All Comments on 'When It's Love'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great. Might have been better-no, I'm not going to say it. Don't want to piss this girl off so that she doesn't post. Let's just say it was a great story anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are such a good writer. I know every time I open one of your stories I'm going to have a good time. I gave you all the stars.

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Loved this story...

Amazingly well crafted as we have all come to expect

5 stars

Cagivagurl

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

It is a shorter story, so by necessity you only hit the highlights, but... I wouldn't have minded savouring another dozen or so pages of this story!

The outline was there, and there is meat to it, but I do feel like this story would have been well served had you given yourself the time to fill out the background a little more.

From getting together, to breaking up and the resolution... everything went by in a whirlwind and while I loved the story, I think the fast pace at which everything happens did you a disservice here.

I like a good romance, and I very much like your stories, but I can't help feel this one was a little bit rushed.

5/5 in any case...

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 1 year ago

You know, I love Everything you write Randi. Best to you and Hubs and Family.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Another great story from blackrandl1958, it was going so well until the bottom of page two, then it just went off the rails, you create a pretty interesting character in Shaw and then (I can hardly bear to say it) he orders a Dr Pepper…really a Dr Pepper, have you tasted the stuff it’s shit and no one either in reality or fantasy actually drinks the stuff, they may well buy it but only because it’s great as a paint stripper, I’ve heard it rumoured that mafia hitmen use it instead of acid to dissolve bodies.

Still loved the story apart from that obvious flaw. Easily 5*’s.

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

Wow are you a hopeless romantic (ha, ha)! Your writing in this one was may be your best ever; could be made into a Hallmark Movie. Obviously 5*

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 1 year ago

Great event. Great story. Thanks and 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s nice to read a feel good story

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

I know the quote. "Oh what tangled webs we weave, when we practice to deceive." Great story, it's hard to believe it took 18 months to resolve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent....5

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

What a wonderful love story. Thank you. Five stars. And, I love Dr Pepper.

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 1 year ago

And once again, you nailed it!!!

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Enjoyable and well written story as always with this author.

One minor annoying editing issue. Pretty sure it should have been homies rather than hommies. Hommies just doesn't look right or feel right phonetically.

The relationship arc between Shaw and Donovan felt way to quick, linear and easy.

It's a shame they lost those 18 months together because Donovan decided to get her feelings hurt and he petulant. She decided to crash Shaw's solitude when he was trying to wrap his head around her actions. His feelings were still raw and he wasn't ready for that conversation yet, which is why he was still out camping by himself. It seemed like he was being entirely reasonable when he said he would trust her but, that he was reserving the option to change his mind after he heard what she had to say. His position made complete sense based off her behavior and actions.

Donovan's father. I'm left wondering if he actively pimped her out or if she did that of her own accord and he was just happy cashing the donation checks her slutty behavior earned. Either way, considering that he had her start helping at those events when she was 18 he's a scumbag. Either way it might have been nice to hear that she either completely cut off or at least severely reduced her relationship with her father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's a reason Randi is the queen of Literotica. This story and this event shows why.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 1 year ago

It was a nice story and 5* for it.

The only small issue I had was a 23 and 24 year old acting/written like they were 16.

It might be an American thing, the legal drinking age of 21 being an example.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finding each other, romance, love, tenderness, path to openness, honesty and conversation caring and giving, trust and respect, and to the moon and back forever and ever ❤️❤️

Touched our hearts and souls.

More please!

We love you and your creative writing lit work.

S&J

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes I want to read a story in this category where everything works out for the couple. Thanks for this one.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 1 year ago

Skruff101: Dr. Pepper is the 4th largest selling soda, so there are more than a few who do drink it.

Now, the story is VERY good. I love it when two people can reconcile their differences. Hint, hint.

Marshall52Marshall52over 1 year ago

Such a wonderful story with a happy ending. So thankful that this story ending was so believable and a story that probably happens a lot to couples in love.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Your last couple stories have revealed an underlying personality that is nuanced, yet makes you truly believe the heroine really exists. Only way I can someone being able to accomplish that fete is by putting a little of themselves in the character. We’ll likely never meet, but your “character “ is a very interesting person. 5*

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

When I first started the story I anticipated Randi turning Donovan into a cheating slut. Instead she used her considerable magic to create one of the best feel good romances I have ever read. Thank you. Yes to a Hallmark movie and I have always loved Dr Pepper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good and fuzzy feel good story,,, I enjoyed it. It gave me some relief from my thoughts.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

Put a smile on my face knowing all will be well with them. As intelligent and open with each other as they are he should have been able to talk with her about what he saw before just taking off. She should have been able to talk with him about his trust issue. Or was this just the drama and tension needed for an LW story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well one's a liar always a liar

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 1 year ago

As always, your work is over the top. I am favoriting this one so I can read it when I am down, which is usually when my wife of 48 years is off on a business trip somewhere. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Get the impression there was a whole lot more to be included about the relationship with the father, and that you maybe removed it to use the story in this event?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good 5***** story! I expect the critics will be along to say she was and is still cheating. I admit that I have my doubts, but I didn't marry her. Good job!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This is a very well written story and romantic as hell. 5 stars from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars isn't even close. Randi, you are truly an icon, and I love your stories. Vagabonds is another example. Shaw also gave her the best name a lady can have- MAMA. For all the heartache they went through, everything tuned out wonderful!

uga2001uga2001over 1 year ago

I loved this story. I was rooting for the characters and was glad when they got back together. Keep up the great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is so good to read another of your wonderful stories here, author! 5 stars! Thank you! More?

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year ago

It was a very well written story. I could picture the characters all the way through. Deserved the 5*.

with respect.

DG Hear

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 1 year ago

Really nice work. 5* as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like Dr pepper

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Lovely. Every story I read of yours ends with me thinking, "This was my favorite one." So, to keep with tradition, I must say that this was my favorite one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poor communication or lack of communication is a lame plot device. I get that you wanted to create suspense and drama. Wondering why the dumb shit ran away and ghosted her is not suspense, but rather curiosity at the purpose of making the character so shallow, and a coward. He couldn't handle hearing his not-wife tell him that she's an escort for the university and its just sex? You'd think someone supposedly as intelligent as him would want to know that as soon as possible, and way before the wife complication existed. For all he knows she fucked the jock all night and Then quit the business. But you tell us they lived happily ever after. Well, not ever after, but for a few years after the kids were born. Nothing in this story gives us any confidence that the husband is any smarter or the wife is any less deceitful. Hell, she admitted she was lying to herself, so why not lie to him too? Whatever, it was an interesting story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Her dad was her pimp, and she did dirty dancing to raise money. Sounds like a safe bet. 🤣

"If you wanna' be happy for the rest of your life..." Kid Creole and the Coconuts.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Gave it a four though. Fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You conveniently left of the fathers part as the university's pimp. I would have serious issues with those values being brought in to the family

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Sometimes you have to take a chance for happiness!

5

Slick742Slick742over 1 year ago

Thank you for a wonderful story. After watching all the bad stuff on the news tonight you left me with a warm feeling. SK742

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall I liked it. It is a bit like a dessert where there was too much sugar used, a little too sweet. It would have been a bit more appealing if everything wasn't so perfect. He's a good looking hunk, with a high GPA and great at table tennis and a great career. She's a 10 who is immediately smitten with him and is wonderful at sex.

Coincidently, when he wants to move out from his roommate, the father has an amazing house just becoming vacant, and the mother has an extensive collection of furniture that they need. I think if it had been a little more toned down it would have been a 5 from me but as it is, a solid 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am so grateful for this story. Thank yo so very much!

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this tale. 5 ⭐️s

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 1 year ago

Loved it Randi, also 5 stars I have to disagree with Amy though vagabonds is my favorite xx

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Great story. The 'boy loses girl' part was strained. And we all knew things would work out. Still a feel good one. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is mutual love. They were together for 2 years. According to her, there was no direct betrayal. And they're separated for eighteen months? It looks more like she was waiting until the passions finally subsided, acceptance would come and the participants and witnesses of those "dubious events" would lose interest in them and forget dirty details that could expose her in a worse light than she told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written, with interesting and engaging characters. Part of your talent, for me, is the ability to immerse the reader in the story, like the proverbial fly on the wall. Even quite good authors lead me to maintain some distance, as though I’m reading a story (which, of course, I am). You, OTOH, make me feel that I’m watching people interact IRL. Not many writers have that sort of mastery.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 1 year ago

Excellent! Wish I could give it more than five stars!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 1 year ago

Excellent! Wish I could give it more than five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story. Congrats.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Now that’s a beautiful love story!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Great story with great characters. You took it right to the edge and brought it back. 5 stars.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. How far did the flirting go? Did he see the worst of what she offered to procure donations or? Any why? Really? Once she was in a committed relationship why should it have continued? Unless she enjoyed it. Were I he, I would want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Regarding the story….enjoyed it immensely. Gotta say it was more a “romance” than an “LW” type…but then I remember that you declared a little while ago that you write “hybrids” — and as far as I’m concerned, you are the best at doing just that.

.

Regarding the event that this story is a part of — thank you very much for doing this..and everything else you do to give readers on this site quality material to enjoy.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved it. This IS the kind of story the Loving Wives forum needs more of. It was a little shorter than I'd like as her background could have been fleshed out a little more and filled in. His background was filled in pretty well, including both parents and their jobs, along with his sister (who was going to the same college as he was). I too found it a little fast paced, but sometimes when writing that happens as the words start to flow out and fill the pages. I'm not knocking anything, as I really enjoyed it and gave it 5 full stars. I may re-read it again just to bump up the score as it was that good. As it was I read the first 2 pages before I went to bed last night, then went over them again today before posting my comment and vote. Thank You for sharing it with us. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice! I enjoy a feel-good story!! Well told.

Jim

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story as always. Perfect feel good story right around the holidays.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

One more thought, please do a story based on " why can't this be love"

Can't go wrong with Van Halen

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story, but 18 months? I would have lasted less than 18 seconds once she showed up at my campsite. Yikes 😜

linnearlinnearover 1 year ago

Impressive storyteller as always. I'm always a little leary of loving wives stories but this was very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Masterpiece. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

reminds me of conversations I should have had

1ceBit1ceBitover 1 year ago

My goodness Randi, this has to be the best work I have read from you! The best from the best! 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It took to long to resolve ,two stubborn people in love. Years wasted. How did they not have dated others in the interim. Just dirty dancing and he explodes and never has the talk so they could work that out? She never dated others or cheated .

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* Thank you for another lovely, believable, story.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Geeze i so enjoy ur writing u always give me a happy ending n in life thats a good thing. It was enjoyed n appreciated. Great job.

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

Great romance-ish LW story. I really felt for the protags and hoped it would work out. Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely love this. A 10 who is steadfastly loving and loyal, with a great head on her shoulders to match a perfect body, face, and fierce spirit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too sweet for me. I read shaw as the type of guy that right up front in the relationship would have politely confronted her about being an escort and not some event coordinator. In fact, he would attend one just to observe.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Lovely story, Randi, that does a great job showing how important honesty and keeping lines of communication open in a relationship are. There were a lot of little points along the way that showed how that relationship grew and was damaged, and “Don’t call me Donna/You can call me Shaw” cracked me up after a tiresome day. The ending was just right after that long day. Great job with the story, and thanks for hosting the event.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
One of the

Best authors on lit. Great job not just your run of mill cheating story but one with a love theme. Nice ending.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Absolutely loved it. Glad it worked out for the best. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You never fail to write an engaging and thoroughly well-crafted tale, that is exactly as you describe it in the intro...

...of COURSE this is a '5' !

EastCoaster

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Great story! A sweet read! Thank-you… I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Impo_64Impo_64over 1 year ago

A very good story! Thank you...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy your work but my main comment is to thank you for setting up your challenges. You obviously garner enough respect from your fellow authors to bring out the best in so many and that leads to a lot of good reading! I’ll never have what it takes to do what you all do so well but I certainly appreciate all of your efforts. Thank you so much.

An old curmudgeon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are THE BEST!

rodryder44rodryder44over 1 year ago

Beautiful story Blackrandi1958.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

I think the question that needed to be asked and that she wouldn't want to answer is, did she sleep with any of the alumni PRIOR to hooking up with Shaw? Not that it would matter towards their relationship, but would go towards her character & believability on deceiving herself as she claimed. If she slept with someone to confirm a donation, then she knew what her job at these functions really was. The way she always said, she never let it get further since we met, does that imply that before they met it was on the table for alumni?

clearcreekclearcreekover 1 year ago

Way beyond my reality. However, it was a wonderful story. 5

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 1 year ago

Spellbinding. Five and a Fave!

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Too many blatant plot devices just to engineer a RAAC. The second wife suddenly dropping dead was the worst and most blatant of several.

FreewheelFreewheelover 1 year ago

Thank you Randi!

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

This is how you write a love story. Such a well told story with enough angst to really hold your attention. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't feel the 5 this time around. So it's a QuickMagazine 4 for Randi the Great. On the up, how's about throwing in "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the start before going onto the title track, and then the event song. Deft drop-in's, you'd have to know to catch 'em. Think what held me back here is that although the separation was lengthy, the resolution seemed too easy. Also, not sure I really trusted that Donovan told the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Think this fool wanted to believe more than to know. But since they wound up happy, maybe not such a fool.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

I wonder why her father allowed her to act the hoe? Maybe he thought more of the money than his own daughter? Glad they managed to get back together had their two little ones.

Another 5* story from you, Randi.

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Loved it. Great storytelling, great characters. So great that the crux of the conclusion -- does Shaw believe Donovan won't lie -- carries over to the comments. Only an incredible story can incite such a response.

THANKS

jrrtolkien420jrrtolkien420over 1 year ago

Loved it. Well written and well excellent ending.

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

Very nice story with a happy ending. The song “When you’re in love with a beautiful woman” comes to mind. She HAD to know she was eye candy, so despite her seemingly down to earth persona, there’s a lot of vixen there as well. I agree with others that stepping back for 18 months is waaaay too long an interlude to become close again without much effort. Come on, these aren’t high elves who can court for a few centuries.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too perfect. Mostly accurate grammar which makes it a pleasure to read.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Nice story. You did extremely well, with a concept that far too many of us idiotic men have lived… and many didn’t have the happy ending.

The key to your story, IMO, is that it was the opposite: when a Oman loves a man. Donovan waited 18 months to clear the air with Shaw. At 22, that’s an eternity, and a woman *that* beautiful must have passed on countless offers during that span. That’s a lot of temptation and pressure. THAT is her love!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories