All Comments on 'Who Am I'

by littleOneWon

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AardieAardie4 months ago

I was thinking that maybe he had cheated, too. I guess we will never know. S

Seeing light shining from certain people seems like either a superpower or a mental illness.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Everyone lucked out in this case!

5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

I really enjoyed this one. Refreshing storyline that could happen in real life. It touches upon the age old question of whether to admit you’ve been unfaithful when your spouse doesn’t know. The right answer is no. With “sin” comes penance and that penance is to carry your guilt to your grave and as a reminder never to go down that life path again. 4.5*

MwestohioMwestohio4 months ago

Interesting and differentt

Karn9Karn94 months ago

A good bright light story. Thank you an enjoyable read. 4*

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne4 months ago

A little odd about the lights, but I liked it. I would just like to mention some technical details that I like. You kept the story entirely in the head of the main character. You did not tell us anything that the main character did not know. The entire story was firmly rooted in the plausible. Five stars!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter464 months ago

Even a moral to the story. Thanks. Forgive is truly divine.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

Karma said this was a toughie. But she added that they were two good people who deserved a second chance. Did he cheat too? Karma said it was none of our business. She likes them, and hopes they 'get their act together'. 5 stars, the Bear agrees with Karma. A cute story, and a nice read. there are decent HUMAN beings out there. Good luck, kids.

The BEAR

someoneothersomeoneother4 months ago

A story with two endings - one imaginary and one real. Happy that reality won. The Bible should not be the rationale for ending a marriage or refusing to forgive.

ThorlolThorlol4 months ago

Those womens thought process is pretty weird. I actually understand why Joe gave unsolicited absolution for anything. I dont think that any husband would blame his wife for accidently giving the wrong glass orange juice with antibiotica. The chance for being allergic to this specific strain is not very high. I would see it as a genuine mistake even though the consequence was grave. But still, I wouldnt think of blaming her. If I see that she still is out of it I also would tell her something like Joe had. Just to get her to stop worrying. Thats what you do. Almost normal reaction in my opinion. Its highly unlikely that he did it because he had an affair himself. But if he knew that he almost died because his wife had an affair and she and her doctor decided to drug him, thats assault by the way, I dont think he would forgive anything. As he shouldnt. How she and Becky are even able to live with themselves is something I dont get. Renewing vows and simply live on as if nothing happend? Just wow. If you are able to live without guilt and remorse because of that then its no wonder she had an affair. I wonder how Becky lives with herself. I didnt see any regret or remorse from her side for being complicit in almost killing a man. She even went further and comes up with a theory that Joe might have had an affair. Thats worse than Amy.

ReadyOneReadyOne4 months ago

Keeping up the theme of light throughout the story was excellent construction. Very Good!

Harryin VAHarryin VA4 months ago

It's an interesting story but if you're basing your marriage on biblical tales of forgiveness and mercy, then you are looking at a dead marriage

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

4★ for me on this one. She didn't dodge a bullet, she dodged OO buck shot! There were plenty of opportunities for her to take hit from the dumb stuff she pulled. This would have to be a case of Devine intervention! Liked the treatment of the idea you had. The idea of light and darkness in people seems to be a thing. I have heard references to this several times over the years and have met people who actually kind of bore out the concept.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Confusing as to why he is forgiving her. Does he know that she cheated? Or is he the one that had the STD?

skruff101skruff1014 months ago

It appears she didn’t think ‘honesty’ was an important part of a relationship. As to the glowing? Well it just so happens they live very close to Three Mile Island!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

I like the writer very much.

I didn't like the story.

Although it is possible can happen in reality but I didn't like the neat way writer @littleOneWon trying to put the husband in a bad light by alluding he might have cheated first before, in trying to make the wife's cheating and other mishaps thereafter a little less disgusting.

1-star.

TwentysevenTwentyseven4 months ago

I like the metaphor of light being generated and reflected to describe a dominant and a submissive personality, but what I particularly like is the fact that you confront us with the core Christian message of forgiveness for those who sincerely repent. If we cannot forgive under these circumstances we have obviously missed the message.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you! Your story affected me in many good ways. Inspiring!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5* original tale, a little "new age" babble provides a nice change in perspective when chronicling the slide into infidelity. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cute story, but the heavy-handed religiosity was a little off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yuck. Ah, a lying, cheating bitch who probably never would have confessed but for her little incident who then nearly kills her trusting fool of a husband.

What more could any man want.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For someone who is intent on quoting the Bible left and right, you REALLY need to learn the difference between mercy and GRACE. BTW, from what I saw of your MC, she ONLY knew of the darkness. Period.

Rwg7Rwg74 months ago

Well done. I enjoy a good reconciliation story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story is consistent with what light means; otherwise, why was Jerry so bright when he was an awful person. That’s the problem when you mix up religious themes

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm not medically qualified so I won't presume to contradict the author but I've never heard of any STD being transmitted via non penetrative sex and it occurs to me that if this disease is so virulent that it can be passed on so easily then contacting other sexual partners won't help much as sex isn't the only way of infecting other people. For example, what if Jerry failed to wash his hands after going for a piss then shook hands with a business associate who then went to the toilet himself?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Unusual and under-scored, but this the lw audience, after all...

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Well that was interesting, it brought light to cheating. Enjoyed the story, a different twist, looks like Karma kept sneaking in……..

Thanks for writing 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There’s no forgiveness without repentance, and repentance REQUIRES confession to the person you sinned against.

As for worldly consequences, the slut should be in prison for harming her husband both with the STI, and the antibiotics. 2 doctors should lose their licenses.

No one in this story received the natural results of their choices, and that’s why it’s rated lower.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There is too much unanswered and unresolved to be a really good story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wasn’t a bad story, it seemed to just miss though? Not sure why except that it felt like the author didn’t know how to end the story and settled finally on a cop out? 3*

Frank66Frank664 months ago

Good explanation of why some of us get called 'dimbulbs' sometimes.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

The medical "professionals" really tanked this one.

They both had an obligation to report to authorities and those impacted.

The second "Doctor" has an obligation to report a criminal act that nearly resulted in a death and could have been intentional.

The "Better marriage through lies and deprivation of agency" is a sick myth as well.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cute but somehow I really doubt that Dr's would do what they did and risk so many years of schooling and residency. It is really a nice HallMark moment but come on, a wife has an STD and does this to the husband and they all keep it hush hush?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

With him being poisoned by the antibiotic, I would think that a male doctor for sure would want another man to make decisions based on facts. His wife is an unrepentant whore who put his life in danger with the help of her friend Becky. Divorce, jail for both Amy and Becky and Joe lives happily ever after free of the despicable bitches who threatened his life.

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

I've heard everything now. Human light sources. Interesting vehicle for the story though.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm thinking...

...the son, Sunny, takes a beating every day in school.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine4 months ago

Was good. 5 stars. I liked how Becky and the doctor worked with her for a good ending.

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. It's good to read a story that has some of it.

HargaHarga4 months ago

What a load of whoey! Light my ass, just another cheating whore getting away with it.

ribnitinribnitin4 months ago

A little weird, but interesting nonetheless

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Oh, shit, I can't properly sleep now with so much light. Is this the Aurora Borealis or Australis? Should I go south or north looking for some more darkness...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dayum great story. Well written. Refreshing approach and much needed here on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was a good effort. She got away with it, pure and simple luck. Why make it more than it is? She's very grateful, but I see no evidence she is any smarter or stronger. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be. Good luck with that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Joe, honey, you don't have any idea what you just did. I need to talk to you. There are things I need to tell you."

She just told Joe everything in that one sentence. But he already knows doesn't he? His light is shining bright because he also knows where Jerry's gone and that he won't be coming back. Dodged a bullet? Don't count on it baby. Maybe at the vows repeating ceremony a pleasant young man carrying a manila envelope will walk up to Amy and Joe's light will nova into a fireball.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cheating slut gets away with not only cheating but lies upon lies and almost kills her husband. The secret kept by not one but two doctors us appalling. This was a horrible story.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Interesting and well written. Not sure if the happy ending was justified from the readers external moral viewpoint but the story made rarional sense and doctors do make ethical calls that are at odds with their licence obligations regularly.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste4 months ago

What silentsound (and a couple different Anonymous') said.

_Two_ medical professionals willing to risk their licenses and careers? Ain't Gonna Happen.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a new and refreshing angle on an old tired tale, at least it seems an original conceptual approach to me. I applaud your effort as I find it quite remarkable that an author is able to make such an over-written and worn-out situation like infidelity, and bring it to such life in such a unique set of circumstances. I’m truly impressed and wish I could award your effort more than the five stars permitted, it felt like a ten star story to me. Thank you for putting your talents to work.

Asterisk42Asterisk424 months ago

No real medical professional is going to put their license at risk for an std. None.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm4 months ago

Please remember people this is a story. It is not reality.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What stillaonewomanm said. Neat piece of fiction set in an unknown country with unknown laws.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Great story, but a little strange with the lights.

AmbulAmbulabout 1 month ago

Very well done treatmentk of a well-used theme.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlittleOneWon@littleOneWon
I write as hobby. I try to avoid formula pieces as much as possible. No came home early, found a car in the driveway, etc. Having said that, it's probably impossible to make a completely new story. As the good book says, "There's nothing new under the sun." I'm sure that stori...