When the Broken Pieces... Pt. 02

Story Info
The boys get to know each other.
5.9k words
4.77
4k
1

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/10/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Levi POV

I had run to town for groceries and needed to talk with Brandon about what was going on. I ran to his house and Mel told me he was at a site, he owned his own construction company. He was also a volunteer firefighter with me, this is how we had gotten to be such good friends . He wouldn't be home until late but she had some bags that Andrew's brother had dropped off for him. It sounded like his dad got a hold of everything else and it wasn't pretty. She then insisted on going with me to get groceries because I would just get more frozen meals and red meat because I couldn't cook to save my life. This was one of Mel's favorite topics and she loves to haze me about my lack of cooking abilities. She wouldn't give me the full story either saying it was his story to tell and he would need someone to talk to just give him time.

I was still trying to figure out Mel's angle when I pulled into the drive and grabbed my first load. I could hear the girls getting wound up and opened the door to let them out when I saw Andrew in the kitchen clutching a hammer as if his life depended on it, I was a bit confused and a little amused until I saw the look of terror on his face before he lost it. The tears started rolling and he was having a hard time catching his breath. I set my groceries down and walked over to him slowly like he was a freighted deer I didn't want to blot. I took the hammer and set it on the counter and led him to the sun porch. I had to wrap an arm around his waist to help keep him up and he kept mumbling

" I thought . . . my dad" and "I panicked" "I'm sorry".

"Hey, it's ok I got you and no ones going to hurt you here. You're going to be just fine. It's OK, just breathe, you got this."

I led him to the porch swing and sat down next to him. He was still sobbing and trying to catch his breath. I pulled him next to me trying to keep some pressure on him to relive the panic and to reassure him I was here. It took about 5 mins for him to catch his breath and start to breathe normally. I kept pressure on his back, careful of his injuries. His arms were wrapped around his knees and his head was placed on top. He looked to fail and broken in that moment and I had no idea how to fix it. He was getting himself under control, I could feel the muscles in his back relaxing. He started to ease himself back onto the swing and was laying with his head back trying to keep everything in check.

"I promise I will be right back, but I need to get those groceries before the dogs make a mess of them, just sit here for a minute and breathe."

He bobbed his head but didn't move otherwise I gently eased myself off the swing and went into the house to get the cold stuff put away. I think it was time we talked about what exactly was going on. I got the bags off the floor, so the dogs wouldn't think they could have any of that. I grabbed a mug and put some hot chocolate milk and rum into it to help sooth his nerves. This was something my grandmother did when I was young and It always reminded me of her.

I returned to the sun porch with the mug in hand to find him still in the swing with his head resting on the back and eyes closed. He could have been sleeping if I didn't know any better. My heart went out to this kid, I just wanted to help him. I knew I would need to handle this delicately, which was not my specialty. I would need to keep my needs in check while he was healing. . His face was swollen from the blows yesterday and the crying he was doing. I grabbed a box of tissues on the way and settled into the swing next to him.

"I have some chocolate milk with rum, if you want it might help your nerves a bit"

He peeked out at me from under his lashes and slowly sat up and took the mug. I set the tissues next to us and waited for him to make the next move. I would give this kid all the time he needed, and I would wait until he was ready. He took a long sip and stretched his legs out. I looked out the big picture windows that covered the south side of the in-closed porch. The trees were finally looking fuller, It had been a late and rainy spring. I was ready for the weather to change and for summer to start.

"I just graduated from East U and I was excited for the next chapter in my life" he started "I came out at college, but I wasn't ready to tell my parents. I didn't think they would take it well. I really didn't have a reason to until Chet came along, he and I were good together. I had met his parents and he kept pushing me to meet mine. I thought about doing it at graduation but decided to just introduce him as a friend. I told him it would be better to tell them at home, so they wouldn't feel ambushed. He was upset but agreed, I didn't have a car, so he drove me home with all my stuff. He was moving to Long Valley for a job, it's only a 45 mins drive from here and I was going to live at home until I could find a job and save up some money and maybe move closer to Chet."

He was starting to have trouble and took a moment to sip his drink and close his eyes. I was wondering why he didn't just move in with Chet and where was this guy that made him come out to his parents. This just didn't seem right something was missing but I would just have to wait until he was done. I think he was getting to the hard part and I didn't want to stop him. I could see how pale he looked under all the bruises.

"I should tell you that Stan is my step dad. My mom married him when I was 1, Brandon is actually my step-brother from his first marriage. My dad died when I was really little, and Stan has been the only dad I have ever known. He was good to me and my mom Karen, they even had two girls together."

He paused after this, he seemed to be collecting himself. It took him a few moments to start talking again. I just sat quietly listening to him trying to be supportive without interrupting his story.

"We got to my parents and he helped me unload my stuff. I went to reintroduce Chet and he walked up to me and put an arm around my waist." He paused, taking a breath his eyes were lost in the memory and silent tears were sliding down his cheek.

"I saw him as my father but apparently, he can't have a FAG for a son. I came out to them and my dad freaked, called me all sorts of awful names and told me I was worthless and he wished he'd never called me son. Chet was able to get me out of the house."

He paused regret filling his eyes but he continued in almost a whisper.

"My mom was trying to calm him down, but he wasn't having it, he kept punching things and yelling. I told Chet I couldn't just leave my mom in there with him and He just said, 'I'm sorry but this is your mess, I can't do this' and he got in his car and left me."

His tears had stopped now, and Andrew looked numb telling his story. He had a black stare looking across the porch.

"I was heartbroken by his words, but I didn't have the time. My mom was alone in the house with that man. I don't know what I was planning on doing, maybe just get my stuff and leave but as soon as I stepped foot in the house he started to attack me. He was hitting and kicking everything he could get his hands on."

"I blacked out for a while when I came too everything hurt I could hear Stan and my mom yelling at each. Then I heard Brandon's voice and he was yelling too. My mom had called him to calm Stan down and stop him from hurting me. Brandon had moved me into the bathroom and was blocking the door, so Stan couldn't get to me. Stan just kept saying he needed to beat the FAG out of me and then everything could go back to the way it was. Marcus showed up, he and Brandon got me out to the car. Marcus wanted me to press charges, but I just couldn't do that to my family, I had already done enough damage."

He looked so sad and broken in this moment. I wanted nothing more than to gather him in my arms and tell him everything was going to be OK. This boy had been hurt and wronged and I felt for the justice he deserved. My hands were balled into fist and I had the strong urge to hit something. I took a few calming breaths so as not to scare the kid.

"Marcus took me to the clinic to get checked out. Once they released me he then brought me here."

He finished shrugging his shoulders as if to say that all. I wanted to kill Stan with my bare hands. I had never felt so much hatred for a man. Anderew did not deserve to be treated in such a way and Stan needed to be punished for what he did.

I was also mad at his mom and brother for not protecting him, they were his family and they had let him down. Most of all I wanted to find this Chet and castrate him for telling Andrew to come out and then abandoning him to his family when it didn't go well. I kept clenching and unclenching my fists wanting to hit something badly. I looked over at Andrew and my anger vanished. He had so much pain in his eyes,he looked lost and broken he didn't need my anger right now.

"I'm sorry that your family treated you like that, no one deserves to be punished for who they are, you can help that your gay any more than you can help that you have dark hair and grey eyes."

He looked up at me after the last statement and I forgot where I was going with that train of thought.

"Also your boyfriend sounds like an ass for leaving you." I looked away not wanting to look at the beautiful stormy eyes for the moment.

"Ex" he interjected when I said boyfriend

"Sorry Ex-boyfriend, you deserve better. I promise while you are under my roof I won't left them hurt you again."

I squeezed his shoulder and he sighed and leaned into my side still sipping his mug or rum and milk. He felt good almost right sitting next to me and we sat in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable" he broke the silence. "It's just so nice to feel safe and you make me feel safe for some reason."

This made me smile and It felt good to be needed. "I don't have a problem with this" responded and we sat like that for another half an hour, until his stomach started to rumble.

"We should get you fed before you wither away, I'm not much of a cook but Mel helped me pick a few things out, hoping you know your way around a kitchen better than I do. Also, I got some bags your brother dropped off at their place sounds like he got what he could."

"I hope my computer is not ruined. That was really expensive and I have a few client's websites I'm working on and I'm going to need the money." He said walking out of the room.

I was relieved to see him pull the computer out and boot it up with no issues, he seemed satisfied and put it away. Next he pulled out some glasses, and a contact case.

"Thanks goodness" he sighed, popping out his contacts and putting his glasses on. "My eye was killing me. They took one contact out yesterday when they examined me and I didn't want to be half blind anymore!"

I couldn't get over how Hot he looked with those glasses framing his dark grey eyes. Here he sat and in my clothes, it was everything I could do to keep my hands to myself.

"You look good in glasses" WHAT?!?! did I just say that out loud, that was so stupid I turned around and started putting some the groceries away, maybe he didn't hear me.

"Thanks, Chet always wanted me to wear my contacts, he said it made me look older. He was always telling me I had a baby face and I needed them to fix it."

His ex sounded like an ass making him change just himself and not accepting him. I just shrugged and kept silent not wanting to say more so I would embarrass myself more. He had finished his other bag and said he had some clothes at least and his electronics so he was pleased with what he had but would need my WiFi info or he could get a hot spot on his phone.

"I have it I just don't know my password, the guy set it up and hooked my PlayStation up but I'm not good with this stuff so that all the further I've gotten."

I showed him my office with the router and computer and it took him two minutes and he had my name and password written down for future use.

"I went into the military straight out of high school and spent 8 years serving. I never really took the time to figure this stuff out like everyone else my age did." I shrugged, throwing my hands up.

"I don't mind it makes me feel useful, just let me know if there's anything else I can do!" he said on the way back to the kitchen.

"In that case how about some supper I'm starving" He just smiled back at me and started to fix a supper that was delicious. I offered to do dishes but he just waved me off and said this is his territory now and didn't need me to mess it up.

"I'm going to work on the mud room for a while and I have to go into work tomorrow. Are you going to be OK for the day or is there anything you need?" I asked watching him elbow deep in the dishes and loving the view of his backside that I was getting.

"No, with WiFi I can work on some of my websites to keep busy and I don't have to worry about being seen just yet I could look for anyone that's hiring IT, maybe find a job and get a place of my own. You know move on with my life." He laughed as if it was a joke but it just made me feel sad. I don't think I was ready to let him go and I sure wasn't ready to look into these feelings I was having for him.

"No rush, I haven't eaten this good in years I'm not ready to give up my live-in cook just yet." I acknowledge as I went out the door to work in the shop on the cupboards I had taken out of the mudroom.

I spent longer than planned working in the shop and thinking about this man that was suddenly in my home and surprising how much I liked what was happening. I entered the house, fed the dogs and locked up the doors. I saw a light on the sun porch and found Andrew typing away deep in thought on his computer.

"Hey I'm going to head up for the night" I let him know not meaning to startle him as he jumped at the sound of my voice. He glanced up and nodded

" When I leave in the morning I'll make sure to lock up behind me and the dogs will act as a warning system if anyone comes. You can just hide up in my room and there is a landline in the kitchen if you need to call anyone. From what I know they don't know where you are staying and Marcus will keep his lips sealed. I'll leave my cell number by the phone and don't hesitate to call for any reason. My days are spent on the road a lot so I'm free to talk if I answer. OK?"

Thanks" he responded "for everything but thanks for helping me feel safe, this is not how I planned on starting my summer but thanks for helping me through all this and listening to me."

I nodded my OK and went up, I stripped to my boxes and just finished using the toilet when I heard something in the next room.

Andrew POV

It was a long and emotional day he needed to go to bed but it was nice to feel normal for a moment working on some websites. Work always made him forget his problem for a while and just focused on his projects. Levi came in to say goodnight and it was sweet, he looked so rugged and handsome in his jeans and flannel shirt, he shouldn't be thinking these thoughts about a guy that was obviously straight, but it didn't mean he could check out the merchandise. He was definitely looking at his ass when he left and had all kinds of daydreams about being a kept man. Not that he wouldn't earn his keep but when you're feeling this low about life sometimes it's OK to think about hiding away from it all.

He still had not powered up his phone and didn't plan on it yet, but he knew he must deal with all of it at some point. He wondered if Chet had even texted him or called to see if he was OK after he left him to deal with 'his mess' as he had put it. Maybe he needed to forget him, but it was hard they had been together for almost a year and he didn't want to waste it over his stupid family, but he didn't know if he could take him back after the way he left him.

He was brave when Levi had talked about him he made sure he called him an ex but there was history and Andrew was alone. His head hurt and it was time to go to bed before he spent any more time worrying about something that could be fixed until later. He packed up the computer and realized he needed to pee, but the only bathroom was in Levi's bedroom, maybe he could pee outside? Nope! He couldn't do it so up the stairs he went.

He was outside his door about to knock when he remembered that he told him not to knock because the dogs would go crazy. I slowly opened the door and called out his name but I didn't see him, he must be in the bathroom. I said his name again. Suddenly he appeared in the door of the bathroom only wearing a tight pair of boxers. I had lost the ability to speak. This man was built, he had a hard chest covered in light brown hair.I could almost imagine running my hands through it and how it would feel. He had muscles in all the right places and the amazing little v that led your eyes to his happy tail that ended in quite a large bulge that I was having trouble looking away.

"Need something?" his deep rumbly voice broke me out of my trance as I looked up, blushing to my roots I'm sure.

"I needed to pee and you told me not to knock sorry if I interrupted you or something I didn't. . . . . . " I trail off as he started to laugh.

"Not a problem I should have asked before I came up, might be good to work on the downstairs toilet sooner rather than later" he said as he motioned for me to head in and do my business.

God I hope not because I was enjoying the view and could get used to this! I slipped by him to relieve myself before washing up and heading out.

"Thanks" I said on my way by and he just nodded in my direction, olive got off the floor and followed me over to my room again. I didn't shut my door all the way so she could come and go as needed and slipped under the covers to get some rest.

. . .

Suddenly, I was wide awake and I thought I had heard someone screaming. I had been having the worst nightmare about what had happened to me. Stan had me and was hitting me repeated while my family watched. I felt panicked when Levi came bolting into the room clad only in boxers and he had a bat in his hands.

"What happened, are you OK?" he asked and that's when it hit me. I was the one who had been screaming.

The tears started to roll down my face and I couldn't breathe, this was twice today that I was reduced to a blubbering mess in front of him. Realization dawned on his face and he set the bat down and sent the dogs out. He then gathered me into his arms and held me tight, how was it he knew exactly what I needed when I didn't even know that. His hands rubbed my back and stroked my hair. He was so gentle with my tender body and he made me feel safe in his arms. It took me awhile to settle down and take a normal breath.

"I'm sorry I just can't seem to keep it together, I had the worst dream and I was back where Stan was beating me and I couldn't get away. My whole family just watched. I felt awful, and no matter what I did he would stop."

I felt better getting all of that out, Levi just kept soothing me and saying soft words and he held me. I've never been with a guy who treated me like I was valued. They guys I dated were not as emotionally connected as I would have liked. I tended to find the assholes to date. Chet had been nice to me but he never wanted to cuddle he only ever wanted sex and then he would leave and go back to his apartment. Maybe there was hope yet that I could find a guy for me, to bad Levi wasn't gay.

"I've had some nasty dreams from when I was overseas. I had a hard time talking about them but it's nice, when I wake up, that I'm not alone it helps me. That's why I got the dogs and they do help but having someone to hold or be held by is so much better."

He talked quietly into my ear and it helped to calm me and before long I could feel the tug of sleep and I was out for the rest of the night. I wasn't sure if I heard the last part right. He had almost sound wishful in some ways.

12