All Comments on 'Wilderwood Ch. 08'

by Scorpio_Six

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very happy to find a new chapter posted this morning and to read there will be more in the near future. Quite the twist at the party. I find myself wondering if Uncle Nathan is somehow involved in those revelations. Thank you for continuing the story. Can't wait for more.

OrthopodeOrthopodealmost 3 years ago

So glad you are finally finishing this, I gave up hope in 2019, then again after chapter 7. Well worth the wait

Jala_WestJala_Westalmost 3 years ago

Wow, I had written this story off, but I'm glad to see it returned to, and look forward to the next entries!

_RD__RD_almost 3 years ago

Damn you can write - I reread the whole thing ( coz hey, been a while! ) & it's just as amazingly atmospheric & knotted as the last times. If a little overindulgent occasionally :)

So EB got a name and probably some hair colour, so at least he's a little less Corey Feldman - that was a well dropped bomb for sure. Now I'm just waiting for Nathan to be behind Trowley ( Morgan being someone's plant is a bit of a given, I think ). So many fsscinating threads here & yeah they do make a good couple, just hope Jamie can have a real moment for himself rather than EB by the end.

PapaYumYumPapaYumYumalmost 3 years ago

I have loved this series since Ch 01. Each chapter since has built nice on the relationships and the story of the town of Wilderwood. At last we find out "Little Brothers" name, nicely placed in the chapter too. The relationship of Emma & Little Brother seems very solid. Emma & Little Brother also appear to be well grounded and very aware of their "use" by their parents as props for the perfect family. It seems that Little Brother is gaining confidence and becoming his own man as the series has progressed. Uncle Nathan seems like an interesting character. I won't speculate on any future plot twists as I'm always wrong. Thank you so much for returning to this series!

Jala_WestJala_Westalmost 3 years ago

Ok, more than a single line this time, I hope.

Emma and Jamie, having pushed back some against the more commercial aspects of the project is probably what Nathan wanted to see. I have every expectation that the falling out that James (the father) had with Nathan has not actually been resolved, but Nathan wanted to see if the next generation (that is Emma and Jamie) were good people, or in it for the money. Emma's comments on the town motto, and the history of the family likely put her in good standing with Nathan, while Jamie's support for Emma is likewise positive. Nathan's line about unwelcome outsiders definitely drives home that this project isn't what he's actually moving toward, and does lean into the idea that while Nathan may not have helped Trowley, he likely didn't move to stop Trowley either - if (and as of yet, this is a big if) he knew what was going on.

Frankie1952Frankie1952almost 3 years ago

Loving this, with you all the way so please keep going. I am in awe of your talent and your imagination.

Scorpio_SixScorpio_Sixalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for the thoughtful comments. It's good to know that the story still has you interested after such a long gap. I'd love to respond to some of the speculations, but I dont want to inadvertenty spoil what's to come.

Chapter Nine will be up in a couple of days. There's a lot to tell still, and it's looking like the story will be 12 chapters, rather than 10. I'll stay on schedule.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad to see you back to work on this story; it's different than most everything in this genre, or any other genre it would fit, without the bro-sis relationship. I could easily see this working with them just being a close bro & sis, in EC, wouldn't work in LW's, LOL. Lit would need a Cheating Scumbag w/ Delusions of Grandeur category, if you gave Jamie and Emma significant others.

Good story line to carry the perverted smut. :)

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Part of the shit hits the proverbial fan, from here it just spreads and splatters.

Great and definitely brilliant story. Scores 5/5

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Yup! Just about what I figured. I knew that Dad was cheating with Morgan, and I figured that his little development deal wasn't totally on the up and up. But I was surprised that it was far worse than I thought.

Keep it coming! Good stuff!

SashaeDSashaeDover 2 years ago

WTH?? Are you going to just leave us hanging?? I'm loving it this work!! I love long drawn out stories!!

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

This was a well thought out and fantastically written story. You can tell that the author (Scorpio_Six) put a lot of time and effort into plot development. I loved Jamie's use of sarcasm liberally spread throughout the story, similar to Nelson DeMille's style, only better, because there is less of it here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScorpio_Six@Scorpio_Six
The revised edition of Wilderwood is now available on Smashwords in a three book series. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AjScorpio These make a few changes to the story (mostly minor) and features a lot of new material - some of which I considered including originall...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES