WildSpace - Voyage of the Naginata Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hold up!" Lexi said. "That...creepy dude is coming with us?"

"Lexi, stop." Serra spun in her chair. "He's going to be a passenger for two weeks and we're getting paid very well for this."

"Alright." Lexi replied.

"That reminds me, we ALL need to chill out with the carnal activities while he's aboard. Or at least... keep it quiet." Serra said to all of them.

"What?!" Lexi exclaimed.

"We're supposed to be professional Lexi." Serra scolded her.

"Fine." The Ops officer grunted. Serra took a beat, then addressed the entire crew.

"I adore you all very much and I appreciate all that you do. So let's do this job... because I have an idea once it's done." Serra smiled.

"Oh? Do tell... Captain." Katarina replied. Serra gave her a wry smile.

"I suggest, after this run, we take a week at Huin'ni Prime." She said with a grin.

"What's that?" Cali asked. Only Lexi nodded at the suggestion.

"It's a pleasure planet!" Lexi said.

"A what?" Kat asked.

"Lexi is understating it. It's a world on the edge of the core where anyone is welcome to experience all the good things life has to offer." Serra explained.

"Um.. okay." Kat said, still confused.

"There's no crime, no hunger, no poverty.... It costs a ton of credits to go there, but your every whim is fulfilled." Lexi said.

"Or just go for some peace and quiet." Serra added.

"Sounds... interesting." Saphina said hesitantly. Lexi turned to her and gave her a devilish grin.

"Don't worry, we'll never have to be dressed." Lexi said. The crew discussed the "vacation" they felt they could all use it after the last few months.

"Also, because of the distances, we'll have to make a refuel stop. Cali, would you run a check and find us irons for a refuel stop?" Serra said.

"Sure, give me a minute." She turned to her console, and Il'taira stood next to her stroking her hair. "Looks like we have three options."

"What do you have?" Serra asked.

"Hayward Outpost on Dundaril three, Star Base Sol, and, oh! The VoidStar of we push it."

Saphina looked up at Cali with intense interest.Please pick the VoidStar! She wished.

"Let's plan on Sol, but if we're good, we'll go on to the VoidStar." Serra said with a nod.

"Got it." Cali set it on the log. Saphina smiled slightly.

A chime alerted them to the approach of the transport. Serra turned to the console.

"Lexi, lock down the cargo hold and open it up. Kat, Cali, come with me." Serra said, exiting the bridge. The three of them headed to the boarding tube while Lexi prepped the cargo hold. The boarding hatch slid open and they three of them were in complete shock, for the alien's lower half was serpentine!

"What the?!" Cali whispered as he approached them.

"Quiet!" Serra whispered back. He gave them what can only be described as a smile.

"Greetings Captain." His voice was surprisingly soothing in person.

"Hello doctor, this is Katarina, my pilot and Cali, the ship engineer." They both give him a nod. He glanced at Cali, but turned his attention to Kat.

"A Kurn?" He said.

"Is that going to be a problem? There are two others aboard my ship." Serra responded.

"No, not at all." He reassured her. "I just haven't seen one in an age."

Serra stepped back a pace. "Good. Cali, please show the doctor to his quarters."

"Many thanks Captain Harkner. I will be going into a trance for the journey, so you likely won't see me until we arrive." He said and followed Cali up the hall.

"What WAS that about?" Serra turned to Kat.

"Come." She said and gently pulled her in the opposite direction. They walked all the way to the hall outside the engine room.

"Kat?"

"The doctor is a Soif'Axture, at least that is what they were called many years ago."

"A what? How do you know that?"

"His species... hundreds of years ago, the Kurn, Ghint and Soif'Axture were united in an alliance of sorts. But the Kurn and Ghint turned against the Soif'Axture and drove them to the most remote edge of the fringe. To this day, they have no seat of power, no government. I won't get into all the other garbage with all that, but I'm sure he was... unnerved at seeing me."

"I'm sure you probably feel the same way." Serra said.

"I do." Kat nodded. "I'm sure Saphina, Il'taira and I should steer clear of him."

"It sounds like you won't see much of him, but not a bad idea." Serra agreed. "Just go about our normal routines." Serra said. Kat nodded and fell quiet. Serra reached out and put her hand on the warrior's cheek. Kat looked into Serra's eyes and smiled.

"You always make these situations better." She took Serra's hand in hers and kissed it. "I'll follow your lead... Captain." She winked. Serra smiled and hugged her.

Later, the crew assembled on the bridge preparing for the journey. Lexi pulled Saphina to her lap and Il'taira stood behind Cali. Serra turned in her seat to face the crew.

"Okay, should be a pretty simple run... the Call'lin run is pretty remote, so let's make sure everything is ready for a long run, and we'll jump in two hours."

"So, if it's so remote and inhospitable, why is this doctor taking supplies out there?" Lexi asked.

"To be honest... I'm not exactly sure, but we're being paid a lot of money to do it, so who am I to question it?" Serra replied.

"You're the Captain, we'll trust your decisions." Kat said.

"Definitely!" Cali agreed.

"Good, okay. Set a course for outpost 2774. We can top off our fuel and resupply before we jump." Serra said.

"Short run to 2774, let's just take the bridge." Kat suggested.

"Sounds good. We'll manage the refuel and Lexi and Saphina can take the jump run." Serra said. "We'll be at the Outpost in half an hour."

Saphina climbed off Lexi's lap and walked out of the bridge with Saphina following quickly. Cali and Il'taira also left the bridge.

"Is there a reason you wanted the first shift?" Serra asked Kat.

"Yes." Kat turned, and slid to the edge of her seat and gave Serra a serious look. Kat was wearing her hair in a long braided ponytail, a black tank top and black pants with heavy boots. Her powerful arms rested on her thighs.

"What is it?"

"I wanted some time... to talk to you." Katarina's eye contact broke for a moment.

"Kat?" Serra reached out to her and placed her hand on Kat's forearm.

"Serra... you know I'm crazy about you, right?"

"Of course." Serra said with a smile.

"Remember when we were on Wrolmar, and we pretended to be bonded?"

"According to your father, we are bonded."

"Well... you know I don't expect you to stick with it, right?" Kat said.

"I suppose not." Serra replied nervously.

"I was... wondering..." The Kurn's voice grew very quiet.

"Yes?" Serra urged her.

"Would you... bond with me... for real?" Kat finally asked. Serra's eyes grew large. Kat looked up and turned away. "I just... forget it." Her head dropped low, "I'm... sorry, I just..."

Serra slid off her chair and kneeled in front of the powerful, yet vulnerable warrior she took Kat's hands in hers. "Kat? Look at me." She said quietly. Kat begrudgingly looked up at her, Serra was surprised to see Kat's eyes full of unfallen tears.

"I would be honored." She gave her a warm smile.

"What?!"

"Yes! I'm saying yes!" She laughed. Kat's eyes opened wide. "In my culture, we call it getting married, and I am thrilled to call you mine."

Kat smiled and suddenly got to her feet. Before Serra could fully stand up, Kat grabbed her waist and lifted her off the ground.

"Whoop!" Serra laughed, her eyes smiled and glinted in the star light. Kat held her tight, tears streamed down her cheeks. Serra slipped down and looked up at her.

"Why are you crying?" Serra asked as she wiped the tears away with her thumbs.

"The way I was raised, the life I have lived, the responsibilities thrust upon me, practically since birth... I always looked at my future like a mirror of my father's life. A mate who was found for me, with no real love..."

"That was never going to be you. You are entirely unique, compassionate and you obviously would never stand for that." Serra said. Kat smiled.

"Thank you." Another tear rolled down Kat's crimson face. Serra frowned and kissed it away.

"My big strong badass warrior is actually a softie!" She giggled. Kat frowned and scooped her up again and kissed her hard. After a few minutes of passionate kissing, Serra pulled away.

"I have an idea." She grinned devilishly.

"We shouldn't leave the bridge." Kat replied.

"We don't have to." She said and flipped a switch just below the main viewer. Much to Kat's surprise, several panels in front of the pilot and captain stations slid away to reveal another station set below and in front of them!

"What's this?" Kat asked.

Serra jumped down three feet to the "new" deck. "This..." she flipped a couple switches, causing the area to light up. "Is the actual tactical station."

"I thought the tactical station was back there." Kat motioned to where Lexi usually sits."

"That's Ops. Yeah, tactical is routed to that station, but this has complete control over all the tactical capabilities of the ship." She explained.

"There's now more?"

"Yeah, but I didn't jump down here to talk about that."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, now take off your pants and sit on the edge here." She said and slapped the deck. Kat laughed, shook her head and disrobed. She stood above the Captain, completely naked with her hands on her hips.

"I thought you said we were supposed to dial back the... carnal activities." Kat said.

"Get down here, I'm hungry!" Serra smirked.

"Aye Captain!" Kat replied and placed her muscular ass on the cool metal of the deck and spread her legs.

"Beautiful..." Serra sighed as she beheld her. She reached out and gently caressed Kat's dark red folds. A shiver rippled through Kat at Serra's touch. She gently pushed aside those folds to unveil the Kurn's pink, wet sex. Serra grinned and leaned in. Kat's scent filled her nostrils and made her dizzy with lust. Her tongue started at the bottom of her slit and slowly slid her tongue up to her clit. Kat's body immediately responded to Serra's touch. Kat reached down and placed her fingers into Serra's red locks and watched her as she lavished her womanhood with love and attention. Serra licked eyes with Kat and lustfully devoured her. Kat bit her lip as waves of pleasure washed over her body.

Kat's muscular thighs flexed and her body trembled as she got lost in the pleasure. Kat groaned and fell back onto the deck. She grabbed the sides of the consoles on either side of her. Her tongue and lips caressed her sex. Serra smiled to herself as Kat's back began to arch and her breath came in desperate gasps. Her legs squeezed against the side of Serra's head as he orgasm began. Her body jolted and jerked and Serra found her mouth filled with the warrior's juices. She swallowed hungrily, enjoying her lover's taste and wanting more. As Serra lapped up everything Kat could give her, the Kurn climaxed again! She slammed her fist against the console as she screamed in overwhelming pleasure. Serra pulled away and wiped off her face. She climbed up and laid on the heavily breathing crimson-skinned warrior. Serra grinned a big, silly, toothy grin. Kat looked up at her breathlessly.

"What?"

"I love you." Serra stated.

"I love you too." She cocked an eyebrow at her. "There's more behind that silly grin, spit it out."

"I can't wait to be your wife." She sighed. Kat smiled and wrapped her arms around the much smaller human.

"I've felt a connection with you from very early on, I do not go into this carelessly. I swear to you in my life and honor as a warrior, I will always protect you." Kat said very seriously and sat up. Serra straddled her, holding herself close to the Kurn.

"I know..." She whispered and kissed her sweetly. "My big bad warrior protector."

A warning chime filled the bridge.

"Shit!" Serra growled.

"It's okay, we'll reconnect later after our bridge duty." Kat reassured her with a kiss.

"Fine." Serra pouted. Kat chuckled and lifted her up and over her head onto the bridge deck. As she stood, Serra dropped into her seat to see what the committing was about.

"This is..." the ship suddenly shuddered hard and dropped out of jump space. Kat pulled on her breeches and took her seat.

"What the heck is going on?"

"The environmental system reset again and it shorted out the jump drive." Serra said.

"That doesn't make sense." Kat said, "Those two systems aren't even tied together."

"I know!" Serra said. "We'd better get Cali up here."

"Right." Kat turned back only to see Cali and Il'taira enter.

"I hear her..." Cali began.

"Hear what?" Kat asked.

"The Naginata... she's... sick." Cali said and sat down. Serra turned to look at the young engineer.

"I'm sorry, what?!" Serra looked at her confused.

"The ship is... speaking to her." Il'taira said. "Her powers are growing and developing quickly."

"Okay... what does that mean?" Serra asked, stealing an uncomfortable glance at Kat. Cali put her hands on the console and closed her eyes. Il'taira put a hand on Cali's shoulder to help her focus.

"Focus your mind..." Il'taira whispered. A blue-green glow softly emanated from Cali as she went deeper into the "soul" of the Naginata. She frowned as the strain began to build. Suddenly she gasped.

"She's got a virus!" Cali said.

"What? How?!" Serra asked.

"Kyree's people infected her and..." Cali paused and frowned.

"That bitch!" Serra growled.

"I know what the problem is and she is... telling me how to fix it." Cali said. She removed her hands from the console, suddenly breathing hard. Il'taira put a supportive arm around her and whispered something to her.

"What do we do Cali?" Kat asked quietly. The engineer took a deep breath and smiled to Il'taira, who gave her a nod.

"We need to do a system-wide reboot," She said.

"That will shut down life support!" Serra said anxiously.

"If we act quickly, we'll never notice. But, it's going to require some good timing." Cali said.

"Alright, let's get to it, what's first?" Kat asked.

"What do you need from-" Serra's question was interrupted by the ship powering down and going dark!

"What the?!" Serra exclaimed.

"Now what?!" Lexi growled as she and Saphina appeared in the gloomy shadows of the hallway leading to from the bridge. In a moment of silence, the entire crew could hear the engine and compulsory generators wind down and go silent.

"Okay, let's not panic, Cali, Katarina get our power back on a quickly as possible." Serra took control.

"On it!" Cali pulled out a flashlight and clicked it on. She turned to Il'taira and kissed her on the cheek. "Stay safe my love."

Il'taira smiled and nodded to her. Kat and Cali hurried off the bridge. Serra took a deep breath and turned to Lexi. "Lex, can you and Saphina check the storage bay to see if we have any charged power cells on board. We can use them to power up certain systems if need be."

"Will do." Lexi replied. She and Saphina rushed off.

"Is there anything I can do?" Il'taira asked.

Serra thought for a moment, then looked to her. "I don't know if this is a thing... but can you... use your powers to cast a calming... vibe over the ship?"

Il'taira smiled and nodded.

"We've got about two hours of breathable air, so it couldn't hurt." Serra said.

"I will do my best. I'll go to my quarters and focus on the task." She replied.

"Thank you." Serra said grimly.

The bridge fell completely silent and Serra began to worry about her crew. She loved them and felt it was her responsibility to take care of them. She took a deep breath, but was startled at an unexpected voice.

"Captain?"

"Doctor! I apologize for the inconvenience, we are doing some maintenance and we'll be on our way soon." Serra replied and stood up.

"Should I be concerned?" the curious alien asked.

"No, no... I'm sure my crew will have us underway in no time." She smiled into the darkness. "Just doing a reboot for-"

Just then, the lights flickered, the engines slowly began to power up and the fans of the climate control blew fresh air until the bridge.

"See?" She grinned. The doctor gave her a suspicious look and turned away. Serra sighed and dropped into her chair as the doctor "slithered" away. A sense of calm overcame her and she smiled to herself.Thank you Il'taira.

An hour later, the Naginata was in jump space and on their way. Serra sat in her seat watching the streaks of light go by. Cali and Kat worked on different systems throughout the ship. Cali attempted to "talk" to the ship, but with her skills still untrained, she struggled to understand what the ship was "telling" her. This frustrated her, but Il'taira tried to comfort her as much as she could.

"This is crazy!" Lexi blurted out from the tactical station.

"What Lex?"

"This whole thing! I can't believe the capabilities of this system." She exclaimed.

"Oh?"

"Like, all the software and system updates we did are just about the same this station has the capability to do!" Lexi hopped up on the deck and sat where not long ago Kat lay being pleasured by Serra. "I can fine tune the shields and weapon intensity!"

"You're like a kid in a candy shop." Serra laughed.

"This is exciting!" She said, then looked up at her captain. "I just want to know one thing."

"What's that?"

"Why have we never used this station before?"

"To be honest, the last time it was used was when I was a Templar and we had a full crew. The type of crap that our superiors made us do... there was entirely too much... oppression we had inflicted on mostly innocent citizens by the Templars." Serra explained somberly. "I was very lucky to get out."

"Sorry Cap." Lexi replied.

"It's okay." She slid back into her seat. "Things had only just begun to change when I left, but I still felt I had to get out, just in case."

"Makes sense, I know we're glad you got out and gathered our little family." Lexi said, in a rare moment of compassion.

"Thanks Lex." Serra replied with a sigh and a smile.

In the engine room, Cali perched on a stool, shoulders slumped and beads of sweat dotted her forehead. She was attempting to catch her breath, but each deep breath pained her. Her face was slack and pale. Her arms hung at her side limp and heavy.

"Cali?" Il'taira entered and rushed to her. "I could feel your strain and when I got an impulse of exhaustion, I came to check on you." She took Cali's hand and could feel it clamy and cold. "What happened?!"

The young woman gave her a half smile and slid off the stool and collapsed!

"Cali!" Il'taira exclaimed and stooped to check on her. She was conscious and breathing shallow and quick.

"My love, what have you done?" She whispered, pulling Cali's limp body into her lap. Just then, Katarina entered.

"Il'taira, what happened?"

Il'taira looked up, tears streamed down her cheeks. "I... I don't know, she just collapsed."

Katarina nodded grimly. Moving quickly, she stepped forward, scooped Cali into her powerful arms. "I'll take her to the med bay." She said as she turned and rushed out. Saphina sat in the lounge reading, but when she saw Kat carrying Cali, she jumped up and followed them.

"Call Serra to the med bay!" Kat said to Saphina as she vanished down the hall. Kat laid Cali gently on the gurney and stood over her. She looked at Il'taira.

"Now what?"

"I... I don't know!" She responded, taking a position on the other side of Cali. Just then, Serra appeared in the door.

"What do we know?" Serra asked. Her face was wracked with concern.

"I... I'm not totally sure, but I fear she has been using her newly discovered abilities to "speak" with the ship." Il'taira suggested. "I feel like she over extended herself."

"Why in the void would she do that?!" Serra asked.