All Comments on 'Yawning Abyss'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Great story! You must keep a very detailed cast list.

5

NGNelNGNelalmost 4 years ago
Fun read

you sir are a legend. since you say this is the last for awhile i want to say thanks for the wild rides.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So many things to say, not enough words to really say them.

So instead, how bout this:

Simply and sincerely, thank you.

texquilltexquillalmost 4 years ago

This epic is a great way to leave us wanting more while you're on hiatus! Au revoir, but not "good-bye"! Thanks for sharing some great insight on human nature.

CSD2CSD2almost 4 years ago

Jim Bob

If this is the Last story for a while or forever : thank you.

Have a super sparkly life.

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 4 years ago
Quite an interesting read

Would have loved an apology/reconciliation from those greedy kin but life doesn't always work out that way. Besides that this was pretty much perfect.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallalmost 4 years ago

If this is truly your last story here, something I hope won't be the case, you absolutely went out on a high note.

Now I've got to go and read some of the other stories again.

TLB1981TLB1981almost 4 years ago

I hope you continue you write some good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Absolutely riveting! JimBob44 is definitely my favourite currently (but apparently no more) active author. Going to miss his stories….

musicman1261musicman1261almost 4 years ago

I always enjoy your stories. If this is your last it’s a great way to go out. I hope though that you will eventually come back with more great stories.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Sorry you aren't enjoying writing

Just know we will miss you very much.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 4 years ago

You've entertained me with your stories. They are great, fun reads. I wish you the best in finding whatever will offer some happiness. If by chance writing crops up on your "I want to do" list, I'll be the first in line. Otherwise, no matter what, laissez le bon temps rouler.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
Exellent story yet again!

I hope your health is returned and your muse finds you again. You will be missed.

DruisiuilDruisiuilalmost 4 years ago
Farewell

Will definitely miss your stories. Hope you find joy in whatever you do next

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago
A fitting swan song

Thank you for the farewell tour. You took us on a tour of nearly every town that you created, and a high percentage of characters we've met over the years. Closure? We got good and bad continuations for so many people! Thank you for the years of great stories and the thousands of very human characters you've given us. I'm sorry to hear that this no longer brings you enjoyment, but that's mostly selfish on my part, because I find a lot of joy in your works.

One last time, then: Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Once again!

Once again JB44 got a home run. I may not always like his subject matter, but I love all his cast of characters! Maybe sometime in a future story he'll let us know what happened to Grandma, George, sitters and bothers she left behind in Myndee. Five Stars from this old fan of yours.

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Thanks for another great story

Like most of them, it's so full of rich, interesting characters, a lot of pain, a lot of humor, and plenty to keep us totally engaged.

If this really is your last story, or even your last one for a while, then sincere and heartfelt thanks for all you've given us. It is much appreciated, and we will re-read them and savor them again.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic

5 Big Stars! I love your stories. Thanks for sharing them with us. I will miss your stories. Best of luck to you! Hope you change your mind and start writing again.

steve1953steve1953almost 4 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for all your stories and please make only a short break. God Bless

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Don’t Leave Me This Way

Had to wait for the tears to stop falling before I could write a note to say thank you for the pleasure you have given me over the past few years.

As a Brit, my imagination has worked overtime to live in your world. I hope you rediscover your mojo in the future, and write for us all again.

In the meantime, I wish you good luck with whatever you are doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You rock JimBob

Your storytelling is amazing. I hope you find joy in writing again, so I can have joy in reading!

TiredOldMan502TiredOldMan502almost 4 years ago
If it's the end, what a way to go.

I've been reading JB44's stories for about 7 years now. What kept me coming back was that most of his character's have to make big decisions in mostly mundane settings. You know, like most of us day to day. Add in his skill for basing a character on a character who secretly has money and you have a great universe to spin yarns. Some of his characters are blue collar, some lottery winners while some work hard and make their own successes.

Three elements of JB44's styler really stole the show in this story. One, purposefully incorporating many of the locations in previous stories, as well as the cast of dozens in this travelogue. And even that had some meta feel to it as at one point, JB44 would recap where other characters had appeared. The second element was one by distinct omission. The lack of a focus on substance abuse. Many of JB44's stories revolve around recovery and for him to not find a reason to shoehorn a subplot with that theme was a great show of restraint.

The third thing that make this story especially memorable is its sheer length. JB44 has never been one for padding out a story. In fact, my main critique of his early work was that some of them were just too short.

If this is the end, it's an exit on a high note. My hope is that JB44 will rest, recharge and regale us again.

kinkyman696969kinkyman696969almost 4 years ago
loved it

such a great story was hooked right away and could not stop reading it

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago
Laissez les bons temps rouler...

May good fortune and good health lead you into the future. We've enjoyed your stories, they've provided us with so much entertainment. Hopefully you'll find a story or two still trying to work itself free and, if so, we'll be eager to read it.

