All Comments on 'Worth The Wait'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Very nice story, Mr. 1957. Cool romance with his first love. Write another, please. Randi.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 3 years ago
No Rodomontande Flourishes of Description, Story Mostly Sticks to Formula

Not bad. Not great. Things stayed credible and author imbued the main character with enough depth to be interesting, if not compelling. I thought of the long inactive author Jidoka who at his best could imbue the pain of betrayal to reader in a way this story never did.

Overall I liked the flow of the tale, there were superfluous scenes but the author never lingered too long to point of doldrums. It was a good read that could have used some polish to go next level.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

eh, whats the point of these stories if not to enjoy the whore getting bitch slapped by karma?

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

It was an engaging story and I'm glad he got a happy ending with Angela.

Traci and her douchebag lover got off a bit lightly though didn't they? There were basically no consequences for her after betraying a 24 year marriage.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Good story

I really liked it and the title gave the ending away but so much went on in between that I kept wondering if it was really going to happen. Good job as always. FIVE*****

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Good story, enjoyed immensely.

Scores 5 /5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great!

I really enjoyed the story. I'd personally love to read about their retirement years but definitely a good story where it ended

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

That's a great romance, 5* of course. A great start to Wednesday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lovely Hooked.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago
Great tale by a master

Captain Hooked does it again. Very engaging and a great way to start the day. Nice job, my friend.

KayaknhKayaknhover 3 years ago
Liked it.

But I wish for a little more pain for the wife and Dennis. Not physically but emotional, financial, etc. But that's just me. This is a good story as is.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
Great story

Loved it. Better late than never. Happy endings for all.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

This was an ambitious story that left many holes in the build up. The wife's affair provided a confusing and unnecessary segue to the real drama that was tepid.

Thanks for the read and I will continue to enjoy your efforts.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

A seventh? I think he did and it was very tactile.

Nice. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'd mess with Dennis's head

Every chance I got I would suggest she is cheating. Put that doubt into his head. I would have friends call and leave messages and send emails saying she is their lover etc. Make the once a cheater always a cheater thing mess with him.

Glad trick got to be happy but Angela doesn't sound like a very fun person.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 3 years ago

Great read for the morning break! Full marks.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Gave you a 5 for a well written story. I just wish the cheaters could have had a little more penalty inflicted. Maybe some very bad publicity costing his company a bundle.

gamblnluck

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
nice but

Well written, but the cheaters got off far far far far to easily.

Betraying your husband and your children deserves some misery.

Add at least some consequence to the story.

The fact the wife never mentioned she knew the guy sort of means she did settle for him and probably started cheating right away.

What did her family say, do?

Did the cheaters pay for any of it at all?

Sounds like they were rewarded.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Average Story

Just kind of plugged along. And really let Traci and Dennis off the hook way too easily. He could have taken his PI report and destroyed them which is what needed to happen.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Good but lacked revenge on the CHEATERS. Like others here recommended, plant the infidelity seed in Dennis's head - "if she cheated on me (her husband) how do you know she is not cheating on you?"

/

Notice the like theme here too? Both went back to their first's, one did it wrong and the other did it right.... Skillful plot writing!

/

As far as the Dr., he knew how driven she was and had to be to be the best. Only time/maturity and loneliness tempered her focus/passion allowing a trusted understanding husband to guide her to a mutually fulfilling marriage.

/

Solid 5*; Hooyah, salute!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
Traci will end up alone

Dennis will get bored with married life and find a younger replacement. There was a reason he never married before and it wasn't because he was pining away for Traci.

BriteaseBriteaseover 3 years ago
Tres bien

Nzuri sana

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
would

have been a lot better with an editor. u seemed to have phoned in trick's frist marriage i didn't feel like there was any love loss there. the ending was somewhat flat but at least it had one more emotion with the first marriages from both would have made this story way better

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
KNOWLEDGE IS DANGEROUS

memories are 'worser'. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There were no evil people here...

Sometimes life is complicated. Was she wrong to cheat? Yes, but she tried to keep it on the down low. David was an ass, now since they were having sex in the building, I would have fired him. Particularly since he had to have known it was possibly recorded. That is out of bounds, so David was an asshole. Trick should have handled it differently in my opinion. I have seen it all in 35 years of marriage counseling. There are never any winners. Especially the kids, whether they are adults or not, it is always painful and causes damage.

It would have been nice to at least have had Angela's ex make an appearance. Show that there were no issues between them. Later career is different than early/mid career especially for women. No relationship can survive a vacuum.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Here, let me get my tablet and show you the video." - Is she an idiot? Has she seen the video yet? She MUST know what it looks like.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's not a sin to fall for somebody else, whether it's somebody new or an old flame. But you either shut it down, or give your spouse a fair divorce, you don't cheat.

A four-year time jump between telling Traci they're through and meeting Angelica in New York with no indication?

It took Angela four years after his divorce to track him down?

Not a BTB, but I would have liked more consequences for the love birds.

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Great story

Like it when things work out for the better. MAINE I MISS YOUR STORIES, PLEASE WRITE AGAIN. 5 and thank you.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Great story

Nothing bad to say about the story. I thought maybe a bigger rip out of his cheating wife, but there is not enough street in Trick.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
its funny how after 25 plus years the woman was her ex

I just watch a friend in the military go through this. Their divorced now and she wants to come back. He has a very nice GF, that does more for him than his ex ever did. So she's trying to use the kids. By they ignore her because they like the GF.

green117green117over 3 years ago
Rather nice story -

I do like Geeks in Love story lines.

I think what I and other caught: "She looked at me with pity in her eyes. I knew we were done. And I knew that one cracked rib for asshole wasn't enough." and then to 4 years later violated that gun thing... and suggested a largish edit to remove the revenge. If so, I agree - any revenge would make it too much about Traci and Dennis and less about Trick and Angela. Perhaps a bit more spackle to smooth the transition would help.

Sort of a High School romance, it is.

Green-something

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Very good LW/Romance hybrid. Well done.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Excellent story...ignore sbrooks

Very entertaining and warm read thank you. Yes the cheaters got away lightly but we're all adults and they had kids! I say ignore sbrooks because he's getting really quite unnecessary with criticisms of anyone who writes a better story than him...he's not bad mind, just not this good.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

2* Another stereotypical LW story of wimpy obtuse husband too wimpy to burn the cheaters. He had a mass of photos and video, but he didn't use it. A lot of words wasted on his younger days as wimpy nerd. Author shouldn't write again until he finds his balls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Turns out OK in the end..

Always wonder why wife of 20+ years decides to fall back in love with the first/old boyfriend. This device is used way to often in LW, although it works more or less in this story.

The story itself is good, with enough character development and pacing so you get a sense of how the relationship evolves over time.

Trick does OK in the end, although marriage to people whose whole life revolves around their job has a different set of challenges.

All, in all a very good effort.

Thanks.

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 3 years ago
Maybe this should have been

I think that this story is better classified as a Romance instead. I still really enjoyed the story.

Thank you

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Well Done. Nice to see a story which flows so well from teen years to senior years. While he started as a linguist he changed to a business man. Interesting concept.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

A decent story and the least it's realistic like some of the other recent crap which is shown up here in the LW category

ManoBlueManoBlueover 3 years ago

For an awfully smart guy, Trick, you are one dumbass

I hate when Men say bs like this! This is shallow outside perspective of the nothing.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

Great story. The only problem was that with the name of the story, we knew the conclusion.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago
good story

I realize that this story was mainly about Trick and subsequently Angela, but after the altercation with Dennis, his wife of 24 years basically evaporated from the story. I felt for all time invested in building up their marriage in this story, you could have spent a pinch more time going through its demise. ;0) thanks for your efforts.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
WOW An amazing story

No criticism from me. This was a great but fairly simple plot with amazing characters

I don’t know what else to say. This is story you don’t want to miss. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed the main characters. But I would have liked some more details about the divorce and the aftermath. Why wouldn't he go looking for Angela immediately after his divorce? And were the kids really his biological children? That point wasn't clear to me. Nicely played.

4 stars

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
Worth the Wait...

... for another story from Hooked1957. Well done! Well-developed characters, good plotting, a pleasure to read. Nice hook at the beginning, too. Only one question: how in the world do you pronounce "Trczynknarvski?" I'm guessing "chin-KAR-skee" -- close? Congrats on a fine story!

GA

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago
great story

thanks for the great read. liked the plot, awesome writing.

a bit disappointed with Traci, I guess the result was more realistic but it just wasn't satisfying, needed a burn small or big. Was hoping that Traci had less than what she had like a dead bedroom because the excitement is gone, cut off from her kids/grand kids, more frugal lifestyle since Trick was the bread earner or singlehood because Dennis cheated or dumped her

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Great story as usual. I enjoyed reading Truck's story and eventual happiness with Angela. Like a few others, I would like to to see a little more ripping on the cheaters. The wife got off to easily, but your story wasn't going there this time and that's ok. What a good day for real stories in LW.

012Say012Sayover 3 years ago
So close

This story is close to a great one. It is abrupt or just missing a couple things. What does Traci want? The door to the marriage just slams, I wanted more. Also, the replacement romance just starts, it could be more clear - what motivates them? All in all, top quality, but so close to great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Complex and disturbing, and not quite satisfying.

So I guess it was well conceived and written?

The first wife not telling him about working for her old boy friend, but her parents knew, indicates she anticipated the adultery from the very beginning. Their children should have shunned the asshole who tempted their mother to ruin their family. Have to say it is always unbelievable or suspicious when one spouse has totally abandoned the marriage and the other spouse claims they had no clue. Turns out in retrospect he did have a clue. Marriages that shallow and distant are hardly marriages, so in the end he didn't lose much. And he and Angela could easily be married for the next 30 years, and hopefully much more intimately and honestly.

It was a good story, well written and executed. Thanks for the effort.

management91399management91399over 3 years ago

Enjoyable story, out of the four people only two were honest, the others were liars, funny how the father in Law tipped him off. Would it have killed his Ex to have achat with him and say I', having second thoughts and would like the second half of my life now that the kids are raised to be with Dennis? It would have hurt but Dennis would have missed getting his ribs broken and our poor hero wouldn't have been backed into a corner. I'd love a second part about the wife but I think I just get drunk on the debris of the breakups and here you focused on our characters moving on while I guess I like to slow down and have a look at the accident. Sorry! Flaw on my part.

All that being said how awesome to have a story about Commack in the 1970s! Why didn't they go to the long island Arena? Was the movie theater the one on off the Expressway, the multiplex? Saw the Goonies there! That was great fun and very enjoyable. Set about 3 years before my time but I'm sure it was the same Commack in 1977. Place is unrecognizable now right? You should have had them have sex in the Commack Motor Inn and go for White Castles next door afterwards! :-)

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Another good story!

5

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseover 3 years ago
Unless I missed something or your characters were in college a LONG long time

You had Starbucks in the late 70's, cell phones and internet in the 80's, and tablets in the 90's. Why bother setting the beginning in 1974 when the timeline didn't matter for the rest?

danbo56danbo56over 3 years ago
great story

hooked are now going to do Traci story and i hope it ends badly for her and Dennis please there is another good story here another couple of chapters i think she got off way to lightly but great story worth more than 5 stars

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I agree with danbo56. The ex got off way too lightly. I would like to have her married then realise it was all a teenage fantasy and not real. After 6 months their marriage is toast when her new husband is found cheating with his secretary. She realises what an idiot she was but it is too late. She is also left with nothing when her new ex husband abscond with everything. If she had been honest before cheating Trick might have taken pity and helped her out but the kids want nothing to do with her.

danbo56danbo56over 3 years ago
Tootight 1

i think this is where Traci's story could be interesting if Hooked or someone else writes a sequel or alternate ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
EXCELLENT

Should make another chapter, have Traci or her asshole need open heart surgery, with Angela being the doctor/ surgeon... Though Angela's a professional, I'll bet somebody would shit bricks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyable read

but not satisfying. Dennis NEEDS more pain. Trick deserves retribution. Traci needs to realize that she made a huge mistake. Sequel please!

BTW: why is the bitch always named Traci?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First love dominates this story

Married 24 yrs to traci , to a great husband And provider. So why cheat with a childhood flame. Also why give up a life for a career as as a heart surgeon. Doctors marry and have families too. This is the way you wrote it. You left the grown kids out and their feelings on Tracis cheating and divorce. It was oblivious from the beginning you had set this story up for him to hook up with Angela at some point . Angela had to be goaded into marriage. Just weird . She had not bad experiences with men to justify her reluctance at a union with a loving male.

pumpop201pumpop201over 3 years ago
Borelli's really?

I enjoyed your story a lot more than I enjoy that restaurant. Story 5 stars. Borelli's 3 stars.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

5* (but I really should have knocked off a point for the misleading description of the LIE, which often has that great notice posted

"TRAFFIC CONDITIONS NORMAL AHEAD

EXPECT DELAYS")

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Wow Hooked-

When you write a love story, you put them all to shame! Had tears in my eyes, Great story!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Good life story

Love, loss, pain, and new love. A really great story. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

JohnChildJohnChildover 3 years ago
Good to get on with life.

You are a very cunning Linguist or something like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Starbucks?

I'm pretty sure the time and eras got screwed up. The protagonist was dating and at the prom in the 70's but got the job offer in the future of coffee (1990's). There seems to be a jump in era throughout the story. Little things from the present seem to be offered in a past that didn't include them. I'm surprised it wasn't proposed that they had cell phones and internet in the 70's. We all know that didn't come about until they both were invented by that Vice president genius to Bill Clinton (the guy who developed global warming and carbon dioxide). Too bad his wife had to put the stickers on the albums to make them safe for us to listen to.

Smokepole

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
Good Story 5*

I gave you full stars for the story but, I was waiting for you to have Trick follow up after you wrote;

"Just couldn't keep your legs closed, could you?"

Emotions ranging from rage to bewilderment were racing through my brain. She will never know how close I came to punching her in the face right then.

She looked at me with pity in her eyes. I knew we were done. And I knew that one cracked rib for asshole wasn't enough.

"I'll take care of the filing. Get yourself a lawyer and we can at least act like adults," I said. "Also, make sure that fuckhead doesn't cross my path. I won't be as nice next time."

But you dropped any mention of any further action on Trick's part against either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
predictable

but, just a really good story

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 3 years ago
NO REVENGE BONER THO

Sexcellent, but the kids seemed to be an afterthought. They should despise the other man who destroyed their family.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Solid story

Solid storyline plot could have been a little better with some revenge on the cheaters. Overall well worth reading. I enjoyed it enough and definitely gave it 5 stars. I have read several other stories by this author always quality writing.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A LITTLE DISAPPOINTING.......................

No real retribution for the cheating slut and her boyfriend. Broken ribs just doesn't seem to be sufficient. Publicity put out all the PI reports on their affair to destroy his public relations companies integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story just as it is. 5/5

sbrooks says" Not a BTB, but I would have liked more consequences for the love birds."

It's always about what what you want, like, wish, hope, etc. etc. The story wasn't written for you.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

Good story.

Interesting that Nuestro Heroe (Our Hero) Hubby’s grandkids have a bigger role (without being named) than his kids (their parents) who are named. Granted that none of them serve as anything but placeholders in this story. Perhaps in a spinoff fill-in ... unlikely to happen within this category ... unless Sweetie2 (Traci) has discovered the thrills and chills of getting away with Strange Sex. Sorry, Dennis!

Retribution, to me, seems adequate. Dennis and Traci were an established item long before Hubby ran over her in her Dad’s office. Hitting on a happily married woman is inappropriate in all cases. But - Dennis did not try to seduce a new find and destroy her marriage. We-The-Readers do not know for sure which of the high-school sweethearts had the first notion to renew their romance, but WTR have a hint in that Sweetie2 did NOT confide to Hubby her history with Dennis. Stupid error, a decision that has NO upside regardless of ANY future events and poor-to-terrible downsides in several scenarios! Only neutral outcome would be if Hubby never were to learn that ... and there were a number of ways that could happen, most likely her HS yearbook.

In further support of my ‘adequate retribution’ opinion (like noses, everyone has one - and they may all be right) Dennis married Sweetie2 and they did not divorce during the decades-long time-frame of this story. Sweetie2 had never stopped loving Dennis, nor fallen totally in love with Nuestro Heroe. Which is why the ‘fill-in story’ mentioned above is unlikely to be written.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Whenever I see a woman named Traci in a LW story I just know what comes next. 4 stars instead of 5 because you're telegraphing HARD these days!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Where

Where was the divorce settlement and why didn't he petition on grounds of adultery and also sue Denis.?

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago

Good one! Enjoyed it!!

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Nice feel good tale

A hero with dignity, never looked back, and upgraded. Refreshing!

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Re: anon 8-23-20-

I'll score 5 instead of four... You decide why.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

All Trick would have needed to do is post online the video taken of the cheaters by the security at the guy's office...

Negatively impact Dennis' career and maybe upset his ex when she realizes Dennis filmed her without telling her...

Plus, she might not love being on a porn site...

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Disagree

Disagree with the ending.He should have burnt the bitch and ruined Dennis,other wise they get off lightly.Also why would he then marry some one who puts their job first?.

jrphdojrphdoover 3 years ago

good story but Dennis got off way too easy!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Good story. It also looks like it was "worth the wait" for Traci and Dennis since their marriage was still going. Too bad you didn't burn them - they both deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really liked it but the buildup to the divorce created a sense of conflict that was glossed over in my opinion. I don't particularly care about revenge or "pain" as so many people seem to obsess over but I left with a lot of questions. The ending romance was sweet though.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

You live to 85 or 90. What will you do to occupy your time if you retire at 60? 65 or 68, and you still have time to do everything.

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
What's up with Traci?

I wanted to like this story. So much potential. But just so many questions with too few answers.

-- She said she'd gotten close to Dennis over the years. Umm, YEARS? How did that happen? And when? Hello, red flag. The story is a little fuzzy on the timeframe, but the months she's been with the new job with Dennis should only total a year or less based on his thought about her no longer initiating. How long has his betrayal been percolating in her mind?

-- Financial services firm moving from upstate NY to DC area seems really unusual. And Dennis doesn't appear to have ever married by his late 40s. Despite still being an attractive enough man to steal Traci. Also really odd. So -- was the move to DC coordinated with Traci? Was she the real reason for the move? I.e. did he move there with both of them planning for her to work for him and start the affair? I'd damn sure want to know. He has to keep being around her (and Dennis?) for the rest of their lives at all kind of family events. If she totally planned how she was going to shit on him, it would matter. Is that why she didn't mention that she knew Dennis to her husband? But did to her parents?

Bottom line -- lots of ugly red flags. Really bright red flags. And smoke. I can't imagine very many betrayed men not wanting to find out just how bad her betrayal was. Some commenter said "no evil people in this story." I'm not so sure. Doesn't seem like her falling for old flame was unplanned. Seems likely there was some planning here. And if it was planned, that's some serious ugly bordering on evil.

-- The story following the confrontation at the house was just strange. He called the newspaper from jail? Why? And how does that get him released?

-- He's staying in a seedy motel, but the cops show up at his apartment? And then his wife shows up at this apartment just hours after the confrontation at Dennis' house? Couple of big oopsies there.

-- Traci never says a word at the confrontation at Dennis' house? Not believable. Not any woman I know. C'mon, not even an "it's not what it looks like".?

-- Within hours of knowing she's busted she goes to his apartment demanding to talk. He agrees. Biggest understatement in years. But they don't talk. Why would she go to talk unless she's totally desperate to salvage the marriage. I could buy that she might think she needs to immediately speak with him, if she wanted to stay married and somehow thought she could throw enough bullshit at him to convince him she loves only him. But that doesn't happen at all. She says less than nothing. All she says is in response to his asking why -- "I'm not really sure. I still love you, Trick, I really do. It's just that Dennis and I had a history and..." That's it?! What the heck is the point of demanding to talk and then say nothing?

He then asks questions that any normal woman would simply have to respond to. Sure she would likely lie, but why else insist on talking? Apparently, she just went there to look at him with pity in her eyes?! WTF?!

Anyway, of all the possible conversations one might imagine between spouses in that type of volatile situation, the conversation we get in the story has to rank near the bottom of the plausibility scale. Just not satisfying to the reader. Just not consistent with any real life people that I know.

So our hero who said he wanted answers gets no answers, we get no answers, his kids get no answers, and whatever happens in all the rest of the family events for the rest of their lives (graduations, weddings, births, holidays) is not in the least bit interesting enough to include in the story. Maddening. So much potential. Really wanted to like it. Frustrating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Revenge?

I was disappointed because there was nothing mentioned about the Divorce for Adultery, his kids reactions to their mother cheating on their father. Why didn't he sue Dennis? After all, the boss was screwing an employee and on company time at least a time or two.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the ending. I do believe that Dennis and Tracy should have had some kind of revenge against them because there's no way that they should have been able to get away with being together longer than the short. Of time they're actually working together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Love the Long Island backdrop.

Strong Island

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 3 years ago

Hooked, dude, you have to quit naming characters in your stories Tracy. The minute I saw her name in the first page of the story I knew she was going to be the bitch!

I don’t know who this woman Tracy was gotten so fucked up in your life and I hope I never meet her!

But I really like your stories. Please, try to keep them coming, and get a book on girls names! :-)

Best regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hell, you've written so many...

Stories, that changing Traci (Tracie, Trace) to another name would seem like you got lost in thought. As I stated in a remark to another story, you must had a Traci that pissed you off big time in the real world. In the end, I think this is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When he kicked the shit out of Dennis, he should have given Traci, his whore, a taste of infidelity medicine. She's a piece of shit and should have paid dearly...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Too long and too convoluted

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

Neither the Bitch nor the Bastard were sufficiently burned, but I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dennis of course ended up doing him a favor. He should have made that very clear to his ex and her asshole. He also should have had the asshole marked in some way so that every day of his life he would be reminded that he will always wear the mark of payback.

Thanks for the effort.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Great story well paced and great creativity made it unique.

Only issue i had was the conversation after the confrontation didn’t fill out enough. He didn’t get any answers to his why and she never gave any explanation for where she thought it would end up. Did she think she could fick them both forever?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, here we have a story of a married couple who both had always been in love with someone else. He's a good guy and she's a bad guy. Timing is everything but she did him a favor it seems.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Of course she cheated, she's"Traci". Agree with the others that a bit more could have been done with the Nick, Traci, Dennis situation. I get that this was supposed to be more the story of Nick and Angie, but Nick and Traci was a huge part of Nick's life and glossing over the ending of that relationship didn't sit well with me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A lot to love in this tale. Great characters. Smart & interesting. And a smart telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read quite a few of Hooked1957 stories now and once you've read a few the storyline becomes quite repetitive. The author is a good writer but needs some new storylines and really needs to stop calling the cheating wife Traci that has really got old.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Wonderful writing with one major flaw. The cheating is poorly motivated, just saying it reverted to first long lost love is not enough. For Christ sake "Traci" is 46, has a husband of 24 years which is more than half of her life, how can a teenage love beat that? You made this "Traci" character a deceitful bitch that is sitting on two chairs without any problem so that husband could not notice anything before somebody else ratted it out. That begs motivation. Unmotivated cheating is a line in sand between good and bad writers in LW. Since you made the rest of the story so nice you really needed to explain "Traci" and "Denis". You can just shove major cheating characters in your story as some sort of peripheral sideshow not worth explaining.

I have to read more of your stories, I hope they are as good or better as this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I find that Hooked1957 writes well written stories. I may not like some of them but most are enjoyable. I have managed to read all his stories and think that he is one of the best. Great work Hooked1957.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dennis should have met an unknown mugger!

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Needed more detail on the divorce. The wife was a see you next tuesday

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous