All Comments on 'Yearning Man: Quest for the Consort'

by yowser

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
holliday1960holliday1960about 1 year ago

Where have I been while you developed this incredible writing style of yours, Yowser? This is writing at its best. Lovely, simply lovely. You have both my attention and my applause for an engrossing and flawlessly written work of art. I love the flow and the use of conversation to pace the story. Excellent writing. I'll have to play catch-up and read your entire story line-up as soon as possible. Thank you for a very worthwhile investment.

OmenainenOmenainenabout 1 year ago

Enchanting. Interesting imagery. That being said, I don’t think a single character showed much agency? It might’ve been more thought provoking if someone had messed with the tradition somehow, showing that it isn’t some kind of divine guidance after all but in the hands of people executing it. And I was left wondering what would’ve happened if the ritual coupling on the stage would’ve failed? What were the stakes, exactly?

Anyway, lovely writing and interesting premise well executed. Thank you for participating in my event :-)

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenabout 1 year ago

I liked it. Vivid imagery, fairy-tale prose and setting, characters using what agency they had to them to try to take more control of their lives.

Would have fit in nicely in various erotica anthologies, back when such things actually got printed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryowser@yowser
I am fond of a well-crafted story. My interests are broad spectrum, there is something here for almost everyone. I value writing as a tool of exploration.