Yes, I Do Mind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, I'm going back to the States now," I said.

"Well, Rick, if you ever make it back to Bogota, perhaps you'll stay long enough to be my guest for dinner," he said.

"I'd like that very much, Ricardo," I said. He stopped and extended a hand.

"Vaya con Dios, Rick," he said. I shook his hand and nodded my head.

"Vaya con Dios, Ricardo," I said. "And thank you. For everything." We parted ways and I walked back to Ernesto's car.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

"Yes, Ernesto, everything is fine," I said. "But I'd better bet to the airport so I don't miss my flight." We got in his car and drove to the airport. When we got there, he turned to me.

"Boss, I'm sorry I didn't follow your orders," he said. "I... couldn't do what you wanted. If you like, I'll turn in my resignation."

"Don't apologize, Ernesto," I said. "You didn't do anything wrong. In fact, you were the only one who did the right thing. It's me who should apologize for putting you in that position in the first place. And perhaps it's me who should resign."

"No, boss, don't do that," he said. "I understand how you feel, what you were feeling. Hell, if it were me, I'd probably would've curb-stomped her ass and fed her to the fish. It all worked out in the end."

"Yes, it did," I said. "Well, thank you for everything, Ernesto. I'll be in touch. And give my best to Lupe and the kids."

"Do you think you might be back someday?" he asked.

"Of course," I said. "Where else would I find a helping of bandeja paisa, anyway?" He laughed as we shook hands. "I'll be in touch, Ernesto. Take care of yourself, and thank you for all your help."

* * * * *

Epilogue:

Diedre met me at the Ambassador Hotel on the day I was supposed to have met Marcy. Yes, we finished what we started in Iraq and it was a memorable night. We laid in bed, wrapped in each other's arms, basking in the afterglow of our coupling.

"You know, I put in my retirement papers," she said. "I've been thinking of a career change."

"Oh?" I asked. "What would you like to do?"

"I was thinking about becoming a full-time wife and homemaker," she said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes," she said. "Do you think there might be an opening coming up sometime soon?" I rolled over and looked at her pretty face.

"You know, I think there just might be one coming up in a couple weeks or so. Would you like to apply for the position?" I asked jokingly.

"I thought I just did," she said with a laugh.

"Indeed you did," I said.

"And you know I've fallen in love with you," she said.

"And I've fallen in love with you," I told her. "If it weren't for you, I don't know what I would've done."

"So, shall we make it official then?" she asked. "Even though your divorce isn't officially final yet?"

"Why not?" I asked. "That is, if you don't mind."

"Of course not, babe," she said.

"Will you marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?" I asked. She smiled and kissed me deeply.

"Yes, Rick Weston," she said. "I'll marry you. I love you so much."

* * * * *

Marcy and Trey stood trial in Colombia for drug trafficking and were both found guilty. Both of them got the maximum sentence -- 12 years, along with a very hefty fine. Trey was sent to one of the worst prisons in the country -- a crowded, rat-infested hole that already held more than 200 percent of its designed capacity. He didn't last very long, maybe a couple years. It turned out that members of a rival cartel took umbrage at his efforts to encroach on their territory. His mutilated body was found one morning before breakfast and hastily buried.

Marcy ended up getting sent to Buen Pastor, Bogota's best-known women's prison. She fared somewhat better than Trey, but life was still very hard on her. She doesn't get many visitors, naturally, but someone from the embassy comes by periodically to check up on her and make sure she's doing okay. The kids send letters and cards at least once a month, and they tell me she looks forward to the day when they can be reunited.

Penny and the others were finally released from their "house arrest" after the trial and allowed to come home. A visibly pregnant Penny and her doctor friend were met at the airport by a process server and were raked over the coals in their divorces. Both of them were fired from the hospital and had to leave the area to find work elsewhere.

I lost touch with Leslie and Vince, but the last time I heard, they were still involved in their lifestyle. Leslie, however, had to take a break after she got pregnant. They still don't know who the father is.

I sold the house and bought a new one after Diedre and I got married. She's transitioning quite nicely into her chosen career path. I've told her many times there's always a place for her at Acme, but she says she's tired of all that "spook" stuff and wants to spend the rest of her time making a happy home for the two of us -- and her cat.

That is, if I don't mind. Which I don't.