All Comments on 'Wilderwood Ch. 07'

by Scorpio_Six

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Little Brother

Just loving this story!

So is Little Brother's name James or was that a red herring?

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Love This Whole Story

Every part drives my need for the next and the mystery is so intriguing. Dad just be a pretty cool character to just casually stroll down the hall with his son after being caught coming out of a hotel room. I did notice that you said the bust of Emily was in the library but the you say James looked at the bust of William when he entered the library.

cindyp1976cindyp1976over 4 years ago
Loving this story

I am really loving this story even if the father is kind of a perverted, gready ass that's probably cheating on his wife. I can't wait for the next part

Jala_WestJala_Westover 4 years ago
Eminently enjoyable

While the genre/category tells you what the big family secret was, It is certainly a fun read to get to see the characters explore that far themselves. I'm also enjoy how well flushed out even the secondary characters are done. I eagerly await more!

Robinius1Robinius1over 4 years ago
Enjoying this

So glad you are continuing your story. A close call at the hotel with dad. I wonder what dad was up to? Stay tuned! I know I will! Thanks.

thedayafterthedayafterabout 4 years ago

Such a brilliant series, really loving it. Although, like Emma said "I'm starting to worry that you're getting paranoid, little brother." I'm also getting concerned with the level of paranoia that EB is exhibiting, worrying that it may eventually affect their relationship if it gets worse.

The bright side from this chapter is that Emma is considering moving back to the local college so that she can be with EB if he can't go upstate with her. However, I do get worried about their future when you drop in uncertainty about their relationship. That bit in the hotel room when EB inadvertently mentions them getting married in the future and they both don't know how to deal with that conversation.

I can't remember anywhere in the series that you've given us EB's, Emma's Brother, first name. But his reaction when Emma tells him about one of her romantic books 'The Master of Wilderwood Hall' suggests to me that EB's first name is James. The book was about the romance between James Wilderwood and 'his one true love' a women named Emma. Coincidence?

Also, is there a suggestion that sibling incest runs in the family, the newspaper obituary mentioned the death of a sister, Jane, and the the brothers Richard and Joseph never got over her death.

So many threads in what at first appears to be a sibling love story. Not to mention what's going on with Dad!

Can't wait for next installment.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Was Curious. Am delighted.

I took a look at the first chapter out of curiosity, and then didn't stop until I got here. Now I'm annoyed at having to wait for the next chapter.

I really enjoyed the whole thing. The plot is sweetly romantic, sexy as hell and worryingly mysterious. The characterisation is superb, the humour sly - with a wonderful irony, and the writing a pure delight. I love the little nerd Easter Eggs that you toss in here and there, and as a WOW fan, agree that while Sylvanas is a psycho bitch, she is really hot.

At first I was devastated that this was going to be yet another unfinished story, but then seeing the posting dates of the last two chapters, I can relax once more.

Great work, sir!

_RD__RD_almost 4 years ago
Oddly...

I find the father vaguely likeable - he's obviously not a great human but he doesn't seem malicious or spiteful or nasty - yet, at least - you could probably hold a conversation with him without wanting to smack him much ( eyerolls are something else ). Totally oblivious though - mind you my dad waved his obvious affair in my face almost exactly like that so not remotely unlikely... who knows, maybe the mum is doing the same & it's one of those things they mutually pretend isn't going on. He seems to be treating his kids pretty well, all things considered.

Have to agree that EBs paranoia is getting to me too - every scene seems to have a shoe waiting to drop, even the ones I think are meant to be reassuring. Possibly associating this place with Twin Peaks a bit too much :) I think we might need more reassurance about their relationship than they do...

This intertwined background with all these real characters is breathtaking - so easy to visualise, so rich & so easy to imagine this on film. Still don't have any idea what the vlimax is going to be about but I really can't wait.

TheLunarLorkhanTheLunarLorkhanover 3 years ago
Update?

If we could get this story completed that would be great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Love it and want to see the ending

I love this series but i am a little sad with it not getting an ending yet. Please keep going with it!!

Monstar9707Monstar9707almost 3 years ago

I wonder if the dad will find out about them while they catch him in an affair and it's a I won't tell if you won't thing that'll start

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's getting eerie each chapter, like this town is like from silent hill. Maybe whole town is a cult or there's a secret society inside the town. Even the "hook" has yet to be caught

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 3 years ago

Okay, so reading through the comments, one poster who goes by the moniker thedayafter hit on most of the same thoughts that I had. But I'll go one step further.

I firmly believe Joseph and Jane were intimate lovers just like James and Emma are now. [Yes, I'm going with the same assumption that EB is really named James] I'm also going to add that Alex the YouTube guy was researching Joseph and Jane at the library as part of his putting together an expose' about Emma and James. It runs in the family sort of thing.

Dad is definitely sleeping with Morgan IMHO. I'm willing to bet that he was just leaving her room when he crossed paths with Junior.

Good stuff with lots of plot twists!

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

This was a well thought out and fantastically written story. You can tell that the author (Scorpio_Six) put a lot of time and effort into plot development. I loved Jamie's use of sarcasm liberally spread throughout the story, similar to Nelson DeMille's style, only better, because there is less of it here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Going downhill, Dad is a cheating asshole now? WTF.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScorpio_Six@Scorpio_Six
The revised edition of Wilderwood is now available on Smashwords in a three book series. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AjScorpio These make a few changes to the story (mostly minor) and features a lot of new material - some of which I considered including originall...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES