Year One Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once I'd finished all that she let me get back to what I was actually supposed to be doing. Helping Sally bath added over an hour to the afternoon's work. I had to hurry through the rest of the cleaning and hope that she wouldn't notice the short cuts.

By the time I was ready to leave it seemed like she had only just finished with her hair and make up. "Off already, David?" she said.

"I need to go. To get back... The curfew..."

"Yes, of course. It would never do for you to upset the MCF and the last thing I want is to cause any problem like that."

I'm beginning to wonder how long I can keep this up. I'd be much happier if I could get back to some sort of office job like I had before, but I can't see that happening. It's not helped by the fact that I'm living with Sally's daughter (or rather Sally's daughter is making use of my flat). I keep thinking that the only way out is to abscond but when I try to plan out what I might do I run up against practical problems, like where the hell would I go?

Monday April 11th

There were more protests up in London today, although the reporting on the TV was very brief and just focussed on what the police had done to disperse protestors.. I tried seeing if I could find out more on my mobile phone but I just got a message "The Requested Content Is Not Available To This Account". That's the first time I've seen a message like that. I don't remember anyone saying anything about internet access being restricted. I asked Jill what it was about. She said she thought she'd seen something about it on some DOSA bulletin or other. When she checked the folder she keeps with all her stuff from them it turned out there had been something two weeks ago saying that access controls for Ident Card holders were being introduced and that sponsors wanting any particular access needs to be taken account of should provide details to DOSA. Jill hadn't thought I needed anything special so she hadn't done anything about it.

The bulletin also said, "Repeated attempts to access blocked content will be reported to sponsors." I guess I'm going to have to be careful what I ask Mr Google for in future.

Monday April 18th

I found my passport! It turns out that there wasn't some female supremacist conspiracy to prevent me leaving the country after all. It was still in the desk where I thought it was. It had just got pushed into the folds of a notebook. I only found it because Jill had asked me to find some letter that she was sure DOSA had sent her but couldn't remember what she had done with it.

So, maybe I can think again about getting away. I've got quite a bit of cash built up in the household account

Wednesday April 20th

Watched a documentary on TV this evening. Jill insisted. Said it was something that DOSA had recommended all sponsors get their men to watch. It was about the Merryfield Detention Centre and how they were working "to rehabilitate those that have a distorted view of recent changes in society". By the end of it I wasn't convinced that it was quite as benign a place as the BBC would have us believe. There were a few interviews with inmates but I had the impression right through that a warder was standing behind the camera staring at them to remind them that when the cameras went home they would still be there.

I can remember party activists complaining about BBC bias in last year's election. They seem to have got over it now.

I also felt that I wasn't keen on ending up there -- which maybe was the objective. One thing is for sure, when / if I do decide to get out I want to be VERY confident that I make it clear out of the country.

Monday April 25th

I was clearing up at home this morning. Sally didn't want me to come over to her place until the afternoon. The place was a tip, Jill had some of her friends from uni over last night. Quite a lot of drinking went on. Three couples stayed over. I got shifted out of my room to make room for one of them; a tall, Indian-looking girl and her dark tomboyish lover. I bedded down on one of the armchairs in the living room so it was hardly a restful night's sleep.

I was up and busy clearing up the glasses and bottles long before Jill showed herself. I suppose I should be sympathetic about the fact that she obviously had a full-on hangover but I wasn't. I managed to stay out of her way and by lunchtime they'd all decided they were going up the pub for the hair of the dog, so I got the place back to myself.

About half past one there was a ring on the door bell and I opened it to find Angie there.

"Hi," she said. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, but Jill is out, I'm afraid." I told her about the previous night.

"That's OK. I wanted to talk to you. How are things working out with Sally?"

"Yeah. All right I guess. She's fair enough. I mean I never saw myself as a career house cleaner but it solved the immediate problem and it's kept Jill happy. I'd rather be back in an office somewhere but I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon. How's the world of high politics?"

Angie smiled. "Yeah. All right. I'm not sure I'm keen on all the in-fighting and back-biting but it is good to be able to put ideas forward and get a hearing and sometimes get something done about them. Nina got me a promotion and I've got a team of researchers working for me now."

"Good for you." I wasn't sure I fully shared her enthusiasm but I was glad things were working out for her.

"The thing is, I wondered how you would feel about moving to London? I mean Jill would have to agree and everything -- and Sally too, I guess, but, well, I'd quite like to have you around again."

"And you need someone to keep house. Don't you have time with your new job?"

"Maybe but there's plenty I could choose from if I just wanted a new house boy. I thought things worked OK with us before. You'd find London more fun than Fordswell."

"I reckon they are both much the same after curfew, though."

"Fair point. Think about it though. I won't say anything to Jill unless you are interested."

That was what swung it, in the end. I mean she could have just arranged for a transfer of sponsorship with Jill without even talking to me. And, well, I know Angie could be a bit of a cow sometimes but at least she knew when I was around. With Jill, I don't think she really cares one way or the other.

I said why didn't she just float the idea with Jill and see what reaction she got. I'm not going to say anything to Harry or Cara about this -- I think that would just make things more complicated. I didn't mention Jess either.

Thursday April 28th

An awkward conversation with Jill this evening. "I hear you want to move to London," she said.

I said it wasn't quite like that but I guess from her perspective it didn't really matter.

"I'm going to talk to mummy and see if she knows another house-boy I could move in to keep the place tidy and fund the rent. Until that happens I've said to Angie I don't want to commit."

I was thinking well, at least, I've got the housekeeping cash that I've been building up so I've still got some options whichever way things go with Angie but then Jill said, "Oh yes, and another thing. I hadn't realised what a good job you'd been doing with the housekeeping -- there was quite a bit of a balance in the account. Well done! I've used it to book a few days away at the end of next month, so don't worry if there's less in there than you thought there ought to be. Keep up the good work!"

So, that's put the lid on any plans to abscond for the minute at least. Still, she didn't sound as though she thought I was doing it deliberately, thank goodness.