All Comments on 'Worth it All'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

Well written. Point made. Taken with a grain of salt....however....

Trust but verify from this point on. The fact she could do that says a lot about her.

Good read.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

cucks get one star

fucking whore got her panties in a twist becuase her husband didnt blow an 8 figure deal to watch her get a meaningless reward?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

This may be the stupidest story I've read in the last 5 years

.

Announcing that you think you there are problems with the marriage after 20 or 25 years by dancing with another man in public and openly And publicly REFUSING to dance with your husband when he shows up..... This is not the way to work on and save the marriage. Such behavior is not the way to get your husband or your spouse's attention that there are problems in the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For me, not a LW story. And a somewhat boring story at that.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Always the niggling doubt!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn what a sleezy thing to pull. If it were my wife it would make WWII look like a gag!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
I walked into the event completely out of breathe.

BREATH, not BREATHE, learn the difference!

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Not sure she's telling the truth.

Well done.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Surprisingly good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story is fine (if a bit bland), but the presence of a typo in the first sentence starts things off on a sour note.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, because the best way to start rebonding is by turning down your husband on the dancefloor infront of all your colleagues in favor of the company sleeze... this story idea would have worked better in another setting.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about this one.

I think it needs more.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Better ending, "Sorry Hanna, you played the slut, so go ahead and finish with your pal Steve. I don't share and I don't play those games. Clearly you think it's OK to do this and still claim you love me. You may think you'l always leave with me, but I'm chasing to leave without you. Goodbye slut!" The next week Stevie boi is attacked by an unknown assailant using a baseball bat and wearing a ski mask. James had ten witnesses swear he was in a bar drinking with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a stupid sore use for a story!! And a hot dog ends up being a man of his words?? Change ur pseudonym to ‘cookingwithcowdung’.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice to see a faithful wife!

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Thats was not a cool thing for her to do. Vindictive yes, hurtful yes, loving. Not so much.

doejohnny64doejohnny64over 1 year ago

Don't buy it. She's already f*cked him or she will soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They've been married how long and Hanna's still playing childish "games" to garner attention? Is she that shallow? What exactly has Hanna been doing to to demonstrate her depth of feelings and commitment to James? OH, yeah...playing childish immature "games" to make her husband jealous......and doing it a a public event where she could thoroughly humiliate him in front of her co-workers. James should have told Scott he could keep the shallow bitch and then left the party without her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They've been married how long and Hanna's still playing childish "games" to garner attention? Is she that shallow and insecure? What exactly has Hanna been doing to to demonstrate her depth of feelings and commitment to James? OH, yeah...playing childish immature "games" to make her husband jealous......and doing it a a public event where she could thoroughly humiliate him in front of her co-workers. James should have told Scott he could keep the shallow bitch and then left the party without her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They've been married how long and Hanna's still playing childish "games" to garner attention? Is she that shallow and insecure? What exactly has Hanna been doing to to demonstrate her depth of feelings and commitment to James? OH, yeah...playing childish immature "games" to make her husband jealous......and doing it a a public event where she could thoroughly humiliate him in front of her co-workers. What do you suppose Hanna's reaction would have been if James would have publicly embarrassed her is similar fashion? James should have told Scott he could keep the shallow bitch and then left the party without her. Another story that promotes and supports shitty behavior by women.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

I can accept most of what Hanna said.

My biggest issue with her description of events is that she's spent years telling James how much she dislikes Steve. Yet, she honestly expects James to accept that the dreamy look on her face, the way she stared lovingly in Steve's eyes, how smoothly they danced together was just an act?

It's hard enough to pull an act like that off with someone you really like much less someone you pretty much despise. If she's that good of an actress why isn't she making a living with her acting skills?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh dear .......

CharetteCharetteover 1 year ago

Wow, nice woman, always a way to show his feelings: play with the emotions and feelings of the "beloved" and see what comes out. Why even talk in the first place?

That was just a game with a hand grenade that could have blown up her and her "beloved".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wimpy wimpy wimpy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5*

anon.1

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 1 year ago

Trust…but verify

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rigmarole. Using spell checker isn't really that hard, in fact it's quite simple. Try it some time. The story is silly at best, people married twenty years or more don't do shit like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. I would look her in the eye and calmly tell her that their acting was so good that it now makes me doubt that there has not and is not something going on. Maybe a ten year affair. I would also say that she was good but now be extra careful as the bonus money we made will now be spent on having them investigated and followed. I would end it as saying we will start splitting our finances as if we were divorced even though at this time we are not. It will make the inevitable that much easier should i learn that at any time in our marriage anything has occurred with another man.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

Most husbands would not believe the wife. If there are problems in a marriage getting someone else involved is never the answer. If the wife was looking for a way out of the marriage then this sounds like her way of doing it. Would I trust my wife and a womaniser like him? No I wouldn’t. This marriage in this story is on life support. Well written story that gets us thinking.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

The disrespect though? Why disrespect her husband and their marriage in such a public fashion? There must have been a better way to communicate her discontent with what was happening in their relationship of late? Surely if the shoe was on the other foot and he was romantically dancing with a beautiful woman in front of all his colleagues while ignoring her when she wanted to cut in!! Any sane woman would be spitting nails.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not bad. CWG writes very well.

