All Comments on 'Yes, Dear Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
DaTazDaTazabout 11 years ago
Great!

Very nice. But, you can add another couple of pages easy! Go for it. There is so much more to add to fill it out. Reach and you shall find more inside of you!

EdgarJames34EdgarJames34about 11 years ago
Well written....

Good story...

And it was a love story...

Well done!

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Enjoyable Romance

The disaster, as usual, was an opportunity... Karen was so insensitive that she never realized that even if he had not found his partner he would never take her back.

oscar73oscar73about 11 years ago
great story

great story loved the ending and the realness of the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for finishing your story. As for those upset that it took too long? They should seriously consider demanding their money back.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 11 years ago
Good story

A few typos, but I'll be damned if I saw them.

wizard724wizard724about 10 years ago
Great story!

Interesting story. Made me wonder what kind of feelings a transgender went thru during their life.

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
I almost...

I almost made the mistake of not reading this story (the 3 chapters). I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Thank you for sharing. Easily worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

At first I was kind of skeptical after reading the disclaimer..but then it was such a beautiful story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Worked beautifully

The end was not a big surprise but it worked very well and the story was wonderful -

The TG crowd should be pleased if and when they find it -

It is a simple romance story - they can be so hard to tell well lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
VERY GOOD STORY

ALL IT TAKES IS LOVE AND HONESTY TO MAKE THINGS WORK. THATS MY THOUGHTS ANY WAY. I LIKED THE STORY AND YES IT WAS DIFFERENT AND THERE WERE PROBLEMS BUT THEY OVER CAME THEM AND HAVE A HAPPY LIFE.

RON

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
There are some things that should be told to a significant other...

BEFORE they become "significant".

I fault Andi for that one - she should have told him before it progressed to any sexual action...

Maybe physically being a guy while in all other ways being a gal shouldn't have the weight it does, but it does... it's like, there was a sexual secret and it should be shared before sexual actions...

Like "my job required moving (and you knew) but you never told me you would never move away from here."

Or "You know I wanted kids (of my loins) but you never told me you hate kids."

Or "You know my religion is X and my kids will be too but you never told me yours was Y and you won't accept that ever."

MAYBE with whatever the potential deal breaker is I'll decide it isn't after all... but I deserved to know it was there as soon as you did... I may have fell in love with you but you had no right to allow that to continue or especially escalate (if you love me too) while hiding something from me that effects US. Anything.

Oh, by the way, knowing I haven't said it yet but I enjoyed the story. I know that was just a weakness in her character not how she is in general so it was easy enough to like her in spite of it - kind of like the majority of his family.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years ago
Not an unexpected ending...

But I loved the journey getting to it.

A proper romantic story and yes, something of a fairy tale... But so fucking what!

The tenderness between the main characters was well described and heart-warming.

I disagree with those who say that she should have told Brian before they were emotionally attached. No two situations are te same and in this case, she timed it well.

Take a big 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Quiete Week

was not much new this week on Lit. that caught my interest .

So i decided to revisit some of my favorite Authors .

Have to say in all honesty , that i skipped reading this story previously.

have to say that doing so was my loss ...

a very well written tale

delightfuly entertaining & engaging

remarkably interesting & intriguing

now off to look at other profiles & see what other quality storys on topics / genres i have in the past Avoided are out there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of your best.

I have read most of your stories but had skipped this, Boy was I wrong for not giving it a chance never judge a book by it's blurb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
You won me over

Once I got into the story and figured out what it was about, I was ready to quit reading. I don't generally like transgender stories, but you won me over. Half way through I was cheering for her! Henceforth, I will just read your stories and check my pre-conceptions at the door. Thank You, MIke

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
liked it again

Beautiful story. Heart warming and loving.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo. com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
true love

True love is where you find it and it makes no difference who it is with. I have never read a story of transgender before just thought it was not my thing but you proved me wrong with this story. I really enjoyed the story it was so loving and caring. The title is what pulled me in.yes it is in my favorites.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

scifigazscifigazalmost 9 years ago
New read

Being straight,never read a transgender story before,found it moving and enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
true love

True love has no boundaries maybe just a speed bump or two. They have there love and there children and family so what more could you ask for. In my favorites and not my first time to read it. Is there a follow up story in the process of being written or have you already written one if so what is it called and what section.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice story

But I do believe all homo/les are severely mentally ill. There is ZERO genetic test to prove their validity. Sure some can put a brave face on it, but not for long. They always prove my point EVERY time. NEVER really happy.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What...

Nice Story Person/ You are the one that needs help you should read the story with an open mind and I notice you did not give your name so that tells me a lot about you it's kinda like some of the PERVTS we have in the South that run around with sheets and hoods on so you will not know who they are and how sick they are.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

Very moving lot of emotion in the story line. Never say Never .Love is where you'find

It and who you find it with so open your mind and heart.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice Story Has a case of the Ignorance

You believe this and that and the other and have nothing to support your nonsense.

judgemental as all get out; i'm glad i don't know you. sad,sad life, hater!

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
I didn't think. . . . !!!

I didn't think I'd like this story but as I progressed through it,it grew on me. My wife and I have friends of both sexes who are gay and several family members who had a difficult time figuring out what sex they were going to embrace. Good story,food for thought !!!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
well done

thanks for the straight (pun intended) forward presentation of a romantic love story. all the doubts, questions, uncertainties, and possible pitfalls were clearly and honestly presented. you told a tale of two people and their extended families who fell in love and found a way to make it work.

tompo296tompo296over 8 years ago
Excellent

What a delightful love story

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Abrupt ending

I didn't like the last paragraphs all that much, as an epilogue it sucked, having the last few lines be about her worrying about a 16 year old trying to take her man doesn't exactly set the right tone.

The page cutoff is a bit wonky also, I expected there to be more on the last page, but was left with only an Author's Note.

I would suggest fleshing out that ending a bit, adding at least a few hundred words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Abrupt

I have to admit it ended on a questing note but it was/is a very good story. At first I was not sold on the story . I mean a construction worker and a transgender woman but you have to read all three chapters and you Must remember Love is where you find it and who you find it with. The heart and the mind do not always agree. Her boss accepted her his family accepted her so what is the problem I do not see one all I ask is open your mind and heart when reading the story.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 8 years ago
In all seriosity, I have to say that this is one of the finest stories I have ever read on this site.

I gave you Five Stars all the way. Thank you for a really fine tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

An excellent writer telling an excellent story...sums up my feelings about all of your work that I have read to date. Thank you very Much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thoroughly stunning

the method of telling this story was exquisite, have not enjoyed a story so much for ages, very well written and paced, thank you

drdetroit019drdetroit019over 7 years ago
This story surprised me.

I did not expect to like or finish it, but your style grabbed my interest and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tale. It gave insight into the mind of transsexual or transgender people. Fiction does that for me, more so than technical papers

Thank you for a riveting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you. Now I understand better.

I had never read a story about transgendered people. News, yes. Attended a panel given by transgendered people, yes. Your story moved me from knowing a little to understanding more.

You write with passion and compassion. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very nice

I enjoyed it all. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BEAUTIFUL

Loved the story and the characters. The ball retrieval had me in happy tears.

MackBobMackBobabout 6 years ago
Very nice story

Well written and i loved the characters! I also loved the way you presented the main character with her flaws and worries and her mistakes and her pleasures.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 6 years ago
A Very Good Tale.

I didnโ€™t expect to enjoy this story, but to my great surprise it was very good.

Woodbgood

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for a great story. 5*

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. It was different to what I normally read but was pleasantly surprised with it

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic. Story

Really good story first time to read a transgender story and I was impressed. Truly great story

Buddy1945

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 3 years ago
Interesting

Ok I wasn't sure about this one until the end, very tastefully done with a nice light delicate touch. A well written story about a delicate subject. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I was very happy to see positive comments, they even aligned with my feelings. It isn't a story that I would have knowingly jumped into but was suckered into it. It was done tastefully with much thought and love. Q marched a careful path hopefully garnering understanding and respect for some who do not always get it. Thank you for a great story once again.

somewhere east of Omaha

Hale1Hale1over 3 years ago

It was what I've come to expect from you,a very well written story with a lot of twists and a beautiful ending. You put it in the right category,it is not about a sex change,it's a love story with an interesting twist that resulted in surgery to correct a debilitating malformation.

ChrissrChrissrover 3 years ago

I couldn't agree with Hale1 any more! This was excellent and something I probable would not have read if I had not found it on your site.

Thank you.

cybojicybojiabout 3 years ago
Normally

I wouldn't have read a story like this. But I trusted the author and was rewarded by another fantastic read. Human stories from a great perspective. Great work. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, real characterization, & a love story with sex nicely intertwined.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great story of love,morality,and justice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My second read, certainly not to be my last. The story and its author are truly inspiring for all the reasons shown in the comments before this. Q, you have reason to be proud of all of your works. Thank you for this story and all the rest. Five stars! What makes it even more special is such a positive comment section. That alone makes this story very rare.

somewhere east of Omaha

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

A very good read. So enjoyable. Thank-you

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Damn good storyteller. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful story! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 months ago I said while it was my first read of this story, it would not be my last. I was right, here I am once more and still enjoy the story and the talent it took to tell it. Thank you yet again Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story

apollo_XIapollo_XIover 2 years ago

Wonderful story of love and acceptance! I enjoy your writing.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Another fine story, Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful and romantic story. Never thought I enjoyed reading the story. Actually wanted to rate the story more than 5 star. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ. Thank you. Ali Singapore

Omart57Omart57about 2 years ago

A great story, Q!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FANTASTIC STORY!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I never imagined I would enjoy this story, but I genuinely did! Thank you for writing it.

Jim

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Good telling. Love knows no bounds. Thanks for writing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

5 star or more. still too bad Audrey(?) had to be such a bitch and out everyone but it all ended well. GOT to Love Family. good lesson on negotiation with all the kids and Allison is a heart breaker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

pounded my prostrate? look it up. look up prostate, as well!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really well done, loved the entire story. You have a real talent for writing great characters. Would love to see a story about Allison finding her true love and see the characters as background for that tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

AN EXCELLENT STORY THAT WOULD HAVE FARED BETTER WITHOUT THE PUBLIC DRAMA AND HUMILIATION BY KAREN!! COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED BETTER

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall, excellent story and informative as well. I loved the fact that it went into the thinking and the problems of people who face discrimination especially from people who have no clue about the real life of transgenders.

Again get a good editor. Even the names are not kept straight. Brian changes names twice in the story and it is the context that tells us who is being referred to; this is a major mistake. Please ask Randi to edit

Karen got what she deserved. I would have liked the former employer of Andi to be taken to court!

5*

BJ

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Very nice love story, second reading, still don't understand this transgender thing, but I do believe it love

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Never thought I'de like this story gay transgender stuff but I like your writing so I read it. Excellent story.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

As others have said, I was not sure I'd like this story when I first started it. However, Andi's character grew on me. The emotions evoked during the reading were real and strong. Makes you think about what some go through when they feel trapped in the wrong body. Loved the story. It helped me be more open minded. Thanks for sharing what's in your incredible mind. An easy 5-๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can't imagine anyone but Q who tell this tale as well. As always, thanks Q!

somewhere east of Omaha

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Okay, I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and this was one of the best. Just knew something bad was going to happen when Karen raised her ugly head, but it ended well for the good guys. Great story of love and family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have read this almost a dozen times. One of your best. One asks oneself what to get out of a story. As a75 year old man I can only say a happy ending. This delivers it in spades.

GeorgeGaleGeorgeGaleabout 1 year ago

Wow! What a wonderful story. Very well written and told..............():\

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written as I have come to expect when reading of his stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I had problems with the first parts giving 4s as ratings, but felt a 5 for the last one was well deserved. The earlier ones got 4s mainly due to the writing, the last a 5 for it all. Well handled.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Oh that was SO syrupy. Loved it though.

On to da nextโ€ฆ. After a moonpie dipped in syrupโ€ฆ

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you Q, it is a touching tale that all could enjoy. I've have several times. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

gort69gort693 months ago

Well thought out, happy ending. For the life of me I just donโ€™t get peopleโ€™s issues with different(of almost all sorts) people.

newfordnewford3 months ago

Excellent, the only word for the love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yes, wrong category. Hated the small portion that I read

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 month ago

What a great story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Almost didnโ€™t read it as transgender holds not interest for me but I am glad I did. It is a great romance story.

EHP4269EHP426927 days ago

The world would be so much better if we could all lie and let live and drop all the hate. As always Q wrote a really excellent tale. The occasional typo/spelling error but not even remotely enough to ruin a great romantic story. Thank you for your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8988 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Yes, Dearย Series Info