All Comments on 'Writer in a Born Free RV'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Right on, Ronde, write on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An enjoyable read. I like that each of your stories have very different plots. You must have a very imaginative mind. Thank you.

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

This is another fun read. I think that the MC’s naïveté stretches believably a bit, but they’re both interesting and likable. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love reading your stories. I go back to your earlier posts and read them again. So far three times.

A Long Night’s Climb Into Sunlight is one of the best on Literotica. Five stars for all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really enjoyed how you told this story. Both as an explanation of how a writer needs to work in order to craft a good tale and as a relationship story.

And thank you for the recent increase in the amount and quality of your work.

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

This was a fun story to read. I think the MC’s naïveté stretches believability a bit, but both characters are interesting and likable. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it very much.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Great little story!

5

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read, you created real characters with real life experiences, insecurities and hurts. The old romantic in me wants them to marry and have the children she desires.

On a side note I grew up in an era when as children we went to schools that matched our educational abilities, academic or vocational. Not all are cut out for college and the current trend has left us with a terrible deficit in society. Basic geometry and math skills work well for trades (one of those deficits as boomers retire) which pay as well as some uni jobs with lower or even Zero student loans. All that to say I admire his point about the Marsha's, Martins etc being pushed into low paying jobs by a lack of practical education.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice interesting story.

I would like to see one on the former student with the low IQ.

It could have a few surprises.

Intelligence and education don't make you wise.

She could follow her intuition and live a life well lived dispite her setbacks and abuses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While I usually like your stories I couldn't make it through this one. Is the dude 12 not mid 20s? He comes off as an idiot most of the time and honestly the relationship between him and Mel feels more like mother/son than two people about to become lovers. And to me it feels like Mel's more like fuck it I'm bored we can try something when she does try to "teach" Todd something.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

No, just could not get into this. Todd is an idiot who needs a mother not a lover. I think this is about as boring as his first sc-fi novel.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Great story. People who are whining in comments, haven't met too many real people. Yes, there's people who are not as world wise at age 25. And yes, some women "mother" their life partners to greater or lesser extent - and some even like it. Not to mention, this one feels more like "mothering" - if you even agree with the complaints, which I don't - in this case seems to have the same result as in a real situation - the "child" learns and grows up and becomes a worthwhile person. So yes, Mel had to train him in how to be a better employee (not just to her but eventual readers) and lover... she ended up with good provider and husband. Seems worth every second of effort, if I was in her place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It’s interesting that commenters do not like Todd’s naïveté. To me it is a refreshing change from the equally ignorant but more confident characters in other stories. Especially the ones who try to make women change to fit their ignorant image of who those women are supposed to be. Todd is honest about what he doesn’t know and is interested in learning about how how women are in fact, instead of expecting women to act in accordance with his preconceptions.

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story. I was, due to a number of issues, a virgin, until I was 30. My wife was my first everything. It may not be average or 'normal', but this story rang true with my experiences. Even in just the 250 year history of my country (USA), there have been approximately 9 generations since we achieved independence. Everyone has a different experience and non average experiences are not always abnormal, just not typical.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fun story!

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind9 months ago

I enjoyed this. Every now and again it's nice to meet a guy who's naiive but not stupid. Mel seemed nice too. They met, became friends, then lovers. Okay, so Charles Dickens it's not, but it wasn't awful. Why all the bitchin'?

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

Very strange tale. I'm not sure I was in a class or reading a review, but it did seem very real. I wasn't really sure where we were going with the story, and that's something unusual in Literotica. The same sore of plots are repeated over and over. This one could have gone in several directions, but the way it went was fine with me. 5* for something novel.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is a very educational tale. I'll think a bit more about how realistic all those other stories about virgins diving straight into mind blowing sex are from now on!

It is sad that the MC gives away teaching as a career because of the lack of 'streaming' in the classroom. The challenge for a teacher of providing material that all levels of pupil ability are stretched in the same classroom at the same time is the challenge that really brings out the best teachers. Our MC wimps out in the face of an unsupportive system. Sad but it feels real. Developing a programme that works in such a situation means support from everyone in management of that teacher from department heads, head teachers, the examiners who determine what gets assessed at the end of the course and whoever is paying the bills. Often it means throwing out all the text books. Research shows that the benefits of unstreamed classes are usually greater than those of streaming. The best education usually occurs when both the teacher and the children know they are special and the course is being run as an experiment. This is the challenge for all involved in education to aim for. Everyone does better when they know that they are being helped to do better and that their performance is being encouraged to excel and that performance is being watched with that expectation.

HansTrimbleHansTrimble3 months ago

I don't know how you do it. You grind out stories like a machine, and they're all GREAT!

Hans

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 month ago

This sounds like someone’s autobiography. The writing was okay but it didn’t create any significant level of emotion. Good things happened but you didn’t describe their emotional responses. That leaves the story pretty flat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...