Wife's Hall Pass

Story Info
But Her lover didn't have one.
11.9k words
90.8k
107
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,781 Followers

Wife's Hall Pass

Wife wants to use her 21 year old "hall pass," her lover didn't have one.

Note to readers: The hall pass stories have been very popular lately I know. I have had this one sitting half done on my computer (along with many others) for the better part of two years. Reading all the recent ones has encouraged me to complete it and submit it. I really enjoy these types of stories as they present obvious moral conflict. I believe my version provides a couple of unexplored twists, but it you don't like these genre of story, or are looking for something with explicit sex in it, you should pass on it.

Main Characters:

Thomas Nevada Smith, age 44 married to Pilar for 21 years.

Pilar Smith, 39 years old, Married to Nevada with three children

Suzanne Smith, age 18 oldest daughter of Pilar and Nevada set to attend college in the fall.

Steven Smith, age 15 sophomore in high school and oldest son.

Pat Smith, age 13 in middle school.

Karl Malden, age 49 married supervisor/co-worker of Pilar Smith.

Josie Browning, assisted care nurse

Story:

The groom, Thomas 'Nevada' Smith was frantic. No one called him Thomas or Tom for that matter. It was always 'Nevada.' He never understood where the name came from because he was born in Colorado.

One of the panicked bridesmaids had just informed him that his soon to be wife, Pilar Landau, was getting cold feet and wanted to talk with him. The fact that this mini drama was taking place less than an hour before they were supposed to take their vows added to the stress he was experiencing. As he sprinted towards the back of the Cornerstone Community Church which was rapidly filling with their families and friends he saw Pilar surrounded by her anxious bridesmaids, sitting on a small stone bench sobbing uncontrollably. He found it interesting that as soon as he approached the small group, all the bridesmaids melted away, leaving the two of them alone.

"Pilar, sweetheart what's going on? Everyone is inside waiting for us. Tell me what is wrong?" He assumed it was a normal case of jitters and that whatever was wrong could be easily fixed and they could get on with the ceremony.

It didn't turn out to be that simple.

"Oh Nevada, I don't know that I am ready for all this?"

"Well honey, no one is ever really completely ready for marriage, your nerves are normal."

"It's not that. I am only 18 years old and I'm not sure I am ready to be with one man for the rest of my life. I mean that could be 60 years!"

That brought Nevada up short and in exasperation he sat down on the bench beside her. He was only twenty three but at five years her senior he was regularly teased by his friends that he was "robbing the cradle." Pilar was very mature for her age and they were both deeply in love so he never thought too much about their age difference.

"Honey you know I was never with a boy until I met you and now we are going to be together forever. I am not sure I can do that for the rest of my life. Do you understand?"

In fact he did not understand and frankly with now less than 30 minutes before the ceremony he really didn't think much beyond how upset Pilar's parents were going to be at having spent over $25,000 on a wedding that might not take place, not to mention that his whole family had traveled 2,000 miles to attend it.

He held her in his arms, her tears leaving a large wet spot on his black Brooks Bros. tuxedo. He pleaded with and cajoled her for more than fifteen minutes. He had tried everything and nothing was working. In fact Pilar was becoming more hysterical the more he tried to reason with her.

As the minutes ticked away he half jokingly, and his other half out of frustration said, "If this is about monogamy, what if I gave you a one time marital hall pass?"

Pilar stopped crying immediately, and asked. "What is that?"

"You know, it's a one time exception to the marital fidelity clause."

"Really, you would do that?"

"Sure baby, we can talk more about it later, but now let's go get married." And he walked Pilar toward the church and their future together. Some day her father would really thank him for saving him all that money he thought and laughed to himself.

Of course in the all the hustle and bustle of the wedding, reception, the honeymoon, and starting their life out together, they never did talk about it again.

Twenty one years later.

Nevada Smith was a contented man as he lay on the outdoor patio bed they had purchased a few years ago. He was trying to grasp how so much time had passed so quickly. All three of his kids were now teenagers and his oldest; Suzanne was set to attend college in the fall.

He and Pilar were reasonably successful and at the height of their careers. They had even started planning in earnest their retirements which they both hoped would come within fifteen years. They had actually been 'planning' their retirement from the day they were married, but with kids, a mortgage, and other incidentals along the way; there was always something else to spend money on. But now they were confident that they could meet their retirement goals. Yes, his was a good life and he thought the best was yet to come.

The only fly in the ointment as it were, was Pilar's absolute terror at turning 40. Her birthday was less than two months away and he knew it was bothering her immensely.

Nevada understood because frankly, turning forty several years ago was traumatic for him too. Getting older was a strange concept for him. After surviving turning forty he never really thought about it much anymore. He was beginning to understand and appreciate the perspective that aging gave him. He was comfortable with his life choices and looking forward to the future.

He saw Pilar coming out of the house towards him carrying their wine glasses she had promised to refill. They both loved the patio bed and when the kids weren't home they had spent many of the warm Southern California nights making love then falling asleep wrapped around each others nude bodies on this very bed.

As Pilar sat on the canopied bed she gently handed Nevada his glass. She sat quietly staring into the garnet colored liquid in her glass.

"You're thinking about it again sweetheart, aren't you?"

"Yes Nevada, it seems it's all I can think about these days." She sighed heavily and he could see a small tear forming in the corner of her deep chocolate brown eyes that he loved so much. It was those eyes that made him fall in love with her the first time he looked into them.

Nevada compassionately spoke. "I hate to see you like this honey. Please tell me what I can do to help? Like I've said before, I will plan the biggest party of your life or ignore your birthday completely, whichever you want. Just please tell me what you want?"

Pilar lay back in a half sitting position against one of the many large multi colored pillows at the head of the bed and spoke earnestly while looking directly into his eyes. "Actually, I think I do know what I want for my birthday Nevada. I've been thinking about it a lot lately....I want to use my hall pass."

He didn't respond for what seemed like hours but in reality was probably only a minute. But it was a minute that time stood still for Nevada. His first cogent thought was to profess ignorance as to what a 'hall pass' was, then follow that up unawareness as to ever having granted her one, but he new better.

"Pilar, you aren't really serious? You have to be joking."

She gently placed her glass into the cup holder built into the wrap around headboard and spoke. "I'm absolutely serious Thomas. I am going to use the 'hall pass' you promised me on our wedding day. Are you going to renege on your promise to me?"

"Shit, shit, shit." He thought silently. "Pilar, I remember my promise, but I also remember the context in which I made it. Haven't I earned your fidelity over the past 21 years? Haven't I proven my love and devotion to you and our family?"

"You are a very devoted husband and father and I am lucky to have you love me, but this isn't about you in any way shape or form. It is about me. It's about what I need to feel that I am still an attractive and desirable woman."

"But you are very attractive and desirable to me. You always have been. How many other couples married over twenty years do you know that are still making love three to four times a week? And please don't insult me by saying I'm only saying your attractive because I have to. And it's for damn sure I'm not making love with you because I have to.

"Why now? After 21 years? The reason I gave you the hall pass, besides you getting cold feet thirty minutes before the wedding, was because you told me that you were worried that you couldn't be monogamous for the rest of your life." A really obvious question popped into Nevada's head that he hadn't even considered before. "Look me in the eyes Pilar and tell me you've been faithful all these years."

Without hesitating Pilar looked right into his eyes and said emphatically. "Nevada, I'm insulted that you would even ask me that, but no I have never been unfaithful to you. I have never even done anything that wouldn't pass the husband test! You have hurt my feelings."

"Well excuse the hell out of me for asking, but you are going to cheat on me, so I thought it a fair question under the circumstances!"

"It won't be cheating sweetheart, because you are going to know about it."

"Pilar did you suddenly go brain dead? Just because you tell me you are going to fuck another man, doesn't mean it isn't cheating, you get that right?" He was incredulous. "Listen, let's get back to that later because..."

"Nevada, do you have to be so vulgar?"

"Pilar, what you are suggesting is vulgar, but as I was trying to point out, the reason I originally gave you the hall pass wasn't so you would get to try out a strange cock sometime." She started to protest again but he just shushed her up by waving his hand at her. "You have proven to me that for twenty-one years you have been a faithful loving wife, so why can't you do it for another twenty-one? Something else is going on and I want the truth. Don't I deserve that at least?"

Contrite but still adamant Pilar hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Ok Nevada, but before I explain myself in more detail you do have to understand that it truly doesn't have anything to do with you. It's all on me. Do you believe me?"

"I believe that's what you think, but how does you destroying our marriage have nothing to do with me?"

"Oh honey I'm not destroying our marriage, we are going to be fine. It's just something I feel I need to do for me. Why can't you understand?"

"Listen carefully to me Pilar, if you do this we will be divorced shortly after!"

She waved her hand dismissively at him. "Quit being so melodramatic Nevada, you aren't going to divorce me."

Pilar, I'm thinking about filing just because you brought up the idea, and I damn sure will if you go through with this insanity!"

"I was hoping we could be adults and it wouldn't come to this, but Nevada I have checked with a family law attorney before speaking to you about my need. Do you know what your life would be like in a divorce?"

Nevada's jaw dropped open and he became sick to his stomach. He was fighting back the bile in his throat as he asked incredulously. "Really, you're threatening to take my family away from me if I don't allow this, really?"

"Of course not honey, I'm merely pointing out the facts of life. I will get custody of the kids and the house until Pat turns eighteen. In addition to child support, you will have to pay me alimony for about ten years or so because you make so much more than I do. I will get half your retirement, because I don't have one. You remember we decided years ago to put all our efforts into your plan because it was so much better than mine? And you will still be required to pay the majority of the kids' college expenses."

"You can't be serious Pilar? I will file under adultery and get..."

"You really should check out the family law statutes in our state. Adultery isn't even grounds for divorce. Our assets will be split fifty-fifty and once Pat finishes school and turns eighteen the house will be sold and the equity split between us. So now that you know what the monetary cost of divorce is, never mind the psychological cost to your children, is that what you want to do us? I mean for me spending one weekend with another man, that's the cost you are willing to pay?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm willing to do, you stupid bitch!" He growled in response to her ultimatum.

"Nevada, don't ever call me another name. Listen very carefully to me. I could file for divorce tomorrow just because I don't like the color of shirt you are wearing, and all the things that I just explained to you would come to pass anyway. And there isn't a damned thing you could do to stop it, so keep a civil tongue in your mouth. This is going to happen, so you better get on board with the program real quick."

"So do I get to have a 'hall pass' too?"

"Of course not Nevada. First of all I never promised you one and secondly if I catch you so much as looking at another woman I will cut your dick off and then divorce you so fast you won't know what hit you."

He was speechless. He looked at the woman who used to be his loving wife now standing there with her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face. There was nothing more to be said so he just got up and walked away.

The children could tell something was seriously wrong between their parents that evening. They were acutely aware that their mom and dad hadn't said a single word to each other the whole night. Heck they hadn't even made eye contact.

As bedtime approached Nevada sat in the family room with a full glass of Jim Beam in his hand staring blankly at the television that wasn't even on, trying to contemplate what had happened to his marriage and his life in the last couple of hours. Pilar walked by on her way upstairs and sweetly informed him that she was going to bed.

Nevada followed about an hour later after finishing off his bourbon, out of habit he headed for the master bedroom. The door was closed and locked. In over twenty-one years together, that had never happened before. His first instinct was to kick the door down and throw Pilar out the window. Fortunately he came to his senses and simply turned around and headed back to the family room and the pull out bed in the couch.

The next morning he awoke from a troubled sleep. He had a pounding headache, his throat was dry and scratchy, and he was still wearing his now very wrinkled clothes from the day before. He trudged like a condemned man upstairs. When he reached the master bedroom the door was open. That's when he realized that the house was empty. Of course, it was Monday, the kids were at school, his wife was at work, and a quick look at his watch told him he was already an hour late for work. He quickly sent a text to his boss telling him he wouldn't be for a couple of days because of a family issue.

Nevada spent over thirty minutes in a scalding hot shower trying unsuccessfully to wash yesterday off of him. It took him another hour and a half to finish dressing because he would involuntarily stop every few minutes to try and make sense out of what had happened. He pretty much spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in that same state. The only productive things he accomplished all day were to make an appointment with an attorney for the next day and place a call to the owner of the investigative company they used at work for their pre-employment and annual fiduciary background checks.

As the kids got home they asked him what was going on and he brushed them off by saying that their mom and he just had a fight and everything would be fine. He told them to go do their homework and not worry about it. They were teenagers though and they didn't buy it for a second. Suzanne just stared hard at him then shook her head and walked away.

About four o'clock he got a call on his cell phone from Pilar. He decided to let it go to voice mail. When he listened to it he was astounded.

"Hi honey it's me. If you get home before I do don't start dinner. I will bring pizza from Antonio's on my way home. I love you bye, bye." She had a pleasant lilt to her voice. She sounded like a woman without a care in the world.

Contrary to his wife, Nevada had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He spent the remainder of the afternoon in his recliner again with his good friend JB. He didn't want to be drunk because in that state there was no telling what he could do to Pilar. On the other hand he didn't want to face her sober either. He settled for a slight buzz and a warm glow in his stomach.

He was trying without much success to understand his emotions. He was alternating between rage, shock, disbelief, and an incredibly heavy sadness. In the end he decided to act corresponding to Pilar's demeanor. At least until after he spoke with the attorney in the morning. Besides the kids were already jumpy and there was no point in furthering that issue.

When Pilar burst into the house carrying the pizza she was all smiles and happiness. She carried it through dinner and the rest of the evening. So Nevada acted accordingly. They carried on their usually pleasant conversations like yesterday never happened.

It appeared as if Steve and Pat accepted that everything was alright, but Nevada didn't think Suzanne did. She would alternately stare at both her mother and father as if looking for underlying signs of discord.

Once the kids were upstairs in their rooms for the night doing god knows what on their various electronic devices Nevada retreated to his chair with another glass of bourbon. When the kids were little he and Pilar were practically police like in their control of the kids internet access, but now they figured for the most part they were better off not knowing what their teenagers were doing.

Besides He was the account holder on their bundled services and had a feature where he could tell what everyone's activity was. Wait, he had access to EVERYTHING everyone was doing! Just as he was going to jump out of his chair and race to his computer Pilar practically bounced into the family room and jumped onto his lap. She gave him a peck on his lips.

"See that wasn't that hard was it Nevada?"

A dark angry cloud passed over his face, but he let his indignation go. He was once again reminded of his attorney's warning.

"You know Pilar you never really answered my question last night. I can't believe this was a spur of the moment decision you made, so tell me why now?"

Pilar was convinced that she had the upper hand and was firmly in control of the situation so she simply told him the truth.

"The part about me being terrified of getting older is true. It is the biggest part of why I have to do this for myself. But, there is also a gentleman at work, well he and I have kind of made a connection. We've been talking and came to a mutual decision that we would have this one weekend together. Oh, and by the way, it will be next weekend." Nevada noticeably stiffened and almost threw Pilar off his lap. "Now quit acting like an adolescent and come to bed and make love to me. I am sorry about locking you out of the bedroom last night but I needed to reinforce for you what you would be giving up in a divorce." She was looking at him hopefully.

Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,781 Followers