All Comments on 'Where No One Has Gone Before Pt. 02'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
tizwickytizwickyalmost 3 years ago

Five star effort, the story really captured my imagination.

PwaymanPwaymanalmost 3 years ago

Another excellent and well-crafted story. I almost felt I was aboard the ship at times. More, please.

Winger534Winger534almost 3 years ago

Space Tramp does it again! I love how you write! Everything connects...Everything in its place....I have a feeling though that Bill and his Ex Wife will be encountering each other again though. Space Pirates maybe? She gets involved with them as one of their Shuttle Pilots, perhaps?

Awesome!

EasyReader44EasyReader44almost 3 years ago

Love it, counting the days for the next chapter. Double thumbs up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't usually read the Sci=Fi stories .. not my cup of tea. The title and synopsis intrigued me and I really enjoyed the story. I'm going to check out some of your other stories. 5 stars all around on this one.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Excellent. I recognized the tie-ins to your other story seri’, and it was kind of obvious that someone in the Kirk lineage should appear. Still, maybe the best was the reporter: Duncan Wyoming, with Bill’s family from Idaho. A very nice respect for Herbert and his Dune epic.

SlofredSlofredalmost 3 years ago

5 stars for sure. AGAIN.... Now when do the Pirates attack and of course the EX will be the pilot of the Pirate ship. I also expect to see the pair of them take on pirates in low to zero G . Thank you for sharing with us all.

Mike9947Mike9947almost 3 years ago

These 3 are the first of your work I have encountered. They are really good - good story, excellent writing, and void of annoying typos and weak grammar. Clearly all 5s in my opinion.

I would have liked more explicit sex - the sort of fade to black approach doesn’t really work for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So... Tabby will return as a space pirate? ;)

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

"Dammit, Commander, I'm a doctor, not a babysitter," had me laughing so hard. Thanks for this gem amidst the rest of a very good story.

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

Enjoyed these stories immensely! Can't wait for the next one!

johsunjohsunalmost 3 years ago

Well I got an idea what was coming when first he dreamed of the 'prison' version of his ex, and then read about the 'space pirates'. Yup, I can see a pirate attack on their first class trip to earth, and guess who'll be on the pirate crew and looking for vengeance.

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 3 years ago

Very very very good story line pls keep it coming. It has so much potential n possibilities.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingeralmost 3 years ago

"I'm a doctor not a......." classic. and I loved the Oscar Warren tie in. I think i'm going to have to read it several times to see if I missed any more connections. Love love love this story so far. Cant wait for the next installment.

FyreHeartFyreHeartalmost 3 years ago

Great chance of pace from the normal stories. Would love to see you continue this one.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Loved this. Especially the cameos and Kirk showing up... loved the attention to detail.

5^ for sure

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Good story. I usually don't read Sci-Fi here but this I like. Maybe its the author!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My 2 cents

5/5 stars. Love the story and the characters. The plot was good and left you plenty of room to expand on it in future stories. I hope to see more. Thanks for your time and Imagination.

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Save Dick's Dick?

Epic

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You just might be the most gifted author I've read in a long, long time! While I'm working my way through all of your adds, this series might be one of the ones I've enjoyed the most. Please do us all a favor and continue writing, and not just this series!

Bigsarge89Bigsarge89almost 3 years ago

Another hit my man. Keep it up.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 3 years ago

This is a great story.

QuantumMechanic1957QuantumMechanic1957almost 3 years ago

5 of 5. Wonderful story with great plot and pacing. Character development is excellent. You wouldn't think twice about inviting them over for 4th of July BBQ, especially if they bring a certain guitar along. Very much looking forward to the next chapter.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_waralmost 3 years ago

ST.....another great story. Gave it 5 stars and read it the day it was released. I'm commenting now, hoping you will elaborate to all us SaddleTramp fans as to whether or not this series is continuing.

Please reply and let us know. Never let a "naysayer" get you down, brother you are a classic storyteller.

lerenardruselerenardrusealmost 3 years ago

I've just read both chapters, without a break. What a great story, loved the backdrop, love the characters and their journey so far. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956almost 3 years agoAuthor

For those who have been wondering, yes, there is a third chapter coming and it has already been submitted. I hope to see it live in a few days. There is certainly room for more, and I may very well keep the story going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
One of the best

Great science fiction with people who appear to be very real.

Obviously a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely magnificent best story I’ve ever read on the internet,Very talented author.More of this please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hi! Loving this story! When will part 3 be posted?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hi. Some thoughts about your story. You've created compelling characters and put them in a dramatic setting, that of being the 1st FTL trip, to a nearby star with planets no less. Unfortunately, then nothing happens. For all of the character development, the trip could have been to a Club Med, or even in a Chevy Chevette, traveling to the local McDonalds. Something dramatic should have happened. What you wrote was Star Trek without the Trek among boring & indifferent stars. For some inspiration, look up these stories to see what their authors have done. Best of luck!

A God Called Bruce by Talemaster,

Three Square Meals by Tefler,

To Walk the Constellations by DragonCobolt,

The Chronicles of Hvad & Westrons by AspernEssling, and

God of Mischief and Lies by FireFaery, possibly one of if not the best short story on this site (Loki finds something he can't control...)

whynot4mewhynot4mealmost 3 years ago

Not your usual Saddletramp story themes, but I am loving the series. Kudos for the oblique references to the characters in the original Star Trek TV series. As usual wonderful character development to give depth to the story.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 3 years ago

Very nearly as good as the first part. I agree with a few of the other posts: there's not a lot of character development here, but I think what you gave us is nudges. It moves the story along, even though it's not big developments. Kudos for a great Sci-fi story!

skippersdadskippersdadalmost 3 years ago

Very nice story,I like call the hidden gems in it ,thank you for posting.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Still rolling along nicely. Could have done with a little more excitement, ie, incidents, but still an engrossing read.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A great second chapter.. I loved your references to Star Trek (eg., "I'm a doctor, not a ...", shiip's counselor,, Jason Kirk) I hadn-t thought about the song 'Me and you and a dog named boo " for decades! 5 stars 🖖🖖

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Good story! Did I pick up a LM Bujold reference with the paraphrase “These used to be mine, wear them well” , (Aral to Koudelka)? Good taste if so, imho of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Look forward to more of your space adventures with this couple. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reading these episodes is a real treat. Since I do not know a damned thing about outer space, but a whole lot about military ships, I enjoy the melding of the future with past practices and traditions. Great job, Author!

ollysuollysuover 1 year ago

Absolutely loving this. Stumbled upon you from Twitter and am not disappointed. Stellar work Sir

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While reading this story series I am sent back to my younger years and remember some early stories and their authors. Two in particular series came to mind. Tom Corbett; Space Cadet by Cary Rockwell and Lucky Starr by Paul French. Perhaps we are reading the works of a future Paul French. Those who aren't familiar with the works of Mr. French should know that this was the pseudonym for a better know Sci-Fi author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Have really enjoyed the transition you have given us into the life of future military of space forces but I do have one question; why do you have them looking for their "covers"? Even today, hats are not work while inside and in some situations, while near aircraft on a flight line, they are a major hazard and not worn. As far back as the late 70's there was serious talk about doing away with hats since they were a needless part of military tradition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So far really boring

Marklynda2Marklynda2about 1 year ago

Well they've gone there and back with no major incident, a truly engaging story. Another well thought out and written chapter. I look forward to reading the next. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Only two nits to pick…proper response from Armstrong Captain when they met would’ve been, “hell, I would’ve toss that son of a bitch out of the airlock if I knew it would land me a seat on mankind’s first interstellar jump.”

And you missed the mandatory song to play on mankind’s first jump: “Good Morning Star Shine”

Other than those two nits…not bat at all.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Damn, over two years since I first listened to this with Text Aloud. Loved it both times and the mention of Oscar! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks once again ST!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...