Winter's Embrace Ch. 01

Story Info
A young woman will do whatever it takes to survive.
4.6k words
4.34
3.2k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Winter's Embrace

Chapter 1

By Aer Snow96

***Author's Note

This is a story I did a while back, but I never did know how it felt so I'm posting it here for feedback. As for my other stories, I'm still drafting the chapters for those and plotting how they'll end, which is why I haven't posted in a while. I'll be back soon once I figure out how to end them.

Thank you for the feedback and support!

All characters engaged in sexual activity are above the age of consent.

***

They came in the early hours, when the sun had barely crested on the frozen peaks of the east, when the rooster had naught a chance to signal the coming dawn.

The winter winds never settled on Grünisveil, always moving and shifting. Yet Greta watched as the riders strode out of the winding path towards her home. They were astride mounts that could weather the worst of the winter season. Their size complemented their riders, who stood head and shoulders higher against the tallest Grünisveil native. Laden with heavy furs, weapons sheathed at their side, they were giants among men. Behind them trailed a cart pulled by a wooly yak, whose horns swerved majestically long.

Lonesome was her abode, the nearest neighbor had long since abandoned their own farm years past. What became of them, she does not know. Her constant company on these days where the constant whispers of the wind.

She tucked her furs closer, she breathed into her cold hands the moisture in the air clear and crisp. It was not winter at its peak and already the steady gust that wrought their small village could freeze a waterdrop before it even hits the ground.

Such was the cold here, hard and unforgiving.

She had only passed word the day before and was not expecting at all. She kept her gaze to the mounted riders, perhaps she could meet them halfway and be done with this.

What would be a better fate?

To die of hunger, with some measure of dignity and honor intact?

The empty house beckoned her inside. To go to bed. Sleep. Dream of times when she was not alone, when the fireplace was constantly alight not only by fire but of life. Dream of the days of warmth and family....

A strong gust broke her from her reverie.

Not that it would make any difference. She ran out of firewood three days past. It was nothing short of a miracle as to how she survived to this point. The moth eaten fur blanket was all that was of any value or use, that and the very clothes on her back. Everything else, she burned to keep the coldness at bay. Oh how she wished she could pry her eyes away from the riders, no one in the village ever wished for their coming. Even the memory of her sending word to them was like a dream. Watching outside of her own body. Even now, it was watching from somebody else's eyes, a dream that she could wake out of at any time. A beautiful delusion of control.

When the riders have finally crested the top of the knoll, she took whatever meager belonging she has, and strode out to meet them.

At least the breeze weakened within the porch of her abode. Five steps into the snow, the cold seeped from every direction. Each step was a struggle, for she swayed to and fro as if a mere gust could bring her down. The riders where somewhat surprised even in the thickest of their clothing she could make out their brows, frozen with ice as they were shot up and broke the collecting frost. She could only imagine how she looked, the look of someone so desperate to eat boiled leather just to go on.

She unceremoniously got up through the back of the cart, the driver watched her all the way silent his eyes betraying no emotion nor thought. Sacks and baskets of this year's harvest laid within. She gripped the cart, more for self-control for her mouth watered at the mere scent of smoked meat that laid within the great number of offerings.

One rider looked towards his companion, he replied with a shrug. And without a word they rode out, Greta did not look back to the lonesome house atop the knoll, that place had been long dead and whatever warmth within had turned to ash.

They made their way into town, the carter giving her a heavy fur cloak, a long winding piece. Greta zealously took it and wrapped it into her shoulders. It was so long that trails of it covered the surrounding seats beside her. She noticed others tucked beneath the seat in front of her. These were meant to be shared. The though sent a pang that she had to share such warmth. It was of better make and the warmth much lasting.

They stopped by the house of the baker.

Outside Greta could see shadows within for even in this winter morning deep inside their houses it might as well be the cover of darkness, some shouting an argument of sorts.

The rider was about to get down when the door burst open, the scent of baked bread made her stomach growl so loud that the driver had to turn around over the din of the howling wind. Greta meet his gaze and shrugged.

A tall girl, a good head and a half taller than Greta, strode out eyes puffy from what seemed to be a night of tears and morning as well, Her mother a comely woman with a girth to match watched from the door, Her father drooped down and had dried tears as well; The rider got down and took the girl by the arm there was some hesitation in the father. A hard stare from both riders made him reluctantly let go of the girl's arm. She climbed the cart and sat beside Greta.

Kaja her name was if Greta remembered correctly, Greta covered her shoulders with the fur blanket, noticing that her dress was more likely five times more expensive and five times more likely to keep her warm.

They both made no attempts at conversation. As the hooves clattered once more Greta watched as the father stood still on the driveway watching as her daughter was being taken away from her like some ghost of a distant past, unable to move on.

The last house was the one that might bring the most trouble. Greta breathed in deep. For this was not going to end well she knew.

For this was the house of the swineherder. It had been months since she last laid eyes on Wendelgard but the fiery red head, no matter the cold would not be cooled off.

"No matter what happens, do not add to the problem," was the first words she uttered to Kaja.

"W-what?" The girl stuttered, snot leaking down her nose, either from the cold or the crying she could not be certain. Her soft blue eyes were tinged red in the edges.

"Trouble comes our way and it would be best for all parties if they would cooperate. You know of Wendelagard, don't you?"

"I-I....Have heard of her."

They stood on the drive way waiting. It was customary to be met out halfway outside. But the longer they stood the colder it got.

One rider got off his horse and walked towards the door.

BANG! BANG!

His banging against the hardwood was so loud that Greta half expected the entire house to go down.

Still nothing.

The rider stepped back and kicked. The door broke down and there was a scream. Some scuffle and not five heartbeats later the rider walked away with a luggage in his shoulder. A mess of red hair and futile fury, Wendelgard hammer her fist and unleashed a swearing unlike Greta had heard before.

Her face was flushed red but not because of whimpering cries but her apparent anger was so hot it might as well melt ice. Her cheeks threatened to be as red as her hair.

The Rhaikins would enjoy greatly taming the furious red head.

When she was being uncooperative, a punch to the gut sent her breakfast into the snow. On her knees, she was granted no clemency she was hoisted into the adjacent seat and with that the harvest of this cycle was finished and the fruits to be delivered atop Bleeding Rock Fort.

"That was utterly foolish," Greta broke the silence.

Wendelgard's red rimmed gaze landed on her and she met it with her own steel glare.

"Foolish? I am not so willing to kneel to these landthieves and suck their cock! Homeburners the lot of 'em!"

Greta could not contain the scoff escaping her lips.

"Invaders? I agree. But their strength lies in more than just mere mindless violence. What good are Sword and spears against the winter cold? Hunger? Men could not eat steel. Should the time come when one unruly peasant refuse to pay tribute they need not fire to bring their abode down." They were moving once more. From where they are, it seems they are more than half way and not far off to the eastern edge of town where the shadow of Bleeding Rock Hall loomed. Even from here, the lights could be seen swaying amidst the wind. Built atop a great many formations of red rocks that never ceased heating, it is said that long ago the very earth itself bled on the very spot, spewing red hot blood that burned everything in its path.

"Two or three visit from the Wyrfolk will solve that and they need not lift a finger!" Greta snapped. Her growling stomach adding to her annoyance. If only she got something to eat. Could they have not given them some food?

"No, they need not torch it down, they just don't ever acknowledge you exist at all." Greta went on, much in control of her tempers.

"We need them more than they need us and they know it."

Refusal isn't an option. It is death.

Greta hung her head down, trying to keep her eyes awake. Words echoed at the back of her head but their meaning lost. Kaja and Wendelmar exchanged words but Greta could not keep track of it. She licked her lips and once or twice nearly lost consciousness.

Before she knew it, they were hoisted atop the Rhaikin's mighty and fearsome fort, the shadow of which can blot out the entire village at when times the sun peaks out of the clouds.

Ah! Yelped Kaja as she grabbed hold of Greta's arm. Greta did not have the energy to bat away the frightened girl or be amazed at the mechanism as the platform they were on brought them up. She always saw this complicated contraption of the Rhaikins from a distance, never had she though back then that she would be on it one day. Wendelmar gripped the sides of the cart with wide eyes and Greta swore she saw sweat on the redhead's brow.

As they ascended towards the maw of the Rock, the darker it grew up until they were swallowed within. Torches laid on the walls and horses stabled not far off into the side. Small circular windows were fixed high up and the winds whistled through them. Oft to one side, crates of food and produce were being stored and workers and warriors alike did their tasks barely taking notice of the newcomers.

"Come," came the command from the riders, both now on foot.

As they sat, befuddled by all the commotion, the annoyed driver motioned them out of his cart. The two riders disembark and headed their horses in the stable. They stood by the girls as they waited to be let in.

The doors opened. The great big chunk of woods creaking on their hinges. Two servants or warriors for such was their stature that it was difficult to discern, brought the gates to open. Out came a lady. But not just a mere lady, from the moment Greta laid her eyes she knew it was a High Noble. Rhaikins were a good head taller than the tallest village folk, and this woman carried herself with the air and dignity of nobility. If her countenance did not spoke of it then her clothes did.

A simple and yet fine dress with intricate rosemalling of her people along with a gold necklace and earrings. Her jewelry was minuscule in the grand scheme but they sparkled like solitary stars in a dark night. A fine gold necklace fixed upon a bright green gem that matched well with the hue of her dress. Small earrings of the calmest blue gems decorated her ears.

Her cheekbones were defined, a sharp and strong chin and jaw and hair of gentle, soft gold along with eyes that could pierce a winterstom and colder than the winter winds themselves.

She swept them all up in a single gaze. Body, soul and the clothes on their flesh.

She saw it all in a single sweep of her ice-cold gaze.

At her shadow stood two of the most beautiful women Greta had ever laid eyes on. Such was their beauty that her hunger was struck away momentarily from her thoughts. The lady's left was a girl with raven hair with bright green eyes that seemed to glow. Pink, full lips that the very sight of them made Greta even more hungry from some reason that confused her. She wore a simple dress, much that of a servant than of a lady of great beauty. Her clothing did not hide the womanly curves that made men hard with desire. Ample breasts that peaked, nearly testing the strength of the cloth that hid them.

Much more striking was her other company. Not as tall as the Rhaikin Noble but taller than Kaja by a few inches. But her skin was dark and smooth and had a luster to it. Hazel eyes that just could warm the soul of any that stares into them. She was an exotic lady, a foreigner from lands beyond the Greta's knowledge.

"You are now the property of the master," she said. Her voice was calm yet carried beneath it the power of a glacier and the threat of it too should you irk her ire. You will please them and serve them. Do this simple tasks and you will be rewarded abundantly as if you have arrived in the Tranquil halls of Valhalla itself.

"You answer to me and if spoken to, the Master."

"I will not be cowed, invader!" Proclaimed Wendelgard.

Greta winced, afraid of a lashing, yet none came. The guards stood as if they heard her none at all. The Rhaikins woman merely looked at her, her expression no different from a while ago.

They stood in a chamber where the fourth wall lay open, the entirety of the Veil of Grunis was for all within to behold, and winter's embrace had laden the entire land in white desolation. In some parts where the eye can see the winds still but a great majority of it was tussled by the ferocious, unforgiving cold.

"The tributes have been offered, of this we acknowledge but the High Master had learned long ago that unyielding loyalty to duty is quite an indispensable value. Each of you here present have a contract or another that saw you presented here and now."

"Wendelmar. Your uncle had convinced the High Master to invest in his venture for coin and a great variety of livestock in exchange to be returned fivefold. Two winters had past and your uncle had placed such responsibility in the name of your clan. Our Master had been gracious and understanding, so in exchange of further protection and additional assistance in these hard times."

"Kaja, these past harvest had been quite difficult in exchange for that you understand at that you are offered, yes? But the master understands the value of such hence he will pay."

"Truth be told the contract has not been sealed yet. You may still return to your families. But you are unable to attain the protection of the Master. Should you wish to do so, merely walk down the path to my left towards the village. Pass the door to my right and the contract will be sealed. But you must hold your end, should you do so."

