All Comments on 'X-Ray Vision Ch. 01: Discovered'

by Elaine_Mature

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good stuff, more please :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unique plot. Nice world building and character development. Overall, two thumbs up and very much looking forward to seeing where this goes. Hopefully, you have another dozen chapters waiting in the wings for us!

lexlogan8lexlogan8about 1 year ago

Great concept, marvelous execution. Eager to see where this goes.

HectorBidonHectorBidonabout 1 year ago

What a delicious story! The opening walk through town as we're just catching on, the assessment on the beach ("I've talked to enough, I have some idea"), the approach at an angle. Every paragraph is a delight. The special effects are wonderful and entrancing, but the understated underlying emotional resonances are what the story is really about. A love story. Calling out our 3D x-ray powers to realize and appreciate what is really going on.

And as piercing as the storytelling is, showing us details down to the bones of the dinosaurs, it does keep some things coyly veiled. Greg's skeleton, in particular. Although, I guess we do get to see it in non-superpower fashion, at least as well as Jillian gets to see it, as least as well as dear, proper Mr. Nguyen does.

So, anyway, very well done. A real tour de force. Thanks so much for sharing this delightful story with us.

(PS. Just a little note I'm trying to respectfully slip into your pocket:

https://style.mla.org/speech-paragraphs-quotation-marks)

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

Very good stuff, with so much thought and a sense of history put into the MC’s vision and how he utilizes it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Shades of John D. McDonald. Clear. Concise. Good bones. Fine MC. I could go on, but you get the idea. I hope. So: do I read the next chapters fast, eagerly, or slowly, savoring each sentence, like a fine verbal wine?

LovesDancingLovesDancingabout 1 year ago

Incredibly imaginative writing!

LanceQuiverLanceQuiver10 months ago

Great storytelling! Doesn’t talk down to the reader, fantastical yet prosaic. And most important is that nothing is over-described, nothing forced on the reader, leaving me to fill-out and imagine the details as I wish, so the story becomes my own - an skill so often undeveloped in most writers! Well…off to part 2…

Greybear42Greybear426 months ago

Slow start but definitely enough there to get me interested in what comes next

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Make sure you go to chapter 2, not chapter 8 - the disconnect on the jump to chapter 8 is too great.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love this story. It's so totally different. Not just the concept, which is unique. But also the timing, the spacing. Can't wait to read chapter2

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElaine_Mature@Elaine_Mature
Older author and reader, interested in emotionally significant writing with empathy and respect. Body Shop is available in print! Search by Author on Amazon Kindle. The entire XRay Vision odyssey is available in e-book form! Search by Author on Amazon Kindle! And loyal read...