Whispers in the Vineyard Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Daddysgirlfl
Daddysgirlfl
2,333 Followers

"Not that kind of proposition," I laughed. I explained what Janeen and I talked about earlier.

"I love it! Yes, count me in. And I think you're both right, offering two prices will include everyone."

"Wonderful! I just happen to have next week's menu in my office."

My office, such as it was, was more of a broom closet. But it did serve the purpose. Not like I spent much time in there anyhow. I grabbed the menu off my desk and turned around, bumping right into Gregg.

"Whoa," he said, holding my elbows to steady me.

I knew it was coming. It was time. I was ready. More than ready. I put my hand on his chest as he lowered his face to mine, brushing his lips against my lips. I slid my hand around his neck to the back of his head while I pressed my lips tighter against his.

How can a man's lips be soft and hard at the same time? Tender yet aggressive. Hot and wet. The kiss quickly turned deeper and more passionate. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pressed his hands against the small of my back, holding me closer.

After a minute, a second, an hour, who knows, we pulled apart. Both of us breathing as though we'd just run a marathon. I flicked my tongue across my lips and he groaned softly.

"I ah...."

"Yeah, me too," he replied and I sighed.

He had to be at the station early and he dropped me at my door. We had another round of kissing, that was a little more passionate. By the time we were done I was panting, and it was lucky for us both he had to leave.

Several weeks later the crowds had all headed back up north and our little town was back to its lazy summer self. Gregg and I had settled into a routine, not by design but by the fact I had to be at the restaurant, and he was at the station for twenty-four hours every two days.

We had a day free together and drove to have lunch at a restaurant on the Gulf. We sat on the deck where it was shady, but balmy with tropical breezes.

"I feel like a tourist!" I giggled.

"You look like a beautiful tourist," he said, running his eyes over my coral flower sundress. It was more revealing than anything I usually wore, and I saw his eyes linger on my décolleté.

"You look pretty good yourself there handsome." His sky blue polo shirt showed off his perpetual dark tan and matched his eyes. Drop-dead handsome.

As I sipped my Rum Runner I understood why this place was famous for them.

"You like your drink, eh?" he chuckled. "Maybe you should start serving alcohol at your place?"

I rolled my eyes. "No thanks. I'm not going to jump through those hoops to get alcohol in. I'm fine with the wine thank you very much." I put my finger over the top of my straw and let it roll onto my tongue. "Besides, I have my very own wine expert."

He was staring at my lips and I wasn't sure if he heard me or not.

"Don't do that again," he said.

"What?"

"The straw thing."

I saw the heat in his eyes then and smiled.

"You liked that did you?" I murmured seductively.

His Adam's apple bobbed when he swallowed hard.

"Unless you want to check into that retro beach motel next door, I suggest you knock that off."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really? Hmmm," was all I could say because the server appeared to take our orders.

Since it was off-season we could take our time walking through the beach town. We stopped in the souvenir shops and laughed at the fun t-shirts. I bought a big-brimmed hat for hot sunny summers, and he bought a new pair of board shorts.

We got postcards and dropped them in the mailbox to our families, laughing at what they'd think of that. We held hands and window shopped, then stopped for iced lattes on the sidewalk tables and people watched.

"I can't think of the last time I had this much fun," he said.

I nodded. "Me too. Thanks for bringing me here, Gregg. I needed this more than I realized."

He leaned over and gave me a soft kiss. "I know you did. You work hard, so you deserve to play." He looked at his watch. "And we don't have to leave for a bit yet and I have an idea. Drink up!"

We walked to a marina at the end of the block and found a tour boat just about to leave. No one was at the front of the boat, and speakers allowed you to hear the guide, so we sat there. The sun wasn't summer hot yet and felt good from the cooler breeze of the Gulf.

I giggled at the dolphins leaping beside the boat. I never tire of watching them and always try to get pictures of them with my phone, but they're too quick, or I'm too slow.

I ooohed and aahed at the modern mansions on the water. Some had so much glass that reflected the sky, that it almost blended into the sky.

"That's beautiful!"

"You like modern, eh? I'm surprised because of the old Florida house you live in."

"Oh, I love my house absolutely, but I would want this for my weekend beach house," I laughed.

He had his arm around me and leaned in for a kiss. "I think that sounds perfect."

I dozed a bit on the ride home.

"That sea air did it," I mumbled when I awoke.

"Yep, sea air. That was it." I lightly punched him on the arm.

"Ouch! Now I'm going to have to take medical time off work," he grumbled, not hiding his grin. "Speaking of time off...."

"Yesssss?" I questioned.

"I was thinking about going up to the winery to see the folks. I'm not sure if you can get away, but I'd love for you to come along."

I thought for a moment. "You know I actually could take time off. I close for a week in the spring and a week in the fall so the staff gets a break too."

"Wow, that's great!" he exclaimed, sounding excited as a kid. "I'll let them know to expect us."

We both took the next two weeks to arrange for the time away and finally, the morning came that we were headed north.

During the three-hour drive, I took time to think about my decisions one last time.

"Gregg?"

"Hmmm?" He glanced over and took my hand under his on his thigh.

"We can stay together if you want." I stumbled. "I mean if it's okay. Family and all."

He grinned and squeezed my hand. "We are staying in one of the guest cottages that are placed throughout the vineyards. And before you think about that, I didn't assume we would stay together. The cottage has two bedrooms. I was going to leave it up to you."

I sighed with relief. I hadn't dated much and can't even remember back when I dated my ex-husband and forgot how to do this mental dance. Or did I even ever know, I wondered? My ex always took the lead and made these kinds of decisions. Did I ever even have any input, I thought?

The vineyard was about forty-five minutes or an hour from Gainesville, Gregg had said. Florida wasn't exactly the foothills of a mountain range, but I was impressed by some rolling hills that began to appear. Especially after the flatness of central Florida.

The vineyard sign was ahead and he turned into the curving drive up to the main building. Built to look like old Florida, the house had a wide porch surrounding with a tin roof overhang, designed to shade the windows but allow the breeze.

It was too cold in the winter here for most of our palms, but the winery was surrounded by stately oaks dripping with moss which created a cooling shade for the chairs and tables scattered around.

As we came around another curve, I saw several buildings nearby that no doubt housed equipment for the gently curving rows of thickly leaved grapes that meandered the hills as far as I could see. I could smell the ripeness of the grapes. So wonderful.

"I'll take you on a full tour later, but we have to see the family first," he said, pulling up to one of the buildings before we got to the main building.

Gregg's parents must have had him young because they didn't seem to be much older than me. His dad, James, was an older version of Gregg. His mom Ami had the same dark tanned skin and blue eyes. Both made me feel as though I'd known them forever.

Gregg caught up on everything and I walked around some of the aging barrels that were housed here. Ami caught up and explained that these were the 'old timers' as she called them. They'd been around for a while and would be around for a while longer.

"We're simple here. I appreciate the wineries that keep up with all the new things, but James and I decided to stick to the basics. If we can keep producing excellent wine, we will stay that way," she said proudly.

Earlier I noticed the wall covered with ribbons, awards won for their wine, which was a good indication they were doing it right.

"Ready to go on the tour now?" Gregg asked and I nodded.

"I hope you'll join us for dinner?" Ami asked.

I nodded before Gregg had a chance to respond. He laughed and said, "Ellie is anxious to see our kitchen."

Gregg's mom smiled and said, "I understand you are quite accomplished in the kitchen. I'll be interested to hear what you think of our little restaurant."

Gregg snorted. "Let's go girl, I'll give you the grand tour." We walked around the corner to a golf cart. "In style of course."

"I see that. I'm impressed!"

He showed me everything there was to show me but the restaurant. I loved seeing everything, but.

"I suppose you're ready to see the restaurant?" I scowled at him and he laughed. "You know I did this all to tease you."

"I figured. You're pretty good at that."

"Teasing?" he asked, waggling his eyebrows. I laughed and punched his arm again. "Ouch! I'm going to be all bruised now," he laughed.

"Good!"

We pulled up to the front of the main building. Wide steps led up to the deep porch to double front doors that matched the weathered wood of the building.

The tasting room was off to the left with one wall glistening with forest-colored bottles. I didn't have time to look very long because Gregg was guiding me by the elbow through the lobby, down a hall that was marked Private, and through a swinging door.

We walked into a brightly lit kitchen. The wonderful scents hit me immediately and I began to look around while carefully staying out of everyone's way. Gregg quickly introduced me to the pertinent chefs and left me alone to chat and watch.

They all told me they worked for the family for many years and wouldn't think of working anywhere else for anyone else. The head chef was older and told me he'd retire before he left, although he didn't want to do that very soon.

"I hate to tear you away, Ellie, but mom and dad just came in and are seated."

I was shocked when I walked from the kitchen to the elegant dining room reserved for fine dining. Nothing like I'd imagined would be at a winery.

"You look surprised, dear," Ami said, smiling.

"This is beautiful," I gushed. "Everything. Kitchen. This dining room. Everything!"

She glanced at Gregg and said smiling, "I suppose you didn't fill her in."

"Well," he draped the linen napkin across his lap. "Actually, no I didn't." He flashed his disarming grin that worked on all women, even his mom. She rolled her eyes.

"So, what do you think of the kitchen, Ellie?" James asked.

Trying to suppress any more gushing I told them what a wonderful kitchen and staff they had.

The chef I'd talked to earlier came to our table and asked if he could make my meal, and of course, I eagerly agreed.

"Geez, Peter never did that for me," Gregg pouted, laughing.

"Son, you aren't a professional like Ellie," his dad said and everyone laughed.

"Yes, that's true. I wish you all could enjoy her cooking. Her restaurant is amazingly successful in our small town. I can't imagine what'd she'd do in a city," he smiled at me and took my hand.

I blushed. "I have to say I haven't had wine as wonderful as yours. Gregg is choosing the wine for my dinners, and I hope he doesn't overlook wine from here," I said, looking at him.

"I will if you like!"

"Of course!"

We ate and enjoyed more wine late into the evening and got to the cottage in the vineyards late.

"You look beat, sweetheart," he said, hugging me.

"I am exhausted. My head is still swirling from all I've seen today!" I melted into his arms.

"You can barely keep your eyes open. Can I interest you in being pampered in the shower together?"

"Mmmm, that sounds so good," I said sleepily.

He undressed me, then himself, and helped me into the glass-walled shower. The provided body soap smelled like sweet pine and filled my senses. He soaped his hands and began running them over my body.

"Don't worry sweet. I'm not going to put any moves on you tonight. I want you wide awake for what I plan on doing to you."

I smiled appreciatively. "You'll snuggle with me though, right?"

"You couldn't kick me out of bed," he grinned.

I was too tired to even be embarrassed when I curled up next to him and promptly fell asleep.

I smelled the coffee before I opened my eyes, and it was wonderful. I stretched my arms and looked around the room. I don't even remember looking around before I conked out.

It was rustic wood with wonderfully overstuffed furniture and warm satin antiques. I found my robe and wandered out.

"There you are, sleepyhead!" He set a steaming cup on the breakfast bar and I slid up onto a stool.

"Whew. I can't remember the last time I slept that well. Must have been the body heat," I murmured looking over the rim of the mug at him.

"I hope so," he replied. "They laid in a few things for breakfast here, or we can go up to the winery and eat. Your choice madam."

I ran my eyes over his bare chest, just perfectly furred. Knit sleep shorts were slung low on his hips. Low enough to follow the V of curly hair from his chest down into his shorts.

"I think I'd rather stay here," I murmured. "But I do need sustenance."

"But of course, I don't want you running out of gas. At any point in time," he added.

We ate, cleaned up, and went out to our private courtyard. The scent of the grapes was stronger in the warming sun, and was such a treat to the senses.

"This is really beautiful, Gregg. You should be proud of what you and your family did here."

He put his arms around me from behind and I leaned into him.

"I am. This place is my life. I enjoy being a firefighter, but I can't' say that I don't miss this."

I felt my stomach knotted just thinking of him not being in my life. I put my arms over his and pulled them tighter around me hoping he didn't feel my shudder.

"Mmmm," he whispered against my neck.

I felt his breath soft on my ear and lay my head back against his shoulder. He smoothed his lips over my neck, and I pushed back into his hardness.

"Oh baby," I moaned, hardly recognizing my own voice.

"I need you, Ellie."

"Yessss," I hissed. I was ready. So ready.

He led me into the bedroom. I slowly pulled the belt of my robe and let it slip off my shoulders. At one time I would have been embarrassed because my ex-husband didn't make me feel good about myself. I began to believe it. But Gregg was different.

I heard his sharp intake of breath. "You're beautiful, Ellie."

I saw the bulge in his sleep shorts, and I knew how much I affected him. It made me brazen enough to hook my fingers in the waist of his shorts and tug them down. I wanted him to reveal everything to me as well.

His cock was thick, perfectly sized, heavily veined, and it throbbed for me. He was neatly trimmed, and I knew that was for me.

Body against body, hot skin, a kiss that turned passionate. Wanting. Needy.

He lowered me to the bed. "I need you now, Ellie."

I held his ass in my hands and pulled him into me. Just as needy. We had enough foreplay the last weeks. I just wanted him inside me. Joined together.

He was careful to slide in which I appreciated, but it was a perfect fit. His cock throbbed and swelled against my sensitive canal. He raised over me and began to thrust. That action rubbed his cock on my clit every time. We both climbed higher and higher and I was the first to fly off the edge with a long moaning orgasm.

My cunt clenched his cock and I heard him moan when it began to milk his shaft. He drove in and the heat engulfed me.

He dropped down beside me, gasping. We both caught our breaths.

"I'm sorry Ellie," he moaned with his forearm across his eyes.

"For what?"

"It was too fast. I wanted to seduce you. Kiss you all over. Discover your body. But I just couldn't stop."

I laughed softly. "I wouldn't have let you stop. I needed you too, Gregg. I think we have plenty of time to learn about each other?"

He rolled to his side and stroked my face. "We do. We surely do."

~to be continued~

Daddysgirlfl
Daddysgirlfl
2,333 Followers
12