Three men moved out of the right door. Rhaikin warriors from the muscles that bulged out of their tunics, the grim stares of their eyes. They were bereft of any weapons but Greta could tell from the air of them.

"Let us see your resolve then. " Mathilde simply stated.

The men began to unclasp the knot of their trousers. Kaja gasped and damn near fainted. Wendelmar gaze only darkened

Greta seeing the act, the weight of it all dawned on her, that there was no turning back from this.

But what was there to return to? An empty home? A frozen tomb to wait in for the cold and hunger to become too much that death comes for her. She watch as the men finally unclasped their trousers, naked members for all to see.

Would this be her life now? Serving cocks?

"You will be taken care of, the same as you have served the desires of the Master's men. Food fit for kings. A warm bed by the fire. Never will you go cold again," broke Mathilde's whisper as the three of them could not pry their eyes away from the task at hand.

Her stomach growled and she closed her eyes. And remembered what lay at her back and what lies before her.

She got to her knees and drowned out all thoughts. She tried to ignore the rushing blood and once more cursed her trembling hands. It was mere flesh. She could not help herself as she took a whiff of the limp member as she took it on her hand.

She only heard from gossips and such but never actually saw a man's cock. Twenty summers pass and this was to be the first. She gripped the thing on her hand, still it was limp.

It was a bushy beast, hair unkempt. But she didn't care. She was way past caring. Never shall she go to bed with an empty stomach, to wake up on the middle of the night on the grumble of her stomach.

The very thoughts of food and hunger, the promise of food fueled her motions.

And so she took it upon her lips the very head of the shaft. The more she stroke, in each passing heartbeat she felt the penis grow harder and taut.

His breathing drew in sharp. Greta tucked her hair behind her air and could not help but look and stare into the warriors eyes as her tongue played the dickhole. Poking and probing. Greta's eyes wandered towards the others.

Wendelmar was a master in contrast to her and Kaja.

The warrior could not contain his pleasure as he gripped grabbed handfuls of red hair and pushed his engorged cock deeper and deeper that Greta could see it bulged in Wendelmar's throat.

"Oh, it seems dear Wendelmar has some experience," observed Mathilde as she circled them.

Kaja on the otherhand, was less than stellar, Barely holding unto the shaft as it would bite her.

"Use your tongue girl! Grip tighter! Do you want your family to starve?!" threatened Mathilde.

Tears rolled down, she sucked in a breath and outstretched her tongue working from the base of the shaft, slowly and clumsily licking the stiffening flesh, like a toddler

"Uugh, it seems you have to learn much, dear child."

Head light and breathing shallow, Greta broke her lips apart, sucking in dear air. The monster was now hard as wood. She glanced towards the giant whose cock she was pleasing, and it seemed he had yet long ways before this was over. She was so hungry. Would they finally feed them after this ordeal?

So she renewed her vigor, using the last of her strength and put it into the enraged, veiny member. She spit into it, ferociously stroking from shaft to head that her elbows ached. It was so massive now that it would definitely choke her should she try and force this into her mouth. One hand was not enough and so she used both hers to cover the entire expanse of the monstrous cock. It twitched beneath her grasp as her two hands stroked the veiny shaft. She let her tongue work on the head. Hearing the warrior grunt in pleasure brought about an odd sense of satisfaction to her.

An ear shattering roar erupted and Greta glanced to see the warrior that Wendelmar served spouted his white seed unto the redhead. Eyes closed, from exhaustion or pleasure, Greta could not tell as a shower of semen covered her face. The warrior, breathing heavy damn near stumbled as he leaned against the wall for support.

Oft to the side, she swore she saw a grin on Mathilde's lips as she signaled her ladies to aid the now finished Wendelmar, ushering her in the right path.

The briefest scent of roasted beef, bread and fish wafted in the air as the door was opened. Greta was close enough that the mere act of smelling them seemed to have renewed her strength and desire. Food, there was food beyond that door!

All she had to do was finish. But how?

She looked on the erect monster, gulped and opened her jaws as wide as she could. Tucking her tongue against her teeth, her lips clamped down on the shaft , fearing it might slip away. She held her breathed and pushed further.

12