All Comments on 'Wonder Woman: The Power Trap Pt. 01'

by Sperman Alexie

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting!!!

Please continue can't wait to see what happens next.

verbicideverbicidealmost 9 years ago
2 stars

But not for the reasons you might think. The sex was all fine, but the writer's command of the source material was pretty pathetic. Post Crisis on Infinite Earths, Diana's powers weren't dependent on her remaining a virgin, nor did the Amazons create her lasso. Hephaestus created the lasso as only the god of the forge could do. Diana's powers are inherent to her, not dependent upon the girdle of Hera. Hyppolyta required it when she subbed for Wonder Woman because normal amazons lack Diana's divine gifts. Also, Greek Gods and Roman Gods are the same gods and none possess the power to actually read minds, except as their particular domains of power permit. Ares/Mars (Greek or Roman, same god) can respond to violent thoughts to provoke war. Morpheus can enter dreams. All can answer directed prayers. None possess the power to simply enter an unwilling mind.

Finally, If you're going to write a story about a daughter of Hyppolyta, wouldn't it work better if she had a name whose etymology traces back to her roots? While Lorena is the correct interpretation in italian, the name has it's roots in english, as Lorena is a translation of Lorraine and in Latin (actually closer to what the Amazons would speak) it translates as Lauren, not Lorena.

I'm a fan of super-hero fanfiction done well, even the pornographic variety, but when it is done so poorly, with so many details screwed up I can't really give it anything but a resounding thumbs down.

poeticprose69poeticprose69almost 9 years ago
Need to do my research

Verbicide, Thank you for calling me out on the discrepancies. I have to admit, my sense of Post-Crisis/Pre-New 52 had more to do with rationalizing Power Girl and Superman and Supergirl in the same place and little to do with any of the actual history of the DC Universe.

This is my fantasy about Wonder Woman. If I had it to do over, I'd have made it just a random WW story... or even about a heroine of my own creation.

I chose to use DC characters to simplify imagery.

poeticprose69poeticprose69almost 9 years ago
Thank you!

Anonymous: Part two is right here.

https://www.literotica.com/s/wonder-woman-the-power-trap-pt-02

Eventually, I'll return to this storyline. I've got a vampire story arc in the works right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it

Some minor mistakes about wonder woman but the story is still very good.

Thank you for writting it, can't wait for chapter 3.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous