All Comments on 'Wings'

by Rollinbones

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

Enjoyed it, but felt it went on a bit much in places.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it.

A great story.

Love, couragecommitment, and lifting others up.

And a positive black fella story.

When I see the section on official forms that if I am of Aboriginal or Thursday islander decent.

I want to write "I self identify as a native Australian".

How many generations does it take?

Hopefully we are all here together for the long haul.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gorgeous ! Absolutely gold plated

What a wonderful tale ! I’m not Aussie , not mostly familiar with the lingo , but the story shines through . No need for translation , love and ache seeps thru all barriers .

I got such a rush ~ never read anything from you before . Rest assured, I’m your latest and eternal fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not enough stars

Deserves a round dozen.

RABSTARABSTAover 3 years ago
One of the best stories I've read here!

Fantastic story! I had tears all the way through it, but it was wonderful.

ArdieffArdieffover 3 years ago

So very touching. But the description of Samanthas death is enough to give me secondhand pstd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful Writing but...

Great story masterfully presented! It's probably just me, but I could have lived without Warren in the story. Incidentally, I loved the comment by an earlier reader about not be an aboriginal native but just a real Australian! This is what this word needs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Absolutely destroyed me at times! Thank you, I loved it.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Outstanding!!

Loved this story and the way it was written. Glad I had Google to do a quick lookup for somethings that while maybe common knowledge to those "down under", I didn't have the foggiest of. When Lara went through her "Warren" thing, it was such a downer I wasn't sure how they would recover, but they did.

I liked how the sex was handled, nothing like the "cut and paste" seen in so many of the Literotica stories, yet still descriptive enough that we know it's happening.

This is one of those stories where I almost wish it hadn't ended, but happy to have read it. Thanks.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Almost a perfect love story

Once Ely as Jax started fucking again you lost me. There is no romantic cheating. 2 stars and a wasted afternoon

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 3 years ago
Kept me turning the pages...

...even when I should have been doing other things. A nicely told story of complex human relations and emotions, that was on the occasion difficult going considering the physical and psychological trauma involved. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I suspect it is intentional your Jax Waters was Kamilaroi and has links to the RAAF, like Len Waters, the first Indigenous fighter pilot during the Second World War, growing up at Nindigully, on the banks of the Moonie? Of course my other thought was O’Reilly’s are famous for saving people from aircraft crashes, not being in them (touch wood!) but now I'm surely over thinking! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing!

I loved the story. Truly touching. Though I was a bit unsure about the whole Elly bit.

Not for me. Marriage should be exclusive bar nothing, in my mind. Although, what do I know, never been married.

The situation does seem to be acceptable, slightly, better this way than being lonely and truly having an affair and breaking up, upon second thought.

And the sappy romantic in me does wish the original love of his life shouldn't have died, and this story instead be about them, but there's no riveting story thereon, and this one wouldn't have occurred. But then again, I don't like such stories much, where such a pure love gets cut short by death, and the remaining party must go on, although this is a reality for some.

And the wife having an affair bit was not needed, IMO, the story would have been just fine without it.

But ignore me, what do I know. Amazing story, keep writing, author, you have a gift.

PS: The Aussie stuff was hard to understand, not being one myself. Didn't understand the references or the words. Maybe next time, take a leaf from some writer's pages and add a dictionary, of sorts, before the story begins, and list out the words used and their meanings. For eg: 'Kristen Goes Underground' has a few specific words related to spelunking explained at the beginning. Would enjoy the story a lot more, understanding the local slang and references used by the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story. Loved the relationships, dialog, plot, settings, and backstory.

SinnerseekerSinnerseekerover 3 years ago
Good story

Very good tale , nicely written . Nice handling of emotions , nicely developed characters on a very good background. Thanks for sharing . Five stars

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Delightful

Wonderful story. Refreshing. Well written, etc. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

Great story, never forced, fun Aussie humor. Throughly enjoyed it.

JoeyMtSacJoeyMtSacalmost 3 years ago

You are an amazing storyteller!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Very good, except . . .

for the rationalized adulteries.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 2 years ago

Excellent story. Thank you very much.

MutationsMutationsover 2 years ago

Their marriage was toast the moment Elly came into the equation, to be honest. No matter how insecure you are, you just don't give up exclusivity in a marriage and don't engage in it yourself. Lara comes across as a hypocrite. But then again Jax is bigger hypocrite than her. So I guess it balances out?

Now I know it's fiction. So I'm glad for their happily ever after. But the thing is, when a fictional cow starts flying, they suddenly can't do otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have an amazing imagination. Read "BVDFREE" just before this one and the 'lurch' in context and characters made me think 'how does this person come up with these ideas?' I read the 'What are the odds?' story pair a while ago and that was also a thought-provoker with it's strong individual woman lawyer and damaged woman friend characters. Your mixing of folks with privilege and 'working' folks in many stories is also intriguing/inspiring and respectful of all people.

However, as a one-woman Canadian guy, I'll vote with those who think that the Elly-dallying sub-story didn't add much and was actually a bit out of place.

Looking forward to more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love how detailed and unhurried your stories are. I didn't take to this one as much because of the extramarital stuff, in particular Lara's affair. I think most people would have found it difficult to forgive her so easily.

PassionfingersPassionfingersalmost 2 years ago

Great read, loved the use of Australian terms, so many comments here wanting them toned down - why??? When will the majority of Literotica readers understand this a global site with numerous authors from other countries!

Jax’s mum took me back in time to the numerous aunties who shaped my childhood, the language and attitude was perfect!

Thanks for creating a story I could easily immerse myself in that was local!

PartlyPartlyalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful, slow rolling story. 100% agree with passionfingers comment below . It takes a bit more thinking on my part to get the slang and meaning , buts it’s so worth it. Thank you so much

rayironyrayironyover 1 year ago
One more this good

And i'll mark you down for "Fave Author"

LilkahunaLilkahunaabout 1 year ago

Really good story, well written and definitely pulls on the heart strings. I am afraid I do agree with the previous Elly comments and found that disturbing but that is just a personal preference. Just because it wouldn't work for me doesn't make it wrong for everyone. Never found out the gender of the last child, though. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What complicated lives! My second time through, but the first was a while ago, so I didn’t remember too much of the detail…just the broad strokes. Masterful!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Been a couple of years ago that I first read this story and wish I could give it another five stars because it's still a good story. Please don't listen to the blokes (my shot at Aussie talk) that want you to tone down the Aussie talk. It's part of what makes these stories so memorable and interesting. If they find it objectionable than they don't need to read stories from down under.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Crying too hard to write much! 5!

woodrangewoodrange12 months ago

Awesome !!! Buckets of tears

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really wanted to like it, but it was just too messy. Straights becoming lesbian, lesbian becoming straight, fucking others in the marriage. Yeeehggh. Too much. Not realistic or sustainable.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurer8 months ago

ignore the fuckwit septics and their inability to understand anything except their personal dialect. Continue writing your stories your way.

Ranger001Ranger0014 months ago

Great! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 for the 2nd time.

This is a GREAT read-it-again tale. Thank you 😊

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Excellent, just a little tough to read with all the Aussie slang. Liked your Dream Small too. another good tale is "The Queen of Shangr-La by Diverson(?) Good loss and love story

woodrangewoodrange4 months ago

Second time round.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story.. thank you for writing it. As an English man I found the slight use of Aussie dialect no problem at all. If anything, it added to the atmosphere of the piece.

A minor criticism on grammar would be that you occasionally fall into the "it's" error shared by most of the US writers on this site. "It's" always and only means "it is". It can never, ever, be a possessive. If you need a possessive form of "its", it's "its"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

a terrible crash and she rises from the ashes. Great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRollinbones@Rollinbones
Amateur word-smith. Proffesional procrastinator. Busy with a few on the go. Please be patient. I work full time and fiddle here when i get a few quiet moments to myself. Thankyou for enjoying my mutterings.

SIMILAR Stories