All Comments on 'Workshop'

by SimonBrooke

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Different

This was interesting. I really liked the fact that the person writing it wasn't engaged in sexual activities, but was a witness. Liked the realism. This was art, not just an erotic story.

NashaNashaover 17 years ago
Original, clever, and hot

"Workshop" amuses, arouses, and provokes. And bravo on achieving an extraordinary climax in an ordinary setting without straying too far from the realm of believability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Highly Recommended

The old Repressed Sub and Perfect Dom turn into something new and fresh in the hands of an author who lets us watch them from a different angle, revealing their yet more ancient true natures in a climactic sex scene.

Smartly introduced in anti-terms, John, the non-descript protagonist endowed with all the elusiveness of a Cheshire Cat, remains a shady figure from id rather than a fully realized character, and quite deliberately so. His female complement, Pat, appears brightly lit by contrast, occupying the spotlight during the intense and highly erotic psychodrama. The rest of the actors, including the sulking first person narrator, spring to life with equal ease, sketched in broad strokes yet deeply familiar.

"Workshop" is a charmingly layered piece in which life and art mimic each other and archetype lurks just beneath the surface of reality. From the opening lines that subtly suggest the story's meta-awareness, through the suspenseful mystery-style build up and satisfying resolution, all the way to the added ending twist, the story never falters, clever but not ostentatiously so, insightful and fun.

V.

VermilionVermilionover 17 years ago
Grrrr

Tantalising, erotic and frustrating.

MoreRudeThanYouMoreRudeThanYoualmost 17 years ago
Wow

That was amazingly well written, and I'll agree, frustrating. You'd like to see the author get his at some point, after all. Everyone likes a happy ending right? lol Your attention to detail was perfect, it made it very real. Great job!

SafraSafraabout 16 years ago
Yes, this is art...

It aroused me, it made me think, it leaves me excited!

Only the narrator's effort in using the knife on Yasmin was a bit too much for me... Are men really that stupid? ;)

Apropos Yasmin, she "mutates" to Jasmin at one point...

Just this evening the difference between the categories NonConsent/Reluctance and BDSM were discussed on the German forum. I stand corrected... I will have to revise my opinion!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wow

Absolutely amazing! Definitely one of the best I've read, and the writing was superb! It's better than even some published books I've read.. though they may not have had such interesting content.. Although I will agree it was somewhat frustrating, the poor narrator! Oh well, still an amazing story! And where can I find me a workshop like this one??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Worksop

I've been to Worksop. It wasn't this sexy.

CloudsSipCloudsSipalmost 15 years ago
The allure of darkness brilliantly explored

This is superbly written. Numerous characters for a short story, exquisitely and effectively defined. Convincing plot and setting for extended exploration of taboos and psychosocial dynamics. Satisfying story arc. Beautifully ambiguous hero and a slowly repulsing narrator and a heroine whose depths are revealed in tension - as depths really always are. Room left for the imagination to play, to question and reconsider interpretations and extrapolations. I want to buy the author a glass of excellent wine, something dark and complex which lingers. Thank you for this work.

spoiled_bratschespoiled_bratscheover 14 years ago
Fascinating

and alluring... and disturbing... and most thought-provoking... and, it goes without saying, exquisitely crafted, as your stories always are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Patience

If I were put in his position, I would've just left John in charge and gone somewhere else, but that's just because I have very little patience. And it's good that I'm NOT in his position because I'd still be waiting. Haha.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSimonBrooke@SimonBrooke
I'm here because I'm interested in stories, both in reading them and in writing them. Most of my own stories aren't strictly erotica, although they all revolve around the area of sexuality, dominance, violence.