Wine and Old Lace - Coming Soon

Story Info
Coming 12/2 - a romance-themed author-organized story challenge.
403 words
12.9k
6

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 11/18/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,160 Followers

On Monday, December 2nd, many of your favorite Literotica authors will come to together for:



Intrigued? Here's blackrandl1958, organizer of this event, with the details:

Wine, candlelight and love in the air: the elements of romance. They are timeless, but I have always loved period romances. The whisper of lace, the kiss of silk, drawn aside for a lover's embrace, all strike a note that hopeless romantics cannot resist. I am one of the most hopeless.

Great writers who love romance stories have agreed to contribute these historical romances for the reading pleasure of the Literotica audience. They may not all find their way to the romance category, but they will all be a romance from an earlier day, giving the spark of love. An erotic romance is the best the genre has to offer, and we hope you enjoy the stories. Many readers have asked for a romance event, and we are happy to be able to respond.

Thank you to Literotica for hosting our stories, the writers who contributed stories and the kind readers who view, vote and leave comments. Without the readers, we write for ourselves, and so we dedicate these stories to you. Thanks to Laurel who is always helpful and kind in giving everyone a chance to organize and participate.

Here is a tentative list of the participating authors:

Androgynousother

BarryJames1952

Bebop3

Blackrandl1958

ChloeTzang

DeYaKen

DFWBeast

DTIverson

Girlinthemoon

Harddaysknight

Hooked1957

Just Plain Bob

Laptopwriter

Lost Boy

Mainefiddleheads

Markelly

MattblackUK

Moogplayer

MsCherylTerra

Norafares

Papatoad

Postscriptor

Qhml1

SBrooks103x

Spencerfiction

Stev2244

SW_MO_Hermit

Thucydides

Todd172

So, mark Monday, December 2nd on your calendars as a day celebrating erotic romance at Literotica!

NOTE: This challenge is an invitational, but there are other challenges that are open to all. If you're interested in writing in any of our ongoing author-organized Challenges (or in organizing your own Challenge - open or invitational!), please check the Author-Organized Challenge List for 2019.

A big thank-you to all the authors who contribute both to this themed challenge, and to Literotica every day.

Literotica
Literotica
2,160 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
19 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Oops

Due dot an embarrassing piece of premature ejection, my story stained the old lace before getting to the goodies. So make sure you cut and paste the correct wording before posting? Keeping the wine going until the urge returns....

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Regarding negatives

As a submitter of around 100 stories or chapters on Lit, I see this medium as the most responsive of the avenues available to me as an amateur writer. My stories are not as popular nor as worthy of comment as many others, but about half mine get H (now, there's an invitation all you "Nuthermothers"!) and I've garnered a couple of Ws along the way. I average a score of 4.4 and get maybe 350 votes per story and about 15 comments and 13 favs per story, with feedback that varies from encouraging all the way down to the odd death threat, so I am selective about what responses I pay attention to and hopefully learn from. I enjoy experimenting with writing, pushing those boundaries, such as supplying a whole story made up of about 48 monologues, have tried dramatic twists and also written along the lines of the blindin' obvious. So I am going to continue to write my "own thang" regardless of any negative commentary. But these opportunities to write alongside other writers (and thank you, this is my first invitational) is great to participate in (I'm an avid reader too), so please, bring on more challenges and the more comments and volumes of voters (whatever their scores) is all contributing to the enjoyment of those taking part.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I have decided to post nude picttures of every female member of Literotica if

I receive a 5.0 score on my romance story after 200 votes. The ball (read tits) is in your court, Dear Reader. Can you spell Quid Pro Quo? If this offer threatens national security, it will be declared void. If I receive nasty used condoms comments, I will void myself.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Replying to HDK's comment.

I would say that for new writers, scores matter. Once you have a collection of those red H's, maybe a blue W or two, scores are meaningless. At this point, I am going to write what I want to write, whether the story gets a 2.00 or a 5.00. I no longer care about the score. The red H is nice, but not necessary for my satisfaction.

Threatening to give me a low score or making a caustic comment isn't going to affect me, at all. I am going to do what I want to do, regardless of what anyone says, or what score I get. Downvoting someone who doesn't care is an exercise in futility, as is leaving a nasty comment. I have received hundreds of nasty comments, and hundreds, if not thousands, of low scores. I average about 56 comments per story, and just over 1600 votes. Some of those comments and votes are always going to be negative. That's fine with me. Hammer away. After posting close to 100 stories, it should be obvious that negative comments and low scores aren't going to deter me in the slightest. I think most veteran writers feel the same.

One Annie has threatened to one-bomb all the stories and make many nasty comments. Knock yourself out. At the end of the day, we still wrote and posted our stories, and we still had our event. We'll write more, post more and have more events, and there is not a single thing that will change because some deranged person doesn't like it. Sun gonna rise in the morning.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Since this post belongs to LIt,

I have a few observations to make. Commenters mean a lot to writers. Reasoned thoughts concerning a story, its content, plot, writing skills, dialogue and emotional investment help writers more than you may realize.

There are still many writers who react to commenters who state they are giving low a score for whatever reason. I do believe that most experienced writers like to have feedback but really don't give a shit about low score threats. Commenters seem to believe they can make or break a writer's self esteem with a caustic comment. coupled with a low score. In some cases it may be true, but many times it is not. The scoring often means more to the commenter than the writer.

Most of us write because we enjoy it. Some people paint, some play golf, some write, and some do it all. Do you quit golfing when you have 10 on a par three? Do I stop when my commenting friend tells me to eat his used condom? Hardly. I do chuckle and leave the comment up. It's funny, even f he means it as an insult.

Writers have an obligation to try to present a readable, reasonable story. Commenters have a responsibility as well. Help make writers better. Help writers understand why you liked or did not like their story. One of the things which bothers many writers, myself included, is getting positive comments from commenter Badassmotherfucker, or some other penname, and then seeing the same guy compliment a story with a million errors, no discernable plot, mistaken assumptions and maybe some politics tossed in. Suddenly, the commenter's opinion means less, much less, to the writer. Commenters need to be aware that they are scored by writers, much the way they score us. You may not give a shit if writer's like your comments. That feeling may help you understand why many writers do not give a shit what you say. Respect is a two way street. Make your comment interesting, informative, humorous, helpful.. something to make it worth reading. That is your assignment for this weekend.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Script Flipped Neither expected the result that happened.in Loving Wives
When One Door Closes... Doing the right thing isn't always the easy way to go.in Loving Wives
Busted! A short story of love and betrayal.in Romance
I'll Be On My Way Is infidelity a genetic disorder?in Loving Wives
Two Words She can end it with only two words.in Loving Wives
More Stories