Winter Workers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I probably shouldn't have shaken it off," Anori admitted. "But it just seemed too animalistic to be giving in to instincts like that. Too mammalian."

"Oh? But you are an animal, a mammal. We're all mammals here in this shrine." Mikansu hopped to her feet and stepped a bit closer. "You could always have changed your body form to be one of those... wisp spirits if you don't like being an animal. Be a glowing, floating ball of energy if you don't care for a beast form. Yet you stayed a wolf."

"I like having paws. I like having fur. I like having sharp eyes and good ears," Anori replied.

"You like that part, but you don't like the dirty, disgusting, biological, sexual part--reproductive organs and instinct?" Mikansu smiled--or maybe it was a smirk. She imitated Anori's position and pretended to thrust her hips back and forth at thin air. "While you're breeding that wolf there, are you going to close your eyes and think of Winter? That's what gets you excited? You're turned on by doing work for the season?"

Anori laughed too, but he shook his head. "No, I'm not. I guess I don't really think of anything? It's not about thought, but about instinct and sensation. Or maybe you'd rather I be thinking of you?" he joked.

That comment made Mikansu slightly flustered, which possibly indicated it was true. She glanced around the shrine, at the grey and brown wolves. "Over in Spring we're experts at this. Winter is the season of cold, bleak, harshness, but Springtime is about regrowth and new birth. That's why I know the runes for fertility and life." Mikansu gestured at the wild wolves. "And like I told you, it's hard for a greater spirit to successfully pair with some random wild creature. You've got too much magic, and they have just a trickle. Maybe a decent chance with a lesser spirit, but still not good odds. Let me help you out." She sat down, and then gestured sharply with her paws.

Snowflakes rushed in through the shrine's entranceway, pulled by Mikansu's magic. "Mikansu, what are you...?" Anori tensed up, but instead of landing on his fur, the snow traced out white lines onto the side of the dark-furred wolf he was still mounted on. The wolf yelped as a rune of fertility formed on her fur--she was a lesser spirit of Winter, which meant she had some experience and knowledge with magic, but probably not like this.

The lesser spirit jolted out of Anori's grasp and frantically shook the snowy rune out of her dark fur. She threw an uncertain glance at Anori, then Mikansu, and then she hurriedly scampered out of the shrine with her ears flat against her head and her tail between her legs. The other two wild wolves were quick to follow, fleeing as well. Whereas they had been tolerant and accepting of Anori's presence, Mikansu's magic had unnerved them.

"Sorry!" Anori called after the lesser spirit.

Then it was just the two greater spirits, together in the empty shrine. "Whoops!" Mikansu didn't sound apologetic at all.

"So much for that," Anori muttered. He glanced at Mikansu. "You could have warned that poor lesser spirit before you spelled her up. And you've scared off those wild wolves. So you can be the one to explain to the Winter Lord why this assignment failed."

Anori turned for the shrine's entranceway, but Mikansu was faster. She darted in front of him, blocking the way. "Anori? Could I be so bold as to suggest the assignment hasn't failed yet? There is an alternative solution."

"Is there?" Anori paused. "But how... ah." His gaze swept across the other greater spirit, with a new perspective. He admired Mikansu's skill with magic, and it was easy for them to communicate and work together. But this was something else.

"Some random, dumb wild wolves don't deserve you anyway." Mikansu strolled--no, strolled was too mild a word--she strutted over towards him with head raised tall and proud, moving with her graceful ease. "You look so intense when you're thinking hard."

That comment made Anori feel self-conscious, which was a rare experience. His appearance was simple and functionary, fitting the season. "I... hope that's a good thing?"

"I like it." Mikansu leaned in close to Anori and sniffed at his face, and that made his breath catch. The wild wolves hadn't had this effect on him. "Want to do something... mammalian? You and me, I can show you how we do it in Spring."

Anori's fur puffed out, and a shiver ran down his spine. He'd been working with Mikansu for almost a year now, letting her shadow his work so that she could learn and observe the ways of Winter--such a thing was usually done for lesser spirits who had finally passed the threshold of power and skill, enough to become greater spirits. However, Mikansu was not some novice spirit still figuring out proper magical spells--she was already a powerful spirit of Spring, who had chosen to move to the preceding season instead. He wasn't quite a mentor to her, but more of equal who was showing her the ropes.

No doubt the learning had gone both ways. Anori had found it fascinating to hear from Mikansu about the many ways that Spring was similar or different from Winter. And there were certain realms of magic which Winter barely dabbled in, but which Spring was well known for--new life, rebirth, fertility--now it suddenly occurred to him that perhaps this fact, more than any other reason, was why Winter was so short of spirits while Spring had the greatest numbers of all the seasons.

There was much he could learn from her. There was much they could do together. But he'd never thought about it that way, until right this moment. "I would be willing... more than willing. I would be honoured, if you don't mind."

"Oh, I don't mind!" Mikansu slid against him, rubbing her body against his. It made it almost impossible for him to keep still. He turned and pressed his nose against her shoulder, then sliding up the fur of her neck, and his nostrils filled with her scent. After all the time they had spent working together, he had a certain familiarity with her presence, but there was so much more intimacy possible.

Mikansu nuzzled back with her snout and lapped at his face, and then they were kissing. It was wet, sloppy, and animalistic in the right way. "Mikansu," Anori panted needily.

"Heh, I like it when you say my name like that. All... taken aback." Mikansu grinned. "You're always so composed and reserved. But there are times when you become engrossed with your spellwork, enough that your passion shines through. That's when I really enjoy watching you and working with you."

The two greater spirits were alone in the shrine, isolated in a quiet forest as snow slowly drifted down outside--no one to judge, no one to observe, just the two of them together, gradually wearing down any inhibitions or hesitations. Anori kissed her again, and he lavished her muzzle with licks, before lightly nibbling at her throat. He growled softly. "Grrr... You shouldn't feel obligated to do this. It's not really an assignment of Winter work."

"Hah, you think I'm doing this for the season? After all the time we spent working together, you don't feel the... the electric sense, that connection we have?"

"We do work well together," Anori admitted.

"We could do far more than work. I want this. Not as some professional obligation for the season, but I want you." Mikansu watched him, her eyes bright and curious. "You and me, together, becoming a proper pair of two--then a family. I've wanted this for a while now. For so long I was unsure whether I would get it." Mikansu closed her eyes and dipped her head, leaning her forehead against his. "You deserve this. I deserve this too. Shall we...?"

With a silent nod, Anori sniffed again at Mikansu's face, taking in her scent. Then he moved down her body to sniff about at her rear--such a basic canine action, but despite all the time the two greater spirits had spent working together, this was the first time Anori had properly sniffed Mikansu's rear.

It was Wintertime--the breeding season for wolves--and Mikansu smelled like it. The wild female wolves had also stank of fertility and sexual pheromones, but to sample that scent from Mikansu made Anori go a little cross-eyed. She was a greater spirit of Winter, earnest and capable and personable, and it sent a shiver through his body when she lifted her tail for him. His tongue darted out to lick at that spot of warm, fleshy wetness, and that made his partner grunt approvingly. "Yes..." But then she took a step back, pushing her rear away from his snout and bumping against his chest. "I'm ready. Let's do it."

Anori licked his chops, and he could taste Mikansu's scent on his own face. "How should we do it?"

Mikansu glanced over her shoulder and grinned at him. "Like animals!" She wiggled her rear and her tail wagged. "Chase me, mount me, breed me."

To hear Mikansu talking in such a primal, unprofessional manner definitely crossed some wires in Anori's head. The burning need inside him surged. "Come here!" he growled. He lunged forward and tried to climb over her, but Mikansu replied with a playful bark and leapt out of his grasp.

"Rah! Anorrri," she murmured, grinning widely. She padded around the shrine, staying just out of his reach, still keeping her tail up and her hindquarters pointed to him in a deliberate temptation. "Come on. We're animals! Get your teeth bloody and your muscles warm. Feel your heart pounding."

"I'll give you a pounding!" Anori retorted, and he could hardly believe what he had just said. It was play--not professional, not necessary--but just silly fun. He dashed forward and Mikansu ran again, both of them laughing as they circled around the shrine, him chasing her. Anori hadn't been so singularly focused in a long time. His vision was narrowed and his ears pointed right towards Mikansu, and he felt driven to chase and catch his mate. Multiple times he would almost grab her, only for her to struggle out of his grasp.

"Why... why aren't you on my back yet?" Mikansu teased him, panting with her tongue dangling out. "A wolf stud like you, don't you want to breed me?"

He did. Anori feinted left, then right, then he leapt off the shrine wall and right towards Mikansu. This time he was fast enough. He tackled her side and shoved her down to the ground, then he clambered over her and bit her scruff with a low growl. "Grrr..." After a moment, a flicker of uncertainty pushed past primal instinct. "Sorry, was that too rough?"

Lying on her side, Mikansu's chest rose and fell as she panted. She grinned up at Anori as their gazes met. As Anori stood over her, he felt her tail wag and bump against his hindlegs. "That was good. Oh yes. That was very good." Rolling onto her front, she stood up and rubbed her side against Anori's. "Ok, seriously though, let's get started with the mating part. I can't wait any longer."

Anori concurred. He moved instinctually, driven by a mad need. A portal gateway blinked open around him then closed again in an instant, in what was the least efficient, shortest distance teleport he had ever done in his entire life--in one heartbeat he was standing beside Mikansu, then in the next he was behind her, lunging forward to mount her body.

In physical form, Mikansu didn't feel too different from that wild beast earlier--warm flesh and soft fur, and a very pleasant scent. Yet Anori found it vastly more pleasing to be on her back instead, wrapping his forelimbs around her midriff. This was right, for her, and for him, and he was filled with an intense need like he hadn't felt in aeons.

Mikansu stood firm and steady as he shifted about on her back, getting into just the right position. He tightened his hold--one paw around her torso, the other paw on her shoulder--and then he pressed his hips forward and pushed himself in. Bliss.

"Grrrahh..." A deep grunt came from Anori's throat, while Mikansu's jaws dropped in a silent exclamation. There was warm, wet friction as sensitive flesh slid against sensitive flesh, in the most primal of behaviours. He put himself inside her. "Mikansu...!"

Mikansu still had her eyes closed, but she pressed her hips back against him. "Oh yes. That fits right... That is just what I needed. Keep going."

He did.

Anori relished the sensation. He went wild, letting ancient primal instinct seize control and dictate action, as if he were nothing more than some animal. His body had wanted this for so long, but his mind had suppressed the idea--but no more. "Mikansu. Ah, Mikansu... I want you. I want to breed you."

Mikansu threw her head back, bumping her ears against his chin. "Yes. Do that. Absolutely do that." She let out another soft, pleasured gasp, and then she shuddered all over even as Anori kept clutching onto her from behind. "Ahh..."

His erection felt almost painfully stiff, and every stroke he made in and out sent a tingle of wonderful sensation. Warm, wet, a little messy, but instinctually gratifying. The pleasure built, climbing upwards at an extraordinary rate. If asked a few days ago, Anori would have claimed he had no need for such primal, mammalian action, but now he wanted it more than anything else. It felt right to be coupling with Mikansu, humping into her, shoving himself deep. They were animals.

"Anori," Mikansu gasped. Anori blinked his eyes open--he had closed them without thinking, so focused was he on the raw physical sensations. Yet it wasn't just about the sensations--the knowledge that he was coupling with another greater spirit, Mikansu, no less, was an absolute thrill.

Mikansu turned her head and glanced over her shoulder, making eye contact for just a brief second, and then she raised a forelimb before slamming it down onto the stone floor of the shrine. A burst of power went out from her, making the air tingle and causing Anori's fur to stand on end. "Anorrri," Mikansu said again, rolling his name with her tongue. "Vinitrodas undine dak'tau?"

The spellwords echoed around the shrine and in his ears, and Anori's thrusts slowed as he curiously observed the spell snap into effect. A gust of wind rushed in from the entranceway, again carrying a flurry of snowflakes that lodged themselves amongst their sides--the snow traced out runes that were hard to distinguish on Anori's white fur but more easily visible in Mikansu's dark fur.

"Oh! Huurrhh." Anori groaned as his arousal skyrocketed even further, driven by those magical runes. His erection throbbed and his hips sped up again, humping mindlessly without thinking what he was doing. The motion of his body fed into the spell, generating even more magic that filled both Winter spirits with yet more lustful desire.

"Vinitrodas, vinieeroptrat, das," Mikansu continued, singing out more words of power. More snow rushed into the shrine and clung to their fur, making that first rune more complex in form and drawing out yet more runes across their sides, their limbs, even their necks.

"Ahhhkkk..." Anori made a choked, overwhelmed sound and his forelimbs clutched tighter around Mikansu's torso. The pleasure blew to such a breath-taking level that he thought he would instantly climax, yet somehow the spellwork held him back. Instead of blasting over the edge, the growing ecstasy soared to astonishing new heights. Every movement, every thrust, was so sweetly pleasurable that Anori closed his eyes and buried his muzzle amongst the soft fur of Mikansu's scruff. His length felt so stiff and sensitive that his pace slowed down even more, just to keep from being overwhelmed. "Mikansu! What was... oh that's so good... so... ahh..."

"Heh. That was basic. Ever a lesser spirit of Spring could pull off an arousal spell like that. I'll show you some real magic." Mikansu's tail brushed against his underbelly as it wagged, and then she forcefully slammed her hips back against him, making Anori mewl from the sheer overwhelming sensation. "Give it to me. Your essence, yes, but also your power. Feed the spell."

"Ok... ok... ahh..." With eyes closed and snout buried in Mikansu's fur, Anori gasped. All his mind was enraptured by intense sexual pleasure, but he managed to find some fragment of concentration to do as Mikansu asked. Instinctively he reached for his power and released it, sending magic pouring out from his form in colourful tendrils of energy.

Mikansu rocked her body and tossed her head from side to side, gathering up the magic and feeding it with her own power, before sending it spinning around them in a spell so complex and intricate that Anori couldn't tell what it did. The magic swirled around the shrine like a tornado, filling the whole space with intense power that made the air crackle, yet instead of having any effect on either of the greater spirits, the spell just continued to function on its own.

"Keep going," Mikansu murmured. "Anori, I'm... almost there. Ah, anh, ha..." She was either moaning from pleasure or chanting out rhythmic incantations to feed her spell work--perhaps both. On his part, Anori was almost delirious with pleasure, and so filled with lustful need that he had to get it out. Raw magic flowed openly from his body in a torrent, more than he'd use to create a Winter blizzard, more than he'd normally use in a week, more even than the portal array he'd created with Mikansu earlier.

Magical energies whirled around them in a spiral of potential and power, and for a brief moment Anori lost his sense of self. He could feel Mikansu's mind, and shared sensation washed between them both. He was seeing double, feeling double. Two were one--a winter spirit with another winter spirit, one animal thrusting into another animal--and it was hard to tell where one body ended and another started. The magic spun quicker as it tightened around them, forcing them together, letting their souls briefly brush.

That moment of maximal intimacy held for just a brief few seconds, then it all became overtopped by pleasure. Anori felt the sensations peak out, and despite how intense they had been before, now the pleasure spiked to a blinding high. No more thrusting, no more talking, no more anything--just instinct, and instinct made Anori shove himself as deep into Mikansu as he could go, then he held on tight to her body as he exploded.

"Hgrraanah..." An incoherent sound came from Anori's throat as he lost voluntary control of his muscles. The sensation was warm, wet, liquid ecstasy pouring out of his body in sticky, supremely satisfying spurts, shooting into his partner right where it had to go. It was just indescribably pleasurable as his body ran through ancient reflexes, transferring his essence to his partner. Magic thundered around the two winter spirits, swirling and exploding like fireworks. Mikansu groaned too, and he could feel her clenching around him, as they both endured climax.

Slowly, gradually, that intense high faded down to something more tolerable and Anori's thoughts begin to restart. A warm afterglow blanketed his mind, leaving him warm, fuzzy, and numb. Mikansu shuddered, but otherwise she remained still, standing firm with legs rigid, resolutely taking his weight as he remained lodged deep inside her. The proper canine behaviour would have been to dismount and turn himself around, but Anori was so lightheaded that he stumbled on his hindlegs before toppling sideways. "Ooh..."

"Woah!" Mikansu let out a surprised laugh as they both tumbled to the ground, groins still locked together.

"Sorry. I... that was so..." Anori blinked as he tried to clear his thoughts. Suddenly he was utterly lethargic and sleepy, and all he wanted to do was to curl up somewhere warm and safe to nap. Lying on the stone floor of the shrine, he spooned against Mikansu, hugging her back against his chest. "Mikansu..."