WildSpace - Voyage of the Naginata Ch. 06

Story Info
The crew of the Naginata's further adventures.
9.5k words
4.71
1.2k
1

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 04/15/2024
Created 03/11/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Headed into surgey today, so the next part will be at least a week or twoout, sorry

Serra's eyes slowly opened, blinking a few times, she frowned. Her room was usually dark and gloomy, but now, her eyes couldn't pierce the darkness that filled her quarters. It was dark... too dark... and cold! She pulled her sheet off and sat up.

Why is it so cold?! She thought. She pivoted and put her feet on the floor. She could feel the cold through the rug covering the majority of the room's floor.

What the hell?!

She exhaled and could faintly see steam coming from her mouth! She slipped on some light shoes and stood. She looked over her shoulder to see her love, the powerful, yet feminine warrior Katarina sleeping soundly. Her dark red lips were slightly parted and faint breathing sounds emanated from them. Serra smiled and headed to the door. She grabbed an extra blanket and wrapped it around herself. As she stepped into the hall she looked toward the front of the ship, then toward the rear. She could hear the dull thrum of the star drive, so there wasn't a power failure, but she headed to the engine room anyway. It was unnerving for her ship to be so quiet and cold. Every creak and groan of the ship seemed amplified. Serra shivered so hard she struggled even walking.

How is anyone else able to sleep in this chill?!

She walked past the med bay, where Katarina had spent a great deal of time, but thankfully, she has recovered. She passed the mess and through the lounge. She passed the storage and the ladder and lift down to the cargo hull. When she finally arrived at the engine room she felt warm. Of course the engines gave off heat, but why was the ship so cold? She went to the main console and inspected the readouts, but found nothing unusual. Shaking her head, she headed back up front to the bridge. In the "neck" of the ship, she pulled a panel and inspected behind it. This was the main control panel for the environmental systems. Then she noticed the problem.

Why are the environmental controls set on standby mode?!

She thought as she primed the system and got it restarted and back online. She stepped back and listened as the generators devoted to environmental control power up. She smiled and took a breath. She could feel the fans blowing increasingly warmer air begin to circulate. Then she turned on the ambient lighting system back to the "on" position.

"Serra?"

"Hey."

Kat smiled and approached her. "Why is it so cold?"

"For some reason, the environmental control system was on standby." She explained.

"That's strange, maybe Cali and I should run a full diagnostic on the system, just in case." Kat suggested.

"I think that's a great idea." Serra replied.

"We'll run a diagnostic on the life support systems as well." Cali added from the doorway of her quarters. Il'taira stood behind her wrapped in a blanket.

"Please, do that." Serra said with a shiver.

"Let me warm you up." Kat pulled her close. Serra sighed happily and laid her head on Kat's chest.

"Let's have some breakfast, then you two can get to work." Il'taira said, laying a gentle hand on Cali's shoulder.

"Agreed." Kat nodded.

Serra and Kat volunteered to make breakfast for the crew, as they did, Lexi and Saphina finally arose and entered the mess.

"Any idea what's up with the temperature?" Lexi asked.

"Kat and I will look into it, but my guess is a fuse popped and the system didn't switch over to the backups. I'm running a diagnostic program right now, but likely, it will be a hands-on process." Cali said.

"But let's eat first!" Serra said, carrying a large platter of food. Kat followed her with another platter in one hand and a jug of drink in the other.

The crew sat and consumed the meal together, something they hadn't done in a long time. They were like a family for Serra, she had grown to love them all, and especially Katarina. Her sudden appearance was a surprise to say the least. She had heard stories of the brutal, warlike Kurn and purposely avoided their sector of space. People would quake in fear at the sight of a Crimson Empire ship. Surprisingly quickly, Serra and Kat had formed an intense physical and emotional relationship. Now, Serra couldn't see her life without her. They had grown to love each other deeply and passionately, becoming very protective of the other.

"Serra?" Kat's voice grabbed her attention.

"Hi." She smiled at her.

"You okay?" Kat asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about how lucky I am." She sighed and leaned her head against the warrior's shoulder. Kat kissed her head and spoke in a hushed tone.

"Six months ago, when I met you, I never thought I'd be here, on this ship with you. Forsaking the power and prestige of either monarch or Lord Marshall for this life."

"Is that okay?" Serra asked.

"Oh yes!" She smiled. "I never knew I wanted and needed this," she kissed her again. "but I can't imagine it any other way."