Thanks to our friend JimBob44. Take care.

buran288buran288almost 4 years ago

THANK YOU JimBob44!!

amadthonamadthonalmost 4 years ago
Loved this

I've been reading your back catalog and like all the characters and how they move through multiple stories. I'm sorry to hear you're not going to be writing more and I hope the spirit moves you again eventually.

Montgomery QuinnMontgomery Quinnalmost 4 years ago

Excellent story. I hope you feel that writing bug again soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
always

not gonna lie here. Really gonna miss finding another of your yarns to read. may you be fleet of foot and have sharp claws at journeys end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just....

....wonderfully entertaining!!!!

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago

Euh, JimBob...

This should be in Novel.

Haven't started reading it yet, but felt a great need to point the obvious.

Now that it is done...

bigreddog543bigreddog543almost 4 years ago

A good and easy read, but for some reason it didn't really move me. Maybe it was too perfect; the star never had one problem with any of her ideas. The sex seemed to be a side of the story that was just thrown in, but wasn't central to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story as always.

I have read nearly all of your stories and this is the first time I've ever left a comment on any story I've ever read on here. I'm going to miss your stories very much and if you ever write again I'd love to see one about Heidi Moek and her daughters. I think their story is long overdue. Thank you for all of your stories.

g912493g912493almost 4 years ago
Sorry you decided to stop posting

Sorry you decided to stop posting, I have enjoyed your stories for years. I guess we all have to follow our paths. If you decide to return, we will be here waiting.

Did I mention I really liked this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What the actual fuck

See above

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another good one

Welcome again. I'm the anonymous reader of all your stories. Thanks for all of those.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
read vanity by jb44

see how rachel and amber evolve. my guess-based on jb's previous losing interest and then returning-is he'll be back...or not. but i've followed him for over ten years, and he has left us a trove of fine reads-for free. note how in his last five words we have an ole timey jb spelling error: "rand" .

1sporticus1sporticusalmost 4 years ago
Go to author !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enjoyed this story, along with all of the others, and you are my go to Author on this site. I feel like I am able to understand where you are coming from and your style of writing appeals to me. I am saddened by you potentially not coming back. Hope you find what your looking for. Andy

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 4 years ago
Thanks for a lot of reading pleasure!

It's sad to see a favorite author decide to stop posting stories. At least, you let us know what you were going to do instead of just disappearing. Good luck in the future, and a lot of us hope to see you return! Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good will and good luck.

You deserve both of em, JimBob. Thanks for making some of my favourite stories on Literotica. I hope you enjoy yourself in whatever you do next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Real

I enjoyed your story. I found your characters so real that I think I knew some of them. Funny and erotic a wonderful combo. Good luck with future endeavors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Cleverly done

I saw in another story you were taking a break from these stories, much to my chagrin. Your stories are very good, especially the dialogue. Quick, clever and never stilted. As good as you'll find on this site. And ending with a story that spans the many areas you've written about? Again, cleverly done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How would I get your permision to

use a couple of your characters in a story I'm working on? You have already created the ideal character that doesn't need any changing.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Anonymous of 8/17/2020

Send an email to the author via the Literotica system and ask permission. I would strongly encourage you to include all pertinent data (plot synopsis, where the story takes place, what the character will be doing, etc.).

green117green117over 3 years ago
I liked this one

quite a bit.

I mean, what's not to like? We got a buxom blond, smart, kinda talks funny, hornier than heck, and she still does the Horatio Alger thing.

Sure, she seems to have a thing for anal, is rude much of the time, sets up a half nekkid (by the way, in that neck of the woods is the permitting of such activities lax as all of that? You did bring up dope selling and felonies...) BBQ place, and does girls as much as she does boys, if not more so... but is that a bad thing?

When I looked at the monthly stories of the month, I saw this one on the Anal list... honestly, I never go to the anal list but had enough trust in you to think that there would be redeeming... something of value. Fer one, I find that stuff that my preferred female partners don't really like, I don't really like. Your protagonist, with the unusual name (a story in that), really liked anal. I was almost getting into it.

Sorry to hear about the burnout. Hope that I see some of your stuff somewhere down the avenue.

Green-something

CrisInGACrisInGAover 3 years ago
Doesn't this pretty much sum up all of our lives?

"A tale of a girl's journey in life, trying to find something that money can't buy, but that could freely be given, even by someone as selfish and self-centered as Amber Goodwin Truesdale Gerrard."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Absolutely fantastic

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another great story!

I was extremely sad to read your note that this would be your last story, at least for the foreseeable future. I have greatly enjoyed your stories, and I feel like I have lost a good friend. I hope you get you "mojo" or "muse" or whatever back soon, and change your mind. MANY times reading one of your stories has been the high point of my day. Thank you very much for going to the trouble of writing and posting these fine stories. Actually, you said, "I do not know if, or when I will post another story HERE" (emphasis added). If you decide to post stories elsewhere I hope you will let us know where they may be found. Thanks again.

VanadornVanadornover 3 years ago

I look forward to all your submissions and hope you find your muse again. Write when you can and thanks for everything.

-V

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago

JimBob44 the best!

I was very sorry to read JB44's note saying he is not going to write more stories. His work has passion, humor, gritty reality, and humanity. I hope the raucous nature of LW has not caused his stopping writing, but it probably hasn't since he writes in so many categories.

Be well JimBob44, and all the best to you and yours.

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Thanks for writing! Be safe and Live Well.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Love

JB44, I love the worlds you create with your stories, so gritty, and down to earth. I'll just start reading them all over again until you decide to give us another one. PS: I wish you well, and good health. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you JimBob44!

I have enjoyed your stories and appreciate you sharing them with us. One of the things I most like about your stories was that your characters sounded like real people sound and acted like real people act. I will miss them. And you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank You JimBob44

For a dozen or so years of enjoyment. Your contributionK82s will be missed......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
It's a sad day

2020 and now on into 2021 have been hard, sad times of loss for me, and so many others. Your stories helped me feel less alone, many of them reminding me of my family, my life. I feel I'm losing another from my life. Thank you for your generosity of sharing your talent with us, and Godspeed to you on whatever comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Jimmy Bob,

Wow. What a fabulous story. Thats the first of your literature that I have read, and it won't be the last,

So I was sorry to read that you are parking your quill in the inkwell.

You have an amazing talent, and I am sure that you have given pleasure to thousands of readers.

Good Luck, and be happy

Regards

Timmunity1@gmail.com

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Ending seemed a little rushed but what an adventure. I could hardly keep up with all the characters you were introducing but what a start poor Killen had and how she over came them was a revelation.

Sorry to hear you're going to stop writing so hope this is an apt swansong for you. Only read 2 of yours before this so there's much more to keep me entertained.

BigpickleBigpicklealmost 3 years ago

I totally enjoyed it. Not only was it a story and not just a bunch of sex, it had a purpose and you accomplished that masterfully I think you are a best selling author hidden as a Literotica writer..

GiuliaNapoliGiuliaNapoliover 2 years ago

See ... I told you how great you are. Congratulations on the win. Very well done, my friend!

GaiusErosGaiusErosover 2 years ago

Congratulations on your win.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Meandering as your usual style, and very enjoyable. Nice writing. Pulling in characters, settings, and situations from your other stories? Brilliant.

sentiantonesentiantoneover 2 years ago

So glad you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for such a fun, serious, erotic, interesting story. Not at all what I was looking for when i found it but really a great read . Looking forward to reading the rest of your work.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

My second time around reading this and it’s just as good as it was originally! Love the clipped dialect with words dropped, it reads as people actually speak from the area you’ve originated them in, can’t say as I blame Kaileen for the long, protracted (and expensive) revenge she exacts on her birth parents, all for the want of some loving care and attention which ought to be automatic but all to frequently isn’t. Sorry to hear you aren’t writing anymore for Lit, may happiness find you wherever you may go next. Regards Ppfzz.

Chimo1961Chimo1961almost 2 years ago

Got a bad case of the feels at the end. Wow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow thanks so much for this story. 2nd time reading. Even better the 2nd time seeing details i missed before. Both times started out looking for a good anal story and found a great long storyline with great anal scenes. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked that there was a story and not just sex. The latter does get me going, but the story keeps me interested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Robert A. Heinlein would approve of this story.

An "A" for merit and an "A" for quality.

ds0402ds0402over 1 year ago

Pretty decent story line and character development. The sexual content was very good and detailed. My biggest problem with the author here is the dialog. The central character Kaileen Whithers is supposedly a college masters graduate with summa cum laude honors but she speaks like an uneducated backwoods redneck. So do most of the other characters. It makes no sense. Kaileen is clearly advanced just based on her business acuity and self made wealth. She should articulate in clear, well spoken English. Perhaps a version edit someday. Otherwise, very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

rachael??? digusting misspelling of a perfectly good name. off of????? not english!

one star. and, waaaay too long.

PurplefizzPurplefizz9 months ago

Just got around to reading this story again - which I love, mostly for the feel of place the speech patterns give it. I appreciate your leaving it here for us to read JimBob44.

I’ve also read a few of the newer comments, does Anon actually read his own grammatical vomit? Complaining about name spelling? Oh and fwiw capital “E” on english next time.

Does ds0402 actually believe that education changes your accent and phrasing? Maybe if you’re a pretentious preppy or if a refined accent is either a job requirement or makes you feel as if you’ve outrun your humble beginnings it might well do, however the point was that Kaileen was a “back woods redneck” and until her win had been economically trapped in the lowest possible echelon of society, the education and qualifications would do nothing to change that, neither would working at the sharp end in restaurants, a person has to want to change to actually effect a change on the way they speak, Kaileen was more than happy as she was. As someone bemoaning the dialect used and wanting “English” I’d suggest using capitals on Summa Cum Lauda and the correct English spelling of dialogue. We can all pick faults in things, I’d really suggest you put your own language use in order if you do next time.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dear Author, I am an 80 year old man and my sex life is pretty well, nonexistent. I live on dreams of my younger days.. It was a very enjoyable, read and well written. Thank you so very much.

DL Angel, Owosso, Michigan

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories