When One Day We are Gone Ch. 01

Story Info
Enemies: Cassie is put in her place on her knees at the BBQ.
5.3k words
4.55
36.1k
32

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 12/30/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
oneagainst
oneagainst
1,487 Followers

[Author's note: Cassidy Hayes, psychologist by day and mother of two, is struggling with the fragmentation of her marriage as her husband Damian cheats on her with Lily, a sexy blonde younger woman. Far from calling her husband out on his infidelity, Cassie has found herself being blackmailed by Lily into doing what the younger woman tells her. Meanwhile, Cassie is exploring a different world, having made a new friend in Madame Syn, the owner of the Lost and Found, and a highly accomplished Dominatrix.

While this story can be read standalone, the backstory can be found in What We Say In The Dark. This story also runs in parallel with the latter half of Oxygen Games]

---

ENEMIES

Damian swept past her carrying the tray of meat as Cassie took one last look around the kitchen before heading out into the back garden. The tables were set, and the beers were cooling in the ice bucket. She had Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc chilling in another, and bowls of snacks out.

"Brenton's going to be a little late. His wife had something prior that he has to pick her up from first," Damian called out from the barbeque as he put the tray down, covering it with a tea towel.

He grinned at her, flashing perfect white teeth. He had a gorgeous smile.

"So, we get a bit of respite before the boss gets here," he continued. "His wife's a nightmare anyway."

Cassie smiled back and Damian approached her, suddenly taking her into his arms and kissing her.

"Just a few hours, Cassie, then it's all over for another year."

Cassie reached up and ran her hand through her husband's hair, saying, "You owe me big time."

"You say that every year."

"You owe me every year."

Damian bent his face down to his wife and kissed her again. Cassie felt herself thrill to the soft touch of his lips on hers.

"I pay you back every year," he murmured.

She jolted as her husband slapped her bottom playfully. Suddenly, he broke off the embrace, frowning.

"It's quiet. Too quiet. Where are the boys?"

She watched him leave, striding into the house, now preoccupied with his sons, and Cassie felt her heart melt. Damian reappeared a few moments later with the twins and a ball.

"Just a few minutes now, and then maybe later, after the people Daddy works with have gone home," he told them as he led them into the middle of the lawn.

She watched them throw and catch, leaning up against the trestle table with the neat rows of plastic party tumblers. Sam was the better thrower, and Charlie knew it. Cassie could see the rivalry as they competed with each other to return their father's throws. She lost herself in the moment, contentedly watching her family at play.

The doorbell rang. Reluctantly, she broke off and went to answer it, steeling herself. Just a few hours, Damian had said. Brenton was the boss, she reflected uncharitably, the one with the big CEO house; maybe next year he should host the work barbeque at his place. His wife could be the one making the effort. Composing her face into a welcoming smile, Cassie took a deep breath and opened the front door. Here we go, she thought.

---

The party was in full swing, people mingling and chatting on the lawn in the soft afternoon light, drinks sparkling in the sun. Damian had invited some of the clients as well, mixing business with pleasure. Cassie seemed to be constantly running around making sure the ice buckets were full and the snacks were topped up. The latter was a thankless task, as the bowls were constantly being emptied by the eager hands of a dozen children. Cassie had resorted to filling up two bowls and putting them in the tree house at the bottom of the garden, just to get the kids out of the way. Damian was holding court over at the barbeque, tongs in one hand and a beer in the other, flipping the steaks and joking with half a dozen men around him. He stole a quick glance over in her direction and made a pleading face, waggling his beer.

Cassie sighed, fishing a replacement from the ice and taking it over to him.

"Thank you," he said with a smile, opening it.

"I saw how busy you were," Cassie replied.

His companions laughed and she looked around them quickly, recognising a few that Damian had worked with for years, but seeing new faces too. Starling was expanding, taking on new hires. Yes, Cassie thought to herself, next year would be at the boss's house. Cassie's lawn wouldn't be big enough.

"Irony is," Cassie said to the group, "He's convinced he's the one doing all the cooking."

They all laughed again, and Cassie picked up the empty meat tray. She left them to it, threading her way back through the crowd, listening to the buzz of conversation over the background music. Yes, she thought, it was all going well. She allowed herself a moment to contemplate how Damian was going to be paying her back later and she smiled to herself in anticipation.

Through the press of bodies, Cassie got a glimpse of straight blonde hair. She looked again, but people were moving, obscuring her view. When at last she could see again, there was no-one there. Cassie cursed herself for her reaction; this was no time to be seeing enemies around every corner. She needed to keep it together, not have some shadow of her nemesis standing over her shoulder when she had such a nice party underway on such a beautiful day. Her mind drifted back to thoughts of her husband, tonight, naked in her bed, his muscled bulk above her, poised, ready to slide into her willing body. It gave her a lovely warm feeling.

Part of her knew what she'd done, the part with the psychology degree. Cassie had compartmentalised her life as a coping mechanism. Here, now, she was the devoted wife and mother, playing up to her gorgeous husband and anticipating a night of fun after the party was done.

There was also herself as Mistress Grace, in the other world of the Lost and Found, falling in with a new set of friends, broadening her horizons. She hadn't told Damian about it, and she justified her choice because she wasn't cheating on him, she was helping other people and exploring a new side to herself that one day, maybe, he would also want to see.

She had to be careful of this second life, this alter ego, of the damage it could cause if it became generally known that she was attending a kink club, embroiling herself in a world of power games, dominance, and submission. Just the thought of it created a gulf between her and the people standing around her at the party, a secret life that none of the guests, or indeed her husband, would have believed demure, motherly, thirty-something Cassie was capable of: her lethal little secret.

Then there was the third compartment, that tiny dark hole. The blonde hair, those green eyes, that cruel smile: the woman who was fucking her husband and making her watch. She had disassociated, a survival mechanism, but it didn't stop the hopeless, helpless, subservient feelings that rose up whenever she thought about it, how pathetic she was to let the younger woman take away her man and take control of her. She hated Lily, but she had begun to need the things that Lily did to her, the way Lily twisted Cassie around her little finger.

But today, the sun was bright, the kids were mostly behaving, and everyone was having a good time. Even Brenton's difficult wife seemed to be smiling, hovering by her husband's elbow as he made his way around his employees and clients. It would have been nice for her to acknowledge Cassie's efforts, Cassie thought bitterly, but that was okay. Brenton's wife would be hosting next year. Cassie smiled to herself, picking up the empty glasses and taking them into the kitchen to stack in the dishwasher. A couple of hours and this would all be over.

In the kitchen, Cassie bent down to load the dishwasher, sliding the rack in and setting a wash cycle. She checked the fridge and pulled out a tray of dips and sauces for the meats. When she straightened up, she felt eyes watching her and turned.

Lily was leaning against the door frame, a glass of wine in her delicate fingers. Cassie froze in shock. Her mouth opened, but she couldn't push the words out. It took her several agonizing moments to gather her wits.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cassie hissed, looking over Lily's shoulder at the crowd of people in the back garden.

"We're not being watched, Cassie. Damian's too busy impressing the underlings."

"How...?"

"Ah. Ask your husband, he's the one who invited me."

Lily crossed her arms, emphasising her cleavage and smiling smugly.

"There isn't going to be a scene is there?" she asked.

Cassie backed against the fridge, trying to work it out. Damian had kissed her on the lawn. She remembered the feeling of his strong hands grasping her bottom, the look in his eyes as he promised to repay the favour. At the same time, he would have known that his lover was coming to the party.

Cassie realised what was about to happen and knew she was powerless to stop it. A small, hopeless feeling gnawed in the pit of her stomach.

"What will you do?" she asked, her voice carefully neutral.

"Good girl," Lily grinned, "It's always better when we're on the same team."

The barb stuck, making Cassie contract in on herself. Worse, when Lily saw her words had hit their mark her smile grew wider.

"He's busy right now," Lily continued, "But I thought after he's served up the meat, that would be the best time. We'll just head discreetly upstairs. You'll be able to cover for us, won't you?"

Cassie didn't respond, overwhelmed by the audacity of the younger woman.

"This is too far," she hissed, finding her voice again, "My kids are here."

"Then you'd better make sure they don't go upstairs for a while. Opening the door on us, seeing us in your bed, well... I think it might have long-lasting consequences."

Lily advanced, brushing past Cassie to open the fridge. She pulled out a bottle and refilled her glass.

"I'm not drinking the slop you put out there," Lily told her, "I prefer something a little more high-end."

Standing together in the kitchen, Cassie found herself unable to move. Lily's hand settled in the small of Cassie's back, a delicate, intimate touch. She leaned in close.

"I like you like this, Cassie," she whispered, "So passive. You want to scream and shout, don't you? But you won't. You won't even make a sound. You'll just watch like my good little bitch as I walk towards the stairs with your husband following me."

Cassie felt the warmth of Lily's breath against her cheek.

"You're going to play happy families down here while your husband gets what he needs from a real woman. I imagine after having to endure all this time making nice with you, he's ready to lay me down on your bed and fuck me senseless. I just can't wait."

Lily kissed her cheek, sending shivers through Cassie's body.

"Then you and I are going to have a little time to ourselves, to work through our feelings and make sure we're on the same page. How does that sound? Is that okay?"

Lily paused, her face close, waiting.

"I asked you if that's okay, bitch."

Cassie screwed her eyes tightly shut, feeling the fingers of Lily's hand stroking the base of her spine. She wanted to run, but she couldn't. Trapped, humiliated, she eventually nodded.

"Good girl. Just like that, the hardest part's over."

The hand was removed, freeing Cassie from her clutches, and Lily brushed by her again. Cassie watched the younger woman walk back out into the sunshine, her hips wiggling delectably, leaving her victim standing mutely in the middle of the floor, cheeks burning with shame at not even putting up a protest, struggling to hold back the tears.

---

It took her a long time to pull herself together, but she knew she had to. At last, she left the quiet of the kitchen and rejoined the party, mingling with the guests. Damian was dishing up the meat onto plates, laughing and joking as everyone lined up. Before, she would have been able to watch him all day like that, enjoying the way he smiled, his easy demeanour, the sparkle in his eyes as he delivered some small witticism. But now all she felt inside was a cold dread, her face a mask to try and disguise the turmoil within.

She watched Lily step forward to receive a steak. She said something and Damian laughed. Cassie felt like she'd been stabbed. Numbly, she lined up behind and eventually it was her turn to be served.

"Steak or chicken?" Damian asked, flashing her an arresting smile.

"I don't mind."

Cassie's lips shaped into a smile, but her heart sank.

"Uh, okay. Chicken?" he said, "Skip the red meat?"

"Sure."

Damian deposited a couple of drumsticks on her plate.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. It's just all go. I need some food onboard I think."

"Plenty more."

Cassie nodded and turned away, part of her relieved to have finished the conversation without bursting into tears. Across the grass, Lily caught her eye, watching her over the rim of her wine glass, the green eyes hard and calculating. She was standing with three of Damian's male colleagues and only now did Cassie notice something that she should have seen a long time ago.

The men were engaged in conversation with Lily, but they would glance occasionally over to where Cassie stood. The realisation chilled her to the bone: they all knew. Damian's little affair was an open secret and no-one had taken Cassie's side over her husband's. Cassie turned away, reeling, her gaze sweeping across the assemblage of guests. His friends knew all about Lily. How many more? How many of the people standing right here in her backyard knew that she had been replaced, superseded by a young blonde with a willowy, lithe body and sparkling emerald eyes? She suddenly felt isolated, a foreigner in her own house. The smiles and the jokes took on a sinister overtone now; they all knew and they'd been talking about her behind her back as she played the dutiful little wife while her husband took another woman to bed.

Cassie shuffled hurriedly into the kitchen and dropped the food into the bin, grasping the edge of the white stone top as if to save herself from falling. This was too much. If only Billie had been invited, or Morgan, or Tia, some oasis she could run to and escape the prying eyes, the looks of pity.

But, she was on her own, without any backup. Out there, in her own back garden, they were whispering among themselves, they were laughing at her. They all knew Damian was fucking a younger woman and Cassie had been replaced. Coloured by this lens, every little look, every offhand comment took on a deeper meaning. She had counted some of them a close friends, but each one of them had made a decision, picked a side, and it wasn't hers. No, they were all on team Damian; no-one cared about Cassie's side of the equation. Cassie seethed with the sheer unfairness of it all, seeing for the first time how Lily and Damian had so completely reduced her to a laughing stock in the middle of her own barbeque party.

The boys. Yes, she would take care of the boys, be the good mother and make sure they ate. She could marshal all the kids: it would give her a purpose. Cassie raised herself up and took a deep breath. She marched out into the backyard to the tree-house and called the gaggle of children down to eat.

Damian approached, patting her on the shoulder.

"I think we need some more ice. You okay here?"

"I can hold the fort, yes."

"Thanks."

Cassie turned, wanting to call out to him, to say anything that would stop him, but his back was already turned and he was walking away. She watched him go, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw a blonde head turn and then begin to follow him.

"Come on Sam," she said, her voice rasping as she shifted her attention to her son, "You need to pick something. You can't just have bread."

---

It took her a while to get the boys settled with a plate each and food. She sat with them on the grass while they ate, her hands straying to touch their hair or pat a shoulder, reaching out to feel the connection with her children while she knew their father was upstairs, his bare body pressed up against his gorgeous, young blonde lover. Cassie cursed herself for her weakness.

She could wander inside, stand at the foot of the stairs, go up. It would be the most believable thing in the world to open the door to her own bedroom and discover her husband betraying her. The entire thing would be done in moments, finally an end to the months of misery. It would be easy; all she had to do was stand up and go.

Sam finished his plate first and discarded it on the grass as he got up to race back to the treehouse. Charlie was right behind him, half a sausage abandoned in his eagerness to rejoin his brother. Cassie gathered the plates and stood. One minute, that was all it needed.

A calm descended on her as she put the plates on the trestle table. Her hands weren't shaking, the fear had left her. This was it.

Cassie walked across the lawn towards the kitchen, each step more assured, her chin higher. She strode through the kitchen, almost reaching the door but just then Lily appeared in the doorway, fussing with her blouse, her hair falling loose across her face. She looked up at Cassie as she gathered the blonde strands into a ponytail and used a hair tie to keep it in place. Cassie's steps faltered.

"Ah, now what are you doing?" Lily asked. Her expression was one of faint amusement, her cheeks still slightly flushed.

Cassie folded her arms defiantly.

"Oh, so you're going to wait for Damian to come down the stairs, tucking his shirt in, and give him the inquisition, are you? Is that your plan? Inspired."

"This has to stop."

Lily shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah, I guess it does."

She laid an arm across Cassie's shoulders, her other hand reaching into her back pocket.

"You can wait all day to catch him, but he's not up there. He already left to go get ice," Lily said, "Just now. After we'd finished."

Lily gave Cassie's shoulders a squeeze. She produced her phone.

"Thanks for playing, Cassie. But first, let's review what the stakes are."

With one hand, Lily opened up her video gallery and began to play. Cassie stared at the little screen, as the video showed herself kneeling in her walk-in wardrobe with a blindfold on, mouth opening to accept the crotch of the woman filming the exchange.

Lily nuzzled Cassie's ear. "You're such a good little pussy licker, bitch. Look at how much you enjoy it."

Cassie wanted to look away, but she couldn't. The video ended with her blindfold being removed, freezing on a close-up of Cassie's juice-slickened face, eyes wide and hopeless, conquered. Lily used her arm around Cassie's shoulders to wheel her around and propel her through the doorway to the foot of the stairs. But, instead of going up, Lily directed her into the downstairs toilet, pulling the door closed behind them. She pushed Cassie down until she was on her knees. Cassie fought it for a moment, then her knees gave way and she sank to the floor in front of the younger woman.

"You still got some fight left, bitch?" Lily mocked, locking the door. "Let's see. Enough to stand your mother's breaking heart when she finds that video of her daughter eating another woman out in her inbox? Enough to face your mummy chummies at the school gate?"

Lily unbuttoned her trousers and pulled them down, letting them fall around her feet. She slipped her little black g-string down her legs and it joined her trousers on the floor. She stood over Cassie, looking down at her with distain, naked below the waist. With one hand she gently spread herself, showing Cassie the milky white traces of Damian's enjoyment of her.

oneagainst
oneagainst
1,487 Followers
12