All Comments on 'Why Me?'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
EgregiousEgregiousover 2 years ago

Great story thanks.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A very good story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

wapentakewapentakeover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. Who knows if the legal process was accurate, to be honest, who cares? Easy reading entertainment, well worth five stars.

dotcom2099dotcom2099over 2 years ago
Proof reading

Can you answer a question, was the dead husband's name Richard ( Rick ) or Mike?? Both names crop up when the story talks about the deceased...

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

Excellent!

Yes, you were a touch light in adherence to the letter of the law, but you boldly captured the spirit.

Putting this in the Romance category was a stretch, it was almost an afterthought.

The amount of detail you jammed into a few pages was really well done. Far too often, however, I felt evidence appeared 'magically'.

Very well done. 5 ⭐️s.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Honestly, the mystery was okay but this lacked sufficient emotion to be believable. The woman loses her husband with whom she was happily married and is framed for his murder but exhibits no outrage, no devastation, despair of sadness. None. She is a widow and was hooking up with a new guy right out of the gate.

Oh and this little gem: "so, he's not too small for you then?" On what planet does a daughter even ask that of her fathers fwb/girlfriend? I have no idea because the story had no passion. Anyway, even as a joke it stuck out like a sore thumb. I am a daughter and I would never ask that. It's disrespectful and childish... not to mention the two people Kathy was questioning are trying to keep her out of jail. It's just weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely stretches the limits of suspension of disbelief, but still a fun story

burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

Very nice! and sweet! Unfortunately, this story seems more and more plausible. ***** stars!

Over the years, I have immensely enjoyed reading your stories!

Burninglove

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Fun Story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm sorry, only gave it 3 stars. This story feels rushed at all stages. It's also not a romance, I would put it in the 'novels and novellas' or 'non-erotic' category. There's no evidence of romance in Kathy & Rick's relationship, as at no point is she actually grieving because the love of her live has just died.... Nor is there any description of romance between Ted and Deeadra, at one point they are just working together on the investigation and the next they jump into bed due to a lack of beds and next they are married. It's all possible, but you should have made that believable by creating dialogue in between which made that love / romance develop. Now it's a rush job and sorry, not your finest work.

sdc97230sdc97230over 2 years ago
Picking a small nit

This story appears to be set in the US, specifically New York State from the references to the US housing bubble and the DA attempting to flee by boarding a plane at Kennedy, but the charge of "perverting the cause of justice" is not used in the US. The US equivalent is "obstruction of justice."

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Very nice read, A bit drawn out but I loved it. Will definitely be looking at more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How did someone get the master key from the Chief’s desk without the Chief finding out? Who impersonated Kathy and how did she get into the locker room? You can’t walk around the police station without being checked for ID if you are not a member of that police station. With numerous camera’s in the police station, they could have proven that Kathy wasn’t in the police station when her gun was taken.

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 2 years ago

Nice premise, but poorly executed. It's not really a romance, more a murder mystery of sorts. Way too much 'evidence' was bypassed, and it became an interracial story a few paragraphs from the end. very contrived, no emotion, no real romance, no dating... etc.

The premise has real potential, but the execution was lacking.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

No feelings. Her husband gunned down, his son-in-law, and then it is just a case to solve. Where is the emotion? Where is the heart ache and pain? It feel s like an old Detective Friday show, “Just the facts, mam, just the facts!” This felt cold and disconnected. Could have been something, but you missed it.

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

Enjoyed how it plodded on to the end.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

I agree with AngelRider, totally.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

The courtroom stuff was fine, but I have to agree with angelrider about the lack of emotion in the story.

Kathy just lost her husband in a senseless murder, but she doesn't even shed a tear for the guy? If she actually loved him, which appears to be the case, the poor woman would be devastated!

Then she's investigating her late husband's files, but isn't emotional at all, and even makes crude jokes about her father.

There was no grieving for Rick, then as soon as she's cleared of murder, she starts banging some new guy and eventually gets knocked up.

By the end of the story, I was convinced that Kathy was a sociopath.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Good idea but the finance parts were funny and the courtroom part could have been improved watching Perry Mason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not only a very special Romance but a great "Who-dun-it." Do not miss reading this fabulous little gem.

THC

VicGoodhouseVicGoodhouse5 months ago

An excellent whodunit.

The 2nd page statement (alibi of Kathy) shows time as 10:07 while the summarized version on page 3 shows as 9:43 . Pls avoid such factual mistakes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...