"I'm so glad to hear that." Serra replied with a soft smile. Kat put her arm around her and pulled her close. They kissed sweet, tender kisses. Cali and Il'taira saw this act of love and held each other close.

I love you. Il'taira said in Cali's mind.

I love you too. Cali replied... in Il'taira's mind!?

"Cali?!" Il'taira said, surprised.

"Did I just do that?!"

"Do what?" Lexi asked.

"Cali just spoke to me with her mind." Il'taira said with a big smile on her face.

"What?!" They all responded in unison.

"Cali is started to tap into her latent psykik abilities." Il'taira explained.

"But... how?" Serra asked.

"We've been forming a bond beyond the physical and emotional... she been able to protect her spirit while we make love and will be able to do more in time." She said, stroking the engineer's arm.

"That's amazing!" Saphina exclaimed. Cali blushed.

"Can you show us?" Lexi asked.

"I...uh..." Cali looked to Il'Taira who nodded and smiled at her.

"Focus your mind and your heart." She whispered.Remember your energy and pull from that reserve. Show me, my love. Il'taira spoke in Cali's mind.

Cali nodded and focused her mind. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath. She recalled the moment she and Il'taira made love. When she first saw her own psykik entry manifest for the first time. She began to "feel" the energy, but strained to bring it out. Il'taira held her hand and gently rubbed it with her thumb.

"Focus..." Il'taira whispered.

A smile began to slowly form on Cali's lips. She opened her eyes, which glowed with blue-green light. That same energy began to coalesce around her. The crew looked on in shock and awe as the light grew bright, casting shadows in the corners of the lounge. Cali took a deep breath and projected her energy into a long serpentine form that raced around the room. It weaved around the others and returned to her. It swirled around her and Il'taira a couple times, then merged back into her. She took a deep breath and looked at the others.

"That was amazing!" Lexi finally exclaimed, breaking the silence.

"I... I don't know what to say, but that was... beautiful!" Serra said.

"Thank you." Cali blushed, a little shy and uncomfortable with this revelation she now shared with them. Il'taira put her arm around Cali and spoke to her in her mind.

That was wonderful! I knew you had it in you. She said.

Cali smiled and kissed Il'taira on the cheek. Lexi looked at them and gave them a wry smile. "So, you two are going to talk crap about us with your brains now?"

"Of course not!" Call replied defensively.

"I'm kidding!" Lexi replied laughing.

They all laughed. Serra, still leaning against Kat's shoulder, she watched her crew... her family all being at peace, and this gave her joy.

Later, Cali and Katarina inspected the results of the diagnostic scans.

"I'm not seeing anything that would give us any leads as to why the climate controls reset." Kat said, shaking her head.

"Keep looking." Cali said.

"Yeah, I'm going to grab some coffee, want some?" Kat asked.

"No, thank you."

Kat nodded and left the engine room. Cali sighed and rested her hands on the console and closed her eyes. She centered her mind and began to breathe slowly. Suddenly, she could "hear" something in her mind. Like a voice, but... not. She opened her eyes and much to her surprise, the room was filled with her blue-green energy! She tilted her head, as if trying to hear the voice. It seemed to be gibberish, but somehow she understood it. She smiled to herself and began to furiously tap away at the console. At that moment, Kat re-entered and looked around the room. The entry penetrated the machinery!

"Uhh... Cali?"

"I've got it!" She replied.

"Got what?"

Cali spun and rushed from the room.

"Where are you-" Kat tried to ask, but Cali broke into a sprint.

"Cali!" Kat called to her. She followed her all the way to the environmental control console. She pulled a panel off and dug into the wires. Serra exited the bridge.

"What's going on?"

Kat just shrugged and watched Cali work. The green lights began to blink on the console. Kat approached and checked the readout. She smiled and nodded.

"Kat?" Serra said.

"It looks as though there was a corrupt file in the system, but I'm not sure how. Looks like Cali got the file purged and reinstalled." Kat said.

"And some... fishy wiring." Cali added, holding up a cluster of wires with a small box attached.

"With the updates your ex gave us, she had some... interesting things installed and coded." Cali said. "I rewrote the vital code."

"That fast?!" Serra asked.

"Yep."

"How did you find it when the diagnostic program couldn't?" Kat asked.

"The ship told her." Il'taira interjected as she approached. Cali hurried to her and embraced her.

"That's right! She whispered to me." Cali declared.

"The ship?... told you?!" Serra questioned.

"This is the first true manifestation of Cali's psykik abilities... technomancy." Il'taira declared. "Very rare."

"What the-?" Kat mumbled.

"In time, Cali will be able to speak to the Naginata as well." Il'taira said, holding her tight. "I'm so happy for you my love!" She said and kissed her.

"Thank you..." she turned her face away.

"Cali? What's wrong?" Il'taira asked her with concern.

"I- I'm... scared."

"It's okay, I'll be at your side throughout this journey." Il'taira reassured her. Cali smiled and squeezed her tightly.

"Cap, incoming message from Verl." Lexi said over the comm.

"What does that mean?" Il'taira asked.

"A new job, come on!" Cali grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward the bridge.

"Been a minute Verl, what can we do for you?" Serra smiled at her old friend.

"Harkner, I see you have some new crew members." The thin, gaunt man said as he surveyed the crew of the Naginata.

"Yeah, we lost Hawk... but we gained some valuable new members." Serra said.

"Sorry about Hawk, he was stubborn, but he was always a loyal soldier." Verl replied. "I heard you ran into some trouble, glad to you, Lexi and Cali are in one piece."

"Well, you know me, I always find a way to get out of every tight spot." Serra smirked.

Verl chuckled. "Absolutely. So let me offer you some more good luck." He said.

"Talk to me." Serra nodded, leaning against her chair.

"Alright, fifty thousand to make the Call'lin run."

"What's the cargo?" Serra asked.

"Medical supplies and one doctor." Verl said.

"We don't usually take on passengers, especially for the Call'lin run." Said said.

"I know, but this is really important... sixty five." Verl added.

"Fine." Serra sighed, " Where's the pickup?"

"Gaia 2."

"Right... I expect payment before we reach the Gaia system." Serra said firmly.

"I'll send it over within the hour."

Serra nodded. "Naginata out."

"Kat..."

"On it." The powerful warrior glanced over her shoulder at Cali who gave her a nod.

"Jump in three..."

A few moments later the Naginata slid into jump space and was on the way to Gaia 2.

"I think I'm going to stay on the bridge for a while." Serra declared. She felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Saphina and I will take the bridge." Lexi winked at her. "You go relax."

Serra nodded and stood. "Kat, would you join me?"

Kat stood and smiled at her. "Of course."

Serra entered her quarters followed by Katarina. The Kurn closed the door and turned to face her lover.

"Kat... I'm so sorry." She said as she sat on her couch.

"Serra... what did I tell you?"

"You said you wanted to move past..." her voice failed.

"That's right." Kat moved to the bar and poured a drink for herself and for Serra. She walked over to Serra and handed her the drink. She backed up and leaned on the bar. She took a drink and watched as Serra did as well. Kat looked at her... really looked at her. Her eyes... green and sparkling. Her lips... pale and sensually full. Her toned powerful body with a soft edge. Her red locks tied back with a few strands falling around her face. Kat swallowed another drink.

"Kat?" Serra was suddenly nervous at the silence. Kat finished her drink, set down her cup and approached Serra. She gently removed the cup from Serra's hand and set it down. Serra looked up and swallowed hard.

Kat reached out and pulled the zipper of the captain's jacket down and opened it. She pushed the jacket off her shoulders, leaned down and kissed Serra's cleavage. Serra gasped and threw her head back. They looked into each other's eyes. She pulled up her shirt and licked her lips. Kat reached around and firmly gripped her ass, she easily picked her up and moved her to the couch.

"I love you." The warrior said gently, setting her down.

"I love you." Serra said with a sweet smile. The Kurn scooped up Serra's breasts in her powerful but gentle hands and squeezed them. Her touch, even though Serra has felt it numerous times, was unexpectedly tender. Kat's thumbs arched up and rubbed around Serra's stiff nipples. The captain gasped at her touch. Kat's dark red lips curled into a devious smile as she moved her hands and pinched Serra's nipples. She moved her hand and replaced it with her mouth. Serra groaned as Kat sucked on her nipple. Her free hand roamed down Serra's torso and tugged open her pants. Serra reached down and helped her open them and pull them down past her ass. Her legs opened as her pants fell to the floor and rested her hand over Serra's sex.

"So, you want me inside you?" Kat whispered. Serra looked into Kat's eyes, she but her lip and nodded with a whimper.

"Say it." Kat whispered firmly. "Tell me you want me inside you."

"Please..." Serra sighed as Kat tugged on her nipple. "Put your fingers inside me." Her voice was low and desperate.

"That's my girl." Kat said. Serra blushed. Kat held up two fingers and put them to Serra's lips. "Open your mouth." She demanded. Serra sheepishly opened her mouth. Kat gently slid them in Serra's mouth. She looked intensely into her eyes as Kat pushed her fingers as far in as she knew Serra could take. Serra almost gagged, but Kat was gentle and careful enough to not let that happen. Kat pulled her fingers out and rubbed them across Serra's lips, spreading her saliva on them. Then she slid them back in. Serra mouth filled with saliva. Kat withdrew her fingers and held them up. Glistening with spit, Kat smiled. She leaned in and kissed Serra sweetly as she reached down and slowly pushed her fingers inside Serra's already wet sex with a 'squish".

"Ohhh... my god!" Serra moaned. Kat's thick fingers filled her, and she loved it. "Oh... fuck!"

"You love it, don't you?" Kat smirked.

"Uh huh!" Serra panted as Kat slowly fucked her slowly. Kat chuckled to herself and thrust her fingers in and out of Serra. She stretched her thumb up and rubbed her clit. Her body began to tense as Kat curled her fingers up, driving Serra quickly to an orgasm. She grabbed Kat's shoulders, digging her fingers into the warrior's powerful Crimson-skinned arms. Serra let out a guttural scream as she finally reached her climax. Her sex gushed with fluid, covering Kat's hand and soaking the couch.

Kat stopped and waited for Serra's body to cease convulsing and slowly withdrew her fingers. Serra reached down and grabbed Kat's wrist. She pulled herself up to a seated position and opened her mouth. Kat smirked and held her fingers out. Serra eagerly licked Kat's fingers clean. Her tongue swirled around and between them. She lovingly licked up as much of her own juices as she could.

"Oh my!" Kat whispered. Serra smiled and collapsed back on the couch. Kat sat next to her and wrapped her powerful arms around her trembling body. She kissed the top of her head and just smiled.

After a few wonderful moments of silence, Lexi's voice came over the comm, breaking the peace.

"Coming out of jump space at the edge of the Gaia system." She said, as the jump drive wined down. "Setting course for Gaia two."

On the bridge, Lexi leaned back in her seat. "So, this should be a relaxing trip." She said looking up at Saphina who stood next to her. "We could use somequality time together." She grinned.

"That's all you two ever do!" Cali retorted.

"Can you blame us?" Lexi replied and slapped Saphina's ass. Cali rolled her eyes and turned to Il'Taira.

"Maybe we'll have time to..."

"Explore your gifts?" She smiled at her. "Of course, I can't tell you what exactly they are or how to use them, but I can help you find them and connect with them. Every person with psykik abilities has them manifest in different ways." She leaned close and spoke in a low tone. "Everyone has the potential, but not everyone can tap into those gifts. Some people have complete control over them..."

"Like you?" Cali said. Il'taira frowned and shook her head.

"No my love, there are many of my abilities I purposefully don't tap into because... I'm not certain how to control them. They lurk in the back of my conscience and I have to keep them in check."

"But why?"

"I could get lost in them. Tapping into an ability you don't have control over could cause a lot of bad things to happen to the user or those around them."

"Oh... that's... scary." Cali replied.

"Don't worry my love, I will guide you as best I can." Il'taira said. "Oh, you and I are not the only ones on this ship with abilities."

Cali's eyes grew wide. "Who?"

"I'm uncertain, but their gifts are..." She swallowed, suddenly uncomfortable. "I feel they are raw, swirling chaotic energies that come from the universe itself. It concerns me, but for the time being, everything is... calm for now."

"That's scary."

"Primal forces are very difficult to control, especially by someone who hasn't been prepared." Il'taira said, then smiled at the engineer. "I will keep you safe sweet Cali."

"Thank you, I definitely feel safe with you here." Cali smiled at her. A chime rang softly.

"Approaching Gaia two." Lexi said.

"I better call Serra and Kat." Cali said. Il'taira leaned down and kissed Cali on the top of the head.

"What was that for?"

Do I need a reason? Il'taira asked with her mind.

No, you do not! Cali replied with her mind. Serra and Katarina arrived, holding hands and smiling. They took their positions and prepared for the next adventure.

"We're being hailed." Lexi said.

"Let's hear it." Serra replied. The screen flickered to life. A curious alien none of them had ever seen before appeared. Smooth, near featureless face with two slit eyes and mouth.

"Greetings Captain Harkner, my name is Doctor Tiisi'min. I want to express my gratitude for your assistance in this endeavor."

"You're welcome Doctor," she didn't attempt to say his name back to him. "We should be ready to take on the cargo within the hour."

"Very good." The doctor replied. The screen flickered and went dark.