Wrong Side of the Bed - Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mistress gently tightened her grasp to cease Elva's question. "And I'm so, so sorry for ever putting that fear in you, kitten," Mistress softened her voice further as her smile fell, "but that is our reality. Without a contract, any demon could force you into whatever agreement they wished as penance for your sin. And, since you came here without a proper death, without being auctioned, without...without a contract, the risks in allowing you to stay here uncontracted would be— are severe, my kitten. For you even more than me."

As the depth of her situation set in, Elva shed a few tears as she tried not to imagine what might have happened if she had decided not to contract with Mistress. "Please, my kitten, think little of that place. I promise, you will never see the inside of those halls. And if in time you," Mistress paused for a moment as her hand squeezed Elva's more gently, "wish to seek a different company, I have... an old friend that would treat you fairly, kitten. I'm sure it'd take your contract and your sentence would be—enjoyable."

Finding herself struggling to hear Mistress' worries, Elva hurriedly replied, "No!" Pausing embarrassingly as her exclamation brought a surprised glance from Mistress, Elva muttered her explanation, "I-I mean... I don't want to seek a different company, Mistress. I-I feel safe... beside you."

Seeming relieved by her response, Mistress smiled slightly as her hand eased its grip. "That makes me very happy to hear, kitten. Let us not dwell on such uncomfortable ideas, then. Do you have any other questions for me?"

Elva took another moment to think before replying. "Uh, will every day be like yesterday?"

"Well, I have a rather voracious appetite, but yesterday I was very," Mistress took a moment before finishing her sentence, "pent-up, kitten. I hadn't exactly had a meal in nearly a quarter millennia."

"Wait," Caught off guard, Elva looked down for a moment as she tried to grasp how long that was. "250 years... without eating?"

"242 years, and a few months, to be exact," Mistress corrected bluntly, not aiding in her struggle. "It's rather hard to feed while you take a nap, regrettably."

'A-a nap?!' Elva couldn't help but think in exacerbation as her mouth fell agape.

"I was very—tired, kitten," Mistress explained. "I hoped a long rest would alleviate that. Or, at least, maybe things would be—easier—when I woke up."

Sensing a pause, Elva had to ask, "Did...did it?"

Mistress waited for a brief moment before quietly replying, "I'm not sure, kitten. But perhaps with you here, maybe I can find some peace." Something in her voice sounded uncertain, almost sad and fearful.

'It sounds like you went through a lot of pain.' Feeling unsatisfied with the answer, Elva tried to press further, "Can I ask... what made you so tired?"

Her eyes saddened as Mistress' thumb caressed Elva's hand for a moment before she eventually replied, "Trade secrets, kitten. Another question, if you please."

'Oh... I guess Mistress doesn't want to talk about that,' Elva reflected silently after watching her expression harden. Thinking back on the last day, Elva found it frustrating to mull on how little of the day she was awake. "Will I always sleep so much?"

"I don't imagine you will, kitten," Mistress reassured Elva as her tone turned bright again. "You weren't exactly accustomed to using so much energy when we started, much less having it taken as food. But your stamina is already improving, and over time you should need to sleep even less to recover."

Feeling somewhat relieved, Elva looked down at Mistress' hand before contemplating if she had another question. The warm touch of Mistress' skin on hers brought to mind how hot Elva felt last night when they were one. Elva blushed heavily before nervously asking, "That... What happened last night, the magic of the blood moon, how often is there a blood moon in Hell?"

Mistress gave Elva a sly grin before replying, "Every night is a blood moon, kitten."

'O-oh, well, that's easy to remember. So, every night... Mistress will...' Elva decided not to finish her thought as she felt her ears tingle and her chest flutter.

"Don't get too excited," Mistress lightly teased as she watched Elva fidget.

Unsure of what else she could ask, Elva eventually inquired, "Did—you need to ask me anything else, Mistress?"

"Only if you're ready, kitten. We'll have a lot of time to get to know each other better." Mistress extended her free hand to Elva. "If you would hold your collar with me, kitten."

Elva hesitated briefly to look down at it and recall their words before laying it in Mistress' palm. 'To care for and protect.'

"I'm glad you remember the vows, kitten. We need to repeat them for me to replace the collar. Allow me a moment," Mistress whispered before leaning forward and blowing onto the collar, causing it to glow gently in pink and purple hues as her breath passed over it. "A one-week contract, kitten. Now, your vows, Elva."

After pausing for a moment to recall the exact words, Elva began. "'I, Elva, of sound mind and body, so hereby—relinquish all rights to my Mistress except those granted by my contract. Under—'"

"No, kitten," Mistress halted Elva strictly before she could continue, "not you. Never you." Mistress looked at Elva sternly, her eyes saddened and pained.

"Then, why you, Mistress?" Elva asked hesitantly. "Care for and protect, under pain of dea—"

"Trade secrets, kitten," once again, Mistress didn't allow Elva to finish her sentence. "I hope you never have to know. Please, 'I vow to devote,' kitten."

'Trade secrets, again. She said it yesterday too... What isn't Mistress sharing?' Elva took another moment before continuing, uneasy that Mistress was dodging her questions. "'I... vow to devote myself fully to my Mistress... and trust in her care and protection for the duration of my time in her services.'"

The glow surrounding her collar strengthened with golden hues as Elva finished speaking. 'I guess that means my heart was true to my vows.' Elva breathed a sigh of relief that her hesitations hadn't interfered.

"Thank you, kitten," Mistress said kindly as her expression softened again. "Now, allow me to finish. 'I, Saoirse, of sound mind and body, so hereby take possession of all rights of my slave except those authorized by her contract. Under pain of death, I vow to care for and protect her as payment for her devotion for the duration of her time in my services.'"

The glow around the collar intensified again in pink and purple before bursting into specks of light. The explosion of light blinded Elva for a moment, but when her eyes adjusted, she looked in awe at the new collar she now held. In place of the simple choker of black leather was a wider band of dark, mossy green. A thin, inner ring of intricate knots encircled the collar where several gemstones seemed woven into the leather.

'Cat's eyes,' Elva marveled at how the smooth stones glistened in the light, but something else about them captivated her gaze. 'I've never seen them in purple before. They're... beautiful.'

"Would you like me to put it on, kitten?" Elva looked up from the collar to see Mistress smiling and looking at her with soft eyes. Nodding yes, Elva let go as Mistress stood up and walked behind her. Finally, Mistress let Elva's hand go to touch her neck as she ordered, "Please, lift your hair, kitten."

Lightly gasping as Mistress touched her skin, Elva complied without hesitation as Mistress glided her hand to her chin, gently tilting her head upward. As the soft leather band met her throat, Elva shivered in anticipation before Mistress wrapped it further around. Removing her hand from Elva's chin, Mistress slid her fingers back along the collar, closing the band as she reached her nape.

Mistress lingered for a moment before slowly retracing her fingers. Elva quickly raised her hand to inspect the collar, immediately noting the broader hold on her neck. Her fingers traced the curvature of the thick knots as they circled neatly, and the sleek cat's eyes drew her touch as they felt hugged by the smooth leather. 'I've been collared...' her heart fluttered for a moment at the thought, and Elva bashfully smiled as she lowered her hair.

Walking back to the center of the room, Mistress stood before Elva and held out her hand, beckoning Elva to take it and stand. "Stunning," she said as their eyes met. "You look beautiful, Elva."

Too shy to maintain her gaze, Elva nervously fidgeted and turned away as she felt her cheeks flush. 'T-thank you, Mistress,' Elva thought as she took her hand.

After giving a light chuckle, Mistress sharpened her tone as she ordered, "Now, take off that robe, kitten. I've grown quite hungry."

12