and then arrested by cop before you could pull the trigger." (Paraphrase) I disagree. It is being stopped by a bus, then realizing that what you are doing is wrong, dismantling the weapon, putting it in the trunk of your car. Yes, you might take it out again; but that is for the future. Thankyou for this story of a near miss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I'll take wit...

A little story with huge potential.

As I laugh myself silly with this quickie, I have to conclude that I'll take wit over brawn any day.

Thank you, what a pleasure it was to read this little story. You made my day. I'm still smiling. You did not only entertain, but gave us something to think about. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
crap story

The wife is so full of bull shit if she thinks she is being a good wife to her husband and a good mother to her kids she needs a shrink to get her head turned around she is cheating on her husband and she should know it dont treat him like a wimp and a cockold.

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Okay, DJ recommended I read

this and I absolutely loved it, very funny and wonderful misuse of the English language. You get an A+ from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sometimes the comments are

a story unto themselves. It would be interesting to have a sociologist write a learned essay on this phenomenom. At times it seems like the comments take on a life of their own, generating ever more comments with the story somewhat laid by the wayside. (I, with an attempt at humor, tried this with "Get Back" but I would really like to see someone make a serious attempt at this!)

On the story I can't fault her for her thoughts; none of us could maintain a relationship if all of our thoughts were transparent. Yeah, she almost screwed up but she realized there are things more inappropriate than the use (or misuse) of language!

Boredom is evil!

A last bit of wisdom: "Comments are neither good nor bad, they just are!"

By the way, I did like the story, a lot. You were one of my first bookmarked authors. The malapropisms were brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Another Good One

I liked your story of her near brush with loosing her marriage. She's not perfect but still kept her vows. I thank you for the story.

jaggers0053jaggers0053almost 19 years ago
great story!

and like any great story it stimulates minds.lots of different opinions of just what this lady represents as a result of her actions. saint or sinner? Loving wife or cheater?

my own two cents worth are that she's no saint. after the fact she may realize just what she almost did and is thankful that it didn't transpire, but she doesn't get any high marks for her own actions. as written in the story she made a conscious decision to commit adultry,made plans for him to come to her room,and made a preemtive call to her husband.she was fully committed to having sex with this Don. it was only poor verbal skills by him that stopped this from happening.its was only after the 'turn off' that she developed a sense of guilt and realized ' what she would be looking back at at seventy '.

i don't view her as a bad person. everyone has low periods in their life and can make poor decisions.sometimes they are cruel and destructive and never recovered from and at other times you get lucky and get another chance to do the right thing.

as usual another great story!

thanks,

don

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Saved By Her Brain

Bobbie nearly blew it, until Don Juan showed what an empty package he was. Masterful job of telling how she reevaluated her thinking that her life wasn't "fun" anymore.

Good tale.

saw_man1saw_man1almost 19 years ago
Brilliant

That was one of the most original and well written stories on this site. Very believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Very well done

I am sure that you realize that many readers on this site consider you to be one of the very best writers. Your submissions are eagerly awaited. I hope that we can expect many more tales in the near future. Again, my thanks.

sherlock40sherlock40about 19 years ago
I'm sorry. but to me this woman was on the

bus to infidelity. She had paid her fare, chose the destination, and was ready to go. The only reason she didn't arrive was because of a dumbass driver. If he had not been an idiot, she would have been on her back counting ceiling tiles. Up until Mr Malaprop opened his mouth, she was raring to go. So, in my mind anyway, she is guilty of cheating. Should she be punished? No, after the mental midget left, she managed to find her good sense and decide not to cheat. Although, I think she will be thinking of the bus ride again and again. I hope she doesn't find a better driver.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Hey Kanga

Would you rather be hit in the head with a hammer

OR

ALMOST hit in the head with a hammer??

The actual act of sucking or fucking is the issue and she ALMOST did it.

But she didn't!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very good story

Anyone who is even thinking a little about cheating should read this one first. At least the man was good enough to tell her. Most guys like him and those who have herpies might not, or wouldn't tell her. Then the wife gets it and gives it to her husband. Major pain all the way around in more ways than one. Good, no great story showing what might have happend if she or us have an afair!!! Thanks for writing it. V

X_BishopX_Bishopabout 19 years ago
Back again

RP

Bishop again.

Thought I was through till I read some of the other comments. Kanga and some others seem to have raised some interesting issues. Some valid some maybe not so. So I decided to weigh in on this. I for one took my vows in church which from my POV makes the covenant between my wife and I special because there is a third entity involved. (I'll leave it at that so's not to upset those who don't understand Christianity.) So far in my life I've jumped the broom one time 20 years ago and I'm working on 21. Though I love my wife dearly there have been times that all that kept me from taking the fall was the grace of the third entity. The problem I read here is that like many people you want to convict on the temptation to transgress rather than the transgression that did not happen. Circumstances as they are in the story I agree that if Don had the brains to match his dick size she would have yielded to the temptation. One commentor used an analogy of intending to kill someone but being stopped at the last minute by a bus. Two things: First attempted manslaughter and attempted murder are NOT the same as manslaughter and 1st degree murder. There are thousands of men and women in prison that can explain to you the differences. Second you need to remember that there is a HUGE difference when you compare the court of law to the much broader stage of life. The facts of the matter in the analogy is that murder was NOT committed. The facts of the matter in the story is that she didn't, yes it was a near thing, yes she was inebriated (yeah I probably spelled that wrong) yes she even thought ahead and cut her husbands nightly phone call off at the pass. But in the final most important scene she didn't fuck him. Yes she may fall in the future, hell I may fall in the next hour but at the critical moment for whatever reason, she didn't. Change sometimes starts in the oddest of places. I chose to take her thoughts at the end as the beginning of change not the end.

Read and debate with ya later

Bishop

X_BishopX_Bishopabout 19 years ago
Where the cheating started.

RP

My friend this was an excellent story about a unique subject. Too many people even today think that marriage is the happily ever after. Too many people think that happily ever after is created instantly. Then when they realize that you have to work to build it too many opt to jump out, still looking for the fairy tale. Here you wrote a story about a woman who had to come to grips with part of that. She barely escaped her self inflicted trap. (just this one time. no one will know etc.) What we see at the end is a woman who has learned something and appreciates what she has. Now perhaps she can turn her attention to building what she wants with her husband. The cheating started in her mind but ended in her mind and heart. With a little help from STDs. Very good.

Read ya later

Bishop

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
I dont think she cheated

But I dont think she loves him either. Convinced said it very well. The wife doesnt seem to come to her senses and realize she loves her husband or any gooey romantic stuff like that. She definately doesnt come across as a character worthy of admiration.

Just because she is kind of shallow & mercenary, doesnt mean she is a bad person though. She decided what was important in her life & instead of trying to have it all, made a choice to keep what she had even if it wasnt for perfect romantic reasons. It also doesnt mean she will jump at the chance to cheat in the future. To me it just means that she is a less than perfect person in a less than ideal marriage. I may prefer stories where the husband & wife are in love but stories about realistic marriages are also very good and I found this to be quite thought provoking.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous