Wrath in Juxtaposition Pt. 01

Story Info
Finding out Demons are Real.
10.9k words
4.59
2.6k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks for to everyone who has been encouraging me to write again. It's been a while.

Chapter - Sharing Your Head

"Are you sure you want this? It's a lot of responsibility." I've spent the last two weeks filing the paperwork and cleaning the shop in preparation for tomorrow. I take a long look around the dark store, letting the childhood memories come through. The smell of paper dust and cardboard are so ingrained in the building that it fights against the strange chemical citrus of the cleaning supplies. Everything is ready to go, except possibly customers wandering into a comic book store that hasn't been open in a year.

"I'm ready. I'll find time to take care of the upstairs as I go, but I really wanna get this place back open." I appreciate my stepmother helping me get the place together. It was my favorite escape as a youth, after my father married Luisa. I was as surprised as anyone else when her father left the place to me in his will. It's not like Tata left anyone out, he was a successful businessman and each of his kids and grandkids were taken care of, but I'm a recent addition to the family.

"I never understood his obsession with magic and super heroes. Even before this place, old stories and myths." She looks around as if seeing the changes we made for the first time. I love watching her, ever since the day she came into our home and straightened us out. Still in her prime, Luisa is fuller in figure than a decade ago, but only in ways that fill out her jeans pleasantly. Curls of sandy brown hair spill wildly from the bun on top of her head, leaving her shoulders bare, and while she spins I admire her golden skin in the few moments where I won't get caught. The mix of German and Puerto Rican makes her stand out in any room, but her six foot frame leaves you in awe. By the time she faces me again I have retrieved an odd item that was in the old cash register.

"What is this Mama? I don't think I've seen it before. It feels like rubber or something." Dangling from a black leather strap is an odd little pendant. Shaped like a rugged, rough heart and maybe an inch across, the pendant is so dark that I want to call it black. Like a shadow, black doesn't quite describe it. Somehow it's hard, yet pliable in a way I can't wrap my mind around.

Sometimes I see things that aren't there, and I've come to accept them as figments of my imagination. Shadows walking down streets like normal everyday people, bursts of lights and darkness around others heads, and even at times large crystals just floating in the sky; I never mentioned them after my father screamed at me one day about making up stories. I had been young, but the memory of the incident burned in me a need to keep what I see to myself. Dangling in the open air as it is, I imagine a wisp of black shadow dancing around the heart. Luisa's eyes go wide in surprise as she sees it, instant recognition. They sparkle like polished amber in delight.

"I haven't seen that in forever, Nene. That was Tata's lucky charm. I think if it's here, you should keep it for luck. He said it always helped him with catching women." With a wink she steps around behind the glass displays that serve as a counter and takes the cord from my fingers. As Luisa holds the cord wide, letting the pendant dangle in the air between us, the shadows swirl excitedly around it. If she sees anything out of the ordinary, there is no reaction. She actually keeps chatting about stories her family told when first immigrating from Puerto Rico. Then, to me time slows down and music starts to play.

The things I see are rare when I am awake, but when I sleep, I dream of another world, a reflection of the waking day. In this world colors are wild and vibrant, and all my senses turn into one large scale understanding of the surroundings. The same thing starts to happen now, except I am awake. The biggest difference now, in this dark room it's like the afterglow of neon light. My mother holds the ragged leather cord and pendant aloft between her hands, long fingers ending in short manicured nails painted a blue so dark it's almost black. As she walks around the side and behind me, I try to figure out the assault of sounds crashing into my ears. It's like the world plays multiple songs on loudspeakers, horns fighting drums and a piano slowly dueling a wailing guitar. The chaos of sound makes me feel like I'm losing a war for control of my body; even my thoughts. In reaction to the lucidity of past dreams I try to look around knowing that in my dreams I can hear sights and smells; never fully trust your senses.

"They say it's the heart of a Demon. A Demon! Do you believe that Nene?" Luisa's words hit me in slow motion, nearly drowned out by the music. Somehow I realize the piano music is coming from within me, its rhythm slow and measured. There's a drum beat in company with the melody, buh-dum-tis, repeating at a measured pace through my body. I am far from a music person, and I find it strange that music seems to emanate from my being, deep in my core. Then I wonder why my heart beats out a slow jazz beat. With my own music out of the way and isolated, I feel more myself. Luisa is almost behind me, her arms going up over my head and the other music gets louder. I reach up to stop her.

"Ma, I don't think..." I never finish the thought. As my hand comes in contact with hers the other two songs become clear. The horns are the lead for a swinging dance number coming from Luisa. The resounding, foot tapping snare is coming from her heart just as the light tap of high hats come from my own. The third song, fast and chaotic, with no discernible rhythm pours from the pendant. The drums are utter chaos and what I thought was guitar sounds as much like nails on a chalkboard now that the sounds are separate in my ears.

The powerful chaotic sound is literally absorbing Luisa's sounds into its own, the instruments joining the cacophony as it reaches to pull my own inner music into the abyss as well. Instinct more than anything tells me this is bad. My own tempo increases, trying to match that of my stepmother's heartbeat and support her sounds, strengthening her melody. With effort we form one music, a strange combination of both sounds, calm, with a dancing beat; the piano and horns in harmony. Two hearts beat as one.

"They say Mi Bisabuela killed the demon with his bare hands. The stories parents tell their children are crazy." Luisa continues speaking, talking as if nothing were going on at all. I am so caught in the battle of sounds that I don't resist. She doesn't even notice that I touched her for a moment as she continues settling the pendant around my neck and starts to tie the leather. My mind is fully on the random beats of the heart being tied around my neck. While there might not be a steady beat, there is an emotion, a song. Rage and jealousy pour through the music and I hope that by matching the raw emotion I can fight back against the chaos. As I battle to maintain a sense of myself, frozen in time with the heart of a demon, I come to understand him more. The rage and jealousy are rooted in love and protection.

Warriors and suitors alike came night after night to challenge the ancient god. For days, weeks, months, and even years the forbidden love of another man's god was tested with strength of iron and will. Soon there was no more time for love, as his days became filled with anger, rage, and blood. With no room for love, he also abandons hope and his heart blackens to that of a demon. I see my chance inside of the music and change my own inner song.

Loneliness, confusion, and the pain of loss are things I fight daily. My song becomes that of being adopted by parents who don't love each other and soon divorce. The loneliness is of constantly moving from town to town and city to city. Luisa's music adds layers, her own loneliness and anger. For the first time I realize that she never loved my father, and from her discordant notes has never been happy. She stayed in the marriage for the kids, hiding her own loneliness and pain for a stable home for my step sister and myself. I don't have time to process the memories and emotions before I add them to my own song for our own mutual survival. The sounds clash as the cord ties around my neck, sounds strike each other, battling to survive. Bit by bit I claim the demon's song. I take each sound and note, weaving it into the measure of pain in my own music until the random beat of a drum is left. Each time the percussion strikes I claim the sound waves until finally they stop all together and reality dulls back down from the dream world to the one I see while awake.

The room is silent, the air dead, and the breathing heavy. The beating of my heart is intense, but far from musical. I can still feel my pulse in my head. Breathe. Calm down. Luisa's hands are on my shoulders, steadying herself. Each and every time blood pulses through my veins, painfully throbbing in my head, a lifetime of memories pass through me. Calm. Breathe. I don't know if the words are my own, and can't distinguish the memories from my own. Somehow my step mother senses my pain and her arms drop down over my shoulders, holding me close, now supporting me. Gods live a long time, but a demon is the embodiment of an emotion. As long as humanity feels, needs, and loves, there will be demons.

The demon seethes, whispering constantly, a part of me. He chose me, watched me my entire life, and knew what thoughts hurt most. What's worse is he says them in my own voice. No one loves me, no one will ever love me. My birth parents didn't want me, and neither did my adopted mother. My father was there, but resented me for his failed first marriage. You will always be alone.

"I'm okay. It's late." My heart rate is not going to go down. A slow seething anger burns in my gut. Reaching up I disengage Luisa's arms. As much as I like her chest pressing into my back, the knowledge that I'm not alone is enough to help. Her hand closes on mine as she releases me and I turn to face her. She takes both my hands in hers and holds my gaze with her own. She's almost in tears as we stand eye to eye.

"Nene, l love you so much. You made your Tata change so much at the end. Even your sister loves you and she hates all men. You make everyone happy and I want you to be happy." The sudden outburst is not unusual. What's unusual is the lack of wine before saying things like this. It's then that I know what will make me happy and I lean in and touch my lips to hers. The kiss starts slowly, lips touching tenderly over and over again. Both her hands grasp my head on either side, weaving through my hair. It's been a decade since I've kissed anyone so innocently, the repeated pecks fighting off the seething anger deep inside of me. My hands go to her hips, and as we kiss I slowly work my fingers under her shirt until I find the soft, smooth skin of her stomach. The sudden skin to skin contact stops her kiss and her hands drop to my shoulders. We stand eye to eye for many long heartbeats.

"Mama. I don't," the words hang unanswered. I don't know how to tell you that I'm a demon, that her father was a demon before me. How do I say that this gift from Tata comes with a furious entity in my head who wants to devour my soul. Unable to hold her gaze in sudden shame, I look away. Her hands trail down my chest to the pendant, and I follow with my eyes. The crude black heart has rounded and lightened, still dark but with a sheen that reflects light even in the darkened store and a deeper richness in its depths.

"I don't understand, Nene. Don't I make you happy?" The shock of the question brings my attention back in front of me. Her eyebrows curl in frustration and insecurity, and she chews her bottom lip nervously. Is she really offering herself to me? Does she really think there's any way I don't want it, that I haven't wanted it since puberty. The days I've spent dreaming of kissing those lips and now I've done it and I'm the one holding back. What's wrong with me? I'll eat her heart like the demon I am. I squeeze her hips in my hands, fighting the urge to run and the urge to rip her clothes off equally.

"Mama, I want you so bad. We shouldn't." I'm not me right now. Her eyes brighten and I realize she only cares about the first part. The playfulness of her smile is not something that's ever been used on me before. I remind myself that this woman might have done alot to raise me and stabilize my home, is only thirty-five. That's barely more than a decade older than me. Her hands start to work across my stomach and to the waist of my jeans. I can feel her fingers inside my pants as the button pops open.

"It's been a long time since I've been with anyone, even your father." Amber fires glow in her eyes, melting me. Our lips meet again, but there isn't any innocence anymore. I need to feel loved, accepted, and wanted right now. Her bottom lip winds up between my teeth for a quick tug as my fingers try to catch up in unbuttoning her jeans. When she moans into my mouth I let her lip go, and our tongues fight for dominance.

Luisa's hands are in my pants and stroking me before I even get her zipper down. Her hands are not gentle, a hunger drives her as she strokes me and takes the lead with our mouths. It's all I can do to push her pants and panties down around her hips. I even have to tug my own pants down as my stepmother refuses to let my cock go. Finally we have to seperate to step out of the clothing now piled around our feet, but she still keeps both hands on me.

With the break in the action, I glance around the small area, looking for somewhere nearby for what is about to happen. Luisa takes the decision from me by hopping bare assed onto the wooden back counter. She finally lets me go only after I'm in line with her, and she is at least as turned on as I am by the wetness I find there. There is no resistance as I push my full length into her, holding her amber gaze with my eyes as our hips meet, fully inside of her. Long legs wrap around my waist, locking me into her and without even a thought otherwise my grinding begins with a slow steady pace. I have no idea how long we stand there, eyes locked, naked from the waist down. Luisa's hands wind up on my chest, her nails clawing through my shirt as the pleasure builds. Both my hands wind up back on her hips, gilding me as need pushes me to thrust harder and harder.

CRACK! We both freeze at the sound of breaking wood. I felt the back counter shift, so I know Luisa did as well. Being sure that the actual wood under has cracked, carefully I work my hands under her with my fingers digging into her bare ass and my cock still inside her, Luisa's attention comes back to me.

"Easy, Adrian. I don't want any ass splinters." I smile in response. Luisa is by no means a small woman, but in the sexual haze im in now, she easily comes up off the counter cleanly. Her legs squeeze even tighter, pushing me deeper into her as I lift and turn. As I stand there with her in my arms, we start to kiss again. Hot and meaningful, it seems to go one forever as our lips and tongues dance with each other. It's not until a random headlight flashes through the darked shop that we break off. I think she suddenly realizes that anyone walking by the shop would be able to see us in the darkened store, if they decided to turn and look inside.

"Turn around," I tell her. After a few heart beats she nods and finally releases the grip her legs have around my waist. The heat between us is almost tangible as she turns to position herself to be taken by me. Her ass is so round and hips so thick that when she bends over, it's tempting to think this is a dream. Only in a dream could such a perfect olive toned ass exist. In the heat of the moment, desire overrides admiration, and I enter her.

The moan as I take her is deep and sensual. She may have moaned my name, but desire doesn't let me care and I drive my hips into her over and over. I feel the love pouring from her into me like a tangible thing, fueling a deep lust that I force back into her. There's magic in the moment, whether real or imaginary, and we seem to become one being for a heartbeat. I know before her legs start to quiver, before her back arches, before she even speaks.

"I'm. I'm coming, Nene." The words stumble out of her mouth, mixed with groans and grunts. I wish that I could see her face, but she faces away as she rides it out, lost in the pleasure. There's not a lot of time to worry about what I can and can't see because her orgasm is intense. Her shoulders serve as leverage as I hold on and keep thrusting for all I'm worth. Her body squeezes me with each moan, driving me over the edge until I empty deep inside of her. The feeling is intense, different than usual.

My knees wobble with exhaustion, forcing me to break off and lean against the opposite counter to steady myself against the cracked wood of the back counter. Slowly Luisa stands and turns to lock eyes with me. Eyes sparkling and cheeks flush, she smiles at me in a way I've never seen her smile before, full and satisfied. I can't help but to go back and kiss her again, softly. Without words, we both find our missing clothes and pull them back on, making eyes at each other the whole time.

"I hope you want me again. Soon." Luisa tells me as we lock up the front door. We've managed to remove the splintered wood from the shelf and clean up before getting ready to leave. Standing now outside the shop, with her hands on my chest and eyes burning with passion, I know this isn't over. Her heat makes my heart race.

"Everyday, Mama. I've wanted you ever since you walked into our lives." Instead of kissing me as a reply, Luisa slips her arms under mine and lays her head on my shoulder. I hold her close, under the full moon and street lights on the empty street.

The only cars left are our own back in this little industrial district, my own apartment above the shop is the only residence off the main street, behind a shopping center. I walk her to her car and close the door as she sits down inside. The SUV is tall enough that when she rolls the window down I don't have to lean over to kiss her again, one final time before she drives off. I stand there on the street until she turns and leaves my sight before climbing the side stairs up to the second story apartment.

Tata's apartment came with the shop, and for him served as the shop's excess storage more than anything when he was alive. Instead of going back through the shop into the upstairs apartment, I lock the door from the outside. A strange feeling of completeness comes with the symbolic moment. The next time these doors open it will be something of my own.

The little wooden deck at the top of the stairs enters into the small kitchen, and along with the bathroom and living room are all I've managed to make livable so far. The two bedrooms are jam packed with memorabilia and collectibles that are far too geek worthy for anyone else in the family's interest. Habit leads me to fall into the couch, where I spent uncountable nights as a kid. The biggest difference is that this time the fantasies of Luisa are much, much more real.

Grand reopening is the understatement of my life. Thanks to it being Saturday and sunny there has been some light foot traffic, but no sales and for the life of me I can't figure out how this place ever ran. Kids don't have money these days to buy into this. You could eat a meal for the price of a comic book. Within the first half of the day I realize I need to expand beyond comic books and memorabilia. I've been brainstorming all afternoon with my oldest friend trying to think of a solution.

"I've got it. Sex sells and I want to be your first customer." Jenny says, tossing a handful of comics on the counter. The clear plastic glints in the light and I can't immediately see what the titles are, but Jenny whips out her credit card and waves it toward me. I ignore my closest friend's plastic to pick up the comics on the counter.