.

It just didn’t have….something. Maybe because the core idea needed more story to set up better? I just didn’t empathize with the MC enough.

.

4 ****

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Jeez, for a guy who owns his own company, used to making decisions and taking control, why would this useless arsehole display a weak and pathetic attitude to his own wife publicly disrespecting him? An act? A joke? The only joke is him believing his cheating wife. That dickhead pussy hound will not have given up and she gave him all the ammunition he needed to continue his pursuit.

Then husband just meekly listens to his wife's contrived explanation. When the dickhead just refused to give up the wife while dancing, that would have been the end. A straight betrayal when the wife accepted her alpha boyfriend exerting his dominance. Talk about being pathetic!

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

An 'act' so disrespectful, so hurtful, call it a 'test' if you will- there's no excuse for it. Major problems in this marriage, and counseling might not fix it.

BrentJWBrentJWover 1 year ago

Well, I wouldn’t trust her anymore!

TnicollTnicollover 1 year ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. It was well constructed. Based on the author’s stated goal of writing a 750 word project story in the future I believe he has met his goal. 750 word stories are incredibly difficult, especially if you are trying to illustrate real human emotions. This one could have gone from 750 to 12,000!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a pretty low and cheap trick Hanna played. The type a wife looking to cheat on her husband might pull. Worse is Hanna's intentional embarrassment of her 'life partner' and 'significant other' by snubbing him on the dance floor. Just how many of her co-workers saw that little vignette play out, knowing how she claimed to have felt about Steve Ross. Now they see her acting totally different with him in a slow dance while she purposely ignores her husband who is trying to 'cut in'. James may have done well to have just whispered in Hanna's ear; "Sorry I intruded on your date, I will leave you two to finish your evening together." Then just turn around and leave and find a nice hotel for himself. Let her stew, let her provide the evidence that nothing was going on. Pretty hard to do, proving a negative. The ball was in James's court.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story nice and short, but makes you wonder?

terraknorterraknorover 1 year ago

Trust, but verify

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When someone pulls a shitty stunt like what Hanna did to James and doing it in public with her co-workers she's just asking for a divorce, because no way does she actually love or respect her husband any more if she's willing to do such a callous act like she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When someone pulls a shitty stunt like what Hanna did to James and doing it in public with her co-workers she's just asking for a divorce, because no way does she actually love or respect her husband any more if she's willing to do such a callous act like she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When someone pulls a shitty stunt like what Hanna did to James and doing it in public with her co-workers she's just asking for a divorce, because no way does she actually love or respect her husband any more if she's willing to do such a callous act like she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He didn't have to dump her, just kick he asshole in the balls. Then she could LOUDLY proclaim she was going home with her husband.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I loved it. James began the story with his having a feeling that he and Hanna seemed to be drifting apart. Obviously, Hanna felt it too. If this was the only way she could get James to recognize and address the problem, then even though it was cruel, it worked. Did Steve never hit on Hanna again? Who cares, as long as Hanna never gave into temptation. It was cruel but effective and in the end that's what counts. 5-stars.

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Perhaps he should leave her with Steve. His test will be if she fights the divorce. Some typos but not too bad.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"I walked into the event completely out of breathe." - You stole my line Anonymous! Gets the story off on the wrong foot.

\

"rigor amole?" - LOL, it's "rigmarole."

\

"Why would you say that?" - She can't be serious! It was bad enough that she ignored his first attempt to cut in, but then to stay on the dance floor after "this song's almost over, then she's all yours," was unforgivable.

\

Her line about it being a prank doesn't jibe with her staying with Steve for another dance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why would she be willing to make her bosses and coworkers think she is cheating on her husband? The only reason has to be that they already know. Steve needs to have an unfortunate accident and she to be on the streets.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She is a fucking liar. The fact that he bought her bullshit lie makes me think your MC is an idiot. Even if she is telling the truth, she is a game player and who knows what the next game will be. Trust was destroyed the minute she stayed on the dance floor with douchebag.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In real life her behavior would surely lead to a destroyed relationship and finally divorce. But it‘s only a story, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's been doing the old slag for years.

Rw43Rw43over 1 year ago

Gave you 5* for an original concept, excellent presentation and for a husband with the nerve and willingness to fight a strategic battle for his marriage.

<>

However, the proverb still remains true: "can a man (or woman) take fire into his bosom and not be burned?"

<>

This story can only be applauded on a website of unrealistic stories. These characters have a strange, illogical confluence of trust and hurt, passion and passiveness, and the idea that she would trust a trustworthy womanizer to strengthen her husband's commitment to her is, well, the stuff that makes dramatic unrealistic stories.

<>

But our story doesn't end there, does it? James still owns a company; Hanna still works with Steve and is more ambitious than ever; her doubts will return someday. What happens 5-7 years from now when Hanna's beauty fades and her ego starts to slip? This will domino into underperformance in the advertising business that thrives on beautiful women, and maybe into the bedroom, too. What "fire" will she use to re-spark her love life next time? Will the reliable misogynist still be able to simulate a public seduction when Hanna is a grandmother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, Steve hit on her. No doubt. At least to see if he should do the act again.. Just her saying that would piss me off. The MC should have said. "Maybe I ought to go along with the gag and go break a chair over his head."

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Great story, thank you! I seriously doubt her version, and I hope it goes better for James than I think it will. Gotta say, trying to induce jealousy to re-ignite a marriage is like... IDK, but it's crazy.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

As a former self employed business owner I understand the demands on his time. As a wife of 20 years SHE should understand the demands on his time. Yes, it’s unfortunate he couldn’t be there to see her win the award, but shit happens. The little “test” she did to see if he was still interested was dangerous. He was there on the dance floor asking to cut in and she ignored him. She’s lucky he tried again, some guys would not have reacted well to having some dickhead dismiss him with “the songs almost finished... “ Jim could have replied, “Fuck it, just keep her, I’m out of here.” and then left her there. In the end, he handled it well, but he has his work cut out for him. She will have to be willing to work on things WITH Jim by meeting him half way every day.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

As a former self employed business owner I understand the demands on his time. As a wife of 20 years SHE should understand the demands on his time. Yes, it’s unfortunate he couldn’t be there to see her win the award, but shit happens. The little “test” she did to see if he was still interested was dangerous. He was there on the dance floor asking to cut in and she ignored him. She’s lucky he tried again, some guys would not have reacted well to having some dickhead dismiss him with “the songs almost finished... “ Jim could have replied, “Fuck it, just keep her, I’m out of here.” and then left her there. In the end, he handled it well, but he has his work cut out for him. She will have to be willing to work on things WITH Jim by meeting him half way every day.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Intriguing piece within which you develop them characters. Provocative ending. Also love the lyrics to Eagles songs. You should give thought to working with “Busy Being Fabulous” — yeah, could easily go trivial BTB LW story or something rich in character and storyline. That or maybe “New Kid in Town”.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Hanna is pure BS. Her solution for a stale marriage was not to talk to her husband (of nearly 25yrs) but to publicly humiliate him into jealousy at her company party? And divulge personal marriage issues to the company water-cooler-horn-dog/predator (she could not stomach)? That dog does not hunt - my trust in her is 99% broken.

\

Does James and Hanna have some priority issues, hell YES. But her choice in methods to fix their marriage issues would have me leaving the party - by myself. Hanna sure has little respect or regard for James.

\

This story ended as I expected - thoughtlessly - with the author insure the typical male stereotype played out - satisfy James's little head and all is utopia - BS.

\

2.4**, hooyah, my low rating is for the story - the writing was 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure how many guys would have stuck around after the first cut in failed. I really think I'd have simply walked out and gone home or anywhere other than there.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

I read the story, and read the comments, my question would be how would she have felt if the rolls were reversed and she walked in and he wouldn't let go of the fine looking young woman he was dancing with, or he had just said fuck it and left? Petty games come with high prices.

A follow up where Steve Ross gets his dew is needed.

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

Well written, but not sure I wouldn't have left her there for pulling that stunt. Definitely beyond the pale

But as a I said well written

greenman440greenman440over 1 year ago

Well that's when you know your marriage is over, she's lost respect for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy shit, what a petty bitch. Fucking around with a known womanizer is the way to END a marriage, not fix it. Not to mention the penultimate and public disrespect to her husband.

I'm not completely certain if that would have ended my own marriage, but it would be seriously on the rocks, and icy as the Arctic circle for a looooong time if it didn't end.

Discussion was needed, not grotesque disrespect. Was Hanna that self-entitled all along, or did she become a stupid bitch just that night ? I'd have walked away after the first attempt to cut in -- I only fight for women who are actually WORTH fighting for. Hanna was no longer worth it, if indeed she was ever worth it at all.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 1 year ago

Divorce the stupid, manipulative, game-playing bitch. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You think our marriage is stale? It is about to be dead

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Playing with fire when trying to get some one jealous by pretending to cheat. Of course her exclamation could have just been a cover up...........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm waiting with bated breath for the 750 word thriller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Read this earlier, and gave it a 4. But something kept bugging me about it…..and it finally percolated to the frontal lobe….

.

Hanna took a HUGE risk with her stunt. James might have taken one long look at her snuggling with Asshole….and just walked right back out. At which point she would have either chased him down….or, figured he didn’t pass her idiotic test — at which point she might have just given up.

.

Communication Communication Communication. Not pulling a stunt.

.

Still 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Harryin VA

This may be the stupidest story I've read in the last 5 years -

You say that about every story you read

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Hanna’s plan was lousy. She didn’t even acknowledge his presence when he first approached.

She’s lucky he didn’t leave right then, to pack clothes and disappear for several days. Games like hers can have tragic consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ahhh fock off dude, she‘s a slut in the make, always was, it’s now the beginning of the end.

Start thinking about the exit, leave the cunt behind and make the best outa your future.

Mazerf Akar

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do have problems with Hanna's tactics. I can deal with scum bucket, but if she "finish the song" and then continued to dance with him, I would be gone. If it were I, she would have no marriage to return to.

There is a cost to the fine home, the fancy cars, and the nice clothes. He pays by working late; she pays with her understanding and support.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's a lot more to this story that needs to be fleshed out. You took the lazy way out. Revisit this and it would be a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

well, i'm a skeptic but i mostly believe her. however, her plan could have really backfired. what if he saw her, turned and left. explain that...

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

The story was a good one, but like others if I was him I would be pissed at what she did ,publicly like that. That is telegraphing to others what should be a private matter. As far as he goes, knowing that night was important to her, he should have scheduled the meeting so he could be there on the. Business meetings don't suddenly happen,so he could have scheduled it earlier.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Didn't like the way it was done, but she achieved the ending she wanted, which is good

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Five stars, and some. She tested him. It's fiction! The black/white absolutists can't simply read this story for what it is. In their literalist world, they probably think Nick Cage can actually jump 37-cars and rotate it a double-360 while lighting a Camel and sucking on a Red Bull. There's a moral to this story, and they can't see that. They're the hammer who sees everything around them as a nail. Fucklechucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

James is an idiot for believing her story. She already made him look like a cuckold in front of all of her coworkers. When James tried to cut in and was denied, he should have grabbed her left hand and removed her rings. Then drop his wedding band on the floor while walking out. The level of disrespect she showed deserves a very public reject in response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With acting as good as that, the devil horns would well and truly be out. Your story about a very lucky wife, most men would have turned and walked out. Read about it in the court orders a few months later.

Prince020402Prince020402over 1 year ago

Sounds more like the antics of 14 year olds at a middle school dance.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I don't think any rational man would accept his wife's exclamation and actions on the dance floor. Walk away and discuss divorce

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

She dissed her husband in front of all her workmates. What would she have done if he walked away from her? She's a bitch, and he should leave her. D

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

She took a big chance and apparently got away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A likely story. Now hire the PIs. Get checked for STDs. Rat her phone, GPS her car. Cameras.

if she is not having/planning an affair it would still take time to make up for the public flirtation, public disrespect. The loving looks - is she that good an actress? Trust would be badly damaged, maybe permanently. Childish, disrespectful, cruel and stupid move. As noted by others, many men would have been gone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A woman who plays these games is not worth having.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He made a mistake. When he cut in the first time and was rebuked, he should have insisted. If the wife didn’t stand up for him then, he should have left. Don’t ever play head games in a marriage.

BigK10BigK10over 1 year ago

I f I were ole hubby, I’d WANT to believe her story, but …

ecboyecboyover 1 year ago

Happy ending for once in loving wives. Thank you

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 1 year ago

Sorry, to much disrespect and hence not worth the time.

shvg65shvg65over 1 year ago

I would have sucker punched Steve then fought like I was the third monkey on the ramp of the ark and it was starting to rain. Win, lose or draw, I would have told Hanna in front of everyone that I was going home to pack my things and she could talk to my lawyer.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
I dunno

If it walks like a duck…

I would be at the very least suspicious. The situation required some serious communication, not a faux seduction to make hubby jealous. This is not a nice lady,

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

so he doesnt care about the disrespect owell to each their own

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Pussywhipped cuckold husband's tale

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I agree, that was a very dangerous game she played.

But I know it is only a story

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

He should’ve called BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Playing with fire... James should keep his eyes peeled, RADAR and SONAR activated.

Too many red flags to let go tbh.

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

Id be pissed at her for that jealousy stunt

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Start hiding assets and get ready to dump this cunt.

orion2bear2orion2bear212 months ago

Not buying it lame story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...