Wine and Spirits

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She nearly whimpered at his words, then actually did when she felt warm kisses just above her areola, first on one breast, then the other, and back again. His tongue followed soon after, tracing the darker skin as if circling its prey, waiting for the right moment to attack. And then...it did—a flick of the tongue against her already hardened nipple, then another, then a full-on assault.

She started sliding down against the jukebox, barely able to hold herself up. Then, just as quickly, the attack relented leaving her out of breath, panting.

He lifted her breasts, inspecting the crease beneath them, and using the opportunity to grasp them and squeeze them, groaning his appreciation.

"Oh my..." she blubbered, nearly swooning as he massaged her breasts.

"Ahem..." he seemed to be trying to collect himself again, "right...well...it's not there either...is it?" He helped her straighten up and wrapped his hands around her waist. "I'm starting to wonder if you've been lying to me, Miss Lily O'Connor. Maybe you don't have the missing puzzle piece at all."

"Or maybe..." she countered, still having a hard time breathing as her breasts heaved and her heart beat pulsed visibly against her skin, "...maybe just haven't finished your investigation yet."

He looked down at her—at her hair tangled and mussed, at her breasts heaving, her nipples brazenly extended toward him, at her bare feet. There was only so much uncharted territory left to expose. His already hardened manhood lurched in his pants with new fury. "Lily...are you sure?" He looked back up to her, searching her eyes for confirmation...and finding it.

He lowered himself until he was at eye level with her waist, then released the button to her jeans and pulled back the flap so he could slide down the zipper, revealing black panties that matched her bra. He reached up and snuck his fingers into her belt loops and slowly, deliberately, pulled her jeans down to her ankles. He lifted each leg, one at time, then threw her jeans unceremoniously to the floor behind him.

"Well, detective," she purred, "are you going to see this through?"

He answered by reaching up and cupping her mound with his hand over her panties, feeling the dampness and heat escaping through the fabric. She gasped then moaned, her pelvis reeling back away from him momentarily, then pressed urgently forward against the palm of his hand.

He bent his fingers behind the sides of her panties and slid them down, staring at the neatly trimmed dark patch of hair revealing itself to him. "Oh Lily..." He was mesmerized, transfixed, paralyzed...until she grabbed the back of his head and pulled it fervently forward to her sex.

Instincts overwhelmed him as he kissed her skin and lapped her arousal, slurping it into his mouth, tasting it, swallowing it. He explored her labia with his tongue, first the outer lips, then the inner folds, drinking her in but unable to keep up with her mounting arousal. His nose pressed against her button as he snaked his tongue into her, eliciting more moans, more writhing, more wetness. He flicked her clit with his tongue, once, and again, before wrapping it between his lips and clamping onto it, while his tongue continued to flit against the sensitive nub with a feverish pace.

"Aah! AAH! No more!" Lily cried, yanking him off of her forcibly by his hair, then pulling him up in front of her. "I need you...naked...now..."

Together, they stripped off his clothes—his shirt flying through the air, while his pants collapsed around his ankles, his boxers following soon after, as they also flew across the room in a different direction. His shoes landed in opposite directions and his socks would have been left on, if he'd been wearing any.

"Now, Nick, please! I need you now!"

He leaned her against their table and she hopped up. Then he laid her back atop the puzzle they'd worked so hard to assemble. He stepped forward, aligning himself to her body as he guided his shaft to her awaiting lips, gliding it up and down her slit, transferring her juices and covering himself with her slippery essence. It felt like fire...wet fire.

She slapped his chest, demanding that he wait no longer, leaving red marks with each slap until he finally plunged, diving into her. "AAAAH!" she screamed in rapture. "Oh, Nick!...Yes!..."

He drove into her forcefully, his full length enveloped in her folds...in her core. Then he pulled back to the brink of withdrawal before plunging again—over...and over...and over again. Puzzle pieces clung to her back, while others disjoined and fell to the floor. Tears escaped and wetted her face, tears of immeasurable joy, until beautifully—completely—he came deep inside her, matching her climax and fulfilling their love. Their rhythm was frantic, their passion unbridled, as they surrendered everything to the other, until there was nothing left to give—until he could hardly stand and she could barely breathe.

++++++++++

After several minutes basking in the afterglow and regaining just enough energy to move again, Nick slowly pulled himself away, seating himself in a chair next to her. He laid a hand on her tummy and let it idly explore her tenderly, from her belly button to her mound, gently caressing until both were nearly falling asleep.

"It's almost five, Nick," she finally whispered.

He groaned, but somehow found enough energy to raise himself up.

Slowly, they began the search for all of their clothing, strewn seemingly across half the bar room. They dressed themselves as they found each item until they were fully dressed, though thoroughly disheveled.

"Can I walk you out?" she asked.

"Only to the door, okay? I don't want you to go outside this late...or early, whatever it is."

"Okay."

He grabbed his jacket, made sure his keys were in the pocket, and turned to face her. "I'd say I had a good time, Lily, but that seems so...obvious." He grinned. "Thanks for listening and doing old people stuff with me. I never knew it could be like that."

"I love doing old people stuff with you." She reached around him and slid a hand into one of his rear pockets, teasing his ass with a very subtle squeeze.

They walked together to the door, where she unlocked it but then leaned against it, standing between him and the door like a barricade.

"I'm afraid this is a toll-door, mister." she teased.

"Well, joke's on you, then. I don't have any cash. Do you take debit cards?"

"Nope. But I do accept other forms of payment."

He leaned down. "Like this, maybe?"

"Mm-hm," she responded, as she raised herself on her tip toes to meet him in a gentle, luxurious kiss.

He reached his hands behind her head and intertwined her hair with his fingers, and gently pulled them out as if they were a comb. So soft.

She pressed her hands against the door, pushing herself away from it. Then moved her hands back to him. She slid her fingers down from his chest to his belt and grabbed it as she slowly turned him around, still maintaining their kiss the whole time.

She pulled back from their kiss and slid her hand down from his belt to his crotch. At first, she lightly traced the outline of his shaft through his pants, then she grasped it firmly and stroked it, as best she could, from one end to the other and back again. MMmmmm

"Your toll is paid...for now...but you'd better get."

"Oh god, Lily."

"I know...but I mean it. Please go before we...please go."

"Okay." he reluctantly pulled away, her hand giving chase as he retreated. He opened the door, the cold autumn air immediately sending chills through his bones. "Good night, Lily."

"Good night, Nick."

Lily spent the next hour cleaning up the bar room, careful to leave no trace of their lovemaking. She smiled and planted a tiny kiss on the missing puzzle piece as she put it back into the box with the others. Apparently doing a jigsaw puzzle could be an aphrodisiac, after all.

++++++++++

It was Friday night again and a very special one at that. It was also Halloween. Doc's Place would commemorate and celebrate it by doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Mrs. Whitley had returned to the bar and was engaging Eddie in easy conversation. It had to be small talk because, unlike any other night, the place was packed—every table, every bar stool, even a few people standing in open spaces.

Nick had called the bar several more times throughout the week, stealing way too much of Lily's time when she ought to have been working. She had warned him that this Friday night would be busy, so he arrived earlier than usual to make sure he got his usual table. And Lily had joined him, trusting Eddie to handle service, for the most part, on his own.

"Nick, are you sure you want me to be here already when Sarah shows up?"

"Lily, you don't even know that she will."

"Actually, Nick, I guarantee she will. It's Halloween, she has too. It's the end of the fiscal year, so to speak, for people with unfinished business. Accounts have to be settled."

It was the first time she'd been so forward with him about how she knew Sarah would show. Had it been the first time he'd heard such a thing, he wouldn't have believed it. Even now, he couldn't explain it and would never repeat such an idea to anyone outside of Doc's Place. No one would believe him anyway. Just beneath the surface, he sensed she was right—that she indeed knew that Sarah would appear.

"Lily? I believe she'll show up, too. And yes, I still want you here."

"Okay, then. I won't go anywhere."

++++++++++

Even though the place was busy, which seemed highly unusual to Eddie, it also still seemed much like every other night. There would only be an initial rush of drinks being ordered and then, only occasional orders after that. Sure, a few stragglers would come in late and maybe a few folks might actually request a second or third drink. But as the initial rush calmed down, Eddie found himself with more and more free time behind the bar. Mrs. Whitley seemed keen on taking most of it for herself.

"So, the last time we talked, Eddie, I was about to tell you you're ready," she announced.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Whitley? Ready for what, exactly?"

In the background, the bell above the door rang out. In walked a familiar face—a pretty face.

"Ready to meet my daughter, of course!"

"Wait. What?"

"I've been promising her since she was five that she would someday meet her prince charming."

"Mrs. Whitley...Me?...I'm no prince...Are you really trying to set me up with your daughter?!" he started to object, feeling unsteady, embarrassed and more than a bit frightened.

"I already know that. We established you're not perfect the last time we talked. But that's part of your charm, my boy. You see, when I told her she'd meet a prince charming someday, she said she didn't want one. She only wanted a good, honest man—a man who was humble, who wouldn't be reluctant to tell her she's beautiful. A family man who finds his own joy in the happiness of others." She turned to face the door and waved her daughter over.

"I think I've been set up, Mrs. Whitley."

"You don't have to thank me. But I do feel I should be thanking you."

"Thanking me? For what? I haven't done anything. And there's a decent chance I'm going to disappoint you. It's the one thing I have a strong track record of."

"No, that's not likely. I've seen how Doc took you under his wing and you've been an exceptional student. I fully expect you to make mistakes, though. You're a man after all. But making mistakes isn't the same thing as failing."

"Hmm, Doc just told me something surprisingly similar the other day. Now, I really feel set up."

"Well, thanks again."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Whitley but seriously, what for?"

"For helping me with my unfinished business, of course." Mrs. Whitley turned just in time to give her daughter a hug as she approached the bar.

Eddie was able to hear their conversation, just a few feet from the bar.

"Hey, mom...are you really leaving now?"

"Yes, dear. It's time. I was blessed to be able to see you these last few weeks. I'll be forever grateful for them."

"I know, me too. But this is so hard."

"Yes, baby. I know it is. But we'll get together again someday soon. I'm sure of it."

"But you can't know it, right?"

"No, dear. I wish I could. And now...I really do have to go."

She hugged her mom one last time, then leaned against the bar, almost to steady herself, as she watched her leave.

Well, here goes nothing, I guess. Eddie slid a cocktail napkin in front of her. "Hi, I'm Eddie. Anything I can fix for you?"

Not likely. she thought silently. She continued staring at the door a couple more minutes, until it was clear that her mother would not be returning. Then, she turned to the bar and took a seat, looking dejected and sad.

"Hey there," he quietly offered again, "I'm Eddie. I'm not pressuring you at all, okay, but if you decide you want something to drink, just let me know okay?" He spoke with compassion and tenderness and sensitivity.

"Thank you...Eddie, was it? I'll have a Gin and Tonic, please."

"Ah, just like your mom." He smiled reassuringly.

"What?" she replied, with an air of surprise in her voice. "What did you just say?"

"I just said you're getting a Gin and Tonic, just like your mom. That's her favorite drink, too. Though, I've never liked the taste of gin myself."

"You knew my mom?"

"Well, sure. I mean, not super-personally. But we've talked quite a lot lately. And not to sound creepy, but she talks about you quite a bit."

"Eddie? Are you sure you were talking to...my mom?"

"Of course, Mrs. Whitley, and you're Anna, right?"

She looked like she was about to pass out.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" He ran around the bar and braced her from behind, just in case. "Hey, Anna? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. I just feel a little light-headed."

"Come sit over here." He helped her over to a settee at the back wall near the bar. He cleared off a couple of supply boxes that had been stacked on it and gave her his jacket as a blanket and some bar towels as a makeshift pillow in case she wanted to lie down.

"Oh my god, this can't actually be happening." she murmured. "This can't be real."

"Do you want to just rest a few minutes?"

She nodded.

"Okay, I'll be right over here if you need anything? I'll come back and check on you. Just rest, okay?"

She nodded again and Eddie returned to the bar.

++++++++++

He'd no sooner returned to the bar when he looked over to see a woman peering into the bar through the front door. She appeared to be debating whether to come in or not. When she noticed Eddie looking back at her, she disappeared. That's strange.

He shrugged his shoulders, then scanned the crowd. There were a lot of familiar faces. In fact, at nearly every table or group of standing people, he recognized and knew at least one person. But each party seemed to have one, sometimes two, additional people with them.

In the back of his mind, he felt an idea starting to come together—an understanding, perhaps, that he'd never had before—an awareness, or perception as Doc called it. Have some of these people been here all along?

He continued scanning the crowd, finding Nick sitting at the table in the corner, where he always sat. A glass of red wine was set at the unattended seat to his right; to his left sat Lily. She was beaming. For that matter, so was he.

They were engaged in effortless conversation, occasionally exchanging meaningful touches with their hands, smiling almost the entire time. Lily had a divided attention all night—longing to be in the moment with Nick, but also keeping a keen eye on the door. Surprisingly, he wasn't nearly so diligent, his eyes transfixed solely on Lily.

For some reason, Eddie looked back at the door, catching the woman peeking in, yet again. She appeared to be looking toward the back of the room. Could that be Sarah? He waved at her with a friendly face, inviting her to come in. This time, she obliged.

As she walked near the bar, Eddie came around to greet her. "Hi there. Would you like to sit at the bar? We're pretty packed tonight."

"No, that's okay. My...uh...my party...is already here."

"Oh, okay, sure. By all means, come on in." I think it IS. He returned to the bar, but watched as she meandered between tables and small stands of people, heading toward the back corner. Well, I'll be...

Eddie was hoping to watch the scene unfold, but caught something stirring out of the corner of his eye. Anna was sitting up, still wrapped up in his jacket. He went to check on her.

++++++++++

Lily saw Sarah walking toward them and nudged Nick's leg under the table. "Hey, do you want me to leave?"

"No, Lily. I already told you. Please stay." He rose from his seat to greet Sarah.

Lily looked down as Sarah approached, as if deferring to her as Nick's first love.

"Hi, Sarah," he started. "How are you?"

"I'll let you know soon, Nick." She looked down at Lily, then back at him. "Well, are you going to introduce me?"

"Oh! I'm sorry, this is Lily."

Lily looked up at Sarah, unsure what to expect—a glare? a welcoming smile? It was the latter. She immediately felt relieved and stood as well, extending her hand. "Hi, like he said, I'm Lily."

Sarah accepted her hand and smiled. "Very nice to meet you, Lily."

"Um, you too, Sarah. I've been wanting to talk to you for a long time, actually."

"Oh?" Sarah seemed honestly surprised.

Lily looked over to Nick, seeking a little bit of help.

"Sarah," Nick started. "Lily's been wanting me to explain what happened...that night...and I couldn't do it. So she was wondering if..."

"If I would tell her?"

"Right, yes...so, would you?"

"I don't mind, Nick, so long as you tell me you really want me to."

"Yeah, I do, Sarah. She deserves to know. I'm just too ashamed to tell her."

"Oh, there you go again. Yes, I'll definitely tell her. But you know my version won't sound quite the same as yours, not with that whole guilty conscience thing you've got going on."

"Yeah, I know. But she'll understand. Do you mind if I'm not here for this though?"

Both Lily and Sarah nodded. He left them and headed out the front door for a few minutes of fresh, though unseasonably cold, air.

"So, Lily, where do you want me to start?"

"I don't even know. He won't tell me anything."

"Good, then you'll hear the straight dope the first time then. But I'll have to give you the short version, okay? I don't have much time."

"Yeah, I understand."

Sarah wiggled in her seat a little bit to get comfortable, then proceeded. "Nick and I met in college. He studied and I mostly partied. Somehow our paths met and we fell in love. Mind you, it wasn't really love. We just got along well and enjoyed spending time together. Except, that didn't last. It turned out we're quite different and we started fighting, like all the time. He wanted to settle down, get married, have kids, the whole thing. But I wasn't ready for that—wasn't sure I would ever want that."

"Was that all you fought about?"

"No, of course, not. Our personalities were just so different. I was carefree; he was responsible. I wanted to travel; he wanted to nest. But even that wasn't the biggest thing."

"Those are all pretty big."

"I guess. But I'm pretty sure I was Nick's first girlfriend, the first person he said 'I love you' too. The first person he kissed and had...well...you understand."

"Yes."