World of Ranicke 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

When he glanced around the tree he noticed the bear was starting to slow down and looking over its shoulder since one of the warriors was getting the girl. It was starting to turn back around as its meal was being taken away. It gave out a massive roar as well as it was turning.

Jim didn't think when he lunged out and using the axe took a swipe at the bear. He had learned how to use an axe as a weapon years ago and he rather liked it. The swing was a slice since he wasn't sure just how tough the skin was and the last thing he wanted was to get it stuck. He had to take another swing to get the bears attention and he focused on the damaged front paw which definitely got the bear's attention.

Thomas jumped out as well. At this point being silent was a moot point. "Jim are you frigging nuts? Taking on a bear?" He was using his sword much as Jim was the axe. His slashes were almost flickering and only going so deep for the same reason. Now the bear was starting to bleed even more.

"God only knows Thomas. Probably hit my head when I came to your world." He flicked another slice at the bear and since the axe had double bits as soon as it flicked past he returned the opposite direction and slashed across the bears face.

The bear bellowed and stood up to try and swing at the little things that were making him hurt. The rest of the warriors were gathered around but not too close to keep from interfering with the two who were doing the fighting.

Jim saw his chance and dashed under the bear's paw but misjudged and felt the claws flash across his back and he had to resist screaming. He was already moving so even with his back screaming in pain he finished the swing. He was on the side of the bear and with all his might swung the axe at the junction between head and shoulder and felt it hit with a heavy thud that made his hands sting. His hit was solid and partially severed the spine and the bear went down.

As it went down so did Jim. The pain was indescribable and he ended up on his hands and knees before collapsing on his stomach. "Oh fucking hell this hurts. Damn it." He tried to take slow shallow breaths which did help but frankly it was all he could do not to scream.

The leader came over and knelt down where Jim could see him. "Damn fool idiot. We would have taken the bear down eventually. You didn't need to take him on by yourself." He carefully moved the shreds of the shirt and vest to the side and winced. "Well we are going to need to get a litter and carry you back to the clearing." He rested his hand on his shoulder for a moment. "The little girl is safe though."

Thomas knelt down as well and shook his head. "You are nuts man. Remind me to never irritate you." He was smiling when he said it. Several other warriors were working on dragging the bear away from Jim. They would check it and if the damaged leg was the only problem then it would end up in the larder.

~~~

Eventually they made it back to the camp and Sorrel came over and groaned. "Damn it Jim can't you stay in one piece for more than a few days?" She sounded worried and concerned about him. Sorrel followed them to the medical tent and settled off to one side and waited for the healers to take a look.

One tsked at him. "Young man if I see you in here again for anything other than training injuries I am going to make you heal without any pain herbs." As she was talking she was starting to spread an ointment that would numb the wounds before bothering to clean them. While she was doing her thing another healer came up with a cup and a straw. "Son drink this and it will make you drowsy while we work on you."

Jim remembered the stuff and even though the ointment was starting to work he really didn't want to be awake while they were doing whatever they were going to need to do. He took the straw and greedily sucked it down. Once he did he turned his head and looked at Sorrel and discovered that Nasha was there as well. He held his hand out and both took it. "The girl is safe right?" He vaguely remembered the warrior leader saying something but he had been dealing with the initial pain and adrenaline from the fight.

Sorrel twitched her ears and chattered at him. "Yes she is fine. As soon as you drew the bear away one of the others grabbed her and ran back to the camp." She gave his hand a squeeze. "You silly stupid brave man. I can't believe you took a bear on with just an axe." Her fur around her eyes were damp and her voice was a bit wavery.

Nasha wrapped an arm around Sorrel and gave his hand a squeeze. "By now your actions are probably spread through half the camp. If you think having Sorrel and I sharing you when you recover..." Just for good measure she winked at him. She snickered as he groaned but by now his eyes were starting to slide shut and moments later he was asleep.

The old woman started working on him as well as another healer and they chased the two women out of the tent since they needed the room. Much of his back needed sutures and it took them a goodly amount of time to get the skin approximated. Once done they slathered on more of the numb weed and called in several males and the ladies. "He can go to your tent or your father's. He can move as long as he is very slow with movements. Anything more than to a privacy chair needs to be restricted for at least three days. Most movements are going to need the use of his back muscles and any stress on the sutures may cause them to be ripped out."

She waved at the males who picked the stretcher up and carried him out and to Sorrel's tent. Once there they very carefully picked him up and tucked him into bed. As of now he was nude again since one of the wounds went below the waist line. "We are going to have shifts outside so if you need any help just poke your head out." One of the males told the ladies and then left the tent.

By now Jim was definitely snoring and both women settled down in chairs in the tent and both looked tired and stressed. Nasha finally spoke. "I have to wonder if he is like this all the time. If so it would give me a major headache." As they were talking a couple of the older kids came over with some drinks and it was obvious they wanted to see Jim and how he was doing. "Thank you but please tell the others that he is doing okay but he needs to rest."

They nodded at her and glanced towards the bed and you could hear them inhale. The sheet was only to his waist and the dressings could be seen. They listened to Nasha. One looked at her. "Tell him that we will be waiting for him to come back and start teaching again." As they walked out they were whispering to each other. They decided that unless the ladies chased them away they were going to come and play some music quietly.

Sorrel sighed. "From what I can tell he is sort of that way. From the moment he left the healers tent he was agitating to do something to cover what we were doing for him." She gave Nasha a warm smile. "Seeing him with the kids was really cool. I think he feels it is one way he can pay back what we have done for him. Working with the warriors is also a way." She shook her head and took a sip of the juice and sighed.

Since the search for the little girl was right about breakfast time it was mid afternoon. Since Jim had been injured she wasn't expected to do any chores. Frankly she would prefer to be doing her jobs and not have Jim being hurt. "Well crap. He is going to be hating life for a few days. That is especially true with using the chair again."

Nasha finished her drink. "I need to get but if you want relief just send a cub over and get me and I can give you a break." As she was leaving she noticed several of the cubs sitting down near the tent and they started playing quietly so as not to wake him. She gave them a warm smile as she headed back to her tent.

~~~

Eventually Jim woke up and he tensed slightly but the pain wasn't too bad and he had to sigh in relief. His brain was sort of fuzzy and he assumed that was from the drink. As he lay there he took stock of his surroundings and his body. From the smell and what he could see he was back in Sorrel's tent. He was on his stomach and groaned since he could tell he was nude again. "Damn it can't I get wounded where I can at least wear my shorts?"

That got Sorrel's attention and she walked over and gently settled on the edge of the bed. "Maybe you need to quit getting hurt silly human." She stroked his hair for a moment. "Do you need the chair? It will be a bit more time before it is time for any pain meds but your back shouldn't be hurting to badly." Sorrel leaned forward and pressed a kiss to the back of his neck. "You have five claw marks across your back that have been sutured. The healer said you don't get to move much for three days to let the basic healing get started."

Jim groaned again. "I really hate the chair. I really do. Fuck why did I do this?" He leaned into the stroking and pressed his face against her leg. "I am glad the little girl is safe though. Makes it all worth it to me and that is one of the reasons I joined the military. To help and protect." His bladder did start letting him know that he needed the chair. "Um, if you can call for help I would appreciate it."

Once that was taken care of he asked to be sat in a regular chair though he didn't lean back. Sorrel handed him a towel to drape across his lap as he sat there. "Thanks again Sorrel I appreciate the help." He could hear the music from outside and had to smile. "Let me guess the kids I have been playing with right?"

She nodded and called out. "If you want to come in for a few moments Jim is awake and you can talk to him till his food arrives." When the kids came in Sorrel smiled at them since they had been sort of rotating through the kids he had been teaching and learning from.

The kits slowly came into the tent and they were carrying their instruments as they were walking in. Jim smiled at them and when the two little inu pups leaned against his legs he stroked their ears and handed out pets to the other kids as well. "Thank you for playing outside. It means a great deal to me." He talked with them for a few moments till someone carried a plate of food in. "You heard her. I need the food and then to go back to bed. My back is starting to ache for some reason."

That got a giggle from one of the girls that had started learning as well. "You are a silly person Jim. Of course it is going to hurt when you fought a bear hand to hand." There were all kinds of stories going around on what had happened when they saved the girl. All they knew was that Jim had killed the bear and some were saying it was with his bare hands and others an axe and even another with some weapon that couldn't be described.

Jim snorted and then tensed. "Don't make me laugh Danita. Even I am not silly enough to go hand to hand with a bear. I ended up using an axe and had the rest of the warriors helping as well. I just helped distract the bear while they saved the little girl. They need to get some attention as well." Hell no did he want all the attention on himself. He had helped as part of a team. "Now why don't you go and find them and get them some drinks and food if they would like." He chased them out and tuned and fell on the food.

Once he was done eating she helped him back to the chair and then tucked him into bed. "Unless I shouldn't could I get another one of those drinks? I know that I am going to have trouble sleeping on my stomach since I really hate that. That and I don't think I can sleep otherwise." Whatever they had gooped the wounds with worked pretty well but just shifting an arm ached and moving his head was even worse.

She nodded. "They gave me some of the sleeping draught for you for now and when I change your dressings tomorrow. This one is stronger than the one earlier and should keep you through the night." Sorrel mixed it up and using another straw helped him suck it down. "There you go. Nasha is going to be here shortly to watch you so I can get something to eat and take a break."

Right about then Nasha walked in and gave Sorrel a smile. "I think Yim just wanted some babysitting. He could have just asked and I would have been happy to." She was snickering when she said that. "See you later Sorrel and if needed you can use my tent if your father is occupied in his."

Jim tried not to laugh and ended up with a groan. "Damn it woman don't make me laugh it hurts." After a number of slow deep breaths he could feel the laugher fading and the drink starting to kick in. "Thanks both of you." As he was slowly drifting off Nasha stripped down and crawled in next to him and gave him a peck and rested her arm across his hips away from his wounds.

She got comfortable next to him. "I need a nap as well if you don't mind." The kids tended to run her ragged and the afternoon she normally had babies and toddlers in her tent so when they went down for a nap she did as well. Since Danita was watching them while the two of them kept an eye on Yim she was going to get a nap if at all possible.

The next morning Jim woke up and buried his head in the pillow and groaned since the numbing ointment had faded and his wounds were screaming bloody murder. It felt like every muscle in his body was connected to his back.

At some point Sorrel and Nasha had swapped places and when Jim moved she noticed and rolled over and called for help. He had slept through the night and was going to need the chair. Eventually that was done and he was back in bed. "I need to change your dressings and it is going to be painful but once the ointment gets to work you will feel better." That was an agonizing 45 minutes for both of them. She felt really bad for the pain that she was causing him.

Jim ended up biting the pillow as she was working. It was horribly painful and as she was taking the dressings off but as soon as she started putting the ointment on he felt much better. As his body relaxed he sighed in relief. "That is some good stuff and thank god it works long term." They had a sort of pill as well that he would start taking later as well. "Now food please."

The next few days were frankly miserable for Jim. He had to pretty much stay on his stomach unless sitting in a chair. In a chair he had to sit up straight or turn a chair backwards and lean forwards. As usual the worst part was not being able to get a real bath. The sponge baths just didn't cut it even if it kept the stink of sweat down. Finally the third day rolled around and he was taken to the healers tent to have his wounds checked out.

The old lady who had treated him originally had him sit up as she removed the dressings. "You heal well for a human young man." She gently touched the various wounds even though he sort of winced and grunted a few times as she was working on him. "Okay Jim for now it is similar to when you were hurt the last time. Short baths, avoid soaking the wounds longer than needed. Short walks and come back in several days for a follow up. You don't need any dressings unless the wounds seep. If they do come back and see me."

Jim grinned when she said he could have a bath. "For telling me I can have a real bath I could kiss you. I feel so sticky and stinky that I don't care how long or short the bath is." With the help of Nasha he pulled one of the loose shirts on and left it hanging out of the pants. Even the pants were tied on lower than normal to keep from impacting on the one wound that was low on one cheek.

She gave him a look and grinned. "Well Nasha you can bring him past my tent this evening..." She started laughing as Jim turned beet red. She finally patted his leg. "Just teasing you young man. My mate might frown on me for bringing a young buck home."

Jim ended up coughing as he tried to clear his throat and respond. When she informed him that she had been teasing him he turned even redder. "Just for that I might just have to come over to your tent." He teased back. "Just for a meal though. I don't date mated women." Just for good measure he lightly grasped one hand and lifted it to his lips and gave it a light kiss. "There is your kiss fair lady. Nothing for your mate to get offended with."

Nasha managed not to die laughing at either of their comments and Yim's actions. "I think you spiked his water with something. I think I need to drag you to the baths and wash your brains out." She helped him off the exam table and nodded at the healer. "Thanks for the help."

After leaving the medical trailer they hit the bathing springs and he felt so much better. Since he couldn't soak for very long once he was clean he gave Nasha a kiss before going to find the kids and see if he could handle a bit of music. When he had realized that they were spending time quietly playing outside Sorrel's tent he had been very touched and wanted to get back to teaching them. It helped him relax and deal with his issues with being stuck in this world.

He did find them and spent the rest of the day relaxing as they played various songs. By the time he was done playing with them his back was starting to ache again. "I wanted to say thank you for the time you spent playing the music while I was stuck in bed." He gave all of them a good hug. He couldn't help but feel a sort of warm fuzzy since the small group he had started playing with had grown and had both boys and girls now. There had been five or six in the beginning but by now there were on average twelve to fifteen each day.

~~~

By the time he made it back that evening he was tired and his back was aching moderately badly. When he limped into Sorrel's tent he turned one of the chairs around so he would be leaning against the back and collapsed. "God if I do anything that stupid again just shoot me. It will be less painful." That was a generic grumble. He stripped his shirt off since it was pressing against his wounds.

A few minutes later Sorrel walked in and handed him a glass of juice. "You look beat Jim. We are going to be eating with my father this evening if you are up to it." She leaned over and gave him a peck on his cheek and stroked his hair for a moment. "He needs to talk to you. You have been here long enough now that one of the elders and a song master really want to talk to you." She knew they had been wanting to for a while but Moran had been keeping them at bay while Jim started getting used to the tribe.

Jim groaned. "Great. Just what I want to do while I am recovering." He knew it was going to happen and needed to be done but he was so not in the mood. Hopefully it would be tomorrow when he wasn't so tired and in pain. "Considering his tent is only one or two down I think I can handle it." Jim stretched carefully. "Why don't we go over now and then if you don't mind gooping my back down I would greatly appreciate it."

She grinned at his reaction to meeting with the elder and guild master. "Poor baby, if it helps the warrior master has already talked to the chief and is very pleased with your abilities and would like you to start working as a guard when you are feeling better." It would help him integrate more into the tribe. To be honest she wasn't sure if they would be able to find a way back to his world.

"Well that is one positive thing though I have to admit I really hate night watch. It always screws with my sleep." He grinned at her and stood up. He wasn't going to bother with a shirt since till the goop soaked in the shirt would just stick to it. "Shall we go? I am starting to get hungry." The food was very good if a bit strange and the spices were different as well but he had been starting to learn what he liked and what he didn't. "So why go to the chief's tent? He wanted to talk to me about the meetings?"

Sorrel nodded. "Oh, starting at bed time you will be taking pills for the pain as needed and not the numb weed lotion. It works slower but lasts longer and won't make your shirt stick to you." As he stretched she had to appreciate the muscles he had. Many of the males tended to be sort of bulky but Jim was built but not massively. He was more slender than many of the others yet had very nice definition. Just to tease him she swished her way over and ran a finger down his arm. "So very sexy. Hurry up and heal silly man."

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers