All Comments on 'Worth The Wait'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Skipped right over the divorce. I assume there was no further payback from the cuck. Dam shame he could not marry the Dr early enough for them to have kids. Despite the ending, there was too much sourness to this story.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - not venturing very far from an average BTB - it was just OK.

For me this story was easy to anticipate what was coming next, which is why it got a 3 rating.

Twists, turns and surprises make all stories interesting and memorable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@nixrox

This wasn't a BTB, the story skips the divorce and fallout completely.

He could have crushed Traci and Dennis but apparently he was too soft to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Did you miss a page where you tell us about the divorce and the aftermath?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

my personal opinion is that in real life I doubt that very many marriages are broken cuz cheaters go back to a hi scrool lover.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

I liked the story overall but Traci and Dennis got off light. This was not a BTB and the divorce was glossed over. Dennis was a smug bastard and Traci was a lying cheating whore for him. I sure hope Trick got tested for STDs but as a minimum tgey both should have lost tgeir jobs in PR

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

(Apologies for posting this comment anonymously.) This was a great story! Honestly, I often bail on slow-burn stories, but the above-average writing had me *hooked* (get it?!) after several paragraphs. While predictable, it was easy to suspend disbelief as the characters and situations were believable; and I enjoyed the minor details which added coloured nuance, especially to the protagonist. The story was very linear, but... I'm not sure that it could have been told any better in any other way. The author seems very competent in his writing, although an editor would have caught the "than/then" and filled in the two or three missing words from the narrative. I do not like the current trend of "caught my wife cheating and got my epic revenge" wish-fulfillment fantasy stories and am glad the author chose not to walk too far down that currently well-trodden path. A minor criticism would be that some descriptive details were repeated: once in the narrative, then again by another character in dialogue. This did not bother me too much and is easily forgivable given the high quality of the writing. I don't often rate stories, much less give five stars, but I feel this story earned it, especially compared to the quality of other recent stories of late. Looking forward to browsing your other contributions. An enjoyable read. Well done.

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

AUTHOR'S BEST YET

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok story ,but not enough payback on the cheaters.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars and DITTO to what everyone says below.

I know if you keep trying, you will get a 5 out of me eventually - BUT without some PAYBACK, that is just not going to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave you a 5 for this story due to excellent writing and flow of the story. But frankly there was far too little payback to Dennis and Traci. This was too real life with the end result for the cheaters. I read these stories for entertainment not real life endings. Yes I know this was not real life but the ending was too real life, not enough payback. In real life this ending would be good but as I said I read this for entertainment. It does not have to be BTB and Dennis knowing she was married, but still.........Glad Trick got Angela, that was good in the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A. 4.

It just kinda. Tapered off near the end.

Otherwise a great tale.

Bill S.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Unusual For Hooker

...to leave the action and plot even slightly disjointed. Most of his recent contributions are admirably well and tightly woven.

The excellent punctuation and grammar is one of his trademarks, leading to a very smooth, clear and easy read for his audience. I will note the misuse of the past tense word "laid" instead of "lay." This error is hugely (yugely?) common among Lit authors. Do an internet search on "lie vs lay" to understand.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Keep 'em comin'.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
I do not understand why

anyone would rate this less than a five

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

big whore!!! liar whore, whore liar!

I KNOW A THING OR TWO

ABOUT A THING OR TWO!!

YOU'LL REMEMBER ME!

ME AND CONCRETE ARE IN YOUR BLOOD!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

I really enjoy almost all of your stories. I wondered about the quirk of naming all the slut-wives Traci, thought it might be revenge, then some kind of very strange praise, and I've come to the conclusion that her name is like the masks in kabuki theater. You know from the mask who the bad guy is, upon sight!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

First two pages were really well done, but it slide into the predictable cliches no one can stay away from.

And for those who cry and tell me theyre called cliches for a reason...you need to understand that in the US there is a difference between cliche and stereotype. Until then sit back down.

IndianafuncoupleIndianafuncoupleabout 2 years ago

There are apparently a lot of Literotica readers who are also literary critics, way too willing to impose their own worldview on characters and plots created by someone else. Let me make a few points here. First, this is a short story, not a screenplay for a Hallmark movie. Hooked could have thrown in any number of plot twists, but he told an engaging story free of rabbit holes. Second, Hooked is not Danielle Steel, and I assume that none of the critics are either. Most of them are sooooo disappointed that Nick and Angela and the others don’t act the way they expected them to. To that I say, write your old damn story. Third, the perfect is the enemy of the good. Unless I missed the memo, nobody’s getting paid here. Why would anybody write anything here for this kind of rabid feedback? … I think this is the first time I have ever commented by username on a Literotica story. I read this story and was moved to tell the author what a marvelous piece he wrote. Instead, I am astonished at what an apparent piece of crap wat-too-many others it is. Well, Hooked1957, it ain’t no piece of crap. Thanks for an entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You lost me before the 2nd chapter ended.. not many readers give a dam about their sex lives or their school activity prior to the story line starting. 2 chapters dedicated to it is way too long and has nothing to do with the main story. Tell a tale,not bore us enough to go to another submission. Can't give a rating as I could not continue, only give you that advice. GET on with the story and eliminate a tedious introduction.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

The Angela story was nice, but overall was brought down by the predictable Traci nonsense. Hooked can be a great writer when venturing outside the tired tropes that are comedy at this point. When One Door Closes, Teacher Lover Friend, Just Supposed to be a Summer Job, Mikey's Mom are all classics. And then there's a lot of filler in between.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
A good story

Although Dennis should have been sued and his company also on moral causes.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 2 years ago
A very boring and depressing story

Sorry, but not worth the time or effort to read. You have written some great stories, some good stories and then some like this. This should have been a two page story, tops. Lots of useless filler crap that didn't need the attention it got and literally no secondary character development or their important plot lines. The breakup of the wife and main character was anticlimactic and was treated as a secondary and trivial event??? None of the characters were interesting or that likeable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

And then, another 6.8. Consistancy was once valued.

°Prom night for losers," I shot back. "Remember, some of us were too busy going to the movies to have time for prom."

...and $200 might be the tip.

Don't be in such a rush to publish. Tea must steep. Boiling too much makes it bitter.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

I think I have read all your stories because even though you fail to be consistent as this anonymous guy wrote, you are still worth reading. For my taste this is one of your best stories.

If you can find somebody to weed out some junk you write you could actually be a serious author and that is something 99% of types on LW cannot never be. Keep on.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

A great story. AAAAAA+++++

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

It seemed that your focus throughout was on the ending. There should have been more drama in the middle, not just word wasting filler. Adding miscellaneous information does not creat drama or even enlightenment on the characters in the story. Too much talk, too little action.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

ahhhh! More a romantic love story than an LW one as the bitch didn't get burned and the paramour only got a cracked rib. Good and good style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sucked!!! Instead of hearing about the titillating conseqences of a long mariage ending, I get to read about an obviously boring romance that gave little to no satisfaction to the story.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
As

As he had moved to a new apartment,how did the police know where to find him.Also why was he released?.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

You saved the best for last, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
again

two half-done, half-assed stories (badly) put together. this author basically writes the same thing every time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Shows you poorly Hooked understands about heart surgeons. Michael Debaky ,world famous heart surgeon, last bypass surgery was when he did two back to back at age 96. Denton Cooley, his great rival’s last surgery was at 93. Age 60 won’t work in this story. R. H.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

The range of comments left here runs the gamut. I give it good marks even without the slash and burn of the cheating wife and lover. They just kind of faded into the fog. It was amusing that Trick enlisted the help of Angela's parents to help with his plan to wed their daughter. Guess that's the Italian coming out. I was sorry that the bitch was still with Dennis because once a cheater always a cheater, or so I've been told. Oh well, still good reading.

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

What a truly awful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cheating bitch still with Dennis - so they got what they wanted, each other!!

secretsalsecretsal12 months ago

Jumps from Traci's story back to Angela's too abruptly. There's not even a line break or anything there. But that's the problem with Traci - as soon as she's introduced, you know her role, and you're just waiting for it to play out. Even so, could have made the segue smoother.

inka2222inka222212 months ago

On one hand, it's a good thing he didn't mope and married someone who presumably made him at least somewhat happy. So at least it's not a dumb RAAC.

On the other hand, I can't give this more than 3 stars.

- The cheating hoe got absolutely zero downside whatsoever

- The kids didn't bother supporting him (at least they didn't clearly take her side like in most LW stories... low bar to clear here)

- He got married to emotionless person who clearly didn't value him more than her career. Which doesn't say anything intrinsically bad about HER, but says bad things about their relationship and his chances for real happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5* story but would have preferred more about the ending of the first wife's relationship with MC. Did sh love MC, had she cheated before, what happened to cause the affair with boss, etc. To me the cheating wife is always a key aspect of a LW story.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Mostly good story, but it's missing the immediate aftermath of the divorce. What happened when he was bailed out of jail by the reporter? Was their maybe an article that negatively impacted Traci, Dennis and their jobs? What was the kid's reaction? What did her parents think? You skipped over any real payback on the cheaters! Disappointing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No respect for Trick when he has all the proof he needs to divorce his wife, allows the charade to carry on to the point he has to have a vengance fuck and, then waits until she does it again before he finally divorces her... just a pitiable cuck in my book... he should have had the papers delivered to her the moment he had his evidence.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed the story until he hooked up DR.TALIRICO. Since that’s all she is I thought I’d capitalize it in honor of her. Stopped reading after that. The Dr showed him who would always be first in HER life. Waste of paper after that. LM

MarkT63MarkT639 months ago

Great love story...

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

Very good story!!!! Well done!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Very good, uplifting story. Disregard some of the Anon. posters that wanted the usual BTB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The part between the two young lover and reconnecting was great. The part with a standard cheating "Traci" after 22 years was boring (and implausible). Sorry but married women in their late 40s do not have long affairs with some guy they used to date in high school. Bah humbug. And besides what is up with the husband and the get a bunch of information and sit on it strategy. Huh?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story. Really enjoyed it. From reading some of the other comments it's a pity they didn't get from it what I did. Their loss BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fairy tale happy ending.

Grandchildren have legacy inheritances.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent, excellent, excellent story.

gprevgprev6 months ago

And Traci went on her merry way?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Being cordial to Traci and especially Dennis afterwards seems hard to accept.

I very much enjoyed his ending back up.with Angela again. The Traci character as usual is just a plot device to move the MC along.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An enjoyable read, Well Done

Parkway69Parkway694 months ago

Loved the story. Well done.

NicealloverNiceallover4 months ago

Exceptional story and a very good plot. The return to Angela is a very satisfying ending. However, I would love to give some more depth to Traci.. It’s time get into her head and see what motivates her. I would have given her buyers remorse for the stunt she pulled. She didn’t get enough heartache for her betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I thought it was a well balanced story, although the Traci character was a bit weak. Too bad it took so long for Nick and Ang to get together. Going to the future in-laws first was a master plot stroke . Well written. Five stars from me.

JPB

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Traciis a bit underdeveloped and Dennis needed something worse... Ang and Trick needed more time together, starting earlier. Great story and storyline. Thank you.

mcitylinemcityline2 months ago

This was a great story with just enough sex in it. Others sometimes write stories that are so detailed that I get confused about what the different limb positions are. You wrote enough details that I smiled. It was more than "and then I fucked her".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He waited too long to confront his first wife.

Just_WordsJust_Words14 days ago

I liked it a lot. The characters were interesting and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous