All Comments on 'Why She Cheated'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3about 1 year ago

Excellent writing. Consider OneHitWanda, one of the best writers on the site.

EmilyMillerEmilyMillerabout 1 year ago

Hi, hun. Thanks for the kind words and support. Thanks also for sharing this beautiful, bitter-sweet story with me in advance. I aspire to do what you do. Keep it up (the writing, well anything else as well I guess). Em

MVarroMVarroabout 1 year ago

Well, a story very well written, intelligent and thoughtful even towards the thankfully inevitable Happy End. I think there is enough character development and story line for a longer, more elaborate second and third chapter instead of that too abbreviated end. Patience is a vertue for both readers and authors. Thank you anyway.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Excellent story, that is both realistic and exciting with a good ending. 5*

MightyheartMightyheartabout 1 year ago

Well written and didn't seem like a rip off.

Good one.

4/5

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

You are building a following here. Keep up the great work!

Djmac1031Djmac1031about 1 year ago

Another excellent entry.

We're all victims of our circumstances. Life is rarely simple. Relationships, love, sex...it's a big old complicated mess sometimes.

A mess you somehow capture brilliantly.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpabout 1 year ago

Really great story. Your ability to create believable, three dimensional characters is outstanding. Tha k you for sharing, and please keep up the great work! - gb

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Good read. The plot lines came together rather easily, perhaps too easily, but I do like the underlying lesson of redemption. 5*

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

I never understand men who think their girlfriends need to fuck a few other men before they are ready for a relationship

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well thought out and well told except the very beginning when it wasn't clear how two supposed strangers knew each others name with no introduction. Thanks for the effort.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

I did not like it, l normally like your stories. This one just didn’t grab me

2/5

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

I liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There hasn't been such a good story for a long time, really great 5* !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pearls in a sea of dross! Love your work.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Hate to post this here, but do you read a "Feedback"? I have question for you about a story. TIA

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Excellent well crafted tale. Tight characters that are believable.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only redundancy in your stories is their absurdly high quality. How you are able to take a very commonplace scenario and turn it into something special bespeaks a very creative mind. Thank you for sharing your gift!

fh321fh321about 1 year ago

I wonder how many times it's possible to rewrite the same story? Guess we'll find out when you think up an original plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, of course, it will be interesting to see authors that NTH recommends. Bebop3 is consistently good, as is his recommendation of OneHitWanda. If readers don’t often read Romance, the author there who most reminds me of NTH is CaliLove. His (??) stories are consistently well written and clever/unique.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

A very good story that was let down slightly by the ending.

If I'd slept with her, established an emotional connection, then she went off and fucked other guys, I'd feel repulsed. Marlene picking up more emotional damage from a couple more failed relationships was the last thing she needed!

She was strongly attracted to Jack, and the feelings were mutual, so why fight that and not get together immediately?

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Good job. Well thought out and presented.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Damn. I thought you'd been "looking over my shoulder" or even reading an old diary of mine! My younger self had an almost similar event. Well, the meeting (while I was single) of a gorgeous, very forward, well dressed (I like classy) woman one night at a Bar in a top-notch Hotel. There were no "rings" present.

When I swooped her to my room and we were in bed, naked and "enjoying" foreplay, I just felt something wasn't right. She was too... forced. She wasn't relaxed and enjoying things, as she should have been. Well, I took this as a personal affront so eased off and started asking questions. Yes, a similar situation was unraveled.

So, I didn't carry on, even though the little red devil on my shoulder kept telling me to. She was married and I also had a pact back then, of no married/engaged women. I became a shoulder to cry on and even councelled her re her relationship. (Damn, she was gorgeous... and sexy... think Charlize Theron... and naked... and wanting me to ravish her) and I just couldn't do it. It would have destroyed her, methinks. We spent the night, with me just holding her and talking and listening. She went back to her husband the next day and later they BOTH emailed me to thank me. They are still together and happy. Damn and blast! LOL. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved your story, and the stories of EmilyMiller, your recommendation at the end. Just wanted to point out that the titles and author name got jumbled up somehow in your post, attributing the name of one of the stores as the author, placing the recommended story as part of the wrong story group, and leaving at the actual author!

But, it was a great recommendation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Always a good day when NTH shares his talent and hard work. People involved in destructive infidelity are truly changed for life. A fact sometimes overlooked at LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the way you write.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Another great story from you. Fine stars. I didn't expect to root for them, so you did an excellent job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How do you DO that? Take a seemingly tired old trope and turn it into an engaging romance?

.

A realistic exploration of how someone can feel so trapped by circumstances. It was very insightful to note how Marlene had never had to deal with romantic loss on any level u til hubby went rogue. Breaking away was exactly what she needed. As well as separation from the MC for a while in order to reestablish her character and self image. Obviously the MC had fallen for her quickly, and it must have been very difficult to hold off making his moves until she had gone thru a couple relationships. But it worked out in the end!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Five novas ... not quite supernovas.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Probably my favorite story by you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another fantastic story from a great storyteller . Keep them coming

NoTalentHackNoTalentHackabout 1 year agoAuthor

Yes, I read and, in most cases, answer feedback.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

Another excellent offering from the quite talented, NTH...

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 1 year ago

Wow! Awesome story. I don't like cheaters, so I didn't think I could like a story where the main character is cheating, but you managed to write an interesting story w/o any obvious cliches. Once again, your nom de plume is NOT eponymous.

cyendreycyendreyabout 1 year ago

What a poignant story, another amazing gift to your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It feels like I've read this before by many other writers. Nothing new, nor interesting.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Sorry

Didn't care much for this story, a once cheated on husband destroys another marriage by getting the wife to leave her husband really. I just don't understand how he could do that after his own wife cheated him, he then became the predator that destroyed someone else's family and life. Not one of your best. Not what I would have done. 2*'s. But don't give up writing.

MsSuckMyLollipopMsSuckMyLollipopabout 1 year ago

Well done, as usual. While the progression from a one-night stand to HEA is unusual, I'm one who experienced that progress myself, so it does, indeed happen! 5*

ribnitinribnitinabout 1 year ago

Well thought out and well executed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I started this story while I was taking a dump. I sat there long enough that my foot fell asleep. I forgot to flush. The wife griped at me for half a day. I told her it was because you had published a new story. She also enjoys your stories and forgave me for the excessive time, but not the soiled toilet. This would ordinarily be a 5, but since I am now required to rub her feet....it's still a 5.

TonyGWTonyGWabout 1 year ago

Another wonderful character play, Sir you are getting very good at this.

Despite my initial doubts as to where the plot was headed you made me care deeply for both Marlene and Jack.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice. This story felt real to life. They both made it with each other. Happy ending.yahoo.

Gmann006Gmann006about 1 year ago

great story. Im going to take your adviice and check out that writer. Ilike your stories and ill let u knw what i think

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

That was quite good, better than that actually. I am quite impressed, honestly. Stories like this can come off like yet another trope in a sea of clichéd plots with unbelievable characters. This one is more akin to being challenged to beat the odds and you responded with "hold my beer"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another NTH masterpiece. Five stars.

EmilyMillerEmilyMillerabout 1 year ago

@Anonymous who said he/she/they liked my stories and pointed out the glitch in NTH’s much too kind words, thank you and we are trying to get it sorted out. A bit of HTML that went astray and the text became part of the link URL. Em

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

I gave it 5 stars for effort and originality and good ending of a well told story. I was sorely tempted to take a couple of stars off for the (unfortunately universal in real life) trope of a woman ignoring real good guys but hanging on with all their efforts and cost to themselves to assholes like Marlene's ex. Won't do that, because it's the women's fault, not the author's.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

That worked well. 5*. It was like watching an episode of The Repair Shop. But with no Jay Blades, and with humans being repaired, not old furniture, and with the humans repairing themselves.

(Just Google Jay Blades + Repair Shop.)

EmilyMillerEmilyMillerabout 1 year ago

A huge thank you to Laurel for sorting out the HTML glitch in NTH’s afterword. You are a ⭐️. Em

R_GazinyaR_Gazinyaabout 1 year ago

Please keep writing, NTH. Although the subject is not much fun, it’s very well done. Thanks for pointing to Emily Miller. ‘Fragile’ is just plain raw.

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

I'll stick with a 4 for the writing and story telling, but where did that concept of sending the girl back out there to 'find herself' come from. He likes her, she likes him, he's turning out to be a true friend, altho very human; then her lack of life experience is holding her back. 'Go play around, get some scars on your back, and we'll get together again after'. That's really bad advice, and good writing can't overcome that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree. It worked very well.

And that they ended up together worked well too, because they knew the truth about each other, they knew the baggage they both carried, saw each other for who they were underneath. They were obviously attracted to each other... then they built a friendship, and we're honest with each other.

It probably became an incredibly strong marriage, More than most.

Thank you again. I still do not believe your self-effacing name.

leofric35leofric35about 1 year ago

Liked it. You always produce good work and I agree with mattblackuk (also a good author) it’s nice to see some “repair work” rather than the BTB stuff. Thanks for the hard work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really enjoyed it. It was an inside look at why she was cheating, but also showed why she didn't know that her marriage had failed. It also showed that while she loved her husband, that he really didn't love her the same way (why he cheated on her). It was a different take on things, and made the reader think. Not many stories in the LW forum do that. Thank You for sharing it with us. I did give it 5 stars.

I still think your screen name is wrong, as you do have talent. :-)

PeterKimiPeterKimiabout 1 year ago

This is the first story I have read in this category, or by you. I’ll come back and read more. I like Emily’s writing and found you via her. I appreciated how you were sympathetic to both characters, without being overly sentimental. A grown up story about grown ups and best appreciated by grown up readers. Well done. P

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

I have to agree with the anonymous poster who thought your name was wrong, as I've read others of your work and also think you DO have talent...

I'll take your suggestion to read 'Fragile' and see if I agree with your comments about Emily, even though 'Fetish' hasn't held much interest for me so far.

This was an interesting tale of 2 people finding out more about themselves... one currently, and the other retrospectively.

Well played, sir, and 5 stars.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Nice build up and wonderful conclusion. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah, I like to be pithy, or point out one thing that should be better, or that there was not enough eroticism, or that the story was not long enough/ did not cover enough, but...

... I write this to say one thing

Five for you

<clap, clap>

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

powerful well written and reasonable story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your handle is misleading. You are very talented;; no hack., at all. This is really thoughtful, insightful stuff. Keep writing, please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

EmilyMiller? Really? Author, does your wife know how you praise and extol your mistress here? This is a fiasco, bro...

biff_driverbiff_driverabout 1 year ago

Great storyline, really good writing. 4/5 plus an extra point for the best username!

djripdjripabout 1 year ago

You spilled some of the emotional complexity in the smut! We'll never get them back into their own jars now.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

I love this author’s work! Keep on writing. I can’t wait for your next one.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Another great story from NTH. It is so good to read real stories with some depth and likeable characters instead of outlandishly ridiculous, elongated, sex scenes trying to pass as stories here on LW. NTH is on the level of the OG writers who get invited to Randi’s invitationals. He is the real deal writer that LW’s needs mote of.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Delightful story on emotional despond over failing marriages and the recovery to growth and happiness. Well done and clever work on the characters. Five stars with thanks.

CriosCriosabout 1 year ago

Another terrific story! And many thanks for the tip about EmilyMiller’s stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just great stuff. Smart.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyabout 1 year ago

What a nice, tightly drawn story about an encounter between strangers that leads each character to an important realization about their life. Their single hotel room conversation does a lot of heavy lifting to flesh out their backstories and the deterioration of their respective marriages. That's not an easy thing to do, but you nailed it. It helps that the dialogue feels so natural and is so enjoyable to read.

Your feint at the end got me. I was rooting for them to end up together, then he started talking about the third guy being perfect for Marlene, and I thought, "Okay. Bittersweet ending it is, then." Nope!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent story, as always. Even when I don't appreciate every angle, it's always highly crafted and polished, but most especially evocative and emotional. Thank you.

bartholomewbrontebartholomewbronte12 months ago

Great story, 5 stars. For anyone interested in something similar, check out "Two Words" by alextasy.

lc69hunterlc69hunter12 months ago

So very well done

kamdev99008kamdev9900811 months ago

interesting and unexpected storyline

love to read

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Knew the end on page one. Try betterifyou can.

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

An interesting variation of the old plot of a couple going out and meeting for apparently illicit sex. This was more thoughtful and although I don't understand the motivations of her husband and why he was driven to cheat on Marlene it created a situation where our MC could convince her to become her own person. 4*

Cal59Cal598 months ago

Very different, 5/5

TheSpleenTheSpleen8 months ago

You've written some good ones, but I think this one's my favorite of yours. I really like the plotline, but what I appreciated most was the moment on page 1 where they both reacted to the MC's misstep. It's in such little moments that the nitty-gritty fibroid parts of characterization live. Lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

can somebody tell me how nth keeps writing story after 5 star story ??

smmhomesmmhome7 months ago

Excellent. Bravo. 5* fav.

Thank you.

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Quite a deep read, plenty of things to think about in there as well as a good story, nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I think what I like about your stories is that you write characters who feel real; with all the strenghts and weaknesses that implies. I also like that each story is different, not just because you avoid the usual cliches that inhabit too much of the LW landscape but because, wherever each story begins, you take us to some new place that we weren't expecting. I also, with my grammar police hat on, like that you write clear, correct and easy to follow English. I find it interesting that you chose NoTalentHack as your nom de plume as it both implies that you had written sufficiently before to allow the choice and is also sufficiently ironic as to suggest that you are aware just how good you are. I look forward to continuing to read new stories in the future. Please don't disappoint me.

Crater7527

Calico75Calico756 months ago

I love it. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You’ve been reading my mail.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m insanely jealous of guys (and gals) who can pick up a guitar and naturally let the music flow. I’m just as jealous of the guys (and gals) who can sit down in front of a keyboard and let the magic flow.

But I love it so.

Thanks.

OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

I'm a contanororous Ole man that takes very little shit from people probably because I have been shit on so much by life. I am at this time just waiting for the final flush. I like your style. You did good. Take a bow. Then go write something better.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll3 months ago

Fabulous, and different, taking the marital cheating story in a wholly different direction. Wow. And wow. Oh. Yeah. I'm repeating myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nicely done!

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 1 month ago

I appreciate your good intentions and that you, like always, manage to present the reader with something original.

However, the characters and their behaviour are too much of a stretch in this story for me. A decent guy with a sound moral compass gets cheated on by his wife. After the inevitable divorce he starts to fuck random married women and he still is a good guy somehow?

He gets is on with this sexy young wife, Marlene, before he knows her reasoning for stepping out, so these reasons do not redeem his complicity in acts that would eventually harm another man the same way he was harmed.

She's also much to enamoured with the sex she has with a stranger to convince me of her professed motivation, which by the way is ill advised in itself. In light of her eagerness I can't make myself believe that the background she told is the only or even the prevalent impetus for her to look for sexual escapades. The author probably tries to use the mutual enthusiasm of the MCs to convey what good of a match they are, it doesn't work for me. The same way I don't buy the sensitive caring attitude of a guy jumping the bones of a married woman just because she is hot within minutes after they exchanged the first words.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Incisive. 10 🌟 🤩 ⭐️ 🌠 💫

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

She is Married dumb ass that means off limits . 3 Stars as i severed a tour in the Sunny Middle East . I also got shot in the back so i was home early . I found my ex with a scumbag screwing like Rabbits . I took out my camera and sent the pictures to her family . The Bitch still got half of everything Thank you California . She gave him My fishing pole as a gift . So Yes i do have bad feelings about that .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...

SIMILAR Stories