All Comments on 'Yakima Ch. 01-02'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting start

Not sure of Washington, but in this story, the son Matt is almost 16. Unless dad is on the road every day, no judge even in my own "Mom is bestest" state won't give strong consideration to the son's wishes, so the mom is deluded if she thinks she gets custody automatically. Plus, at 16 he can emancipate (that I just checked). Mom is in for a shock.

redlion75redlion75over 6 years ago
Again

Didn't you write this already

C_frommnC_frommnover 6 years ago
Love

The Set Up. Can't wait to see the Fall Out. Wifey finding out she isn't the Only or that he has Nothing. She separated from the Family. and having to work for the first time in her life. Reality Suck's Sometime's

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Almost certain this story has been posted before

99% sure this is a repost. Don't know if it is the same author.

frazodfrazodover 6 years ago

The story is on SOL. It was published in 2015.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A fun read

I'm just on the other side of the mountain and travel to Yakima regularly. The police chief of Ellensburg, I think he's still there, used to be my weightlifting partner twenty years ago, or so. When I was a little boy, we used to take our two-ton truck to Zillah for alfalfa.

I hope this shrew of a cunt gets her just rewards.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Definitely an old story.

If you are the author, you should attribute it to wherever you posted it before. It saves on reporting it as stolen. No rating.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
Typical Anonymous comments

Hey genius, did you notice that the story on SOL has the same author?

You're pathetic. STFU until your brain cells regenerate.

Nice job, coaster.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
@whogivesashit

Because it's so much more difficult to steal an author's user name than a story....right?

Not that it happened here but it's good karma to tell the readers it's been published elsewhere. There are a lot of stolen stories that end up here and when I see something I've read before, I go research to find it, then report it. Especially if it's an old story. Other readers do the same.

It saves EVERYONE (including admin) time and trouble if the author just tells us up front!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Gordo's a cunt

I 'spose his cock shriveled up a few decades ago.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 6 years ago
Why

Why is this in novels section? Straight Loving Wives if ever I saw one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really bad.

Poorly written characters. No depth, nearly no backstory, almost no world building, about as dry as Arizona desert. At this point I wouldn't care if he came home and his house was burnt down. This is early high school level writing.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Truly find the comments shocking

It reads to me like an excellent novella.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The worst boring garbage I had ever skipped thru !

The previous comment is spot on. "1*" of course.

This writer appears to have NO writing skills whatsoever !! Just mindless drivel.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 6 years ago
Great story, great writing...

Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is almost painful....

I went through almost exactly the same as your protagonist, except that instead of a car salesman it was someone I thought was a friend. The anger, the biases against the father in the system (even when the victim), the depression... it is all so familiar. You so far have missed the growing bitterness that arises from knowing that venting the anger can hurt your custody or harm the child(ten), so it gets bottled up and festers.

I at least had a better idea why she jumped into the affair- underlying mental health issues and stress caused by an academic department chair trying to kill our “tenant” program housed in his department of an unrelated discipline by harassing faculty and trying to kill our tenure applications, leading to her breakdown, including other bad decisions besides jumping to a “safety net.” On the other hand, seeing her unwilling to acknowledge the problem added a new type of pain.

Well written, believable, and generating a lot of empathy for the protagonist. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The author knows nothing about custody under the family law statutes

Total nonsense. The mother almost always gets the kids if they are very young. Any 16 year-old will get to choose who lives with, assuming neither parent is a druggie, alcoholic, or felon. You can't build drama on bullshit.

sexysue12sexysue12over 3 years ago
She is cheating on him.

Wow! She was cheating on him and he knew nothing about it. That is so unfair. More than just doing that, she is screwing him for everything she can get.

I hope it works out for him.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 years ago

"...She didn't do this to hurt you. She would never deliberately hurt you. You know that."

"It's just that hurting you was less of a consideration to her than having sex with another man."

And I'm guessing the position of General Manager for Gordon ain't likely to happen now.. so sad, too bad...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The one thing he didn't ask about was what were his rights if his wife wanted to invite her boyfriend into the house. What could he do to make sure the didn't happen? Also, in most states, custody rights can be greatly determined by the minor if they are 13 or older. So, the wife is wrong about the absoluteness of her getting full custody.

deependerdeepender8 months ago

It is remarkable how many of these stories begin with unreasonable, untenable situations which are offered to the reader as a given. Not just unusual, but borderline absurd. The first few times, the reader might say "Okay, what do we have here?", but after a few of them they all become the same. Not sure there's any redeeming value here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Yakima Series Info

SIMILAR Stories