All Comments on 'When Ordinary Isn't Ch. 05'

by WillDevo

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Another winner. I enjoyed this chapter and the way you focused on Eric. I liked how you made him more human and showed him as a person. I look forward to reading more. 5 stars. Thanks for your time and imagination.

bj59bj59about 4 years ago

A great addition to a fun story. Thanks for the time and imagination to weave a great tale..

mcollectmcollectabout 4 years ago
Continues to be a great read

Like the way you continue to let the characters evolve. Keep up the great writing!

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 4 years ago

Really enjoying this!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Absolutely Great!

Can't wait to read more. Well developed characters, intriguing plot with vividly painted locations. Please continue writing and post soon.

I myself, met and married a Peggy like character, although truthfully we were both broke at the time. But the love we continue to share after 31 years of being together isn't lost on either one of us.

Time to take it home, move through the conflict, and produce the happily ever after.

Thank you for writing and sharing

Spyauth

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoying and 5 * but...

Enjoying so far, but I think you need to head to the happy ending. Don't throw in some dang monkey wrench which then requires fixing.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
Downhill all the way...

This chapter is so loaded with worthless, trivial detail that I won't even comment on it. The food, the ranch staff, the talk with air traffic control, parking the plane in the hanger. Boring is an understatement. But the thing that really set me off was when Lance and Eric sat down with some reasonably good bourbon and finished off a 750 ml bottle of it in one sitting. It probably can be done without getting sick, but you have to be a very regular drinker to do it. It takes practice and is certainly a waste of good bourbon because after a couple of drinks you wouldn't be able to taste it any more. I am a bourbon drinker (Knob Creek is my poison) and I wouldn't insult the stuff with more than a few ounces in a sitting. When I was in the Army in my 20's I witnessed some experienced drinkers sit down and put away half a bottle of whiskey at the O-club in an evening and get so drunk that they had to sleep away half the next day to sober up. It took literally until noon or later before they were sober. To think that Lance was getting into a plane and fly himself home the next morning after knocking off a half bottle of bourbon the night before tells me that the author hasn't the foggiest idea of what liquor does to the drinker. You really have to do your research. Another black mark against the female author - not only a plethora of detail, but a misguided view of what the male social drinker is capable of. You're down to 2* and sinking. I'll skim the rest to get this out of my system, but i won't read any others that are Devo's work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay. Overcritical is an idiot.

This chapter is so far one of the best! FIVE Stars!

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardalmost 3 years ago

Hmm... with a name like overcritical, who would have thought that you're not just over critical, but an absolute douche as well. If you don't like a story, then vote and shut up... or stop reading and go away... some of us like a story with character development and reality built in.

Devo... I love this story, and will continue to read all of (both of) your stories. I favorited y'all a while back, and rarely comment on stories more than "I like it" or "thanks", but I can't let idiots trash someone who doesn't deserve it without speaking up.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Loved it, apart from the cigars that is, ugh!

oldpantythiefoldpantythief7 months ago

Still very worth reading again. Love how everything is coming together for Eric and Peggy. It must be tough to have more money than you can count, thank goodness I don't have that problem to worry about, lol.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWillDevo@WillDevo
Latest news: (1/2/24): The updates to our "seasonal" tale, "The Flight Before Christmas," are up now. It's only some corrections and style changes, so go ahead and read it any time if you're up for some holiday-based erotica. (11/28/23): Before anyone writes a scathing commen...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES