Willing Slave, Unwilling Master Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to say this rather adorable effort to indulge Lucy's curiosity was down to me, but I doubt X would ever give me the satisfaction. I've spent the long hours since Rose left hanging out with X and Lucy. Partly because I don't really want to be alone, but mostly because I don't know anyone else here. Unless you count Marvin, and I don't. Stars only know what I would end up implanted with if I spent my time with him.

"Of course," X says with practised casualness, "it might be that she won't be able to communicate with us."

"You think something happened to her?" I ask, starting to pace.

"I think we may have underestimated the compounds determination to keep their secrets hidden. It's possible that your ex is somewhere in the complex thats electromagnetically shielded."

"My ex?" I say, halfway between despair and anger.

"I find it's better to lower expectations," X says. To my surprise Lucy looks up at her Master with what could almost be described as a disapproving frown.

X recoils as if slapped. "I'm sorry," he says quickly. I notice he's not apologising to me. "Rose will be fine, our agent saw her enter the compound a few hours ago."

Lucy considers her Master for a long moment, before nuzzling his neck and returning to her play-set. I watch the two of them for a few minutes of blissful distraction, before my new government issue tablet starts to vibrate against my leg. It's been so long since anybody phoned me that I jump in surprise. I eye the tablet as if it were a snake about to strike, as I pull the sheet of folded glass from my pocket,

"Hello?" I answer, nervously.

"Dan?"

"Claire?"

"Hey!" she says brightly. "I wasn't sure if you would pick up. You haven't been," she finishes accusingly.

"Yeah, sorry, there isn't much of a signal here." I look over at X, hoping he might fill me in on what exactly my fabricated alibi is.

"That makes sense. I never imagined you would be interested in fish farming," Claire says, causing X to grin over the head of his slave. Is he listening into this phone call?

"I had an offer I just couldn't refuse," I reply, glaring at X. Who seems even more pleased with himself than normal, which is saying something.

"Hows Rose?" Claire asks. "We've missed her." I notice there's no mention of missing me. My slave girl makes friends faster than a billionaire in a slum.

"Yeah, she's fine," I say. "She's enjoying the fresh air."

"That's wonderful, tell her we're thinking about her."

I assure her I will. "So what's up?" I ask, knowing that social calls aren't really Claire's thing.

"Oh Dan!" she gasps, as if remembering why she phoned in the first place. "It's great! Some businessman wants to fund us!"

"Excuse me?" I say, moving the tablet away from my ear. Her excitement is sweet, if not a touch loud.

"He got in contact with us out of the blue!" she says in a single breath. "We've met him, and he seems really nice! Dan with the kind of credits he's offering we could afford view screen adds, and staff, and pamphlets delivered to all the other hubs!"

"Woah," I say, my head spinning. "How does he even know about us? It's not like we're on the school weblink." The school has been grudgingly letting us have our club since junior year, only because they couldn't find any rules to stop us.

"I don't know!" she says, breathlessly skipping past these minor details. "Jasper has been handing out pamphlets since you've been away. Maybe he read about us?"

"Well, this is great." I tell her, trying to sound enthusiastic despite my suspicion. To say the timing of this seems off is probably the understatement of the century. "I'll be back in a week or so."

"Ah," Claire says, "well the thing is he wants to meet all of us."

"When?" I ask with a sinking feeling.

"Tomorrow," she answers quietly.

"Tomorrow?" I say, glancing over at X who returns the look impassively.

"In the morning," she confirms before hastily continuing. "See the thing is he's got business in another hub, and he's not sure when he will be back for another chance at a face to face meeting."

"Well, he's not exactly given us much notice." I reply, buying myself some time.

Is this guy for real? My gut tells me no, but what if i'm wrong? We've survived this long on our own pocket money more or less, barely able to afford printing our pamphlets. It's not out of the question that someone with money might be sympathetic towards us. Maybe he has a slave who he loves? That I could relate to. Or perhaps he just has a guilty conscience. It doesn't really matter, as Claire says, we could do so much with the money. We could give more slaves like Rose and Lucy a chance to explore their interests, and lead more comfortable lives.

"Please Dan, we need you," Claire says, interrupting my chain of thought. The desperation in her voice takes me aback. It's way out of character for her.

"Okay," I say, trying not to sound too fatal. "I'll say I have a family emergency or something. Where are we all meeting?"

"Ah."

"What now?" I say, pressing my palm against my forehead.

"Well, the thing is we're all going to be at school," she says apologetically. "But he says he's happy to meet just you, so don't worry."

I groan into the tablet. Of course, since the introduction of ident chips playing truant from school is next to impossible. Unless you happen to have a signal-proof room handy, and even then the school will know your absent, just not whereabouts you're being absent.

"I don't know about this Claire," I say softly.

"Please Dan!" she begs. "I get it's not ideal, but this is everything we've worked for!"

Biting my lip, I look over to X. Hoping he might give me some clue how to proceed. But he's too busy, or at least doing a very good job looking busy, helping Lucy.

"Okay, okay," I relent, "but something feels off about this."

"It will be fine! I promise!" my friend says. "I'll send you the meeting time, and address of the cafe, okay?"

"Sure," I say resigned to my fate. "I'll talk to you later."

Claire says her enthusiastic goodbyes, and hangs up. I've never heard her so excited before, maybe there is something to this guy after all. My redheaded friend is—normally—a very good judge of character.

"I assume you realise that this is most likely a trap Mister Fallow?" X says, not looking up.

"That was a private conversation," I reply, rather pointlessly, as I fall into one of the comfortable chairs facing his desk. I'm surprised to see that Lucy has already managed to get one of the lights working. As with Rose and her art, and Emily's encyclopaedic knowledge of animals, Lower Vil really are worth so much more than their asking price.

"This is a private office," X smirks. "My private office as it happens."

I shrug, "It might not be a trap you know, and we really could do with the money."

"Anything is possible Mister Fallow," he says, kissing his slave's cheek.

"Well, why don't I just take some of your enforcers. Then it won't matter either way."

"There are a few problems with that plan. Firstly if this is indeed a trap set up by the compound, the presence of government forces will rather give the game away." He holds up a finger before I can interrupt, "Secondly, I am not in the habit of putting my people in harm's way when I don't have to. And lastly, I don't have any spare enforces to assign to you."

"What? This place is crawling with your people, and they could go undercover. Plus, who in their right mind would attack an enforcer?" I feel my blood pressure rising.

"This may come as a surprise to you Mister Fallow but not everyone in this building reports to me. Nor should you imagine that I don't myself have a superior." He presses his fingertips together, and looks at me without even a hint of his normal characteristic smirk. "If you want to take this foolish risk it is your prerogative, do you understand?"

I nod slowly. Unfortunately I do understand. Mr. X—or whatever his real name is—gives off an aura of authority, yet I have no idea how much power he really holds. Clearly enough to sneak Rose back into the compound, and to have kidnapped the pair of us in the first place, but perhaps that's where his powers end. Even after spending all this time in his company, I still know next to nothing about him, and any illusion I might have had that we were somehow friends is just that, an illusion.

"Well," I say, a touch lamely, "I suppose I had better go and pack."

With eyes only for his slave X nods, making a gesture with his free hand that's somewhere between a wave goodbye, and a dismissal.

--- --- ---

Rose

A series of loud beeps wake me up with a start, before all at once the ceiling lights switch on with blinding brightness. Without thinking I roll onto my front. I'm so used to the massive bed in Masters bedroom that I don't even realise what i'm doing until there's a yelp, as I roll into something squishy, pushing my sister off of the bed.

"Good Morning Rose," Thistle says from beside me, the tiniest trace of amusement in her voice. Undetectable to anyone who hasn't spent the last nineteen years with her.

"What?" I say, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. It doesn't feel like morning. In fact it doesn't feel like any time at all has passed since I returned from the bathroom last night. I was so sure I would be too caught up thinking about my Master to sleep, but apparently not.

"She said good morning," Dahlia says, emerging from the floor beside the bed and rubbing her bottom. "You fidget a lot now," my sister says, with a hint of accusation.

I nod slowly. "Sorry, used to a bigger bed."

"Didn't you say you slept on the floor?" Thistle asks, sitting on the bed beside me.

I look up at her sharply. Is she trying to catch me in a lie? Does she think i'm capable of lying now? Has one of the wardens told her to find out? I shrug, trying to compose myself.

"If the floor is where you sleep, then the floor is a bed," I say with a forced smile.

Thistle looks at me for a long moment, before getting up and walking towards the bathroom. I watch her go apprehensively, sure that at any moment she's going to turn around and accuse me of lying.

"Are you okay?" Dahlia asks, wrapping her arms around me from behind.

"I didn't get much sleep," I say, glad to be able to answer truthfully. Human's act strangely when they ask each other how they are, because the expected answer is always 'good' or 'fine' even if the humans aren't really 'good' or 'fine' at all. It's like a lie everyone has agreed to tell each other, and if you don't it makes things awkward.

"Are you okay?" I ask, leaning back against her with a comfortable sigh. "I'm sorry I pushed you out of bed."

"Nothing hurts anymore," she says. "You'd better learn not to fidget so much. What if you push your Master out of bed?" She giggles nervously.

I try to imagine what would happen if I did push my Master out of bed, but i'm distracted by Leilani. Who gets out of bed, and disappears into the bathroom without even looking at me.

"We should go and get ready for the showers," Dahlia says, apparently not noticing our sisters animosity. I nod, stretching as I stand up, and wonder just what time it really is.

--- --- ---

With a chill deep in my chest from the shower, I loiter in the entranceway of the bathroom watching Leilani make her bed. I don't think any of my sisters has ever been this openly hostile towards me before. Perhaps it's like the otter mother in Emily's animal show. When the baby otter grows old enough to leave she no longer wants anything to do with the little fuzzball, even if it comes back.

Does she really not want to know me anymore? My other sisters seem happy that I'm back. If only I could ask my Master he would know what to do. Shaking my head, I take a deep breath Master is counting on me to take care of myself! And I won't let him down! Even if approaching Leilani is terrifying.

I take a step forward, but before I can take another there is a loud beep that causes my hand to jump involuntarily to my cheek, before the bedroom door bangs open.

Two wardens in grey overalls stroll into the room. They look familiar, but I don't think I know their names. I gasp as someone kicks me hard in the shin, and I look down quickly. Even if she's not talking to me, Leilani still doesn't want me to get into trouble for not bowing my head.

"Right, Girlies!" the older of the two wardens says, his voice echoing around the cold room. "We're going to medical. Line up!"

Thankfully, some of my training is so ingrained that even a few weeks with my Master can't erase it. I quickly fall into line between Dahlia and Thistle. My eyes glued to the floor.

"Damn Red's looking good." I hear from somewhere in front of me, as the other warden pipes up in a whiny voice. I have to force myself not to look up. Before I would have loved the affirmation that I was attractive, it meant I was more likely to please my perspective owner, but I have a Master now. And I don't want anyone but him thinking I look good.

"You'll keep your hands to yourself, if you know what's good for you," The first warden replies. "Right, follow, three paces back, heads down, arms crossed."

My heart starts to race as I follow Dahlia from the room. What if they aren't taking us to Dr. Walker's lab at all, but another medical room somewhere in the compound? Somewhere where the inspection team won't visit?

What if this is all a front so they can integrate me? Like I've seen the bad guys do in Master's spy movies? That's why they are bringing my sisters along, so they can be used as leverage against me! To force me to reveal why I'm back in the compound! What if they hurt one of my sisters! I swallow a whimper, I need a way out of this; an escape plan.

I look around as carefully as I can, as we move quietly down the corridor. I can't hear any sounds coming from the doors we pass, but the Warden's heavy boots hitting the floor make so much noise that listening out is almost pointless. I try to absorb as much information as I can, but there really isn't much more to see than I saw last night. The walls are a uniform grey that matches the floor, all the doors are the same brilliant white colour. There aren't even any markings on the walls!

I know Dr Walker's lab is at the end of the corridor, and I know there's no way out there. Any of these other doors could be an escape route, but I have no idea which one. And even if I did know which door lead out, it would definitely be locked.

"Eyes down slave!" a voice booms from behind me. I curse under my breath, dropping my eyes to the floor. With an entire mountain of worries on my mind I don't notice the order to stop. Not until I bump into Dahlia's back.

A gloved hand grabs my upper arm pushing me back into my proper place. "Did they return your brain along with you girl?" the older warden, who is sorter and bulkier than is lanky colleague, snarls, spraying my cheek with a fine mist of spit.

"Sir?" I say. The correct response to a question that has no acceptable answer.

"Don't you sir me! You where a useless waste of space before you left, and somehow you've managed to get worse!" I stare at my feet, his words echoing in my mind, and bringing back savage memories of feeling like the worse, most disobedient, girl in the entire world.

"Well, little one, assuming the doctor doesn't dissect you. And trust me, if she did I would pay for a front row seat. I'm going to be watching you. Just waiting for you to give me an excuse to drag your scrawny little arse down to the punishment cell," the glee in his voice makes me feel sick, "I doubt i'll have to wait long." I'm no stranger to punishment, but some Warden's treat it like a chore to be gotten over with. While others, like this one, actively enjoy hurting us.

But there is nothing I can do. Other than to say, "Yes sir," in a clear voice.

"Can we get a move on?" The other warden complains. "The sooner this lot are with the doc'. The sooner we can eat."

"Jones, is food the only thing you ever think about?"

"Food and pussy," Jones confirms, letting out a low whistle, a signal for us to start moving again.

--- --- ---

Dr. Walker makes a 'hmm' sound, moving her scanning probe over my chest. I hope my sisters don't become suspicious of how much longer my examination is taking compared to their cheek ups. I can make a good guess at why Dr. Walker is so interested in my chest, but she doesn't say anything. She just continues to make her humming noise.

Peering at the collection of syringes on her little metal rolling table, I consider trying to steal one. A sudden memory of coughing up blood driving my devious thoughts. But, even if I could take a syringe without Dr. Walker noticing—which is unlikely—I have no way of getting it back to our cell, or hiding it, or even how to use it.

The doctor catches me looking and frowns. I quickly return my eyes to the floor, but the damage is done. She makes to say something, but stops herself. With a sigh she puts her probe away, and stands up. "Go and wait in the corridor with your sisters Rose," she says. "I'll lock up and take you back to your room."

"Yes, Miss" I reply, remembering to keep my eyes on the floor this time, before getting to my feet,

Looking one last time at the syringes on the table, I join my sisters in the hallway. Giving Dahlia a smile that's met with a look of concern, I take my place in line. At least with Dr. Walker taking us back to our cell I'll have another chance to find the way out of here.

"Right ladies," the doctor says with forced brightness, shutting the door of the lab behind her. "Let's get you back to your room. Lead on, Leilani."

Wishing our escort wasn't fallowing behind us, I keep my head down. Only daring to look up slightly once we have hit a steady stride. The corridor is as frustratingly uniform as it was before. Though, I don't really know why I expected that to change.

Suddenly there is a beep, followed by a clunk, and the door right beside us opens revealing the two wardens, and more importantly, a set of stairs leading up and out of sight. This is it, the way out!

Abandoning caution completely, I look up and down the corridor. Quickly counting the doors that separate the lab from this mysterious staircase. Four down, four down, I repeat to myself, determined not to forget.

A large gloved hand closes around my jaw forcing me to look eye to eye with a very angry Warden. I whimper in pain as he crushes my cheeks together.

"Eyes. Down. Slave," he growls, relishing each word.

"Unless you are willing to explain how that subject's jaw was broken, I suggest you let go," Dr. Walker says, not quite able to keep the concern from her voice.

"Sure thing, Doctor," the warden says, pretending to have only just noticed her presence. Releasing my jaw, he pushes me back into line. I keep my eyes fixed to the floor, as I do my best to hide the trembling that runs through my rebellious body.

"We wouldn't want any nasty little accidents would we?" he says, his put-on voice horribly sweet.

"No, that is why we have strict procedures. I take it you will be sticking to them when you punish her?" Dr. Walker replies coldly.

"Oh yes ma'am, to the letter."

"I'll take the girls back to their room," the doctor says softly, and I feel her fingertips brush my arm. "Come on girls."

I turn to follow my sisters, not in and of itself a disobedient act, but one I know is hopeless.

"Not you little one," the warden sneers, "you come with us."

I stay still as my sisters move around me. They don't say anything—of course—but I can feel the sympathy radiating from Dahlia as she passes. I turn and follow the Wardens to a room I know only too well: the punishment cell.

I can't help but shiver as I step through the door. Which, I take the time to note, is six doors down from the lab. Unlike our bare sleeping cell or the ultra clean medical lab, this room is a messy arrangement of shelves and coat-pegs piled with whips, belts, and paddles. There's even a large umbrella stand in the corner of the room filled with canes.