All Comments on 'Wynter of Contentment'

by LunaEroticaMystica

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is a lovely Christmas story

beautifully written - the characters and plot are really well-rounded, and it all just sort of felt like a cup of hot cocoa on a snowy night!

The only thing I would say - and this is just a little aside and not really a criticism at all - is that I found Trev's age to be a bit jarring as I read it. I think you said at the beginning (but I could be wrong) that he was 3. I know he is meant to 'beyond his years' and very bright, but even so I just couldn't picture that, given his extremely well-developed language and emotional intelligence.

Instead, I pictured him at about 5-6: even then he would be considered precocious and amazingly gifted.

Thanks for the story, really enjoyed it.

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years agoAuthor
Trevor's age

Anonymous,

Thank you for your sweet comment! I appreciate it. Trevor is 8 yrs. old. But, I will check and make sure I didn't have a typo in there on his age. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I hope this winter finds you cozy with a warm mug of hot cocoa and snowy dreams (and if lucky someone to snuggle up to). :)

~Luna

litfan10litfan10over 13 years ago
Another impressive addition to an already great list of work

Luna, Wynter is just another great example of why I love your work so much. You take an incredibly clever idea, and you execute it to it's full potential surrounding it with beautiful, lyrical prose and super charged, hot sex. It really doesn't get better than your writing my dear. You have my highest regard! Well done!!

MidniteRoseMidniteRoseover 13 years ago
Wonderfully Written

Luna, I love your writing as usual. It blows me away and ever so spicy. Yummy and sooo cleverly written. I can't wait to see more your writing. ;-) This helped me after last night and today to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
:-)

i was initially confused by your story, however the more i read of it the more i wanted... i really enjoyed your characters and it truely made me want more.... i wish he was a snowman that never melted and their love would be able to blossom - what happened to wynter in the end???? sooo many questions - means that i really read your story and enjoyed it! keep it up xx

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for reading and commenting. I appreciate it. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! May I ask what initially confused you, in the beginning? If I know, maybe I could explain better. Thanks!

~Luna

MrOzymandMrOzymandover 13 years ago
A fine Christmas tale!

Perhaps I am getting a bit more sentimental in my old(er) age, but this story hit right in the "happy Christmas tale" muscle. I couldn't help but to smile and almost tear up at the ending.

One little, though. The part of the story when it was (partially) foreshadowed that Trevor knew of Wynter threw me off initially. Perhaps it was just the pacing or the subject matter that proceeded it (Brynn making out with Wynter, and the facial expression by Trevor that, at first glance, made it seem to be know exactly what Brynn wanted to do with the Wynter was grasped by Trevor on an adult-level) but as the story developed further it started to make more sense and further understood what you had intended.

None the less, it is a great Christmas tale and now I'm going to check out your other writings as well. A good sign of a great story. Congratulations, wish you the best of luck in the Christmas story competition, and may you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another 5-star story!

Excellent characterizations; a note about another reader's comment about Trevor's age (8 years), the only mention that I could find was on page 1, "To her eight-year-old boy, it had the quality of begging to be claimed."

The dialogue between Brynn and Trevor flowed and felt very natural; the story line was original, taking an old theme about a snowman coming alive for one special event, and giving it a nice "twist."

Very "hot" (snowman?) and sexy!

EmeraldKittenEmeraldKittenover 13 years ago
Yum!!

I'm definitely gonna be building a snowman this year! :)

A very sweet tale of love.. just perfect for the purpose of the season! :)

SweetestThingSweetestThingover 13 years ago
Terrific

Excellent story. I very much appreciated the sense of magic as well as the establishment of the characters/setting. Also, very good, descriptive sex which always rates highly in my book.

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years agoAuthor
Appreciative!

I am so appreciative of the continuing feedback and critiques. I hope I have cleared up some of your questions and/or gray areas that were brought to my attention. Thank you!

~Luna

LeopardWomanLeopardWomanover 13 years ago
Another Winner@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ :)

This story is a story that all single parents can related to.....Definitely felt the character in this story Was almost in tears at the end Beautiful!,,,Another great story Luna, Now everyone wants a "snowman" like that.....:)

Keep bringing those "hot" stories!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

kuellarkuellarover 13 years ago
Another "Wyn"ner

First of all, apologies for the horrible pun. But really, this was a lovely sweet story. Your characterisation was really well done, the initial opening really drew me into the setting. Everything about Brynn and Trevor is believable and relatable. (I must say I was initially a little thrown when Trevor accidentally almost said "Wynter" - but it became clear at the end.)

It's refreshing to read something so positive and magical. Good luck in the contest!

littleblackdress50littleblackdress50over 13 years ago
great job

You really made me feel the characters... great job... good luck.

WyldnightWyldnightover 13 years ago
Wow...just...wow

This story was so good that I barely have words to describe it. I'm almost in tears here as I type out this comment. lol It was both exciting and beautiful at the same time. I mean, a single mother and child working so hard to care for each other; a child's oh-so-pure Christmas wish that his mother finds happiness at long last; and an Angel in the form of a snowman. It's a wonderful Christmas story and it'll make a wonderful addition to this website. I do hope you win because I can't see anyone else's story fitting the theme better than yours. There were a few grammatical errors, but they just barely took away from the overall story and certainly not enough to convince me to give you less than a five out of five. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 13 years ago
okay... deep breath

got your email about reading this story and...

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!

I am not a single mom, but i feel the pain that she feels..... and I hope that her dreams come true for her. I know a lot of single moms just put someone in that spot, so the whole thing about just bringing in anything to cover that loss, i understand that too....

love will come soon, but until it does... wow... cant comment anymore...

just gonna cry now... thank you for such a wonderful story

mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

Luna, you can pinch me! i had actually read it but forgot to comment! as said in the mail i'm rather busy these days LOL

i'm sad though. yup sad sad sad that here we don't have much snow because trust me else i'd be the first to build the same snowman and hoping i'd get the same result hihihi

i really really enjoyed reading this little gem. i'll be cheering on the sidelines!

lildragonlildragonover 13 years ago
Beautiful

I loved this. A perfect story for a cold winter's night. The love was tangible like a Christmas hug from you to all your readers. Thank You so much for taking the time to email me about this story. Have a Happy Holiday and may the spirit of the season rain blessings upon you and yours.

chaynddovechaynddoveover 13 years ago
Thank You

I got your e-mail, and came in to read, thank you so much for sharing, this is a wonderful story, good luck!!

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 13 years ago
Very Good

This was very good. I thought it started rather slowly, but made up for it quickly. At first, I somewhat disliked Wynter, but that changed too. Good luck in the contest.

I did rather wonder how Trevor knew the snowman/lover's name, though.

andtheendandtheendover 13 years ago
Very nice

I didn't think it started slow at all. You needed to introduce your characters and you did in such a way that drew the reader into the story.

It was a fery different type of story. Yet, it fit perfectly with the contest theme.

I can't wait to go out and make my own snowman. Maybe I'll make a couple and we'll have a threesome.

Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
:)

excellent!

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! I appreciate it so much; the positives and the negatives/needs-improvement (they help me grow). I love hearing that this story is putting you in the holiday spirit and that my characters are resonating with you. :)

Happy Holidays to One and All. My wish is for you to have gratitude and find contentment in what you do have, but not to stop believing in the magic of possibilities (including love)!

~Luna

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous