All Comments on 'Where No One Has Gone Before Pt. 01'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
TexScotTexScotalmost 3 years ago

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 3 years ago

What more could anyone ask for from SaddleTramp? 5 by 5 and five stars as well.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 3 years ago
I am definitely hooked on this tale!!!!!

What a great start/continuation to The Armstrong Incident! Extremely well done! I look forward to following this!!!!!!.

guildmanguildmanalmost 3 years ago

My favorite from you Saddletramp. Looking forward to more of this story arc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoying this one.

Waiting to see where the tale takes us.

Cheers

looney67looney67almost 3 years ago

Looking forward to the next episode

Brittanyduran86Brittanyduran86almost 3 years ago

5 stars, please do more space stories

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Wow! Impressive! I didn't read The Armstrong Incident since I don't read the Sci-Fi on this site and almost passed on this one but got hooked scanning the first few paragraphs. My bad. Now I'll have to circle back and see what I missed. Really impressed with this first chapter of this tale. Looking forward to the future installments. Take us for a ride ST!

Cheers

SAGE

Winger534Winger534almost 3 years ago

What a great start to the Tramp Space Oddessy! Hope there are many more chapters to see!

Long Live The Tramp!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Excellent...as always! Nice, even pace; great character development; very even balance of back-story, that is well-seeded and folded into the present plot; one of the best storytelling 'voices' and reader connections on this site. 5/5+!!!

.

Well-done! Looking forward to 'flying along' to the end of this voyage!

.

Thanks again for such amazing offerings!

rnebularrnebularalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. The characters are rich and well developed, and the pace of this story is great. I think we have a lot more to learn about Enterprise and her crew, and Saddletramp is just getting started. No clichés here, just some good entertainment and a few nice little throwbacks to a bygone era.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Rnebular

EasyReader44EasyReader44almost 3 years ago

Fantastic start to your epic space saga, keep up the good writing.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

I loved the subtle and not-so subtle ST references. Only real nit would be going from hot chocolate to 69 faster than the jump to FTL between the two newly minted, scientifically optimal lovebirds.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

Yup, this is going to be a fun good'er story. Only one thing that I would have thought would have been advanced "I'm on the pill"??? Really, they had not perfected a better method with less side affects for women or men? No Science officer or Medical Officer?

/

Just hope the bubble does not collapse in the jump. But very interesting solution to the comm problem, that was ingenious even Rodenberry would salute.

/

6*, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Any story that refers to Classical Gas AND the Alice's Restaurant Massacree is a winner!

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 3 years ago

I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of this story. A great start from another great story!

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 3 years ago

Oh boy such a great start to a new series of stories. Pls continue this it has so much potiential for greatness. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved this one!

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Loved this! Looking forward to more

DMaster_14DMaster_14almost 3 years ago
Excellent read

thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next chapter.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_waralmost 3 years ago

Great story ST......can't wait for the next installment. I am a classic "Trekkie" and think you honored Mr Roddenberry. Also, I'll admit to pulling up songs on my phone to listen as I read.

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

Great story! Enjoyed it immensely!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Loved it, ST! Gene, would be proud of such an effort! Great story!

technofrog2002technofrog2002almost 3 years ago

I loved it

This new genre is great, I look forward to more like it. Very well written and good character development.

mac1729mac1729almost 3 years ago

A great follow up story I eagerly await the next chapter 5 Stars

SirCarlSirCarlalmost 3 years ago

Exceptionally well thought-out, written, and presented. Keep up the good work!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Wow! Really a fun read! Looking forward to the next chapter!!!!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
YES

Yes, Great start for another Space adventure. Looking forward to more.

5💥💥💥💥💥!

QuantumMechanic1957QuantumMechanic1957almost 3 years ago

Wonderful start to the series. The characters are developing nicely. Drew me in quite effortlessly. Very easy read, like a good glass of VO and 7 in front of a fireplace, and still had building tension for the upcoming launch. Looking forward to the developing adventure.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Very nicely done! Glad you returned to Bill Jones, he’s an interesting character. Looking forward to more.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensalmost 3 years ago

5* I enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My 2 cents

I like how you mix the people with the sci-fy aspect of the story. I like the personal banter between the characters. I love the story line and look forward to where you take this. 5/5 stars. Thanks for your time and imagination.

kylady76kylady76almost 3 years ago

loved it just love your work but the song's I normally read in quiet room even when reading with my partner but you picked the song's and I just had to play them one I must admit I'v not heard in far to many years. so thanks for the story and thank's for song's they worked dam well together. p.s keep your ears dry.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 3 years ago
Only one thing

Why Enterprise? In me mind already popped Kirk , Spock and others.

Another name without the history had, be me opinion, better fit.

Without this good start.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 3 years ago
Outstanding!

ST has rocketed into the stratosphere with this series. Great plot, believable Sci-Fi backdrop, clear and likable characters, and a bit of humor.

Writing is near perfect with the occasional her/she pronoun confusions and the consistent errors in using "laid" as the past tense for "to lie."

Fellow readers, this author is doing us a great service providing near professional level writing on a freebie site. We can only hope he does not make the jump and leave us in his dust.

Keep 'em comin'.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 3 years ago

A top-notch sci-fi story. I waited until this was all posted to read & respond: absolutely worth the wait, and I have to say that I hope there is more coming!

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

Outstanding! Well written and enjoyable. Thanks.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Wow... I am definitely gonna like this series of yours!!! Thanks

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Another rousing story start. Am loving your change in category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I'm surprised you've heard of Alice's Restaurant I remember when I first heard it (a very long time ago).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story can not wait to read more now that i stared i cant wait to finish and i remember Alice s from the real early 70S been an Arlo fan ever since got me humming it now

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have succeeded in holding my interest in this series as well as making me feel very very old. Not only do I remember all of the "oldies" mentioned, I also remember most of the words and chords to those ghosts from the past. Even worse was recalling my frequent train rides back in the early 60's from Cantonment, Florida to Louisville, Kentucky on the City of New Orleans' route from New Orleans to Chicago. Once during a trip going south over a Christmas break the conductor actually ask us to quiet down the hootananny that developed after a stop in Elisabeth City where students from several schools merged and started enjoying the holidays.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A wonderful homage to Star Trek! And the selection of songs was impressive- Classical Gas and Alice's Restaurant. Brought back memories of the late 60's. Thank you, ST!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Lots of good comments re the music choices, but nobody plays songs from 100+yrs in the past other than classical/trad folk types, but I guess from reading ST56’s other stories they’re particular favourites of his/hers. Music aside, the space side of the story is good, and more of that and less 60’s tunes would be great! I suspect I’ll have incoming from that, so… shields up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I didn’t expect such a well written Sci-fi story from the Saddletramp but am very pleased. Can’t wait to continue the journey. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

4 STARS- Very well written piece but uhm... if I'm not mistaken Einstein's theory of relativity dictates that by the time this ship reaches its destination (traveling at light speed), many many years will have passed back on earth... warp bubble or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Far better than anything on the TV; just fascinated with the story and everything else. Of course, having someone bunking with me on a deployment would be beyond real. Nevertheless, I cannot imagine something like that passing muster in these times (2022); perhaps in the fast forward decades. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sounds like a lot of your readers are from the same generation as I am from; old but not dead. One point of clarification is the communication phrase of "5 by " or "5 by 5". The expression came from the WWll age of radio signals meaning that the transmitted information was received on a strong signal and was clear and easy to understand: loud and clear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story. I would encourage commenters to step and away from the science comments. Best to enjoy the story and argue science somewhere else. Rimmerdal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the first part, however, I was somewhat disconcerted when I read that Leesa and Bill ate filet mignon, WHERE IS THE BLOODY LASAGNA?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written, good characters, but, for my taste, way too much detail it doesn't need, resulting in a very slow pace. I hope the ship gets to it's destination faster than the story.

Strand

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Damn, I wish I could give this first episode 10 stars! Forgot how good this is. Thanks ST! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

HelgamiteHelgamite6 months ago

Looked up the song on YouTube and had a ball laughing with it! Well worth listening to!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...