All Comments on 'Wilderwood Ch. 10'

by Scorpio_Six

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
_RD__RD_almost 3 years ago

Why am I a bit suspicious of Lauren? I guess she does seem a bit too good to be true ( mebbe that's what I was really bitching about last chapter - Em has fleshed out to something more real as Jamie's view of her did, looking back on that over the whole series that is a very neat device even if it wasn't intended ). Great stuff though, love how it's all unfolding & all the little cues... I'd love a really silly OTT pulp noir take on it one day, these characters would just slide in perfectly.

I certainly met goth-bondage-slut characters ( one owned a rubberwear shop, can't get much more cliche I think! aside from the one who was trying to break into porn, not entirely successfully. How you manage that I'm not sure ) but they all seemed to come across as strangely normal somehow, like they'd be shocked by things I'd barely raise an eyebrow at. After the absolute characters some of my family are/were maybe my weird-meter is calibrated ... weirdly.

To the manor, James! can't wait. Will avoid speculating more in case people do read the reviews, haha.

Jala_WestJala_Westalmost 3 years ago

First, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Second, ok, I didn't expect that.

Third, while I don't 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 trust the narrative that Lauren has told our intrepid couple, it's one that manages to perform a 180 on Trowley's character. It certainly takes Nathan from being someone who comes of as somewhat sympathetic to someone who isn't. Lauren's narrative comes off as plausible - Nathan wants to limit what James can do to the Wilderwood, and often the best way to stop plots is to shine light on them. By using Trowley, there is both plausible deniability for Nathan, and for James when the plans to expand beyond the first stage are backed-off of.

Forth, if true, this makes Cynthia's comment about games a lot more poignant, and makes me wonder what other 'games' Nathan has pulled in the past. I wonder how many of them have been Nathan doing what he thinks is the right thing to protect family secrets - which would bring to question what Nathan's brother told his son, and what Cynthia knows about the family history.

Fifth, I do expect that Emma and Jamie going up to the Hall to get answers is a step that Nathan has planned for, and their visit is expected. I also expect that Nathan will have by now learned about Jamie's visit to the institute.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

And the plot thickens! Lots of intrigue here. So looking forward to the next 2 chapters. Many thanks to this very talented author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredibly good story! I came across it as chapter 10 was posted and then I started reading it from the beginning. So very well written and credible characters. A story with real people and an engrosssing plot in which the incest comes over credible. It was such a pleasure devouring the first ten chapters and I cannot wait for the next one. Thiank you very, very much! 5 stars are too few!

Kpick96205Kpick96205almost 3 years ago

Great story so far. I look forward to the ensuing chapters. You have done a great job with developing and following the story line. Even better with character introduction and integration. I also love the fact that you have loving and caring love making in the story. Not slam bam sex that is derogatory or degrading. Again great job and I look forward to reading more of your work.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

I sincerely hope there are more than 12 chapters there is just so much to do here.

This is a brilliant story

5/5 again l wish l could give it more.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 3 years ago

Another well put together addition to this story. Thank you!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Emma quit smoking!!! I'm so glad that you made that decision for her!!! The rest of this installment was very good 👍 but I would have given you a 5 star rating for Emma quitting smoking alone. Thanks!

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

This was a well thought out and fantastically written story. You can tell that the author (Scorpio_Six) put a lot of time and effort into plot development. I loved Jamie's use of sarcasm liberally spread throughout the story, similar to Nelson DeMille's style, only better, because there is less of it here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScorpio_Six@Scorpio_Six
The revised edition of Wilderwood is now available on Smashwords in a three book series. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AjScorpio These make a few changes to the story (mostly minor) and features a lot of new material - some of which I considered including originall...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories