All Comments on 'When Not to Salute'

by garyr19680

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Quick

Excellent story, Five Stars! I'm my days, an A-hole officer like that would have been Fragged.

Semper Fi.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Good story

Yes, arrogance is the same as stupidity, and gets the a..holes killed. Hopefully they don't take a bunch of soldiers with them.

SgtammoSgtammoalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Everyone who was in the military no matter what branch has know officers like the major. My hope is you write more stories along this line.

JaekartJaekartalmost 4 years ago
To those that count, truth is always truth

Been in this situation a few times, myself. Recon is and was my passion. Returning to a base camp after mission completion, put us into contact with the "Spit Shined REMF's" whose rank was all up and down the ladder. They rarely survived ANY action around the base camp, unless they learned not to ever leave their heavy bunkers. The wheels turning in this Marine's mind, about the losses from this officers "actions" feel true, and his actions bore truth. The Major would never believe he was in a sniper's sights, even in a combat base camp. I helped bury a few who were like him !!

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962almost 4 years ago
Well done

Really liked the story, wished it was longer but still 5*. I look forward to reading your next submission. Thanks for a job well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergaryr19680@garyr19680
Just a guy that likes to read stories, maybe one day finish one myself. 5/12/20 - submitted a fairly short story the other day. It's in the sci fi category, no sex in it. Hopefully it will be accepted and up soon.