X-Ray Vision Ch. 01: Discovered

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Check your jacket pocket."

She felt the wrong pocket, then the right one, came out with the note. Unfolded it, read it, understanding dawning on her features.

"The sweetheart! She wants a date, gave me her phone number!" Jill looked alarmingly pleased at the thought.

I tried to hide my unease, but Jill caught it. Here I thought I was an expert at body language, but I was apparently an open book to her.

"You're jealous! Greg! I'm flattered!"

That didn't sound good. Like what a girl said before letting you down gently.

"Khang is a sweetie, and I'm sure she's a firecracker in bed. Those hands! Wow!" She was lost in thought for a moment.

"But I'm not a girly girl, not that way. She deserves to be treated with respect, have her feelings recognized, have some fun.

I'll probably go out with her, have a good time, maybe even sleep with her once, but nothing more will come of it."

My relief was apparently comical; Jillian laughed anyway, punched me in the arm.

"I'm not gonna abandon my one friend, the man that saved my life, my x-ray superhero! Not without seeing where this is going; where it might go.

Yes, I like guys; I like you. I'm alive when I'm with you, living my full life, taking opportunities, trying things. Learning so so much! I don't want to give that up.

If you're willing I'll stay, for as long as you want; as long as you'll have me."

I blushed, deeply gratified, a little ashamed at my selfishness.

"But when you can't stand the sight of me, can't watch me gorge myself on pad Thai one moment longer, can't stand my nagging questions about everything, well, then it can be over.

Because something can be good, even if it ends. Even if it's sad that it ends. Doesn't erase one second of the good times, the fun and joy and friendship. It's all there, good and bad and indifferent."

An amazing girl, wise beyond her years. I felt humbled, now that she'd put it out in the open it seemed plain.

I felt I should return the respect. "And when you can't stand to be around a peeping tom, a constant voyeur, a jaded old cynic who's seen too much, a weird freak. Well then, you can leave.

I promise you can. I can't see forever, things become muddled and crazy after a few blocks in the city, longer in the country. You want to lose me, you only have to get in a cab and go."

She accepted that. Then took my hand in hers. We walked hand in hand, something like a boyfriend and girlfriend, back home.

Next: a date with Khang. First day at work. Meeting some clients. More exploring. Sleeping together.