All Comments on 'Will It Work Out?'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
Ronnie 1946Ronnie 1946almost 18 years ago
Ah Romance!

Lovely romantic fairytale. Well written, except for a few grammatical errors. Hope it does well in the contest.

shmueltzvishmueltzvialmost 18 years ago
Better In the Past than in the Present

With so many stories following the "I wanted my wife to be a whore (paid or unpaid) it's nice to read a romantic story going the other way. BRAVO!!

photographerphotographeralmost 18 years ago
Surely Alex could have left her past life?

She had 500 thousand dollars saved! Why couldn't she get out of the life she was in?

Apart from that - another great story from one of the best on Lit.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
We all deserve a second chance for happiness!!

There really should be a "Loving Husbands" category. A really wonderful story of a man determined to build a family despite the embarrassing circumstances of her past. To an old fart like me, this was a tale of true love where, after a terribly unhappy marriage our “hero” gets a second chance with a wonderful woman. DG, you never fail to hit the mark with a heart-warming tale filled with loving characters. Well done!!

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Sweet

I enjoyed this - a sweet, romantic story. Sometimes things do work out fine, thank goodness. Thanks for a good read, DG.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
To Be Or Not to Be

There might be many reasons why a woman chooses to work in the oldest profession in the world, but in this case it was the wife (ex-wife) who was the whore and not Alex. She told him the truth, didn't dress it up, explaining her circumstances, and so, it was in his hands to either accept it or run. Realistically how many men would have been able to cope with her past is beyond me, but I'm a sap for a love story and a happy ending, so I prefer to believe that there are people who can love with open arms and a giving heart, and "believe" your story.

Thank you for a pleasant surprise. These kind of stories are always scarce in the loving wife category--and it's kind of sad--because it IS the LOVING wife category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Heart Warming

Thanks DG, for giving us a really sweet romantic story. I truly enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
why not if you can live with it i can

you on a roll.

LazylonerLazyloneralmost 18 years ago
Heart Warming

I'm sure you are going to get at least a few "once a whore, always a whore" responses, but I'd be willing to bet that Alex ends up being a loving and faithful wife. She's seen the dark side and came out with her integrity intact.

Good story DG, its heart warming to see a romance that is actually romantic. Its a bit quick and the "courting" of Alex isn't fleshed out as fully as it could, but you did capture the emotion and made the story work. Not sure based on yoru description of Alex if she'd have been as quick as you describe to fuck the hero at the nude beach. (are there any in Nevada? Or close to Lost Wages? That was the one thing that struck me as a bit odd, but it helped the story so I forgive the artistic license.)

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Yeah, Half a Mill,

Half a Mill and she is STILL out there

(or maybe this is a long-term tale and you're allowing for Inflation) but a . .

Terrific Read nonetheless.

Yours,

Kilroy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Love is where you find it ...

and sometimes it's hard to find.

Nice story DG - good luck on the contest!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Enjoyed

I onced worked with a man who had a relationship with a former whore that did not work out due to him and not her. She was like Alex and treated him like gold but he could not get past her past. I could see that Greg could take the chance and enjoyed the story. Thanks for the words and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
money

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I agree that their courtship could have been fleshed out a bit more, but otherwise - no complaints.

As for tho 500k issue, some things for people to keep in mind: The Cost Of Living in Vegas is higher than most places. They mentioned their grandmas apartment. If she owned it and Alex inherited it, she could be including the sale price in that 500k. Also, if the sister is such a financial wiz as implied in the story, most of that 500k would more than likely be in long-term investments with probably only 50k - 75k available as cash at any given moment.

-Maltor

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Bullshit

You fucked this one up. Why did you waste your time writing this crap? I did not waste my time reading more than the first couple of paragraphs. Better luck next time.

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
I have seen it.

DG,

I have seen three different friends marry former protitutes over the last 30 years. One woman liked the variety and wouldn't settle for just her husband, she admitted that she was just a slut who enjoyed many different partners. She filed before cheating, just knew it wouldn't work and did her best to hurt the guy as little as possible. The other two did it for awhile and didn't care for the life. They managed to meet there husbands away from work. One courtship was about 8 months and the other a year and a half. When things got serious both women found real jobs and then explained their past. The guys accepted it (is there really a difference between a hooker and a very promiscuous female, the number of partners would be similar). Both woemen knew what they wanted, found it, and because of the previous job, had no desire for anything else. These two couples don't know each other, live a thousand miles apart, and one has been married for 21 years and the other 17. I just happen to know them both and have been friends with their husbands for 25+ years.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
Sweet

It's a sweet ending...

I just wanted to comment on the money she'd saved... you're forgetting that an object in motion tends to stay in motion, an object at rest tends to stay at rest. Change is hard and we often need a catalyst. It's hard to find the motivation to leave that kind of life once you get a taste of the money that starts rolling in. I think what we have here is the story of a woman who found a reason to leave it behind... nice job, DG, good luck to you :)

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Great reading!

I have read most of your stories, DG, and this one far surpasses any of the others. You actually made me cry, and I'm a 64-year old white man. It is too bad that we cannot rate you with a 1000, or even 10,000! I can see where this could very well happen, and I hope it did. A whore that is loving is one of the best wives possible, I don't care what any asshole or college-educated shitface says that differs with that thought.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
ROMANCE Just another superb tale from DG

Wonderful story of love and marriage.

I can say with assurance that many prostitutes who become affiliated with a man of character, not a pimp or player, will leave behind a life of hard work and degradation to fulfill a life of monogamous love and devotion. The need to have multiple partners is not a normal reason a girl or woman becomes a prostitute. Drugs are a totally different subject.

Thank you for this great entertainment

With the highest of respect

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fantasy

it fits the category. i just dont think a man would just go for the "pro"(w/ a good heart, of course *rolleyes*) after devorcing his wife, who was being a slut to another man. and after just knowing her for a few days. i wouldnt have minded if they have enough time to know each other.

but its a romantic fantasy, so i guess anything can happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
DG does it again!

I don't think I'm the only one who looks for your stories first when they get posted. We can alwayes expect a good read. There are all kinds of people in this world and you seem to find a way of matching them up. Another very good read even with an ending. Please keep them coming. I'm already looking forward to your next one.

An avid Fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
as someone already said

to go from one (ameteur) whore (wife) to another whore (a "pro" who managed to get pregnant!, who's able to help her younger sister finish college and raise two twins!), within a week (or two), and to top it all, to meet the "pro" in a "nude beach" (Nevada is nowhere close to the Pacific, so the beach must be by the Colorado river or by a small lake) AND declared, after ONE FUCK, within the same day of meeting her:

"I love you, even after just two days! Don't you love me, too?" ---- this is just too bizarre! it could only happen in some twisted fantasies as told in Lit-land here! lol

prostitution, by the way, is NOT like a lepeord's spot, which is GENETICALLY determined; prostitution, instead, is a SOCIAL activity, devised and engaged by humans for monetary, economic, and personal reasons.

so, yes, for THAT reason, people can and do go into and out of prostitution; and you have, I would imagine, prostitutes who don't go into the business willingly but who, however they got there, for one reason or another (too much money, the sex is "too good", what-not) don't want to get out or can't get out. but those cases are rare; for the most part, men and women, though by far it is dominated by women, who go into it go because of the hope they'd make a lot of money.

statistically, very few would be able to save $500,000 like this character, though most dream about it; most, in fact, ended up physically and mentally broken, used up, bruised, sick/diseased, and "thrown away" by society.

i just came across an article in the NY Times that in Germany prostitutions receive rights and health benefits similar to other "professions," and that they pay taxes and the "profession" is well regulated. it's about time!, as prostitutes don't do any thing except make members of society happy!, I never understand why they never receive formal societal benefits like health care, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
You have only one level

I always look for your submissions. they are always at the highest level dont stop

EnamoredEnamoredalmost 18 years ago
Good story but...

You needed to flesh out your characters considerably more. A one week stand is just a bit too short for my tastes to turn into the marriage made in heaven.

I'm always a sucker for a happy ending, but I think in this case I would have had this relationship develop over time (not quite sure how - it could be dicey with her having to hook for a living), but in any event I think that things should have been developed more.

All in all, a relatively good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

Another winner.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A nice story

I think it brought out all the good qualities of a human being. Yes, it may have been a bit idealistic but then would this not be a very special world if all of us learned to love the person if we did not love some of the actions. Thanks so much for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good variation on ARGEE story

This read like a good variation of ARGEE's story "The Story of My Wife".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I told you what I thought about your story

DG:

On another site. Here I want to congratulate you again but I also want to take a look at the piteous speciman of mankind TLee. He is listed nowhere in Lit, but I'm not surprised as his intelligence is too limited to actually read or be able to construct a sentence. His favorite story is: "Duh! I fuck you. Duh! You fuck me. Duh! Tomorrow we fuck again, Duh!" Actually I feel sorry for the poor bastard; It's hell to be a 5'4" tall chunk of dynamite with a 2" fuze. With all due respect that may not be his problem. The callouses on his hands are so hard they rip the flesh when he tries to beat his meat. Poor fellow! Thank You DG. Ronnie W.

MatAbrahamMatAbrahamalmost 18 years ago
Why not a Loving Wives Story

It did not take too long to understand why this was not a Loving Wives story. One of the best that I have read, as the story unfolds in a very natural way. Not kissing, while making love was the clue. Taking the phone and speaking from the bathroom was another. It was a natural sequence. Enjoyed it.

PraneetPraneetalmost 18 years ago
Great as usual..

loved it...nice story..really like ur endings..

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
A summer romance

Thanks for the heart warming romance. Combining the “hooker with the golden heart” theme (she is her sister ‘guardian’ ) with our need to find new hope (not to mention happy ending), and you could not go wrong on this one. A valid question has been raised by PHOTOGRAPHER though. If she raised that much money why could not she get out of her line of business and, say take a day job? The standard transitional job for “reforming fallen women” has been a small flower shop.

Maybe you tried to catch too much - BOTH damsel in distress AND a financial whiz...But it’s summer, and I did not let this small detail get in the way of my story time.

PenceysSecretPenceysSecretover 17 years ago
If she had 500k

couldnt she have educated herself? or at least stopped hooking? Was still a good story though :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Editing Comment

This was funny. You thank not one, but two editors and there is a spelling error in the first sentence - Does a tiger change his strips? STRIPES, is what I think it should have been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
DG, Please stand aside for a bit

'cause I'm ticked off; again.

To Anonymous in USA: Jumping Jesus Christ! You are not the savior of the English language! How dare you criticize any author. I fail to see any story on Lit from Anonymous in USA. Leave it alone already!

There is no author, from the best on down, who hasn't shuddered in horror to re-read their submission (regardless of the number of editors) to discover an embarrassing error. It happens to the best of us. Until you submit a perfect story under your nom de plume, leave it off mate. Thank you DG for your patience. I Sign off AS RONNIE W. Stick it in your ear Anonymous wimp!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I liked it!

I liked it. I'm not the other anonymous. I'm scared of Ronnie! LMAO

Thanks for the pleasure of the read.

sxcascinnsxcascinnabout 17 years ago
A pleasure as always

The day I get the pleasure of both my kids being in school I will have to see just how many of your stories I can read in one day. I have yet to read one I didn't like. What a brilliant writer you are. Thank you for the pleasurable read.

CastleStoneCastleStonealmost 15 years ago
Great Story

I really liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
heart warming

great story, sometimes you dont get to take the soft option in life, but have to make hard choices and live with the results,dont make you a bad person, good ending though.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
D.G., you never seem to miss.

This really turned out to be a great story. I had some misgivings at times, but you pulled it off in fine fashion, like you always do. Thanks for another fine tale.

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 13 years ago
Glad for him.

I am glad that life worked out for him. Pretty unlikely story, though, but then much of fiction is that way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Honestly

I read a lot of the comments and I have problem with it. Whatever she did she did it for her family, sister, grandma, and daughters. So what if she was a hooker we all have to do things we not proud of sometime depending on the situation.

Example, as soldier fighting in a war must defend his fellow soldiers. If he kills enemies that does not make him a murderer. We often give these people medal for their bravery.

Alex in this story was just someone who wanted to take care of her family, willing to sell her body to make sure the people she love was taking care of. The profession I do not like but her character speak volume. Also is it that different then someone who dated a lot before marriage? Now Greg first wife I would consider a whore because she betray her husband and overall just unappreciated him. I mean half a million dollars home in the country side is basically a mansion.

Also someone mention she have 500 thousand why not leave the job? Well I know 500k is a lot of money but thinking from her point of view she have a sister who just got out of school with no job, I assume she pay for this short vacation with her sister to celebrate. Also, 2 kids who just 3. You never know what can happen in a heart beat so yeah some people worry and save money so in case something happen.

Also, the profession is not glamours but we have to look at situation. Judging someone base on their profession is just wrong. It the overall person we should look at. I believe Alex will be the best thing for Greg because she told her all of her secrets before she know he was well off. Greg point out she have saving and that why did not matter to her he might be a construction worker. It not the money that matter but the trust they build on. Unlike his first wife who lie about being pregnant. That woman need to end up with an abusive guy who whore her out for the whore she is.

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 13 years ago
Loved it

I have read this story quite a few times and still enjoy it.

Regardless of previous scathing comments I would like to add my two cents worth. I have two friends who married EX (stress EX) prostitutes and they have the absolute best marriages imaginable. One has one child and the other 3 kids. All are happy and three of the kids have produced grandchildren. For me this proves that the past is the past and the future is up to the individual to make it what they want it to be. My friends are both now in their late 60s and their unions have passed the test of time. I don't think their ladies are considering returning to their previous employ lol! I am an ex cop who has been around the traps and seen a bit during my time and have a fairly open mind on people until they prove me wrong. Can't stand drugs though!

Thanks for a very heartwarming story.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I really liked this story, DG.

In my varied life experiences I have known several prostitutes who have made good wives to their husbands. One or two who has gone back into the "life" but more had a good life with their husbands and had a nice family. There is good in nearly everyone. Some are forced into the life and some are just too lazy to work. If there are any reading my comment, good luck to you in your own life regardless of your history. We all have made many mistakes, just do the best you can from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Missed this one!

I haven't read one of yours in a while. Some How I missed this one so when I saw it on the random story list I said "why not, Ive enjoyed most of his other stories in this genre." I wasn't disappointed. Sincerely yours, The evil anonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Maybe I stayed in the wrong hotels

In all of my visits to Vegas I've never gone snorkeling, chilled on a nude beach. Maybe its on Fremont? No, all wrong. That literary faux pas turned me off from your story. That and you've offered this story before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Is it really true or just another story ?

Good read... Needed more sex though...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a good little story

glad he was able to see past her being a hooker....but then many men get married to women who were hookers to pay their way through college and never get to know the truth or women marry men who were escorts....works both ways...but at least he knew her past history and was prepared to take her and her kids on...and she was not taking him for a ride with all the money she had saved....must have fucked a few hundred guys to get that amount in savings....must have had a twat like a horse collar....and loose too....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WOW! GREAT NO FUCKEN TASTIC STORY MAN!

It's about time someone wrote about marriage, Love and Cupids Arrows! You never know who you will fall in love wpeople

Without blowing sunshine up your rear posterior!

you are my favorite Author, love reading your stories

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

Love you all! GREG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE! ★★★★★

OH OH OH! WHAT I WROTE SOUNDS SO GAY (I ain't gay but I don't have anything

against Gays or Lesbians) we are all just People

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Well

she sounds like a better bet than that first plastic bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A whore/with twin.?

You have to be kidding and he was the first guy she fell in love with, and sex on he beach / who they can be that hard up / twins with what type of lineage/ my god shot yourself and do us a favor.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Damn good Pretty Wiman story

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a great story, reminds me of Pretty Woman, rich man meets hooker, falls in love and they live happily ever after. Well Done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The author in his romance stories has a thing for women with children. My first wife was like this with two daughters. My marriage was a nightmare, she was bi-polar. Unfortunately there is often a reason why there are single mothers.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Wow! All that was pretty ambitious for a long weekend. Great story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A Pretty Woman type of story with benefits: Sammy and Tammy. Let's wish them the best; they had it rough and pulled through against the odds; now let's enjoy the nice dream life.

5*

BJ

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

"I'm your daddy" I laughed out loud. This is so unbelievably stupid and saccharine. Daddy's back, Daddy's back. Lolol. Sooo stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To rbloch66, did you actually read the story? Near the beginning it says that he booked a TWO WEEK break in Vegas.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Since when does Vegas have a nude beach?

.

Otherwise, easy 5 *****

chasbo38chasbo38about 1 month ago

I know that men have married prostitutes. I know that some sex workers are married. But personally I would have a difficult time wondering whether I was working with or playing ball with a man who had purchased my wife for money.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I don't understand why people should put morals into judgung a story. A story is good if it is well written not about the sub ject and in that case CG Hear never fails!! I loved it!

LudvigBlomSE who unfortunatilile lost his password in a pc-crash

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5721 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories