All Comments on 'Would You, Have You?'

by smokeandmirror

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

In my opinion how he handled it wasn't the best. She needs some very serious therapy, and remarrying that quickly isn't realistic. They might get back together, but it would take a lot of time and effort - not sure if it would be worth it. I'd also insist on a prenuptial that included a heavy penalty for cheating.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

3⭐

I like your story, which completely corresponds to the ideas that I share.

infidelity leads to divorce.

Then they rebuild their lives, together or separately.

the problem, is, i am not walking in your way of solving this trust issue.

You have completely turned the situation around. It is he who no longer has confidence in her and not the opposite because he has never broken his word.

Just because someone trusts you doesn't mean it can be reciprocated.

I found your reconciliation tactic a little too flawed and disappointing.

Bh76Bh76about 3 years ago

I’m as big a RAAC guy as they come, but the way you wrote her? No way. Trying to box him him with pregnancy? Completely untrustworthy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

All your stories end with relatively easy reconciliation that gloss over just how difficult it is to achieve. True reconciliation can involve up to four years of serious struggle, and not every couple makes it. You always end the story as the couples are just beginning the process.

Readers may find it easier accept these endings because your betrayed husbands don’t display the truly gut-wrenching emotions most of us have experienced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The MC's actions are not true to life and, in fact, seem completely implausible. He learns his adulterous ex wife is attempting to trap him with a pregnancy yet has unprotected sex with her later that same day? The author insults his readers by portraying this type of inexplicable stupidity.

There is no justification for a reconciliation here and a near certainty of Kari continuing to cheat. The idea this couple lives happily ever after is one more plot element the author borrows, or perhaps pilfers, from the Theater of the Absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I will let you know in 8 years

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Fairly good start with an interesting plot device.

You need to work on the middle of your stories and the ending though.

offkilter123offkilter123about 3 years ago

So she goes from being a serial cheater to a faithful wife because of a couple of “pretend” dates to show her the error of her ways? Do you really think that would fix a series cheater? Dude, I’m telling you visit infidelity websites so you can see how people actually think. You are a decent writer but your characters are completely unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another story about a weak willed, pussy of a man who thinks with his dick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

why would he take that cheating slut back. she breaks a VOW why would a promise from her mean anything

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Guy marries a slut and proves he is a simp by taking her back after the divorce.

Idiots

1 star

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963about 3 years ago

Liked the story, but somehow I don't think I would have taken her back after the divorce. Seems very naïve.

Once bitten twice shy, as they say - and it's true.

4****.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Never in a million years would I have done what he did, but the story you presented was well written. There was solid character development and the plot is probably being acted on in real life everyday around us. 4*

ThorlolThorlolabout 3 years ago

Alright, I like reconciliation stories as much as other types. But what was this? It completly missed the point in my opinion. Tommy still loved her to some degree, wich is normal but in my opinion its more like residual affection.

Tommys problem was that he couldnt trust her. Why couldnt he? Because she cheated on him several times and also lied quite alot either directly or by omission. Like not mentioning her issues with commitment or lying about how it was the first time she cheated when he asked her. Something like that will shatter trust to the ground.

Now to the core of the story. Tommy wanted her to realize that trust is a must and so he tested her. But what was the point of the test if its all about her trusting him? The whole thing was not a test of her trustworthiness. I cant the whole thing changed in her. She knew beforehand that cheating would destroy her marriage. She knew that if she had told him about her commitment issues that he wouldnt marry her. She was concious about all of it but did it anyway. Why should it be different now? What would stop her from cheating now? Because she now knows how important trust is to Tommy? Was it less important before? There was no point in all of this.

Lets not forget the thing about getting pregnant by him so he had to stay with her. How in the hell did that help Tommy to trust her more. The story wanted to make a point but completly missed.

By the way, there is one inconsistency. After he talked with Jess on the phone he stated that she was one of his true friends, because he didnt hear from anyone else in the old group. Thats a weird statement because it was him who called her and not the other way around.

You really need some beta readers to point such things out. I will still give it a 3 for effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cuck

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

She betrayed him full time, with heaps of other men, and lied thru her teeth about it.

Who in their right mind would take the slut back?

Really, come on, who???

Here in Australia, no one I know, that’s for sure.

2/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

There are so many stories where a wife has a one night stand and the husband does take her back. Here we have a woman that hid her past and even present desires of how she can not commit to a relationship and entered a marriage knowing she would most likely fail. She cheated for what appeared to be a 2 year period. No real mention of the number of times but that last waiter was not the one and only. She tries to get him to impregnate her in the hopes that will have him take her back. So she is a cheater and devious. No word of how many guys she was doing during the separation and then the divorce. I cannot imagine she was not having sex even though she missed her ex. And how can he have sex with her without a condom just out of fear of STD?

I know it is your story but the RAAC was far to easy and simple. I have no issue with them being friends with benefits (Safe sex only!) but I don't see how she can change if for all of her adult life this is her behavior.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Not enough to reconcile. Not enough to trust her again. He tested her trust of him but didn't prove she could be trusted.

Rw43Rw43about 3 years ago

I 5*ed you, but that doesn't mean I don't have issues with the story.

How exactly did she "pass the test" of learning to trust him? What would failure have looked like? And I get that the test was supposed to demonstrate trust in a relationship, but at what point did he reverse the concept so that SHE could earn his trust? Isn't that the trust that was lacking?

And frankly, trust is still an issue, since she got pregnant within 3 months of their remarriage. She 'locked you down' better by making you a daddy than by letting you publicly re-give her your pledge, ring and name.

Is it awesome to be craved by a hot young otherwise healthy woman? I'm sure it is. I just hope she is able to work on her trust issues without weakening her trustworthiness issues.

Reconciliation can be awesome, but fooling me twice can have devastating consequences.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 3 years ago
Odd

Tom’s trust “test” of Kari was really just showing her trust is important. It did nothing to see if he could trust her. Given her history before and after they married I would say she still can’t be trusted. She just wants what she wants and will do most anything to get it, including the pregnancy trap. By the way, I read too often on Lit. how the penis withdraw method is birth control. Precum can contain sperm, authors should stop that fallacy.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

An adulterous slut who rarely gives head? WTF? How do you have a sexual relationship without frequent oral?

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 3 years ago

Would anyone really take back someone like this? She admitted to never being faithful in any of her previous relationship and she wasn't in their first attempt to stay married. I hope shr does stay faithful but its unlikely, but its not my story.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Wait until she gets another "WOULD YOU, HAVE YOU?" Do you think she changed after the divorce or did she learn to see who was listening before answering?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"My wife just admitted to fucking some guy?" - What's the big deal? Maybe it was before they were married? Okay, it wasn't, but he didn't know that right then.

/

There was no big payout from the accident? Between his parents' insurance, plus a claim against the guy that hit them, he should have a decent pile of cash.

/

Minor point, but should have paid off the card before splitting the money.

/

If she told him about her commitment issues when they started dating, that probably would be the end of them.

/

"Kari, if we are ever going to make a go of this, you need to be honest with me." - Huh? Is that actually a possibility?

/

Why the fuck does he owe her an explanation about what he's doing?

/

Nothing was ever said about her commitment issues being addressed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ARE U F ING CRAZY???????? Once a cheater always a cheater. U no this. She WILL cheat every chance she gets. Dump her ass NOW!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story rates a solid 1 star only because the author didn't lose track of the characters names. Total lunacy. A desperate desire for raac that's totally undeserved. At no point does she state that she's never going to cheat again.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Interesting story, but I question his judgement. First she cheated and as far as feeling bad about it, she bragged about it to her girlfriends! She was a long ways from understanding and repenting. Then she tried to get pregnant to trap him. She is manipulative and dishonest. I don't think that changed just because she had to experience a little rejection. No, I don't see her changing. Maybe we should just call his actions "a cautionary tale" of what not to do. He is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

So in the end he was a cuck, moreover REMATTYING a cheater he has opened himself up to an argument that he accepts her cheating should he try and leaver her the next time she cheats

.

They were married for 6 years, she cheated for more than 2 years, and at no point did she ever show any growth out of being a cheating slut, only growth out of being hypocritically jealous

.

the next time he tries to divorce her the restaurant will die as it is now her employers and community ptoperty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another story about a guy with no self respect. Taking back a cheater. Stupid story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

All of this author's story is just skip to reconcile. Very little is written about how deserving it was for the cheater. Instead, the cheated is the one that undeservingly pays the cost for the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
"Over time we were able to get back to the point where trust wasn't an issue."

Bullshit. Based on the rest of the story, there is no logical reason why trust won't always be an issue. You wrote a character who is inherently untrustworthy, and then you ignored your own writing.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Hell would freeze over before I'd ever take her back. Leopards don't change their spots. There's zero chance I could trust her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

meh ..... You were trying to tell a story here? right? This made about as much sense as reading a page out of a telephone book.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Ughhh and just like that she is back.. she needs to go see a therapist and sort out her demons and fuck more guys so her wimpy hubby can eat their spunk

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

Not bad writing except... why would he want to start up with his ex? And why would he think she would honor her vows this time?

I do not think that a normal, reasonable man would risk that.

Just my feedback. Thank you for posting your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I saw her beginning to trust him. I saw her learn a little about the pain of having a partner you could/did not trust. Nowhere did I see him learn whether or not she was worthy of being trusted.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 3 years ago

I think I might offer to sell this guy the Brooklyn Bridge.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Why was there no prenup? At least for the restaurant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It wasn't to far into the story before I could tell that the "cucks" would be out in force in the comment section. I call them that because I think many are actually "closet cucks" and only try to hide behind moronic comments. That said, I enjoyed the story. In an actual situation I would think she should have tried therapy to understand why in the past she would repeat her actions. I look forward to future works from you! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

sorry but considering how long she cheated, bragged about it, tried to get knocked up...this RAAC fell right off the rails.

She literally had no redeeming qualities and her short "lesson" would NOT have had the effect on her as was written.

You wanted and wrote a cuck story, and one where the details destroyed anything you thought you could pull over our eyes.

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

So trust is very important to him. He finds out she has cheated in every relationship, lies about cheating, then tries to trap him with pregnancy. Then he decides to do a really dumb shit test that actually just proves SHE can trust HIM. At no point does she do anything to warrant any level of trust. This guy is a first class idiot who is willingly walking into a disaster dragging a kid along for the ride. He deserves all the misery he will get, too bad for the kid to have losers for both parents.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Great story!!!! Yes, there is personal growth and change, as well as forgiveness and reconciliation!!! Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The most amazing thing about your story is the stream of comments. I enjoyed the read, because the fantasy (yes, that’s what stories are - they don’t have to be true to life, or even believable) was well written. I share the concern about the test, which was more a demonstration, and I would have liked more evidence that she had taken a serious decision to change. Exploring her mind a little would have been interesting: she clearly said she liked taking lovers, so how did they both get over this? Did she change, or did he decide he liked a wife who had other partners?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1) mutiple cheater with a long history of cheating

1b) freely and without hesitation admitting to cheating in a group of people (see 2) - how evil is this

2) "friends" who at least tolerate this behavior (they knew and didn´t do shit about it- no warning etc. only admiting after the MC allready knew)

3) the preggotrick... lowest of the low (AFAIK at least for US citizens... the divorce laws in the US suck!)

bottom line

If you want to sell RAAC this will NOT do it (smoke & mirrors was the only story so far where I can even see a possibility)!

Either tell her POV as well so the reader KNOW about her thoughts (remorse or deceit) or write a couple of hundred words more about the mending (still... in this story divorce and cutting her of are IMO the only possible steps)

As it is, the story makes the MC look desperate and stupid (or desperately stupid ?) and all hetero females of the story like stupid privileged bitches (at least self centered and carefree for others)

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Dialog felt like both characters speak mostly from the head and not the heart. A little too cerebral and emotionless for me. Not sure if it's because they were written that way, or because it was difficult to bring out the appropriate emotions in them through text. Maybe the reconciliation works, since both of them don't seem to be big on feelings. But because it stayed pretty shallow on that front, I was pretty ambivalent about however they ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Glad to see so many commenters got that the trust issue wasn't that Kari couldn't trust Tommy but that Tommy couldn't trust her. And that the author, for some reason, twisted the trust issue around. Kari admitted that she has always cheated in every one of her relationships including her marriage to Tommy, and never admitted she was trying to get pregnant to trap Tommy. Honesty is also an issue for her and Tommy.

In the real world. Tommy should have insisted she get counseling for her cheating issues, which he should join if he sees that she has made some progress. The reconciliation in this story really seemed forced to me.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Well ...

This was one fine story

until the trust issues got distorted.

Failed to make sense to me after that.

3 out of 5 from me.

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

Look I have nothing against a reconciliation story, but he was probing he was trustworthy..what did the ex-wife do to prove her trustworthiness? Especially since she was a serial cheater! Finally, why did he want her back? Because he was lonely? Start dating someone new!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

I enjoy an earned reconciliation, but , in my opinion, Kari fell a little short of earning hers. He wasn’t able to trust leaving her home alone until they had a baby, not that a baby would stop a determined, experienced cheating wife. Your story says they had a happy ending, so I’ll buy it. Despite my doubts, it was a good story as expected from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm glad there was a reconciliation and a happy ending however I don't think the author really conveyed any real emotions in the story. The cheating and marriage breakup were cold and neither characters displayed any real emotion with the events.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

A good story, with good emphasis on trust. Not much in terms of character development, or emotional impact on the characters. The story hinted at, touched on, emotions, but I didn’t get any sense of Tommy’s loss of his marriage, or Kari’s anxiety as Tommy ‘dated’.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - RAAC without a good reason is not possible. ONCE&DONE - No second chances, especially if there is evidence of multiple hookups

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid. What a manipulative, arrogant wanker he was. She's better off without him

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She wants to get pregnant to trap him, and HE KEEPS SEEING HER? What a pair of useless creatures they are.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Nope. Manipulative and untrustworthy. He should have looked for a better woman. This one was broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

just another whore and wimp story she cheats he takes the slut back garbage

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, only a 3. Smokeandmirror writes well, but out of the 4 stories, in each one he takes the cheating wife back. In his first, eponymous, story, it was appropriate as by her narration, she wasn't aware of what she was doing the one time she strayed, and was truly remorseful. In the second one, she was sober when she did it, but again was truly remorseful. In the third story, however, I don't think Molly did enough to make up for what she did, and he took her back too easily. And in this one, it's just confused. He divorces her because he can't trust her, and then when she stalks him, he turns it around and tries to get her to trust HIM. Huh? She's the one who was untrustworthy, and her attempts to scam him into a pregnancy to get him back sure doesn't demonstrate that she's become any more worthy. In fact, if I stuck with the descending trend, this would have gotten a 2. But the writing was too good for me to dislike it, so a 3 it is. Hopefully he'll do better next time out.

donjuan1954donjuan1954over 2 years ago

This guy is an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow you are so terrible at this! Its like you were born to suck at writing. I have to admire your determi ation though, all this effort to produce absolute garbage, its like a super power

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Feelings of betrayal, loss, jealousy : these are powerful emotions, and the good LW stories are able to portray them in a compelling manner. This story has its strong points, but it fails in conveying emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG. let her screw whomever she wants as long as she wants and have this guy stay married to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

hmmmm, no just no.

You have to write the story so there is a reason, a justification to keep her.

Other then him just ignoring it, after he felt so strongly he divorced her over it, made no sense.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

OK, I read a few from this contributor. Clearly a RAAC writer... I'm done with "smokeandmirror".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No way anyone would take her back after she admitted to never being faithful in any of her relationships. She will cheat again and end up with half the restaurant.

QuintiusQuintiusover 2 years ago
How did this become a reconciliation story...?

No, seriously, how? There was literally NO reason for him to entertain the idea of them getting back together. Kari has no idea what being truthful is. Why would he even think he could trust her, ever?

I'm not trying to be mean here. I'm not one of those commenters who tells an author to kill himself or that he's a piece of shit because he wrote a reconciliation story. I enjoy a reconciliation story if it's written well and I can empathize with the characters and believe they could make a go of it. As I said before, though, there's literally no reason for Tom and Kari to get back together. That IS the fault of the author. Any reasons why Tom should ever trust Kari again or even why he should have any pleasant memories of her were not presented to us. She just showed up one day after the divorce, told him just how loathsome she really is and how deeply she'd betrayed him, and he somehow decided after an unsurprising fuck that he should be giving her another chance. Um.... why?

This was not a well thought out plot. There was very little logic behind what was happening and the main character was very unemotional. None of his reactions were really interesting or easy to empathize with. It felt very much as though smokeandmirror sat down and said to himself, "OK, reconciliation story! Here's an outline. Let's fill in the blanks." Tom's motivation didn't make sense and that made the whole story collapse. Nostalgia does not overwrite betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like others have said, why did he take her back? Was he still thinking with "his little head?" Or his big one. It took her at least 4 years before she cheated on him the first time, so he's only got to wait 2 more years for a more expensive divorce to happen , now that they have 2 children together. He was confusing stalking with trust. She even admitted that she couldn't help her self from looking for other men to fuck. They should have just stayed FWBs, and called it good for a few more years, to see if he really could trust her again.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Seems like a bit of counseling to get to the bottom of why Katie sabotages all of her relationships by cheating might have been a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hope cucky got DNA tests on the kids.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

You gay writers really, really, truly suck at writing a story.

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

You write well and I enjoy your stories.

However, recurring silly spelling errors really stand out:

Quit vs. Quite

Breath vs. Breathe

Cloths vs. Clothes

Advise vs. Advice

Consider an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Hmm

The question was never if he was trustworthy it was about her. So why end the story that way. Made no sense.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

CUCK story!!! Beware!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy real life stories,meaning that is realistic. This is not one of them. The story line as you presented it, no real life a husband would have had any contact with her never mind let her back in his life. You ruined the story...2 stars ...ignore any gramer nazis,this is about well written,smooth flowing and entertaining tales for the readers. Try to be more realistic..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The fuck is wrong with you?

Storm113Storm113over 1 year ago

Be games her back without, at the least, therapy? Doesn't make sense. I'm not against recondiling, but she has to do the work first. Poorly done.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

Did I miss something? What has she done about her low tolerance for having random hookups? How does the MC believe that she has somehow changed?

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

1 star - NOPE this story fails the RAAC rules.

The infidelities were over a long period of time with multiple ASSHOLES.

NO WAY does this SLUT deserve a second chance.

It gets a single star rating.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieabout 1 year ago

This is some pretty lame stuff. I never felt the emotions.

Need to work harder.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She's clearly a very damaged woman with trust issues, an inability to stay faithful, and has no issues using lies and deception to get what she wants. So he gets back with her and remarries her. Seems like the logical thing to do. NOT! Well whatever shitstorm this turns into for him in the future, he brought it on himself.

beatman04beatman044 months ago

She'll do it again

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous